zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

The December issue of Sunset has an article titled "Well-crafted Cabs". Since it's the current issue, the article is not up on their web site, yet. To abide by fair use, I'll just quote the opening sentence:

In The Race of the last decade for higher and higher scores from key wine critics - and for more of our dollars for the most popular red in this country - some top Cabernet Sauvignon makers went off the deep end.

The article also notes that Robert Parker has "handed off the baton for tasting California wines." As a result the author (Sara Schneider) is "seeing more bottles showing some restraint."

Corison is described as "From a wine maker who never strayed from elegant restraint."

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

That should be an interesting read. I've often wondered why her wines don't seem to score better in at least one of the more popular mags (WS), I wonder if this is why. Although, from what I recall, her newer wines certainly had power and grace, but probably not so in your face as other popular cabs.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir