$99.99 (Normally $166.00) 40% off List Price
2010 Syrah
2010 Merlot
2011 Pinot Noir

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rtovar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rtovar

I ordered cases of this when deliveries were still being made to VA. They were all TERRIBLE. If you like gummy wine? buy this. I'm still not sure if my cases rotted in the fedx holding barn or not...but what I do know is that I've given away all of the bottles. Sad but true.

cortot20

quality posts: 159 Private Messages cortot20
rtovar wrote:I ordered cases of this when deliveries were still being made to VA. They were all TERRIBLE. If you like gummy wine? buy this. I'm still not sure if my cases rotted in the fedx holding barn or not...but what I do know is that I've given away all of the bottles. Sad but true.

These are most likely different wines. The last mixed case was a zin, cab and petite sirah. This offer is Syrah, merlot, and PN.

That said the previous mixed case got mixed reviews. I found the cab and PS to be good at the $8 price point but found the zin. To be undrinkable. And I typically like zin.

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of November 25th.

December
12/8: SoCal #23: Housewarming at Chez Klez(man) (West LA/Culver City)
TBD: NYC Tasting #21: A Tribute (interest thread)

January 2013
1/19: Austin #1
1/26 - 1/27: Buffalo/WNY #10: Ice Wine Festival (Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada)

February 2013
2/22: 2013 Dark & Delicious (Alameda, CA)
2/23 - 2/25: 2013 D&D Napa/Sonoma Weekend

Pending
TBD: NorCal: Volcanic Terroir and/or Eastern European Finds
TBD: NorCal: Wheelbarrow o' Wine
TBD: Dallas #11
TBD: Arizona Verde Valley Winery Weekend

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 212 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

rtovar wrote:I ordered cases of this when deliveries were still being made to VA. They were all TERRIBLE. If you like gummy wine? buy this. I'm still not sure if my cases rotted in the fedx holding barn or not...but what I do know is that I've given away all of the bottles. Sad but true.

very sorry to hear that. the last case offer was one of the best sellers ever on woot. Hahn has been a trusted source for years now. i'll bet we get more input. you may have actually gotten a bad set (exposed) i hope you will contact support@woot.com if you come to this conclusion.

thanks.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

How Good is this Deal?

Only 19% for one Woot, since if you buy 12+ bottles, you get two day shipping for free and a 10% discount on the wines (normally $12) on the winery's website (not sure if seasonal for just for this weekend).

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

threemoons

quality posts: 18 Private Messages threemoons

I've always liked everything by the Cycles line; money is tight but as the holidays are coming up thinking of one...

Chargerrt500

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Chargerrt500

We liked them all, considering the price. We liked the Cab and the PS better than the Zin.

I would love to buy this again, but still no Virginia shipping.

I have had to resort to purchasing retail.

Will Woot ever ship to Virginia again?

dawnmaria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnmaria
Chargerrt500 wrote:We liked them all, considering the price. We liked the Cab and the PS better than the Zin.

I would love to buy this again, but still no Virginia shipping.

I have had to resort to purchasing retail.

Will Woot ever ship to Virginia again?

I ordered this the last time it came it up a few weeks ago and I am in Virginia. How did I get it last time? Why is it on the list that I can't get it this time?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dawnmaria wrote:I ordered this the last time it came it up a few weeks ago and I am in Virginia. How did I get it last time? Why is it on the list that I can't get it this time?

Go to this thread. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

choppercharles

quality posts: 4 Private Messages choppercharles

I *really* like the cab, and the syrah is drinkable, but I don't like anything else. I'm not a fan of merlots, zins, or anything else really. I do love the cab, but I'd want a case of just the cab.

Charles.

schaeferr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages schaeferr
Winedavid39 wrote:very sorry to hear that. the last case offer was one of the best sellers ever on woot. Hahn has been a trusted source for years now. i'll bet we get more input. you may have actually gotten a bad set (exposed) i hope you will contact support@woot.com if you come to this conclusion.

thanks.

WD's right: you probably got a cooked set. You may also have just tried them too early after shipping. I know my wife and I got these and the first one we opened (a Zin) was in total bottle shock. We gave it another couple of weeks and it tasted completely different.

I agree with the other poster: the Cab and the PS were the highlights. In fact, I found the PS to be an absolutely dynamite win for the price.

As for this offering, I have no experience with these wines, but have found the other Cycles Gladiator wines to be a great value at ~$8/bottle.

lgreen515

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lgreen515
schaeferr wrote:WD's right: you probably got a cooked set. You may also have just tried them too early after shipping. I know my wife and I got these and the first one we opened (a Zin) was in total bottle shock. We gave it another couple of weeks and it tasted completely different.

I agree with the other poster: the Cab and the PS were the highlights. In fact, I found the PS to be an absolutely dynamite win for the price.

As for this offering, I have no experience with these wines, but have found the other Cycles Gladiator wines to be a great value at ~$8/bottle.

I didn't like either the Cab or the Zin, but I did like the PS. But I have not heard about how a shipment gets "cooked." Please explain.

I would not buy more wine from this producer.

schaeferr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages schaeferr
lgreen515 wrote:I didn't like either the Cab or the Zin, but I did like the PS. But I have not heard about how a shipment gets "cooked." Please explain.

I would not buy more wine from this producer.

When wine is shipped, if a box gets left in a high-heat area, it'll "cook" the wine. The wine will have dull (or worse) flavors and aromas. I have also heard that the wine will turn a sort of brownish color. Others may have more information about that--I have never had it happen to me personally (but I'm still relatively new to the wine shipping game).

krobart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krobart

Just had the Petite Syrah from last offer this weekend and liked it. Also, had the Cab and liked that one too. I'm in for the new offer with the new varities, especially at this bargain price.

true559

quality posts: 25 Private Messages true559

In my opinion these wines are not overwhelming but are well worth $8 and change. Nothing I can buy locally in this price range is nearly as good and these are delivered to my door. In for one.

lurkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lurkey

Got the Cycles mixed case last time. Would not buy again.

I've never seen such teeth staining wine. That is what bothers me the absolute most about it. Our mouths are purple by the end of one glass. No thank you.

ETA: Looks like the teeth staining could be a result of adding Mega Purple to wine, however I don't know if Cycles Gladiator uses that additive.

Chargerrt500

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Chargerrt500

Would the winery be willing to offer this price direct from the winery to the Virginia residents?

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
lurkey wrote:Got the Cycles mixed case last time. Would not buy again.

I've never seen such teeth staining wine. That is what bothers me the absolute most about it. Our mouths are purple by the end of one glass. No thank you.

ETA: Looks like the teeth staining could be a result of adding Mega Purple to wine, however I don't know if Cycles Gladiator uses that additive.

This happens with a lot of wine, especially Petite Sirah, if that was one you tried. We get that a lot with varying wines, including a very nice cab we just had from Peter Wellington, whom I know does NOT use mega purple.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

noslensj

quality posts: 44 Private Messages noslensj
lurkey wrote:Got the Cycles mixed case last time. Would not buy again.

teeth-staining is one of the traits of a good PS.

lurkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lurkey
North316 wrote:This happens with a lot of wine, especially Petite Sirah, if that was one you tried. We get that a lot with varying wines, including a very nice cab we just had from Peter Wellington, whom I know does NOT use mega purple.

Unfortunately I have tried each one (Cab, PS, and the Zin) and each has resulted in a purple mouth. This is serious teeth staining, not just a little purpley-red.

But like I said I don't know the reason, just speculating! It could totally just be techniques/grapes etc.

duanie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duanie

Why am I being denied this? I'm certainly old enough seeing as how I am 58 years old. I also have a regular address to ship it to in Washington. What is the problem? I really wanted this to stock up my friend's wine cabinet.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 212 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

duanie wrote:Why am I being denied this? I'm certainly old enough seeing as how I am 58 years old. I also have a regular address to ship it to in Washington. What is the problem? I really wanted this to stock up my friend's wine cabinet.

you should be able to. what's the problem?

duanie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duanie
Winedavid39 wrote:you should be able to. what's the problem?

That's what I'd like to know. I've tried it a few times and keep getting denied. The address that I put in for delivery is even a business address as recommmended.

LoungeLizard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LoungeLizard

I also got the last mixed case and we can barely finish it. I haven't taken notes but they just weren't for us.

gemeinschaft79

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gemeinschaft79

I am surprised at all of the negative comments on the Cycles Gladiator wines. I purchased the last case Woot offered, and they arrived cool and tasty. I wouldn't call them top tier wines, but they are definitely good every day drinkers. They are tight upon opening, but if you aerate them or let them breathe for an hour, they tend to be jammy and velvety with a long finish. I can't buy a CG wine at the store (or any comparable bottles) for $8.75. I'm lucky to find a comparable bottle for $10. So as far as I am concerned, this is a good deal just in time for heavy holiday drinking. I am in for one!

@awriteword

My Cellar

My Blog

losthighwayz

quality posts: 61 Private Messages losthighwayz

I love the Hahn Family customer service and their Copa Del Rey Cab, Banned in Bama, and their Cab Franc. Unfortunately, I cannot vouch for the Zin and Pinot. I recently tried both and found them to be cloying and boring. Not terribly bad VBUT not something I would buy again, even at the $8 price point. i feel that for a few more dollars i can get quality wine that has personality. Thaty being said, I will copntinue to support other Hahn winery offerings.

"The older I get the better I was"

flowerchild59

quality posts: 24 Private Messages flowerchild59

I am a huge Hahn fan and will purchase a set for an everyday wine. My DH isn't as particular as I am and I don't spring for anything over 10 dollars when he is dining. I have always been extremely please with all of the Hahn wines I have tried.

On the keyboard of life always keep one finger on the escape key.

sphervey

quality posts: 39 Private Messages sphervey

I got this the last time and agree that the Zinfandel was sub par. The others were good. I had to pass today because I discovered after drinking my last bottle of Woot purchased Cameron Hughes Lot 224 Syrah (DELICIOUS!!!!) that Cameron Hughes has a 20% off CyberMonday Sale with free shipping on their samplers or a case of wine (6 of the same, unless a sampler). For quality and price point I couldn't resist. Hoping to see more Cameron Hughes offerings here in the future. Expect to see more Cycles Gladiator on Woot down the road so I will just wait for those.

lamcjunk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lamcjunk
sphervey wrote:I got this the last time and agree that the Zinfandel was sub par. The others were good. I had to pass today because I discovered after drinking my last bottle of Woot purchased Cameron Hughes Lot 224 Syrah (DELICIOUS!!!!) that Cameron Hughes has a 20% off CyberMonday Sale with free shipping on their samplers or a case of wine (6 of the same, unless a sampler). For quality and price point I couldn't resist. Hoping to see more Cameron Hughes offerings here in the future. Expect to see more Cycles Gladiator on Woot down the road so I will just wait for those.

Oh....it's all on your shoulders now....i just got a case over there on the CH website. Hope they're good! :-)

sphervey

quality posts: 39 Private Messages sphervey
lamcjunk wrote:Oh....it's all on your shoulders now....i just got a case over there on the CH website. Hope they're good! :-)

Gosh - I didn't think anyone would listen to me!!!! We have been pleased with the quality of their wines - but he does say to let them rest for awhile after they ship. Hope you are happy with the purchase - for the price point there was no comparison in quality today IMHO.

nbirnbaum2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nbirnbaum2

these are good wines from Soledad near Monterey Ca. i would say 89-93 rating personally..... very good for the money...great when you dont want to open a 200 dollar bottle.

I used to live in monterey this is a popular local wine.
I find it funny that they put this up on wood after their advertising/ super hot model left the company.

nathan birnbaum

rjquillin

quality posts: 184 Private Messages rjquillin
North316 wrote:This happens with a lot of wine, especially Petite Sirah, if that was one you tried. We get that a lot with varying wines, including a very nice cab we just had from Peter Wellington, whom I know does NOT use mega purple.

Also, if you oral hygiene isn't great and you have plaque. Purple. Jus' sayin'.

CT

noslensj

cortot20 wrote:

That said the previous mixed case got mixed reviews. I found the cab and PS to be good at the $8 price point but found the zin. To be undrinkable. And I typically like zin.

I haven't tried the cab yet from that order. I had a Pet about a week after receiving, and thought it needed a bit more time to settle down.

I opened my first bottle of zin from that order tonight, prompted by comments such as yours. I figured I should see if it was as bad as some have found it.

It was awful, Terrible. By far the worst bottle of wine I have purchased from wine.woot; nothing is even a close second. Not suitable for cooking. Given the transit time in the sewers in my area, I'm sure the microbes at the local wastewater treatment plant are enjoying it right about now.

Probably corked, but if so judging from the number of people who have had similar comments there must be a lot of bad bottles out there. Maybe there was a whole batch that went bad???

I generally have found the Hahn wines to be excellent, and they are close to an autobuy unless I'm overstocked in that part of my cellar. The zin on that offer, though was a total dud.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

noslensj wrote:I generally have found the Hahn wines to be excellent, and they are close to an autobuy unless I'm overstocked in that part of my cellar. The zin on that offer, though was a total dud.

Ugh, sorry for the icky wine. Be sure to email support@woot.com so they can help you. Include your woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

noslensj

ThunderThighs wrote:Ugh, sorry for the icky wine. Be sure to email support@woot.com so they can help you. Include your woot username and order number for faster service.

I did send in a note. Haven't heard anything.

I opened a second bottle tonight, hoping to be able to say the first bottle was just an anomaly. But the second bottle was just like the first. Struggled through half a glass, then sent the rest of the bottle to swim with the rotifers.