sbrady22

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sbrady22

This is about the 3rd time I have bought this Balsamic Vinegar and I bought the max every time. This time I am deployed to Afghanistan, but come home in February and really looking forward to opening this order then. Awesome stuff at a great price.

leebeemi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages leebeemi

I will give one bottle to my daughter for her 8th birthday, and I can guarantee she will regard it her favorite gift, even over the 3DS. She said this balsamic is why bread was invented. She's right.

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick

Is there anyone who has actually purchased and tried this product that has been disappointed with it? I ask because, the only even remotely negative comments seem to come from people who seemingly have never tried it.
Also, is there a nutrition label? Can anyone help out with that?
(I'm trying to convince the other half to try this, but the price point is not helping my cause.)

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
Merlynxlii wrote:
For the compote: I cut the strayberries into 1/4th wedges after removing the ends, then drizzled some of this balsamic over them, very gently tossed to coat and let sit for ~10 minutes or so.

I hate being nit-picky, but I do it anyway. This is not a compote. A compote requires the fruit to be cooked or stewed. this is more of a maceration, but even that would not be the correct term because balsamic is not alcohol.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
thumperchick wrote:Is there anyone who has actually purchased and tried this product that has been disappointed with it? I ask because, the only even remotely negative comments seem to come from people who seemingly have never tried it.
Also, is there a nutrition label? Can anyone help out with that?
(I'm trying to convince the other half to try this, but the price point is not helping my cause.)

I am looking at my bottle now.. here is the label readings:

Serving size: 1 Tbsp
Servings Per About 33

Calories: 19
Trans Fat 0%
Total fat 0g
Sat Fat 0g
Sodium 2mg
Tot Carbs 5g
Sugar 5g
Protein 0g

Hope that helps

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

autoshoes

quality posts: 3 Private Messages autoshoes

I like to pour this on my yogurt in the mornings and it's oh so good. Went for one last time and it's nearing it's bottom - yup, in for 2 this time.

JanFP

quality posts: 11 Private Messages JanFP

The only complaint I can make - I can only get two bottles. Dang!

Too much wine, too many beer-drinking friends

texacaliali

quality posts: 136 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

favorite use: drizzled over goat-cheese, side of rosemary crackers.

best use: drizzled on salad. I honestly hate salad.

I use this Balsamic several times a week. It's a game changer for any cook, foodie, eater...person who enjoys nice things.

WineDavid was my Boss!

North316

JanFP wrote:The only complaint I can make - I can only get two bottles. Dang!

......per account/shipping address....

My CT

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick
bkarlan wrote:I am looking at my bottle now.. here is the label readings:*snip*
Hope that helps

It did! Thanks.

I got the other half as far as, "if you really want to..." - So I ordered a bottle with my jumbowoot coupon, before he changed his mind. Now I can't wait to try this stuff!

luisifer777

quality posts: 4 Private Messages luisifer777

By the way i got two more of this, because amazing.
I don't care if people complains about the quality and not being real balsamic because is less than 12 yr old, also you have to understand you can not get real balsamic or better quality at a cheaper price than this, none of those oil stores that sell the vinegar that they bottle from a stainless steel container have the real stuff.

mykexyz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mykexyz

In for 2!

Every review I've seen of this stuff is pretty positive, certainly worth a try. Also figure it will make a great gift as this is the kind of thing a lot of people like indulging in, but have issues with spending the money on. As a gift, they can have all the pleasure and none of the guilt

guzmantis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages guzmantis

I was really hoping we'd see the olio nuovo today, but I suppose this is just as good. Hopefully it'll make an appearance soon!

slappywhite2001

quality posts: 4 Private Messages slappywhite2001

My semi-retired foodie dad will love this gift for Christmas, maybe! If he doesn't, then I will graciously offer to take it back for myself. It's a no-lose situation!

I do enjoy a good grilled cheese sandwich.

elemental00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elemental00

well i am going to see what all the fuss is about...in for 2

UncleFroG

quality posts: 3 Private Messages UncleFroG

Couldn't resist this time. I bought a bottle from the 12/2/08 offering and fell in love.

It's been gone far too long, time to indulge again.

12 Bags of Crap and counting!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

I bought this stuff last year. I was slightly skeptical, but I thought hey, maybe I'll get two, give my foodie friend the second one since everyone goes on about how nice the package is and what a good gift it makes.

(The foodie friend got something else instead after I cracked open the first bottle. It's not that I couldn't share, I just didn't want to.)

I think that tells you what you need to know.

I'm just hanging out, really.

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen
bookofjoshua wrote:No, no, there's a beer for that The actual Grail

"With more hops than a killer rabbit"

Nice

chipgreen

nancyjorgensen wrote:It might be good, but I get 18 yr. old true italian balsamico from a local olive oil store for $25/500ml. I'm outta here.

Enjoy your counterfeit balsamic!

Cyradia

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Cyradia

I'm another old wooter auto-buying the max of this stuff. I really enjoy it.

You know what else really enjoys this stuff? Fruit flies. You do not know heartache until you have to toss a bottle because you notice a ton of fruit fly carcasses wasting away in your beloved vinegar.

Don't allow this tragedy to happen to you...cover that spout.

chipgreen

Winedavid39 wrote:"Bad use". That term is hitting my funny bone. What are some ideas for bad use for this balsamic?

Botte Piccola on Captain Crunch? Nope, i'd eat it..

This stuff would turn Kibbles 'n' Bits into a gourmet meal.
Perhaps the only bad use is to not use it at all.

Kiashien

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Kiashien

Edit: Fixed some wording on the balsamic to match Casa de Case's explanation. I knew what I meant was the same as what they were saying, but I guess it was unclear.

Also changed it from half the price to quarter the price, since based on Casa de Case, that's more accurate.

I rarely post, but I had to for this.

This Balsamic is amazing. If you're comparing it to a grocery store, don't because they're literally different products. You will never use this like you would a normal vinegar in cooking- maybe in a reduction.

If you manage to get some Olio Nuovo, either from here or directly from Casa de Case, it makes literally the most delicious salad dressing ever- just mix with the Olio Nuovo in a 3:1 ratio (oil:vinegar) and it'll be unbelievable. I sometimes use less oil, because I absolutely love this Balsamic.

"The short answer is that Cavedoni Botte Piccola is not a tradizionale classified balsamic"

The people saying it isn't as good as true Balsamic probably mean tradizionale classified, as this is still balsamic. They are correct in that- and Casa de Case says so themselves on their website.

However, as pointed out, this is about a quarter the price of that kind of balsamic, and the 5-dollar shipping instead of paying for air-freight from Italy is pretty special. Seriously, anyone who has ever tasted it is buying two, right now, without pausing. You want this, and if you don't get it because it sells out, you should even go to the Casa de Case website and order it anyway at whatever they are charging, because everyone ever should taste this.

Casa de Case rarely posts in these threads and offers their more aged, awesome super-balsamic that supposedly is better than this, as a side note. It's always super-limited supply (like 3-10) and sells out nigh-instantaneously.

It really is good on strawberries- but my favorite use is in a strawberry-and-baby-spinach (and other things) salad, as the dressing I noted above. It's just unbelievably good.

Final note: If you made it to this, and didn't buy it yet, go and buy it. You won't find anyone who actually ordered it saying anything bad other than "It's a little too rich in flavor for me" and to find those you'll have to dig through 100+ posts like this one, raving that this is unbelievable.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
chipgreen wrote:Enjoy your counterfeit balsamic!

Hahahaha!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

uberpingu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uberpingu

I always debate buying this because the reviews are so good but the price is a little steep...this time I finally caved. Now I just have to decide if I'm going to give them both as gifts or keep one of them for myself :-/

Mithoron

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mithoron

I couldn't hit the "BUY" button fast enough! Have bought this previously and it has been FANTASTIC.

The first time bought 2 and gave one as a gift. Now I'm really considering keeping both, although the person I gave the first to has been bugging for more, LOL!

The weirdness of comments about ice cream...they are true! Definitely adds a zing to it...as long as you get the idea of adding vinegar to your ice cream out of your head, LOL

mawy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mawy
Cyradia wrote:I'm another old wooter auto-buying the max of this stuff. I really enjoy it.

You know what else really enjoys this stuff? Fruit flies. You do not know heartache until you have to toss a bottle because you notice a ton of fruit fly carcasses wasting away in your beloved vinegar.

HA! I thought I was the only one being obsessive and covering mine with plastic wrap and a rubberband... Not attractive and does no justice to the bottle, but if I were to get bugs of any sort in mine I would probably scream so loud the neighbors would run over fully armed thinking I had just been attacked...

true559

quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559

Finally, something worth buying on Thursday. Missed out last time. So much better than bacon paste or black pasta. Easy buy.

thedevin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thedevin

This stuff is incredible. I bought it several years ago and actually still have a little of it left. It is super concentrated so you can use it in tiny amounts and get big flavor out of it. I make a balsamic chicken with it where instead of the 1/3 cup the recipe calls for I use 1 tbsp and some extra chicken broth... AMAZING!

North316

Cyradia wrote:I'm another old wooter auto-buying the max of this stuff. I really enjoy it.

I just take the spout off and rinse it after each use, then re-cork the bottle with the original rubber stopper.

My CT

mawy

I have to admit, I will not be buying this nectar of the gods this time. I love it, but I have an unprecedented 3 bottles stashed at home (they were christmas gifts last year that I decided would be wasted on the recipients so I bought a $6 bottle from the grocery store for them instead... I know you all won't judge me considering this product and how many other people have done the same thing, but just in case you do, please know that I did have a coupon for the grocery store ones... ;) ).

Our fave use for this, as yummy as the icecream etc ideas are, is with good olive oil and seasonings for a bread dip, and drizzled over leafy greens sauteed with garlic. I have had a friend actually drink it straight from the bottle, which almost gave me a heart attack, but it was hers to do with as she wished...

mawy

North316 wrote:I just take the spout off and rinse it after each use, then re-cork the bottle with the original rubber stopper.

I considered that, but the thought of rinsing any of it down the drain makes my right eye twitch...

atom842

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atom842

Is it vegan?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
atom842 wrote:Is it vegan?

Should be. I can't imagine what animal product would be used in it.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

spammie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages spammie
Cyradia wrote:. . .

This stuff is so good, I'd probably try to strain it & use it anyway. In for the max.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mawy wrote:I have to admit, I will not be buying this nectar of the gods this time. I love it, but I have an unprecedented 3 bottles stashed at home (they were christmas gifts last year that I decided would be wasted on the recipients so I bought a $6 bottle from the grocery store for them instead... I know you all won't judge me considering this product and how many other people have done the same thing, but just in case you do, please know that I did have a coupon for the grocery store ones... ;) ).

True Confessions Thursdays, now on wine.woot! (Your secret is safe, well as long as they don't read wine.woot.)

I'm just hanging out, really.

Leshrac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Leshrac
mawy wrote:I considered that, but the thought of rinsing any of it down the drain makes my right eye twitch...

Pro tip: Just drill a small hole the size of the spout partway into the original cork and then use the cork to cover the spout. Works like a charm.

mawy

Leshrac wrote:Pro tip: Just drill a small hole the size of the spout partway into the original cork and then use the cork to cover the spout. Works like a charm.

You are my new hero. Are you sure you aren't Alton Brown in disguise? I would've expected that kind of maneuver from a Good Eats episode.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
bkarlan wrote:I am looking at my bottle now.. here is the label readings:

Serving size: 1 Tbsp
Servings Per About 33

Calories: 19
Trans Fat 0%
Total fat 0g
Sat Fat 0g
Sodium 2mg
Tot Carbs 5g
Sugar 5g
Protein 0g

Hope that helps

THANK YOU!! WD should hire you so we get this basic information for EVERY food item sold.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

aderyn

quality posts: 10 Private Messages aderyn

Favorite fast lunch: Half an avocado, fill the pit cavity with canned tuna (high-quality tuna is good, but even the cheapest stuff will taste great like this), drizzle the whole thing generously with this balsamic, eat and smile with every bite.

McMalbec

quality posts: 8 Private Messages McMalbec

Was pleased with my first order. In for a pair.