MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
North316 wrote:No, you can't get a case of balsamic for your wedding.

Question answered.

Edit: Me!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:On-line.

Every time I've been there, they don't have a lot. And Cat seems to want most of what I can get.

Also, 50% off all thru Dec. 16th.

Seems I opened Pandora's Box with what I thought was an innocent comment..

CT

MarkDaSpark

trifecta wrote:That stuff is ridiculous. Their PS port is awesome too. Good thing I have many bottles of both!

Ditto. It was fun in Feb after D&D, wasn't it?

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

What is bottle size of Concannon PS Port? Looks like 375, and price would be consistent. But I could not find reference on line.

PS Chocolate Sauce and PS Port look like an order for me.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22

MarkDaSpark wrote:On-line.

Every time I've been there, they don't have a lot. And Cat seems to want most of what I can get.

Also, 50% off all thru Dec. 16th.

Thanks. Oh, and 50% off is on shipping, not the wine.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:What is bottle size of Concannon PS Port? Looks like 375, and price would be consistent. But I could not find reference on line.

Should be 375ml for Choc, 500ml for Port.

I thought the 50% off was too good for everything. But not bad for shipping!

Edit: They redid the page ... and the 50% off Shipping is more prominent. Maybe because it indicated 50% off on more than shipping?

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
polarbear22 wrote:What is bottle size of Concannon PS Port? Looks like 375, and price would be consistent. But I could not find reference on line.

Just checked my stash. My port bottles are 500mL and the chocolate is 375.

polarbear22

trifecta wrote:Just checked my stash. My port bottles are 500mL and the chocolate is 375.

Thanks for looking. That showed up when I went through to check shipping. They ship seperate by size. So even at half off, the shipping on mixed sizes was way too much. About $25-30 for two bottles on either size. So over $20 shipping if I mix bottles.

My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:Thanks for looking. That showed up when I went through to check shipping. They ship seperate by size. So even at half off, the shipping on mixed sizes was way too much. About $25-30 for two bottles on either size. So over $20 shipping if I mix bottles.

You could always ship to my wine locker ...

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta

I am most likely headed out there this weekend to pick up my fall shipment. I can get you a couple, but don't know when/how we would Wootleg.

Sparky - is you concannon shipped or do you pick up during D&D weekend?

MarkDaSpark

trifecta wrote:I am most likely headed out there this weekend to pick up my fall shipment. I can get you a couple, but don't know when/how we would Wootleg.

I normally have it shipped directly to my locker, but will probably try to pick up my Spring shipment that Monday after D&D.

Edit: And worst case, I could probably take it back to him (or to ddeuddeg/bahwm) in August. Assuming I'm done washing my hair.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
trifecta wrote:I am most likely headed out there this weekend to pick up my fall shipment. I can get you a couple, but don't know when/how we would Wootleg.

I bet you can ship them to PB cheaper than $20.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
bhodilee wrote:one of our directors and some friends got drunk each pitched a hundred bucks and bought tickets. They ended up with 2500 bucks total. I doubt there is a spreadsheet. They didn't win the jackpot but who knows what else they may have won.

I scrolled through too fast and thought this said "one of our dictators"...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610
cheron98 wrote:Just in case your wallets aren't already screaming...

So is this where we ask you nicely if we can order through you? or do wooters get some sort of access as well?

kylemittskus

tiger7610 wrote:So is this where we ask you nicely if we can order through you? or do wooters get some sort of access as well?

Click the link and buy away!

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:I normally have it shipped directly to my locker, but will probably try to pick up my Spring shipment that Monday after D&D.

Edit: And worst case, I could probably take it back to him (or to ddeuddeg/bahwm) in August. Assuming I'm done washing my hair.

Just scanning quickly. Work has been taking up too much of my time! Damn assessments. But, I felt a ringing in my ears. . . "take it back to him (or to ddeuddeg/bahwm) in August". Planning a trip out here are we?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Just scanning quickly. Work has been taking up too much of my time! Damn assessments. But, I felt a ringing in my ears. . . "take it back to him (or to ddeuddeg/bahwm) in August". Planning a trip out here are we?

Well, I seem to recall some event in early August. But I might be busy drying my hair still then.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
tiger7610 wrote:So is this where we ask you nicely if we can order through you? or do wooters get some sort of access as well?

Just click and buy. You don't need to order through me.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
cheron98 wrote:Just click and buy. You don't need to order through me.

Any idea if you order a case, if all the bottles will be different?

MarkDaSpark

Concannon PS Choc Sauce & Ports ordered. Wine Club membership FTW!!!

Sadly, Spring shipment isn't until April or so, so I'll just have to settle for my normal case-buying spree there in February after D&D.

Edit: Once I get the locker organized, I will have to hold a PS Port tasting.

tiger7610

cheron98 wrote:Just click and buy. You don't need to order through me.

How long will this last? Also I will be going out of Ithaca in about 3 weeks so I would either need to hold my shipment or get it before then.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Is WD trying harder than normal to bankrupt us this week?

Vino Nocetto, balsamico, KR PS, upcoming woot cellars, and now the gift week plus shop with decanters, salami, olio, MORE balsamic, MORE KR, chocolates...... What's in store for sat/sun? Juslyn and Corison?

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
cmaldoon wrote:Is WD trying harder than normal to bankrupt us this week?

Vino Nocetto, balsamico, KR PS, upcoming woot cellars, and now the gift week plus shop with decanters, salami, olio, MORE balsamic, MORE KR, chocolates...... What's in store for sat/sun? Juslyn and Corison?

That's what I would like to know. In the past 8 days I have 12 woot orders (not all wine) totalling $621. Only one $17 order is a gift.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
MarkDaSpark wrote:Maybe. With 855 Woots, it's hard to remember all of them. I may have it, but haven't opened it (or gave it away as an Xmas gift).

Have a vague recollection of you grabbing a bottle at after party.

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

And did you see the sales stats from yesterday..?

Order Pace (rank):
Top 11% of Wine Woots
Top 28% of all Woots

Woots Sold (rank):
Top 0% of Wine Woots
Top 3% of all Woots

WD must have gotten an entire container this year.

CT

tiger7610

I think its all of us Occuping woot last year in protest of not getting our balsamic

kylemittskus

Yeah... this week sucks. And I can't buy anything, although I did buy the balsamic. SWMBO was pissed!

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
kylemittskus wrote:Yeah... this week sucks. And I can't buy anything, although I did buy the balsamic. SWMBO was pissed!

Just tell her it's for the baby.

cortot20

quality posts: 142 Private Messages cortot20
kylemittskus wrote:Yeah... this week sucks. And I can't buy anything, although I did buy the balsamic. SWMBO was pissed!

I bought the balsamic for my mom as a Xmas gift and figured she would make something I could try it on.

CT

NonnaWY

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NonnaWY

What a sucky day for our state. The attack at the community college was about 3 hrs north of us, but I know a lot of people who live in Casper.

I will drink no wine before it's time. What time is it, anyway?

Here's to the corkscrew - a useful key to unlock the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman

And here I was trying to not spend more money until the new year. Then Cat comes with her Twisted News. Sigh.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

SoCal people...head over to the gathering thread and let me know if you can come! We need just a couple more confirmed people before making the gathering finally official. Kyle, merbill, time2testit, java...looking in your direction!

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tiger7610

klezman wrote:And here I was trying to not spend more money until the new year. Then Cat comes with her Twisted News. Sigh.

Any ideas on when they might ship? I'm still on the fence, since i really do not need more wine right now.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
klezman wrote:SoCal people...head over to the gathering thread and let me know if you can come! We need just a couple more confirmed people before making the gathering finally official. Kyle, merbill, time2testit, java...looking in your direction!

What twisted news? What did I miss while i don't have a laptop and working 12 hour days???

klezman

CAGrl wrote:What twisted news? What did I miss while i don't have a laptop and working 12 hour days???

Given your difficulties in finding a good job, I'm not going to feel too sorry for you

http://twistedoak.com/bags

polarbear22

klezman wrote:Given your difficulties in finding a good job, I'm not going to feel too sorry for you

http://twistedoak.com/bags

Damn. Looks like a good deal. Have never tried Twisted Oak, since they don't ship here. Is this worth wootlegging?

My Cellar

cortot20

quality posts: 142 Private Messages cortot20
tiger7610 wrote:Any ideas on when they might ship? I'm still on the fence, since i really do not need more wine right now.

the order receipt says it will ship the next available shipping day, which in my case means monday. I thought the offer was too interesting to pass up. especially with the free shipping.

CT

klezman

polarbear22 wrote:Damn. Looks like a good deal. Have never tried Twisted Oak, since they don't ship here. Is this worth wootlegging?

If you like El Jefe's wines, absolutely. I love the Mourvedre based wines and the Tempranillo and Spaniard. The Grenache isn't a slouch either.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
polarbear22 wrote:Damn. Looks like a good deal. Have never tried Twisted Oak, since they don't ship here. Is this worth wootlegging?

I found the couple wines I had a little thin...Can't remember the wines, however. He does seem to be a favorite, however.

And, he seems to be an interesting guy who I'd like to meet and tour his winery.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir