0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1616 Private Messages Cesare

The Wine Diaper 6-Pack (Color Randomly Selected)
$7.99 (Normally $24.00) 67% off List Price
(6) Wine Diapers (Color Randomly Selected)

Product website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Pbparker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pbparker

Yikes, hope this one goes quick, was hoping to get a few more wines in today on the shipping.

lxzndr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lxzndr

Wow, $3 more to have boy or girl diapers than it was for generic white diapers.

webdev511

quality posts: 37 Private Messages webdev511

Must have item if you're planning on packing wine on a holiday trip. I'm currently well stocked, but they are both reusable and highly recommended.

Cocontom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Cocontom

I bought these on a prior sale. I bought three sets (mostly because of shipping, and figured they would make good gifts for friends we're cruising with), so I didn't feel bad sacrificing one (I wanted to see if the broken glass would cut through the plastic). I filled an empty wine bottle, and dropped it on the tile floor- nothing. So I threw it in the air onto the floor. Nothing. So I threw it down the stairs (vinyl over wood, laminate at the bottom). Nothing.

At that point I was bored and I stopped. But I'm pretty confident about these now!

cyberpenguin

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cyberpenguin

Once you put a bottle in it, it will be used.

From then on, you'll be drinking wine from a used diaper.

You better hope it never falls on the ground and gets soil on it.

derrrface

quality posts: 3 Private Messages derrrface

Or, you know just wrap your liquor with the clothes you are already bringing on your vaca like a normal person. This has got to be the dumbest thing I've seen on woot. Ever.

jawlz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz
Cocontom wrote:I bought these on a prior sale. I bought three sets (mostly because of shipping, and figured they would make good gifts for friends we're cruising with), so I didn't feel bad sacrificing one (I wanted to see if the broken glass would cut through the plastic). I filled an empty wine bottle, and dropped it on the tile floor- nothing. So I threw it in the air onto the floor. Nothing. So I threw it down the stairs (vinyl over wood, laminate at the bottom). Nothing.

At that point I was bored and I stopped. But I'm pretty confident about these now!

Bottles - especially full bottles - are actually pretty solid and difficult to break. We often forget that bottles have been made and designed with shipping in mind.

Mythbusters did an episode that involved figuring out the force needed to break beer bottles, and even when they swung full bottles as hard as they could against a football helmet, the bottle wouldn't break (the helmet absorbed a good deal of the energy, as it is designed to do, but unless you're really trying to break a bottle, you're probably not going to).

yoked2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yoked2000

I'm on a flight right now with a few bottles of wine in my luggage- where were these last week! Haha. I would much rather spend a couple bucks and buy these as insurance as opposed to showing up with red wine soaked clothes. The discussion on bottles breaking really doesn't matter- until one actually breaks haha. Do we really think airline luggage handling can't hit your luggage on a solid corner? That will break just about any bottle...

jawlz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz
yoked2000 wrote:I'm on a flight right now with a few bottles of wine in my luggage- where were these last week! Haha. I would much rather spend a couple bucks and buy these as insurance as opposed to showing up with red wine soaked clothes. The discussion on bottles breaking really doesn't matter- until one actually breaks haha. Do we really think airline luggage handling can't hit your luggage on a solid corner? That will break just about any bottle...

If it's worth the peace of mind, then go for it! FWIW, when I pack wine in my suitcase, it is VERY well padded by all the clothes around it, so in all likelihood even throwing the suitcase off a building wouldn't result in the bottle breaking, as the case and clothes will absorb most of that kinetic energy.