rugrats2001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001
tccontender wrote:They are owned by Amazon, I am not so concerned about their bottom line.

Which means amazon can pull the plug anytime if they don't meet the corporate targets.

I'd kind of like Woot to stay a while longer...

tccontender

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tccontender
rugrats2001 wrote:Which means amazon can pull the plug anytime if they don't meet the corporate targets.

I'd kind of like Woot to stay a while longer...

Buy some Ty, then! Spread around the wealth...

bryte

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bryte

TC is officially a GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE.

rugrats2001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001
tccontender wrote:Buy some Ty, then! Spread around the wealth...

I've got 22 bottles of various Ty wines in the cellar now, waiting for their 'sweet spot', so no go on #23 & 24.

eluofthenine

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eluofthenine
noslensj wrote:Does anyone know how this differs - in any way other than having a slightly different label - from "Winemaker's Cuvee" that shows up on WTSO at about $20/bottle?

the winemaker's cuvee is a different wine. there is a whole page or two talking about it in the other deals thread.

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5118466&pageindex=11&replycount=810#post5183638

edit: for the record, I opened a bottle of the cuvee and although it is still pretty young, I thought it was a pretty good bottle and was happy with my purchase.

Bione

quality posts: 28 Private Messages Bione
tccontender wrote:Buy some Ty, then! Spread around the wealth...

I'm all for supporting Woot (and Ty), too. But not at this price. The market is speaking, Mr. Caton. This is higher than I can bear.

Woot knows there is an opportunity cost, too. When wine is moving this slowly, it's not very profitable for them, particularly in the run-up to the holidays. I think Amazon knows enough to avoid the dreaded "W o o t!-Off Kil1er" that used to plague these events.

I hope the price will go down further, but I expect these bottles to suddenly and inexplicably start "selling", disappear, and get replaced by something else that has a better QPR. Then they'll show up again on Woot Plus, with half a double boiler and a pair of Gunnar gaming glasses.

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

It just went from 81 to 10%. I'm assuming they are pulling this item to keep it moving?

Neal K Bharadwaj

rjquillin

quality posts: 180 Private Messages rjquillin

Shazam 80% -> 2%.
Looks like we may be seeing those missing bottles again later...

CT

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
rjquillin wrote:Shazam 80% -> 2%.

In a side deal I hope.

Neal K Bharadwaj

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
eluofthenine wrote:the winemaker's cuvee is a different wine. there is a whole page or two talking about it in the other deals thread.

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5118466&pageindex=11&replycount=810#post5183638

edit: for the record, I opened a bottle of the cuvee and although it is still pretty young, I thought it was a pretty good bottle and was happy with my purchase.

Yeah - I recall that thread. At the time I wasn't convinced that the cuvee was anything other than just a special labeling for wtso. i was curious as to whether there might have been some additional insight since them to make me think otherwise.

FWIW - I've bought some twice now when it has appeared at wtso. Drank one and the seven others are tucked away, awaiting their Right Moments.

For me, at $20/bottle it's on the cusp of when I'll consider a purchase. It's not fully the style that I enjoy, so my price point isn't as high as others. And with seven bottles stored, there's little reason for me to add to my stock.

hockeybbot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hockeybbot
rlmanzo wrote:I hate to say it but I have bought a ton of Ty's wines based on Woot hype.

It has all been thoroughly average. Tytanium included.

I now have a basement full of unremarkable, overpriced wine.

More than perhaps any other winemaker regularly on Woot he has capitalized on the appeal of this site.

Buyer beware....

I agree!!

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
rjquillin wrote:Shazam 80% -> 2%.

and now we're on to cheese. Nice seque from the whine in this thread.

rjquillin

quality posts: 180 Private Messages rjquillin
noslensj wrote:For me, at $20/bottle it's on the cusp of when I'll consider a purchase. It's not fully the style that I enjoy, so my price point isn't as high as others. And with seven bottles stored, there's little reason for me to add to my stock.

And this is free market capitalism at it's finest. Price will equilibrate supply and demand, or is it the other way around?

CT

bjwca

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bjwca
inkycatz wrote:Delicious news, wine buddies! This wine has dropped in price to a lovely $59.99. Everyone who has purchased it will get the reduced price, of course (we've got your back)... as for the rest of you, it's Ty Caton, it's a Cab... what are you waiting for?

ps. No VA still, sorry.

So Woot will credit via the same payment method we used to buy, or will we get some sort of coupon code for a future woot purchase?

cortot20

quality posts: 153 Private Messages cortot20
bjwca wrote:So Woot will credit via the same payment method we used to buy, or will we get some sort of coupon code for a future woot purchase?

The amount should be corrected before it hits your card.

CT

zarde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zarde

Got a call from Fedex this am. The wine is being delivered today.

Status still says Awaiting Shipping.