4%
5%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1585 Private Messages Cesare

Candy Basket Salted Peanut Butter Cups, 24oz.
$29.99 (Normally $49.95) 40% off List Price
Salted Peanut Butter Cups, 24 ounces (48 cups)

Website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

clcaruthers

quality posts: 32 Private Messages clcaruthers

I got excited, but then I realized these weren't the salted caramels

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

dfunk29

quality posts: 46 Private Messages dfunk29

Wow! Why can't these be my Thanksgiving dinner!?! Looking good, Mmmmmm!

terribleangel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terribleangel

Oh yummy! Peanut butter cups that are salted?! I know their salted caramels and their salted caramel pecan patties were absolutely delish, so these have to be good as well! Thank you Candy Basket! I look forward to this package on my doorstep! Also I'm sure my dad will love opening these on Christmas!

shortman

quality posts: 40 Private Messages shortman

I had the salted caramels and pecan clusters which I enjoyed very much. I so so so want these, but I've consumed too much already. I'll have to make do with gifting some of these to make a new fan or two.

FredFairOaks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FredFairOaks

Finally, something I don't have to pay California Sales Tax...YEA!!!! Thanks WOOT Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, everywhere....

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Rat Reporting for duty.

I had a feeling we would be seeing this today so I stayed up late (drive to in-laws will be fun in the AM).

I will admit that when I got my golden ticket I was both incredibly excited and a bit disappointed. Excited because it was a golden ticket and an item from a great company; disappointed because it meant that these were being offered and not the salted caramels.

Now on to the report. I was a bit skeptical on whether I would enjoy these or not because, frankly, I love Reeses peanut butter cups, so why spend more for some fancy gourmet ones? Well, the answer is this, these are definitely a different ball-game. The picture does these very good justice. This has a layer of chocolate on the bottom, a layer of peanut butter FUDGE in the middle and another layer of chocolate on the top, along with a nice little sprinkle of that wonderful salt.

The big different here being the use of peanut butter fudge, instead of just a sweetened peanut butter mixture/filling. The fudge was very good, firm but still creamy in texture, very different from a Reeses cup. My wife's comment was that this is more "peanut-buttery than a Reeses", though I don't know if I agree with that statement, it is just a different texture and different taste.

Unfortunately for me, the salt really didn't add much to the equation. It was still delicious, but unlike the caramels, the salt just didn't provide enough contrast to the peanut butter to provide that much of boost in flavor.

These cups individually are about the size of the minature Reeses cups, maybe very slightly bigger. In general these were very good, but not amazing. Worth the price to give them a try, but likely not something I would re-buy often like the caramels. They would however make excellent gifts and I am sure would be appreciated by all. I was actually hoping that these would be offered in smaller packs like I received (just a small 4-pack) and they would have been perfect for party favors or stocking stuffers

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I will be buying some of these in the morning.

EDIT: I just tried another one for the sake of this post, and the fudge really is quite delicious. I would also point out that the peanut butter to chocolate ratio is much higher on these than the on a Reeses. I think that is where my wife is getting the "more peanut-buttery comment".

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

North316

Additional Info:

Not sure why there is a difference in serving sized (maybe just due to packaging?) but the package I have lists the serving size as 2 pieces; 150 cal; 9g fat; 140mg sodium, 13g carbs and 4g protein. That appears to be in-line (proportionally) with what is listed in the specs, just wanted to point it out.

My CT

kipidoran

quality posts: 23 Private Messages kipidoran

Hello to everyone! We are so excited to be back offering you our newest item. These salted peanut butter cups are truly a labor of l

kipidoran

Oops... Dammit I left my computer on the counter at home and and trying to text with my phone...not doing a great job..lol
Anyway as I was these yummy pb cups are a labor or love! The are hand poured in three stages and then sprinkled with fleur de sel.

kipidoran

Geez did I happen to mention that I am the owner of the candy basket? Clearly I left my mind on the freeway with all the holiday traffic.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kipidoran wrote:Geez did I happen to mention that I am the owner of the candy basket? Clearly I left my mind on the freeway with all the holiday traffic.

Welcome! And pardon me while I wipe the drool off my screen.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kipidoran

North316 wrote:Rat Reporting for duty.

I had a feeling we would be seeing this today so I stayed up late (drive to in-laws will be fun in the AM).

I will admit that when I got my golden ticket I was both incredibly excited and a bit disappointed. Excited because it was a golden ticket and an item from a great company; disappointed because it meant that these were being offered and not the salted caramels.

Now on to the report. I was a bit skeptical on whether I would enjoy these or not because, frankly, I love Reeses peanut butter cups, so why spend more for some fancy gourmet ones? Well, the answer is this, these are definitely a different ball-game. The picture does these very good justice. This has a layer of chocolate on the bottom, a layer of peanut butter FUDGE in the middle and another layer of chocolate on the top, along with a nice little sprinkle of that wonderful salt.

The big different here being the use of peanut butter fudge, instead of just a sweetened peanut butter mixture/filling. The fudge was very good, firm but still creamy in texture, very different from a Reeses cup. My wife's comment was that this is more "peanut-buttery than a Reeses", though I don't know if I agree with that statement, it is just a different texture and different taste.

Unfortunately for me, the salt really didn't add much to the equation. It was still delicious, but unlike the caramels, the salt just didn't provide enough contrast to the peanut butter to provide that much of boost in flavor.

These cups individually are about the size of the minature Reeses cups, maybe very slightly bigger. In general these were very good, but not amazing. Worth the price to give them a try, but likely not something I would re-buy often like the caramels. They would however make excellent gifts and I am sure would be appreciated by all. I was actually hoping that these would be offered in smaller packs like I received (just a small 4-pack) and they would have been perfect for party favors or stocking stuffers

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I will be buying some of these in the morning.

EDIT: I just tried another one for the sake of this post, and the fudge really is quite delicious. I would also point out that the peanut butter to chocolate ratio is much higher on these than the on a Reeses. I think that is where my wife is getting the "more peanut-buttery comment".

Thanks so much for the review, I'm glad you enjoyed our pb cups. We very well may offer these pieces without salt soon, and when we were first developing these we put crisp rice in the p.b fudge for a little texture in the fudge that was really good too. I loved your comment about smaller packs.. Maybe next season we can offer a great deal on a 6 or 12 pack of the five piece samplers?
Thanks for the input!

haydensmommy

quality posts: 7 Private Messages haydensmommy

Hello Everyone!!

I have a confession...... I have been a not so loyal employee of The Candy Basket.... up until recently every time I would go to the grocery store I would always sneak down the candy aisle to snag myself some Reeces PB cups! I know, I know, I work at a gourmet candy factory and I am cheating on my job with a $ .59 pack of PB cups!!
We are all required to quality control our product.... and well since the first bite there has been no turning back!! It's like the ex we look back on and wonder "what the heck was I thinking".....

To say the least theres not much guilt with this pleasure.......now if I could only replace the Mike and Ikes!!

kipidoran

terribleangel wrote:Oh yummy! Peanut butter cups that are salted?! I know their salted caramels and their salted caramel pecan patties were absolutely delish, so these have to be good as well! Thank you Candy Basket! I look forward to this package on my doorstep! Also I'm sure my dad will love opening these on Christmas!

Thanks terribleangel I'm glad you love our salted collection! Make sure to get one for yourself.
Happy thanksgiving!

haydensmommy

North316 wrote:Additional Info:

Not sure why there is a difference in serving sized (maybe just due to packaging?) but the package I have lists the serving size as 2 pieces; 150 cal; 9g fat; 140mg sodium, 13g carbs and 4g protein. That appears to be in-line (proportionally) with what is listed in the specs, just wanted to point it out.

The difference is due to packaging... we originally ran nutritionals for a 3pc serving size, then we created our 4 pc box and listing servings per container as 1.333333333 didn't look so good

kipidoran

kipidoran wrote:Oops... Dammit I left my computer on the counter at home and and trying to text with my phone...not doing a great job..lol
Anyway as I was these yummy pb cups are a labor or love! The are hand poured in three stages and then sprinkled with fleur de sel.

Wow! Just reread my post because... Good thing I make candy way better than I text. Sorry about the typos.

haydensmommy

clcaruthers wrote:I got excited, but then I realized these weren't the salted caramels

Oh, but you should still be excited! Really, really excited!! These are to die for! I know there's no replacing the salted caramels, but there's always room for something new!

haydensmommy

kipidoran wrote:Wow! Just reread my post because... Good thing I make candy way better than I text. Sorry about the typos.

Thanks for clarifying.... I figured you must've received your last wine.woot order today!

pitamuffin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages pitamuffin

These look amazing, but I've got someone in the house with a peanut allergy. We've been waiting and hoping for the salted caramels -- everyone in the family loved them.

kipidoran

haydensmommy wrote:Thanks for clarifying.... I figured you must've received your last wine.woot order today!

One glass of wine and Siri doesn't understand a word I say!

kipidoran

pitamuffin wrote:These look amazing, but I've got someone in the house with a peanut allergy. We've been waiting and hoping for the salted caramels -- everyone in the family loved them.

I'm sorry to hear that. Stay tuned you never know when you might see you what you are looking for!

odparadis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages odparadis

I love these pb cups. Like almost everyone I know, I have grown up eating Reese's to get my fix of the deliciousness that is the chocolate and peanut butter combination. However, I am glad to share that there is an even better option to satisfy my craving - these salted peanut butter cups from the Candy Basket. They offer the perfect balance of peanut butter between two layers of chocolate in a bite-size morsel of perfection. The salt not only serves as an elegant detail, but intensifies the flavor of the treat for a truly decadent piece. These salted peanut butter cups are sure to impress for any occasion. Personally, I plan to order many as hostess gifts for the upcoming holidays, and a few extra boxes for myself! Such an amazing product and such an amazing deal that I cannot resist.

gina3graces

quality posts: 38 Private Messages gina3graces

Happy-Peanut-Buttery-Cup-Giving to me, to me, to me. Make it three!
Yum tum time. Thank you Woot. I am grateful for this delicious offering!
I love Candy Basket and I check Wine Woot daily to sniff out their delicious offerings, wondering when my favorite chocolate-love will appear.

I love Candy Basket and I get so incredibly happy when Woot offers their candy boxes.

Not a moment's hesitation to purchase 3.

gina3graces

quality posts: 38 Private Messages gina3graces

Slobbering over the thought of the delicious salt. OMgeeohmy. Help me!

AbnerDoon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AbnerDoon

In for one and I am sure I will regret not getting two.

I too am hoping to see the caramels on here again someday. They had a great texture and went quickly.

I did finally get my Le caramel order and have given most of it away. It was like Kraft caramels with a touch of salt and not my cup of tea. The chocalates were alright but the chocalate sauce tasted like a can of frosting and heating did not help the flavor. The caramel sauce is okay but you don't really get that touch of salt taste as it was probably absorbed and overwritten by the caramel.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Make sure you check out the daily deal on http://pop.woot.com/ as well as the great Plus deals.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

SunflowerPrincess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SunflowerPrincess

wondering if these can be frozen. My son loves the name brand peanut butter cups, as do i, but i would be in for two if we can freeze them for later.

Oops, my Tiara slipped!

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

Haha, yeah, I'm not sure anything's worth the premium since Reese's are so good but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since some of the salted chocolates came out amazing. In for one.

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

captchrista

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captchrista

these would be perfect for an uncle that is sooo hard to find a present. Does anyone know how long these will take to ship. i order some pasta before on wine woot and took forever. when i asked i was told all things take 2 to 3 weeks to ship on wine woot... is this still the case. also when i went to the candy site they even say they are not shipping because of the warm weather unless you want expedited shipping..which i totally understand the heat thing...but...will we have to pay for expedited to receive in a decent time frame. what are facts jack...lol..ty..

monkeyfran

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyfran
Cesare wrote:Candy Basket Salted Peanut Butter Cups, 24oz.
$29.99 (Normally $49.95) 40% off List Price
Salted Peanut Butter Cups, 24 ounces (48 cups)

Website

Why you no can send peanut butter cups to Alaska?!

>_<

ctviggen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ctviggen

Hmmmm...partially hydrogenated oils; wanted to
order for my wife, but I'm not a fan of man-made oils.

North316

kipidoran wrote: I loved your comment about smaller packs.. Maybe next season we can offer a great deal on a 6 or 12 pack of the five piece samplers?
Thanks for the input!

There is still time before Christmas!

My CT

wendy98765

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wendy98765

Is their website down?

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
North316 wrote:There is still time before Christmas!

Yes, Hoping there is still hope for the
Pecan Patties!
Just not a fan of PB, but great to see Candy Basket back.

CT

Soten

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Soten

Wow, these look amazing. If only i liked peanutbutter! I always spring for those amazing salted caramels when i see them so i can only hope those come by before christmas! ( oh and maybe that theyre in smaller packs for us poor college kids who are spending thier ramen money)

I quest for Crud.

Groovymarlin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Groovymarlin
clcaruthers wrote:I got excited, but then I realized these weren't the salted caramels

I was lucky enough to be a lab rat for these, and when I first saw them, I admit to a similar feeling. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I tried them. They're just as amazing as the salted caramels!

Quite a bit different from PB cups you're probably used to, the Candy Basket version tastes much richer, IMO. There's more peanut butter, and it's smoother and creamier. The chocolate is rich, and the light sprinkle of salt makes it taste even sweeter as well as adding a little texture.

Overall, I thought they were fantastic.

haydensmommy

SunflowerPrincess wrote:wondering if these can be frozen. My son loves the name brand peanut butter cups, as do i, but i would be in for two if we can freeze them for later.

How long are you looking to keep them for? Room temperature is the best storage temp for any chocolate....