2009 Noceto Sangiovese, Amador County
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
10/17/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

kerrigirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kerrigirl

I love a good Sangiovese. Does anyone know if this is a good Sangiovese?

schaeferr

quality posts: 6 Private Messages schaeferr
kerrigirl wrote:I love a good Sangiovese. Does anyone know if this is a good Sangiovese?

This is not a good Sangiovese. This is a phenomenal Sangiovese. I bought this the last time it was up on Woot, and it is just a great, great bottle of wine. At $12.50/bottle, you can't go wrong with this.

emccarl

quality posts: 9 Private Messages emccarl
kerrigirl wrote:I love a good Sangiovese. Does anyone know if this is a good Sangiovese?

I've purchased the previous offers (including a 2007 and a 2007 Reserve), and I've LOVED these. I don't have any experience with the 2009, but based on my previous purchases, will consider this a must buy.

In for 1!

lorf

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lorf
schaeferr wrote:This is not a good Sangiovese. This is a phenomenal Sangiovese. I bought this the last time it was up on Woot, and it is just a great, great bottle of wine. At $12.50/bottle, you can't go wrong with this.

+1. I drank two of the 4 and am storing the rest for consumption in a few years.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

Check the link from the previous time woot offered this. Most people liked it, but you may not. If you prefer an Italian Sangiovese over one from California, read the reviews carefully.

hockeyhabit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hockeyhabit

love <3 love <3
in 4 2

jatha

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jatha

We purchased this on a whim the last time it appeared on woot.

Thoroughly enjoyed this wine! It was great with a variety of foods but really excels with Italian cuisine.

I clicked to buy within 2 seconds of seeing it pop up here again.

alpineguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alpineguy

I agree that this Sangiovese is a bargain. I opened a bottle last night and it paired well with a cheese and broccoli soup. Nice balance with a medium finish. If you are a Sangiovese fan, I'd hit the button.

skidd420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skidd420

Made it to the order page without checking shipping states, and dammit, no shipping to AZ again. This is becoming a problem.

bryanlytton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryanlytton

It's not allowing shipping to VA either. I got this same wine shipped to me in VA in the past. This is strange.

Cesare

quality posts: 1559 Private Messages Cesare
bryanlytton wrote:It's not allowing shipping to VA either. I got this same wine shipped to me in VA in the past. This is strange.

As of 11/4 wine to Virginia is no more.
Link

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

colbinator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colbinator
mjc613 wrote:Check the link from the previous time woot offered this. Most people liked it, but you may not. If you prefer an Italian Sangiovese over one from California, read the reviews carefully.

It's definitely more of a Chianti than a Brunello, but still a great Sangiovese.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Smells like Sango-tastes like Sango with cali fruit-gets better with age-12.50 a bottle=no brainer!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

rietpetiet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rietpetiet

Auto buy aka no-brainer. In for three

gtcharlie

quality posts: 5 Private Messages gtcharlie

Anyone else having a problem ordering this wine? Order stuck in the processing stage for about 15 minutes now. Hopefully the wife hasn't gained access to my account somehow Putting the kabosh on my wine woot would be a bad thing.

Flybranda

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Flybranda
Cesare wrote:As of 11/4 wine to Virginia is no more.
Link

Yeah
It's kinda sad
I've written to both my state representatives, but so far not even an acknowledgement -- this could be the end of Virginia on wine.woot

By the way, did they just change the formats again?
Seems like links to 'Read More' and 'Join the discussion" have moved again.

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, make the sage frolic, and the serious smile. -Homer

guzmantis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages guzmantis

Picked this up last time and did not regret it. It paired well against a pizza with a nice robust sauce. Considering how often we eat Italian I might be in for another set.

lurkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lurkey
gtcharlie wrote:Anyone else having a problem ordering this wine? Order stuck in the processing stage for about 15 minutes now. Hopefully the wife hasn't gained access to my account somehow Putting the kabosh on my wine woot would be a bad thing.

Yes mine is stuck in the processing stage too. That would explain why the % has not moved recently...

twstdvn

quality posts: 70 Private Messages twstdvn

I personally know the owners - this is a wonderful wine that I've had many times and the owner/winemakers up in Amador are also really great folks.

You'll be supporting another small family winery with this woot - no brainer for me...

Pbparker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pbparker
lurkey wrote:Yes mine is stuck in the processing stage too. That would explain why the % has not moved recently...

Ditto on the stuck processing. Thought something was hosed in my Paypal connection, but glad to see it's not just me.

true559

quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559

Bought this last time...no regrets. Very good Cali Sango.

Irukandjia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Irukandjia

I have had wine from this winery before and it was great. So this wine is a great deal. But it is on their website for 18 a bottle. So how did woot come up with a retail price of 88.50 for 4?

oncman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages oncman
Irukandjia wrote:I have had wine from this winery before and it was great. So this wine is a great deal. But it is on their website for 18 a bottle. So how did woot come up with a retail price of 88.50 for 4?

They add tax and shipping to retail price.

jawlz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz

Always a solid wine; I ordered 8 when this was last up, had a bottle, and regretted not ordering a case, so I'm in for the final 4 bottles to make it a full case today.

This is a really good wine, and Vino Noceto, IMO, represents, by far, the most consistently reliable QPR purchases we see on wine.woot.

Donfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Donfrank

I was spoiled. Picked up 2 offers of this back in 2010, it was 1 riserva, 1 Noceto and 2 random bottles from 2 other vinyards. The riserva was excellent and it was not fair to put the non-riserva up against it but all I can recall is how much better the riserva was. I think I still have a bottle or 2 in the celler. My price point on wine keeps going up. Damm you woot, you've created a monster.

jared465

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jared465

in for one, once again, as long as it "processes". Mine as been stuck in "processing" for almost 10 minutes

hookhams

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hookhams

Always wanted to try Sangiovese...really tempted now with the good reviews. How would one "know" if they like Sangiovese without trying it? ^_^

beckyswanson81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beckyswanson81

I can't even get to the Processing stage... Once I click the buy button, it says there's a server error.

micahfishes

quality posts: 6 Private Messages micahfishes

I sure hopes they get the server running before this offer expires. It won't let me hit the big yellow button either...

great57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages great57

I got the same 'server error' message after I clicked the gold button, but then I received a confirmation email that my order went through.

beckyswanson81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beckyswanson81

I didn't realize that the order was going through when I received the error message, so now it looks like I just bought 3. I only wanted one!!!

lurkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lurkey

Mine just went through... maybe they are going through manually and processing the orders?

hookhams

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hookhams
beckyswanson81 wrote:I didn't realize that the order was going through when I received the error message, so now it looks like I just bought 3. I only wanted one!!!

I could take one...if Woot let's us :P

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
lurkey wrote:Mine just went through... maybe they are going through manually and processing the orders?

Things should be on the mend, sorry for any troubles!

I'm just hanging out, really.