SunnyLea0

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SunnyLea0

Good. So I haven't missed the olive oil left.

This and some of that shocking green olive oil on a small plate with some toasted french bread is one of the pleasures in life not to be missed.

Like other long-time wooters, I'm in for 2. I'd be in for more if they'd let me.

SunnyLea0

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SunnyLea0

Yet. Not left. Left doesn't make any sense.

greyday

quality posts: 54 Private Messages greyday

We're on page 5, so we probably don't need anymore praise for this. But I'll do it anyway. Love this stuff, for the price it's the best you're going to find. I've bought three in the past and would totally buy more right now if I didn't still have a full bottle in the wine cellar and a half full one in the cabinet.

It is the PERFECT tenderizer for tougher steak marinades (I usually pour a very small amount in the center and marinate in red wine). And amazing drizzled over fresh mozzarella.

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59

How is this not gone yet?!? I missed it the past 2 years and was so upset (I even tried to watch the wootoffs). In for 2. Might ask my boyfriend to pick up 2 more.

zechs77

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zechs77

I bought this for my dad two years ago and he still uses it sparingly, but loves it. Excellent with fresh sliced mozzarella and basil!

I wish he needed another bottle so I could just buy him another one this year and be done with it.

keithnowak7

quality posts: 11 Private Messages keithnowak7

This stuff is amazing. I have an entire unopened box from last time when it was hinted that it may be the last appearance on woot. I don't mind the price increase and got another. Perhaps I have a better taste for vinegar than wine, but I find this the best bang-for-my-buck on woot. And that is 40 dollars for a bottle of vinegar! It makes so many dishes that much better. A bottle of wine never lasts a day, and a bottle of this lasts for a good bit of a year, which helps.

rckwoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rckwoot

So many great reviews... in for two! Maybe will give one to my brother-in-law at Christmas. Then again, maybe not.

Last Wooter to Woot:
rckwoot

rd24dec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rd24dec

For the amount you receive, this is a bit too pricey. It is very good, but not that good. For 250 ml, twenty dollars it would be more tempting.

penguin9271

quality posts: 6 Private Messages penguin9271

I was only going to buy one but right before I clicked the big yellow button, I noticed a review. Glad I did because I changed my mind and ordered 2. I've only tried the cheap grocery store stuff so I'm looking forward to vinegar-vana.

spammie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages spammie
CasaDeCase wrote:Don't know those of you who are looking for holiday gifts saw this posting with the presentation box that the Botte Piccola comes in. An impressive gift!

Howard, will you be Wooting your super-delicious olio nuovo again this year?

Winedavid39

quality posts: 211 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

spammie wrote:Howard, will you be Wooting your super-delicious olio nuovo again this year?

he'd tell you but then he'd have to k*ll you..

slicey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slicey
nancyjorgensen wrote:It might be good, but I get 18 yr. old true italian balsamico from a local olive oil store for $25/500ml. I'm outta here.

This is what I'm thinking. All the local specialty Olive Oil stores sell 18-yr balsamic in 375ml bottles for about $16-$18.

Can this really be better than those for twice the price and less volume?

I'm not talking grocery-store balsamic here, either.

turbobuick86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages turbobuick86

Thank you to everyone that replied to my post regarding my impatience on the wine delivery.

BUT.... I'M THIRSTY NOW, DAGNABIT!! :D :D

inkycatz wrote:How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

... also known as "it's all good, yo, no worries yet"

ladytyphoid

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ladytyphoid
mschauber wrote:WD/woot/et al,
Please put the nutrition label info up in the stats section for any food item, or at least a photo that includes the label so we can read it.

But since you're probably not going to do that for this offer, please list all the data here.

Thanks.

I'm going to chime in as well. It outright confuses me why woot never does this.

pentiumjen

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pentiumjen

Thankfully I checked woot today. I almost didn't and would have missed out on my beloved balsamic. I've been rationing what I had left from my previous order last year. Yahoo in for two! And no I am not sharing with anyone so my family better not even ask, lol.

ygbsm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ygbsm

Serious Q:
Can I double order? I already purchased two, for gifting, and I have two more people that will be pissed off when they find out /they/ didn't get the awesome balsamico like Fred and Ethel.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
ygbsm wrote:Serious Q:
Can I double order? I already purchased two, for gifting, and I have two more people that will be pissed off when they find out /they/ didn't get the awesome balsamico like Fred and Ethel.

You should be able to "gift" two to yourself. Just slightly change your address.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

CasaDeCase

quality posts: 14 Private Messages CasaDeCase
slicey wrote:This is what I'm thinking. All the local specialty Olive Oil stores sell 18-yr balsamic in 375ml bottles for about $16-$18.

Can this really be better than those for twice the price and less volume?

I'm not talking grocery-store balsamic here, either.

I don't want to be a skeptic, but genuine balsamic 18 years old in 100 ml generally runs over $100.

pentiumjen

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pentiumjen
ygbsm wrote:Serious Q:

Some people, let's say, might open a 2nd woot account and use a different payment method in that type of circumstance.

kylemittskus

CasaDeCase wrote:I don't want to be a skeptic, but genuine balsamic 18 years old in 100 ml generally runs over $100.

Skepticism is healthy! And I also say "no way" to these "real" 18 year old claims.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

So to pile on: This stuff is awesome.

Winedavid39 wrote:some interesting stats:

* 60+ percent buying max (2)
* 0% first time wooters so far.

this one is worth spreading the word about. calling all foodies..!

Since it seems you guys imported an entire container load this year, why didn't you let us buy three?

(Had to find some way to b*tch about the Vinegar!)

PoAng

quality posts: 4 Private Messages PoAng

Sure enough...I went home to check my Balsamic for fruit flies. Half dozen of those buggers floating in there. Really!?

PoAng

quality posts: 4 Private Messages PoAng
pentiumjen wrote:Some people, let's say, might open a 2nd woot account and use a different payment method in that type of circumstance.

Or 3rd

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom
guzmantis wrote:I was really hoping we'd see the olio nuovo today, but I suppose this is just as good. Hopefully it'll make an appearance soon!

This.

SuperNinja

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja
North316 wrote:I hate being nit-picky, but I do it anyway. This is not a compote. A compote requires the fruit to be cooked or stewed. this is more of a maceration, but even that would not be the correct term because balsamic is not alcohol.

Here is an excellent video on maceration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R7eqMug-wo

CasaDeCase

quality posts: 14 Private Messages CasaDeCase
InFrom wrote:This.

Don't get disappointed.....

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom
CasaDeCase wrote:Don't get disappointed.....

Something tells me I won't.

Scratch that, I mean, someone told me I won't.

talon4x4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages talon4x4

Ornaments Make Festive Garland...its 10:45pm and I can't believe this isn't sold out. It was sold out last time I saw it. Thank god it didn't happen to me again. This is my first time trying it and I absolutely cannot wait after reading thru 5 pages of reviews!! Better get the vanilla bean ice cream made before this arrives!!

spammie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages spammie

Oh! Oh!! So excited! My memory of the last time I had this vinegar & the olio nuovo together is so great that it completely overshadows the fact that I broke my arm that night. Seriously, it's that good.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
panthiest wrote:Does anyone know somewhere I could sample this? Either any restaurants in the NJ/NYC/philly/atlanta areas that use it or a place I can buy a very small bottle?

I know I won't get to taste it in time for this offer, but this seems to come up fairly often so if I like it I could get it next time.

Just can't bring myself to spend the money without trying it first.

I live in NYC. This is the 1st time I have bought this. Anyway, if you're in the city, let me know (send PM) and we'll have some wine and the balsamic on something.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

Lenkeit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lenkeit

The Cavedoni Botte Piccola Italian Balsamic is why you get everyone in your family to create their own Woot account, and then you have each of them order the limit.

Yes, it's THAT good.

Buy some of the CasaDeCase Olio Nuovo. Pour some into a small saucer. Add several generous dashes of the Cavedoni Botte Piccola Italian Balsamic. Serve with small chunks of rosemary bread (to dip into the oil/balsamic) and slices of theVella Cheese Co. Dry Monterey Jack Cheese.

We live on that nice little snack. -)

We can cellar 545 bottles here at home. This means we must quickly consume the other 436 bottles on hand...

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
talon4x4 wrote:Ornaments Make Festive Garland...its 10:45pm and I can't believe this isn't sold out. It was sold out last time I saw it. Thank god it didn't happen to me again. This is my first time trying it and I absolutely cannot wait after reading thru 5 pages of reviews!! Better get the vanilla bean ice cream made before this arrives!!

I can guarantee you god had nothing to do with it. WD probably had to buy a huge lot for one reason or another. I mean when was the last time WW sent an email out telling you to go buy the daily deal because it will sell out quickly..

So if you want to thank anyone, it's probably WD you should thank.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

flowerchild59

quality posts: 24 Private Messages flowerchild59

I made tiramisu last weekend and we enjoyed a drizzle of our beloved balsalmic on top. Yes it was amazing.

On the keyboard of life always keep one finger on the escape key.

Lenkeit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lenkeit

Just sent you a private message. Well, it's a question....

We can cellar 545 bottles here at home. This means we must quickly consume the other 436 bottles on hand...

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27

In for 2!

I tried to resist buying this since I still have 1/4 bottle at home. Oh well, I guess I can be more generous with the remainder of my bottle now!

computiac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages computiac

How is this on Pizza ?

Thank's,

COMPUTIAC

kylemittskus

computiac wrote:How is this on Pizza ?

This isn't bitter; it's got an acidic bite, but it's on the sweet side = probably not so good.

computiac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages computiac
kylemittskus wrote:This isn't bitter; it's got an acidic bite, but it's on the sweet side = probably not so good.

I thought maybe use this instead of VOO with fresh garlic and basil ?

Thank's,

COMPUTIAC

kylemittskus

computiac wrote:I thought maybe use this instead of VOO with fresh garlic and basil ?

Ah. Then I'd say absolutely.

Kiashien

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Kiashien
computiac wrote:I thought maybe use this instead of VOO with fresh garlic and basil ?

I'd say make it just like you would with garlic, basil, and VOO and use giant chunks of fresh mozzarella. When it's done cooking, take it out, and drizzle the balsamic over it in a wavy pattern. Let rest, covered for a minute or two to let the balsamic heat up and mingle a bit, and I'd bet it would be practically cocaine at that point.

Fresh tomatoes wouldn't go wrong too.