CT links above

Winery website

Previous offers:
4/1/12
5/5/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

sodalite

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sodalite

I got the granache in a past woot! offering, and i really loved it. i'm sorry to say that i did not take notes, but i do remember that it was smooth and well balanced with nice cherry berry flavors.
i recall that we opened the bottle while cooking dinner and had to restrain ourselves from drinking too much so we had some to pair with the food.
very drinkable and very delicious.
not much of a syrah fan, but i bet it's worth it to have a nice bottle on hand to bring somewhere.

and there are cute martians on the cork

Postal1398

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Postal1398

Hm, today is my birthday and this wine sounds delicious...kismet??

chipgreen

quality posts: 178 Private Messages chipgreen

Seems like a good deal. Last time the Grenache was 3 for $45 and the Syrah was 3 for $40 = 6 for $85 vs. today's offer price of $70 (and since those were individual deals there would have been $10 worth of shipping instead of $5).

EDIT: Talked myself into it.
Last Wooter to Woot: chipgreen

true559

quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559

As I have absolutely no experience with Grenache, I'm kind of excited to try this offering. Can anyone offer up some notes on these before I hit the big yellow button ?

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

We recently (Friday night) had the 2008 Martian Ranch Syrah, and it was generally well-liked by our group of wine.wooters. I realize it's not the same as the 20089 that's currently offered here, but the wine was of great quality that we all really enjoyed.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
chipgreen wrote:Seems like a good deal. Last time the Grenache was 3 for $45 and the Syrah was 3 for $40 = 6 for $85 vs. today's offer price of $70 (and since those were individual deals there would have been $10 worth of shipping instead of $5).

EDIT: Talked myself into it.
Last Wooter to Woot: chipgreen

Thought you weren't buying?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz

Ive never had a martian wine though will likely be in, though i shouldnt. However, i am very familiar with santa ynez wineries and i am yet to find a grenache from that ava i did not like. Many wineries make great rhone varietals (especially Curtis) and for 12/bottle i doubt you can go wrong. Santa ynez also churns out awseome syrahs so this seems like a win-win.

"The older I get the better I was"

losthighwayz

Will someone from he winery be jumping in? How about some grenache blanc?

danzigdan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages danzigdan

Bought the Grenache the last time it was offered. The 2009 has a very savory edge to the red berry flavors. If you like GOOD Pinot Noir, Grenache isn't a stretch. I had a premonition that the winery would be offering up again, but was hoping for another vintage. And I just bought a ton of wine last night. Doh! Very tough to pass up. The current vintages are $24 a bottle, BTW

losthighwayz

danzigdan wrote:Bought the Grenache the last time it was offered. The 2009 has a very savory edge to the red berry flavors. If you like GOOD Pinot Noir, Grenache isn't a stretch. I had a premonition that the winery would be offering up again, but was hoping for another vintage. And I just bought a ton of wine last night. Doh! Very tough to pass up. The current vintages are $24 a bottle, BTW

Agree. Grenache is a poor man's "quality" pinot

chipgreen

quality posts: 178 Private Messages chipgreen
North316 wrote:Thought you weren't buying?

Yeah, I guess Christmas shopping got me back into buying mode.