MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
kylemittskus wrote:Dude, I'm the MOT.

Seriously, there is no doubt that I married WAY up.

There never was any doubt. The question was more along the lines of, "What blackmail did you have on her? And what could be so bad?"

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:Dude! MY drinking problem is that I'm not drinking enough, unlike yours. But glad they finally hooked it up in yours. It was embarassing at my Nephew's wedding, your antics.

you mean my friend mikes antics. I was long gone by then.

oh and I almost forgot your nephew has my favorite drunken antics of all time story from my wedding so feel free to ask him, its wonderfully embarrassing.

CT

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 80 Private Messages PetiteSirah
kylemittskus wrote:Dude, I'm the MOT.

Seriously, there is no doubt that I married WAY up.

You're the MOT, she's the redhead, so your kid is SET FOR LIFE.

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
PetiteSirah wrote:You're the MOT, she's the redhead, so your kid is SET FOR LIFE.

This has all the makings for the next great sitcom on CBS

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

Hey PB, threw this on Facebook as well. Netbook, but not sure if it's a good one or not. I'd still go with a Surface and a fancy dancy keyboard.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bhodilee

Sparky, got this email, may be useful to you if you haven't got a headset yet.

Headset option 1
Headset Option 2

I know nothing about them, but I'm consistently impressed with the quality of products I get from Monoprice. Also, I'm helping to keep Chinese kids employed, and that's important.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
bhodilee wrote:Hey PB, threw this on Facebook as well. Netbook, but not sure if it's a good one or not. I'd still go with a Surface and a fancy dancy keyboard.

Thanks. Will check it out.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
rjquillin wrote:Woe is me;
iPad-2 slid off headboard last night and landed on it's edge. Despite being in a case; crack.

Anyone done the glass replacement dance yet. Sharp fragments too. Looks intriguingly complex to get correct, or just toss $$$ at it instead of juice I need to forget it happened.

It does still function.

I've done it w/ several iPhones, and an iPad 1. I bought the parts online, and did it myself. Reasonable. Cheaper than buying a new one.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
bhodilee wrote:Hey PB, threw this on Facebook as well. Netbook, but not sure if it's a good one or not. I'd still go with a Surface and a fancy dancy keyboard.

I want a surface too. I think I'll wait for the pro version to come out which runs Windows 8, and not just the Windows 8 RT (basically limited).

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:Sparky, got this email, may be useful to you if you haven't got a headset yet.

Headset option 1
Headset Option 2

I know nothing about them, but I'm consistently impressed with the quality of products I get from Monoprice. Also, I'm helping to keep Chinese kids employed, and that's important.

Thanks! I will also check them out.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

Quick, what wine would you pair with parmesean encrusted walleye? Walleye is a very delicate white fish filet.

Initial thoughts were a dry reisling or a unoaked chard. Maybe a Pinot Noir or Sauv blanc?
Thoughts?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:Thanks! I will also check them out.

I swear the price on those has jumped since I originally posted the link. Maybe not, my brain is addled today pretty bad.

bhodilee

otolith wrote:Quick, what wine would you pair with parmesean encrusted walleye? Walleye is a very delicate white fish filet.

Initial thoughts were a dry reisling or a unoaked chard. Maybe a Pinot Noir or Sauv blanc?
Thoughts?

My brain instantly says Malvasia, but again, addled.

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:I swear the price on those has jumped since I originally posted the link. Maybe not, my brain is addled today pretty bad.

They might have jumped in price today so that Black Friday / Cyber Monday "sale prices" would look okay.

Cesare

quality posts: 1676 Private Messages Cesare

Got a Woot newsletter today. For those that didn't:

We'll come clean: Sometimes these Woot newsletters are a little light on the big news. But get ready to have your block busted, because this e-missive is straining at the seams with majorly huge goings-on. Let's get down to bidness!
Enduring Holidays: Survive the Festivities With This One-Week Pop-Up Shop
'Tis the season for family traditions: gathering 'round the table for a comfort-food feast, sharing the memories of seasons past, and going out of your mind if you have to spend another minute around these people. From Thanksgiving Day through November 28, Woot adds a new tradition to the pile: the first Woot pop-up shop.

Enduring Holidays is dedicated to helping you survive - and maybe even enjoy - those get-togethers this year. The store won't be open until midnight Thursday morning, so bookmark it now. Enduring Holidays is the perfect way to grab a little "you time" between the turkey and the pie, and the perfect antidote to hectic holiday shopping. When it comes to the holidays, Woot says, "If you can't beat 'em, endure 'em!"

Woot Mobile: Get Off of Our Lawn and Onto Our Smartphone-Optimized Site
Believe it or not, Woot has finally dragged itself into the mobile age. Go to woot.com on your iOS or Android phone to see a streamlined "mobile experience," which is webspeak for a version of Woot that actually looks decent on a phone.
All of our daily and Woot Plus deals, product descriptions, polls, videos: They all fit in your pocket now. And this is only the beginning. Stay tuned for more and bigger and better mobile news soon...
One Facebook Page to Woot Them All
If you're one of the hip, sexy scenesters who follows Woot on Facebook, we're about to make your social-media life a little easier. We're concentrating most of our Facebook activity into one page rather than maintaining a sprawling mess of Facebook pages for every single dot-Woot.

Shirt.Woot and Wine.Woot will keep their separate Facebook accounts, but the other dot-Woots will fold into our main page. We'll broadcast only the best deals every day rather than spam your feed with every deal. And this new focus lets us bring better, more fun stuff to our Facebook fans. We promise we'll bring you a richer, more robust Facebook experience that will not include us using phrases like "a richer, more robust Facebook experience." Give your news feed the greatest gift of all: the new united Woot on Facebook!

Whew! Give us a minute here... all this big Woot news is getting our hearts going a little too fast. And we haven't even mentioned any of the other surprises waiting under our virtual tree. What are we going to do with ourselves come January?

Woot
-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
otolith wrote:Quick, what wine would you pair with parmesean encrusted walleye? Walleye is a very delicate white fish filet.

Thoughts?

sauv blanc or unoaked chard.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
Cesare wrote:Got a Woot newsletter today. For those that didn't:

wow, thanks!!

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:There must be a joke about the auto-de-pay in there somewhere...

So did you like it???

polarbear22

Cesare wrote:Got a Woot newsletter today. For those that didn't:

Can you repost the link to pop-up? I think someone did earlier, but not sure when. And I did not get this newsletter. At least, not yet.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

polarbear22

Had to wait to make sure that my MIL wasn't going to get a netbook. And it is sold out.

I'll have to talk with daughter re. Surface. I am sure that she needs a keyboard.

My Cellar

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
polarbear22 wrote:Can you repost the link to pop-up? I think someone did earlier, but not sure when. And I did not get this newsletter. At least, not yet.

pop up link or just pop.woot.com

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
joelsisk wrote:pop up link or just pop.woot.com

Remember the woot happy hour site? I bet it'll be something like that.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

polarbear22

cheron98 wrote:Remember the woot happy hour site? I bet it'll be something like that.

never made it during the hour it was up. So I hope this is more recurring.

My Cellar

mommadeb1

ok its midnight ... where is the deal
/

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

I bet its midnight woot time, so 40 more min for east coast people.

mommadeb1

tiger7610 wrote:I bet its midnight woot time, so 40 more min for east coast people.

that stinks... I set my alarm and everything!!

edit: at least I'm up anyway... housefull of company..

MarkDaSpark

Who's Playing?

MarkDaSpark

So who else wants the Hogwarts Train?

MarkDaSpark

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

polarbear22

MarkDaSpark wrote:Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!! Hope you all have a good day. And do poorly on the Bingo card.

My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

Happy Birthday to Ublink!!

Happy Birthday to Ublink!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

bahwm

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my CyberPub friends!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:Happy Birthday to Ublink!!

Happy Birthday to Ublink!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

Happy Birthday to Ublink!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

Happy Thanksgiving!! a little late I know.... here it is 11:10 at night and I am finally able to check my computer!! We only had 19 this year, and the wired thing is its COLD here at night!!
Sparky, I wish I saw your Thanksgiving bingo earlier!! too funny! I hope everyone had a great day!! We have to take daughters friend home in a little bit, think we might venture into Wal-Mart... just for fun!! Ha Ha!!

polarbear22

Got a nice offer from our old friends at Highway 12. Wine club prices (25% off) and free shipping. Love their wine. Had to accept this offer. And I was trying so hard not to buy wine for the rest of the year.

My Cellar

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
polarbear22 wrote:Got a nice offer from our old friends at Highway 12. Wine club prices (25% off) and free shipping. Love their wine. Had to accept this offer. And I was trying so hard not to buy wine for the rest of the year.

I remember them and really liked their wines.

I'm trying to not buy any more wine, either...stupid winebid. Debating if I should sell some '08 Relentless, since it's going for 4x what I paid for it.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
otolith wrote: trying to not buy any more wine, either...stupid winebid.

Yeah, my only hope is to stay away from there completely.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

bahwm

Congratulations to aces219 and her husband, 19, on their new bundle of joy, Alexis Ann, born 1:10 am 11/23; 9 lbs 2 oz, 20.5 in.

polarbear22

otolith wrote:I remember them and really liked their wines.

I'm trying to not buy any more wine, either...stupid winebid. Debating if I should sell some '08 Relentless, since it's going for 4x what I paid for it.

Sell one or two and yours are free. If you decide to sell, do it while the frenzy is fresh. Prices tend to get more reasonable after the initial push.

My Cellar

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg

All day free shipping is nice, so once I unlocked it with an order, bahwm had me order some stuff from kids.woot for the little tykes. I remembered to change the shipping address from FedEx depot to home address for all but the last of 4 purchases. Realizing my mistake, I emailed support within 5 minutes after placing the order, asking them to change the shipping address. This was the reply I received:

Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.
In an effort to streamline our shipping process, orders are now processed to ship much faster. As a result, unfortunately, we are unable to alter or cancel your order. Please understand this does not necessarily mean your order has shipped but rather that it has reached the point in processing where it is unable to be cancelled.
We apologize for any inconvenience
Tyler

Five minutes, and the order has been processed beyond anyone's ability to alter it. Moral: don't make a mistake when placing a woot order, because their advertised policy of allowing order cancellations is pretty much an illusion.

End of rant.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook