0%
0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

• (9:34 AM, 11/20/2012) rlmanzo calls it, "average".

mstern20878

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mstern20878

T C, one of my favs. In for one.

Cesare

quality posts: 1561 Private Messages Cesare

Ty Caton 2010 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon 2-Pack
$59.99 (Normally $88.00) 32% off List Price
2010 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
7/2/12 (Plus)

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

daledobak

quality posts: 2 Private Messages daledobak

I don't understand why this lasts so long -- this is a fantastic wine!

rugrats2001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001

REAL list price is $44 per bottle, so Woot list hasn't been inflated with shipping & tax. Buy up!

Cyradia

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Cyradia
daledobak wrote:I don't understand why this lasts so long -- this is a fantastic wine!

QPR

I agree the Q is fantastic, but the P is high. The ratio is 'meh'.

ego48

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ego48

had trouble finding the link on CT as it is named slightly different - great that C is back.

TC website does have it for $44, but the two stores in CA have it for significantly less... keep thinking maybe i'm looking at the wrong wine, but i'm pretty sure i'm not

greyday

quality posts: 51 Private Messages greyday
Cyradia wrote:QPR

Thanks, it's been a loooong night, and this made me laugh. I still bought one though.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll

I have never tried it but with all that is being said and because I have already unlocked free shipping I am thinking but just can't seem to pull the trigger. I'll have to give it a few more minutes. Probably will get the sudden urge and commitment just to come back and see, "sold out".

EmirSehovic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EmirSehovic

Anyone in doubt... this is a great wine and if it wasn't for the price, I'd drink this daily.

I had 6 from a woot off a while back (a long while) and it tastes better every bottle we open.

TY is autobuy for me and this bottle is no different

cortot20

quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20
daledobak wrote:I don't understand why this lasts so long -- this is a fantastic wine!

It's the price. Basically a wine club discount on a winery that has dramatically increased its prices over the last five years. As the price on his wines have gone up its taken noticeably longer to move his bottles on wine.woot. It's a big bummer because it moved his wines from auto buy to only buying his lower level blends like Ty's red and the Racchus label foe me.

CT

noslensj

quality posts: 41 Private Messages noslensj

Does anyone know how this differs - in any way other than having a slightly different label - from "Winemaker's Cuvee" that shows up on WTSO at about $20/bottle?

christy111777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christy111777

VA shipping is back?

scott0210

quality posts: 6 Private Messages scott0210

A few weeks ago I was able to buy 3 bottles of Tytanium, shipped, for $35.00 a bottle at another site. And that lists for $80 on Ty's website. The woot discounts are very disappointing anymore.

tuerkish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tuerkish
Cyradia wrote:QPR

Agreed. I have never been disappointed by a Ty wine, but the price point only supports a certain amount. It would be nice if a Racchus or Ty's Red would pop up in the woot off!

Cyradia

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Cyradia
scott0210 wrote:A few weeks ago I was able to buy 3 bottles of Tytanium, shipped, for $35.00 a bottle at another site. And that lists for $80 on Ty's website. The woot discounts are very disappointing anymore.

Now that's impressive. I'd have been all over that deal.

I really enjoy Ty's stuff. Like I said, it's just the QPR that holds me back. I think he really shines on his blends and the Tytanium is wonderful...it's just not as wonderful as a half case of other really good CA juice...which is about how it's priced now.

noslensj

cortot20 wrote:It's the price. Basically a wine club discount on a winery that has dramatically increased its prices over the last five years. As the price on his wines have gone up its taken noticeably longer to move his bottles on wine.woot. It's a big bummer because it moved his wines from auto buy to only buying his lower level blends like Ty's red and the Racchus label foe me.

I suspect so as well. I think Ty has raised his prices to a point that is at and sometimes above what the market can bear. So now his wine is moving more slowly and he is sometimes winding up with product he needs to clear out.

I suspect that the "Winemaker's Cuvee" I linked to above is the exact same wine as this offering, but by calling it a cuvee he can say it's different from what he is offering to his wine club members and distributors as he moves it through other channels.

ego48

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ego48
scott0210 wrote:A few weeks ago I was able to buy 3 bottles of Tytanium, shipped, for $35.00 a bottle at another site. And that lists for $80 on Ty's website. The woot discounts are very disappointing anymore.

and to your point, i bought the 2009 tytanium at woot a year ago for $37.50 per bottle delivered -and that goes for $110 on TC site.

love the wine, believe Ty deserves all price increases, unfortunately takes me out of buying more often than not.

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951
christy111777 wrote:VA shipping is back?

More than likely an error. But could someone from the head office check this out for us thirsty Virginians?

rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo

I hate to say it but I have bought a ton of Ty's wines based on Woot hype.

It has all been thoroughly average. Tytanium included.

I now have a basement full of unremarkable, overpriced wine.

More than perhaps any other winemaker regularly on Woot he has capitalized on the appeal of this site.

Buyer beware....

Is it broke or just fractured?

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz

I'll reiterate what I've said before: Ty wines are priced at double their worth on his website and tasting room. The Tytanium is listed at 80 though I would pay 40 and not more. Yes, it is a well- made wine worth $40 but not even close to $80. My two cents.

"The older I get the better I was"

ktrenholm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ktrenholm

This will make a good Xmas gift for the parents. Not much of a red wine drinker myself. Gives me nasty heartburn.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
rlmanzo wrote:I hate to say it but I have bought a ton of Ty's wines based on Woot hype.

More than perhaps any other winemaker regularly on Woot he has capitalized on the appeal of this site.

Buyer beware....

Why would you fill your basement with a wine based on hype??

I have bought many times based on hype but if i don't like it i just don't buy it again.

I think many people around here love his wine If it doesn't fit your pallet i don't think anyone is taking advantage.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

shakerstyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shakerstyle

Appears to be selling for $20 a bottle elsewhere. Woot deals need to be verified.

greyday

quality posts: 51 Private Messages greyday
shakerstyle wrote:Appears to be selling for $20 a bottle elsewhere. Woot deals need to be verified.

Not to be overly picky about semantics, but verified how, exactly? They show list and offer a price. They don't guarantee the lowest price as far as I know...

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Delicious news, wine buddies! This wine has dropped in price to a lovely $59.99. Everyone who has purchased it will get the reduced price, of course (we've got your back)... as for the rest of you, it's Ty Caton, it's a Cab... what are you waiting for?

ps. No VA still, sorry.

I'm just hanging out, really.

mudderfudder77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mudderfudder77

Price drop. Will pushing it under 30 a bottle get this product moving?

mmille24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmille24
rlmanzo wrote:I hate to say it but I have bought a ton of Ty's wines based on Woot hype.

Buyer beware....

+1.

I bought this wine on hype a couple years ago. As you noted, it was just average. Very overpriced if you ask me.

rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo
tytiger58 wrote:Why would you fill your basement with a wine based on hype??

I have bought many times based on hype but if i don't like it i just don't buy it again.

I think many people around here love his wine If it doesn't fit your pallet i don't think anyone is taking advantage.

I agree that palates will differ.

As evidenced by my black square, I have bought quite a lot of wine on Woot. I have never bought the same Ty wine twice, but given the enthusiasm of posters on this board, (who generally give great advice) I have a few times bought 2 or 3 sets of offerings.

I remain unimpressed with his wines.

I have not encountered this with any other regular winemaker on Woot.

His wines are not bad; just average and very overpriced.

I know that my experience is not unique.

Is it broke or just fractured?

tuerkish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tuerkish
mudderfudder77 wrote:Price drop. Will pushing it under 30 a bottle get this product moving?

Changing it to 2/49.99 probably would.

snarfii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snarfii

Am I misunderstanding the deal? Looks like Los Angeles Wine Co. has it for 2/3 of the Woot price.

Other online merchants have similar pricing.

thenativesarerestless

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thenativesarerestless
snarfii wrote:Am I misunderstanding the deal? Looks like Los Angeles Wine Co. has it for 2/3 of the Woot price.

fwiw
shipping to my zip code is $24.50

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll
snarfii wrote:Am I misunderstanding the deal? Looks like Los Angeles Wine Co. has it for 2/3 of the Woot price.

Uh....
Links please?

crawform

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crawform
charliecarroll wrote:Uh....
Links please?

The link is in his post. Just click on "Los Angeles Wine Co."

crawform

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crawform
thenativesarerestless wrote:fwiw
shipping to my zip code is $24.50

Yep, estimated shipping to Menlo Park, CA is $20.

noslensj

Even at the reduced price this seems to be moving verrrryyyy slowwwwlyyyyy.

rugrats2001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001

Sometimes we forget that Woot can't REALLY ship wine for $5, and that the balance HAS to be in the price, if they want to stay in business. You do want them to stay in business, don't you?

jplamb

quality posts: 15 Private Messages jplamb

I've always enjoyed Ty's wines, but I don't feel these are a deal at over $30/bottle. You could have picked up the same or similar wine at WTSO for $20 (I have a half case of that) and back when Ty started on here his cab was always $20/bottle. I think at $20 it's a great buy, but apparently he feels like he's built up enough good will from his past appearances that the price can be jacked up. Plus with his wines pretty much only appearing on the Woot Offs now there is now zero winemaker participation.

tccontender

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tccontender
rugrats2001 wrote:Sometimes we forget that Woot can't REALLY ship wine for $5, and that the balance HAS to be in the price, if they want to stay in business. You do want them to stay in business, don't you?

They are owned by Amazon, I am not so concerned about their bottom line.

mbmiche

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mbmiche

FYI--LA Wine Co. is down to 3 bottles of the TY. Shipping to just outside of Chicago is $23.