kaleidos

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kaleidos
Symbolic2007 wrote:Never touching Sextant again. I purchased the following deal some months ago:
http://wine.woot.com/offers/sextant-central-coast-zinfandel

There wasn't "sediment" from the wine. Rather the corks were all rotted about a quarter away and pieces were floating in the wine. The wine itself tasted like vinegar. ALL 6 bottles were this way. I opened one or two within the first month of receiving the shipment. After the third was the same way, I poured out the rest and confirmed the inevitable.

Maybe if it had been one bottle, I could excuse it, but something went horribly wrong during their bottling of that batch and I really just can't trust shelling out that kind of money again.

Symbolic2007, This is Steve Martell, the Winemaker at Sextant. Occasionally there will be a bottle that has a bad cork but this usually happens in less than 1% of wines we produce. For all six of your bottles to have bad corks it absolutely sounds like something happened to your shipment during transport or storage. As long as a wine does not get heated up during shipping and it is stored in a cool dark place with wine touching the cork then it should be a very rare occurrence that a cork will be bad and even rarer that a cork will be rotted especially in this young of a wine. Please let us know what we can do to make your Woot and Sextant Wines experience a good one. Cheers.

chipgreen

quality posts: 189 Private Messages chipgreen

I'm still sitting on 4 of the '09 Sextant Cabs or I'd probably be in on this deal.

My experience with the '09 Cab and '10 Viognier has been positive. Both provided very good QPR. I've not tried any of their Zin but I wouldn't hesitate to order Sextant wines again in the future.

Big thanks to Ashlie and Steve for their participation.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

chipgreen wrote:

+1

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

Winedavid39

quality posts: 201 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

what's that? you want a clue for the offer coming up tonight?

MODENA....................

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
Winedavid39 wrote:what's that? you want a clue for the offer coming up tonight?

MODENA ....................

Oh, the good ol' days of clue guessing.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

deckerbrian

quality posts: 16 Private Messages deckerbrian

I also bought the Wheelhouse Zin recently. It's very good. Not GREAT, but very good. Love me some sediment too.

I have to say I'm unimpressed with the comments here today. Why be rude about problems. Woot has always resolved shipping problems or erroneous shipments for me. Just ask nicely and be honest and complete with your issue. If you have less than stellar reviews of a wine, that's fine. There is still a way to say you don't like a wine without insulting anyone.

Happy wooting.

Cesare

quality posts: 1625 Private Messages Cesare

Yay balsamic

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
Cesare wrote:Yay balsamic

I'm in!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
tytiger58 wrote:I'm in!

I probably am, too. :/

Gift week isn't starting yet, is it?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
chipgreen wrote:I'm still sitting on 4 of the '09 Sextant Cabs or I'd probably be in on this deal.

My experience with the '09 Cab and '10 Viognier has been positive. Both provided very good QPR. I've not tried any of their Zin but I wouldn't hesitate to order Sextant wines again in the future.

And I've got 15 assorted bottles in the cellar. Looks like I need to drink faster.

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
Winedavid39 wrote:what's that? you want a clue for the offer coming up tonight?

MODENA....................

Did you just say Balsamic?
As in Cavedoni?
Tomorrow is foodie Thursday.

I can now quit hoarding and enjoy what's left!

CT