zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Cesare

quality posts: 1614 Private Messages Cesare

Premium Lightly Salted California Pistachios 2-Pack
$28.99 (Normally $32.00) 9% off List Price

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

nuggy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nuggy
Cesare wrote:Pistachios

$4.99 for 16 oz bags at Walgreens right now....

Just sayin....

Overpriced....

widescreenjohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages widescreenjohn

My wife picks up this exact same brand at our local grocery store for about 1/2 the price for two bags. Sometimes she gets these pistachios on a buy-one-get-one-free.

Way, way overpriced.

rajuorbhikhu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rajuorbhikhu

OK, I'm glad you posted...i was trying to figure out if this was for some large quantity...it seemed too unusually overpriced for something i buy in the store, same brand too.

If it was a case of these, id be in.

nuggy wrote:$4.99 for 16 oz bags at Walgreens right now....

Just sayin....

Overpriced....

cortot20

quality posts: 139 Private Messages cortot20

But it's....................NUTS!!!!!!!

CT

thenagman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thenagman

$15.98 For 3 pound bags at Sam's Club (exact same brand) right now. Woot you just need to say no when you're offered these, you never get a good price.

tryzub

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tryzub

Online or in store?

jessicamadeline

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessicamadeline

This is an awful deal! I just bought these Saturday at the grocery store in a pretty cloth bag, for 6.99

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

This price has got to be a mistake...

thehappyaspie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thehappyaspie

Thanks Woot! I totally forgot that I have these in my pantry. I got mine at Walgreens with free same day delivery (in other words I texted my spouse to bring some home). http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/wonderful-pistachios/ID=prod6050806-product

The price varies from store to store, but the online price is still better than this woot-off...

zippy99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zippy99

Every time someone comments how (obviously) overpriced these are, someone doesn't buy them. And we all have to look at them that much longer.. just saying

thehappyaspie

firebirdude wrote:This price has got to be a mistake...

I was thinking the same thing... Or this could be one of those moments where the product price more obviously shows the cost of subsidized or free shipping (ie $5.00 on all orders until midnight)...

greenfelderkl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages greenfelderkl
thehappyaspie wrote:Thanks Woot! I totally forgot that I have these in my pantry. I got mine at Walgreens with free same day delivery (in other words I texted my spouse to bring some home). http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/wonderful-pistachios/ID=prod6050806-product

The price varies from store to store, but the online price is still better than this woot-off...

"Free same day delivery..." HA! Thanks for the chuckle! (And I agree, this price is, well, nuts!)

cortot20

quality posts: 139 Private Messages cortot20
thehappyaspie wrote:I was thinking the same thing... Or this could be one of those moments where the product price more obviously shows the cost of subsidized or free shipping (ie $5.00 on all orders until midnight)...

Bingo!

CT

thehappyaspie

zippy99 wrote:Every time someone comments how (obviously) overpriced these are, someone doesn't buy them. And we all have to look at them that much longer.. just saying

So we should just let folks pay so much so we can all move on? I'm guessing more people just buy and don't check comments than check and add to comments especially when they see that Woot is fairly reliable with their pricing (except in this particular case but most won't notice...). IMHO.

redvolvodavid

quality posts: 3 Private Messages redvolvodavid

Hath thou no Costco?

Buy the max of these...or...get a membership at Costco for the year and buy equivalent amount of pistachios for possibly slightly less money.

kusmertz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kusmertz

You're welcome, peoples. In for 1.

I see 16 oz bags at Walgreens for $7.99 w/o card, so 64 oz (32 oz pack of 2) would be right at $32. Already got free shipping and I don't have to have them right now.

The Sam's Club offer is legit, but I am liable to spend my whole paycheck in there.

thenagman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thenagman

OK OK, sorry about my previous nay sayer comment. People who buys these prove that they are amongst the elite, the few the proud, those with much more money than sense. I applaud you! Create multiple woot accounts, but many multiples of 3.

J83pc

quality posts: 3 Private Messages J83pc
thenagman wrote:$15.98 For 3 pound bags at Sam's Club (exact same brand) right now. Woot you just need to say no when you're offered these, you never get a good price.

When we bought a bag at Sam's, the pistachios were terrible quality and we weren't pleased at all. I don't know anything about this brand, but there's definitely a difference between quality pistachios and cheap ones...

You didn't always take me where I wanted to go.
No, but I always took you where you needed to go.
doctor.who

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

O*M*G* 9% savings I'm in for.... NONE, really 9% comeonwoot.

thehappyaspie

redvolvodavid wrote:Hath thou no Costco?

Buy the max of these...or...get a membership at Costco for the year and buy equivalent amount of pistachios for possibly slightly less money.

Good idea on the Costco. Our closest is too far away. I'm disabled so I rely on Amazon Prime and my lowly errand boy (married for 12 years).

dopeboy125

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dopeboy125

A bag of these is less than $14 with S&S on Amazon.....

jimstat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimstat

If these were shelled it would be a good price.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
fredrinaldi wrote:O*M*G* 9% savings I'm in for.... NONE, really 9% comeonwoot.

Aren't you supposed to be out gambling?

"The older I get the better I was"

thehappyaspie

J83pc wrote:When we bought a bag at Sam's, the pistachios were terrible quality and we weren't pleased at all. I don't know anything about this brand, but there's definitely a difference between quality pistachios and cheap ones...

The price isn't competitive but the quality of this particular brand is pretty good (at least of the last 5 1lb bags I've attacked).

Some companies process & roast their pistachios using soybean oil which is off limits for my motley brood (we have G6PD deficiency. No legumes for us.)
I was happy to find these as they don't have soybean oil and are available almost everywhere, it seems.

(oh and pistachios are a nut. Some people insist they are a legume, according to my OCD googling. They are a nut.)

mzwoot99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mzwoot99

I am in New York State and I can buy 64 oz in 4 16 oz bags (this exact brand) for virtually the same price at the local supermarket.

thehappyaspie

jimstat wrote:If these were shelled it would be a good price.

If that was the case I'd buy the max in a heartbeat. Though I think that pistachios are weight friendly because of the labor involved- spouse can't down a handful in one go and I have RA in my hands (rheumatoid arthritis NOT resident advisor!)... I leave the ones I can't open for my spouse to battle.

thehappyaspie

mzwoot99 wrote:I am in New York State and I can buy 64 oz in 4 16 oz bags (this exact brand) for virtually the same price at the local supermarket.

Good to hear the other side of this. I'm in SW Florida (I've lived in NY and MA and Florida is much less expensive, in general).

ibexscribe

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ibexscribe

I think the price is about what you'd pay in store if you they aren't on sale (and don't have membership or access to club stores). Not everything I purchase is on sale. The thing keeping me from buying is the thought of how long it would take me to go through them (or how quickly I'd eat them all, which isn't so good for the diet).

thehappyaspie

kusmertz wrote:You're welcome, peoples. In for 1.

I see 16 oz bags at Walgreens for $7.99 w/o card, so 64 oz (32 oz pack of 2) would be right at $32. Already got free shipping and I don't have to have them right now.

The Sam's Club offer is legit, but I am liable to spend my whole paycheck in there.

They are on sale at Walgreens.com for $5.99 for 16oz right now... So $24 + shipping (unless you are stocking up on other stuff).

Pbparker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pbparker

If you haven't tried the salt and pepper ones at Costco, do yourself a favor and try them.

thehappyaspie

Pbparker wrote:If you haven't tried the salt and pepper ones at Costco, do yourself a favor and try them.

Oooh that sounds awesome. Salt & pepper snack foods are the best (now that I'm old and can't handle the wild and crazy salt and vinegar). Favorite: Newman's Own Salt & Pepper Pretzels. So freaking good.

DingleBarry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DingleBarry
fredrinaldi wrote:O*M*G* 9% savings I'm in for.... NONE, really 9% comeonwoot.

Agreed. Pathetic. Ranks right up there with the over 20% price increase for the Brandini toffee offer earlier.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
losthighwayz wrote:Aren't you supposed to be out gambling?

already won $900 at a 3 card poker table, now enjoying some Gaalante Cab.
thanks for asking

krychek67

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krychek67

Yep, 10.58 for 24oz at Wally world. Basically the equivalent of a $14 32oz bag...Not a deal here.

funtech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages funtech

Costco has the 2.5 pounds containers for under $15. This Woot is a rip-off!

sarabear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarabear

Just sayin....

Overpriced....

and the exact same product is $8.99 at Safeway.