cortot20

quality posts: 137 Private Messages cortot20

I have long shot with Nikon slrs and really enjoy them. I have zero experience with canon and cannot speak to those. I do know that recently picked up a brand new tamron 18-300 lense and it is not perfect. For some reason the flash stops working 1/2 the time when I use that lense.

Edit: sparkly vampires

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cortot20 wrote:Double.

Uh huh. You just wanted to make sure if they deleted a post off page 1, you'd still have the Sparky!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
MarkDaSpark wrote:Uh huh. You just wanted to make sure if they deleted a post off page 1, you'd still have the Sparky!

You're just jealous that they'd have to delete two to put you back in your proper place

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

cortot20

MarkDaSpark wrote:Uh huh. You just wanted to make sure if they deleted a post off page 1, you'd still have the Sparky!

No, I just suck at the Internet.

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
otolith wrote:For the camera gurus out there, I'd like to dip into the DLSR game. Do you think the Rebel T4i on woot is a good camera that one could grow into? I would like to stick with Canon, as I've had great luck with their cameras in the past.

Thanks!

As you know, I bought the Canon T3i before the tour. It was recommended to me by one of my photographer friends. I got some absolutely awesome shots during the tour and during the trip to Spain. I bought it at our Sam's Club and it includes two lenses: a 15 - 55 and a 55 - 250.

I know my response is late, but I never even got home tonight until about 7:15 PM! Hope you get the camera that you want! Sorry I can't speak to the one that was up earlier.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
cmaldoon wrote:You're just jealous that they'd have to delete two to put you back in your proper place

at the bottom?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:at the bottom?

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

I saw the Roussanne, but couldn't pull the trigger. SWMBO and I are cutting to one salary (hers since she makes about 4x as much as me) and I'm staying home with Emerson (the baby). Better for everything -- our marriage, the baby, my health and sanity. So, I am on an absolute SIWBM. No wine at all for quite a while. I have plenty stock-piled so I'll survive, but it is not going to be very fun. BowTie will have to teach me his ways.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus

Doc, I have no idea what any of this means, but maybe it's a good deal?

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:I saw the Roussanne, but couldn't pull the trigger. SWMBO and I are cutting to one salary (hers since she makes about 4x as much as me) and I'm staying home with Emerson (the baby). Better for everything -- our marriage, the baby, my health and sanity. So, I am on an absolute SIWBM. No wine at all for quite a while. I have plenty stock-piled so I'll survive, but it is not going to be very fun. BowTie will have to teach me his ways.

So that would open the door for issho-bin sake then. Good stuff.
No GS plonk.

CT

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:

Where's my toona!!!!

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
rjquillin wrote:So that would open the door for issho-bin sake then. Good stuff.
No GS plonk.

Rjq, check your email.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

rjquillin

bkarlan wrote:Rjq, check your email.

Egads, lost, but found.

CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
kylemittskus wrote:I saw the Roussanne, but couldn't pull the trigger. SWMBO and I are cutting to one salary (hers since she makes about 4x as much as me) and I'm staying home with Emerson (the baby). Better for everything -- our marriage, the baby, my health and sanity. So, I am on an absolute SIWBM. No wine at all for quite a while. I have plenty stock-piled so I'll survive, but it is not going to be very fun. BowTie will have to teach me his ways.

Pretty easy. You look at the daycare bills (in your case the rest of the State of California), sigh, and just stay out if the main thread. Its way easier now with daily offerings.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

cortot20

Or maybe just work out a wine budget with your wife. I am in the replace what you drink mode.

CT

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

I'm having a good laugh at a 'reply all' fiasco going on at work. Yesterday someone sent an email to the entire technology center, probably a few hundred people. Someone replied to him that the email was not for him, and replied to all. A third person replied to all that you should not use reply all. And so on.

This morning I had about 50 of these reply all things. Some were funny, most stupid. Someone joked that you should reply 'unsubscribe' and a bunch of people did! The jokester apologized profusely and explained it was a silly joke (to all). Finally we all got a threatening email that any further use of reply all would result in a letter of reprimand from the director. Still, people are replying (to all) that we must stop hitting reply all. It's nuts.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
chemvictim wrote:Hilarity

There is a time and place for Bcc, and sending an email to a large group of people is one of them.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
mother wrote:There is a time and place for Bcc, and sending an email to a large group of people is one of them.

We are supposed to be the smart ones, with all the advanced degrees in chemistry and biotech, etc. Ha!

otolith

chemvictim wrote:We are supposed to be the smart ones, with all the advanced degrees in chemistry and biotech, etc. Ha!

All your schooling beat the common sense right out of ya!

--John Muir

otolith

kylemittskus wrote:Doc, I have no idea what any of this means, but maybe it's a good deal?

Thanks for the link! Will have to chat with SWMBO about this.

--John Muir

chipgreen

quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen
chemvictim wrote:We are supposed to be the smart ones, with all the advanced degrees in chemistry and biotech, etc. Ha!

My sister is a microbiologist and still hasn't figured out why all her emails are titled "No Subject".

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
otolith wrote:Thanks for the link! Will have to chat with SWMBO about this.

That is the same lens that I have as my primary. Only one I took to England. Rarely need the 75-300 lens. The 16GB card with the 18mp camera allows for a lot of photos.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bhodilee

otolith wrote:Thanks for the link! Will have to chat with SWMBO about this.

Similar deal (I think)

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
bhodilee wrote:Similar deal (I think)

This is with the 18-55 lens. Definitely recommend paying for the 18-135. A little more weight, etc. with the longer lens, but it will cover a greater percentage of your needs with the single lens. And at 18mp you have resolution to crop.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bhodilee

polarbear22 wrote:This is with the 18-55 lens. Definitely recommend paying for the 18-135. A little more weight, etc. with the longer lens, but it will cover a greater percentage of your needs with the single lens. And at 18mp you have resolution to crop.

i use the camera on my phone

rjquillin

Woe is me;
iPad-2 slid off headboard last night and landed on it's edge. Despite being in a case; crack.

Anyone done the glass replacement dance yet. Sharp fragments too. Looks intriguingly complex to get correct, or just toss $$$ at it instead of juice I need to forget it happened.

It does still function.

CT

bkarlan

rjquillin wrote:Woe is me;
iPad-2 slid off headboard last night and landed on it's edge. Despite being in a case; crack.

Anyone done the glass replacement dance yet. Sharp fragments too. Looks intriguingly complex to get correct, or just toss $$$ at it instead of juice I need to forget it happened.

It does still function.

In Albuquerque, price for front glass replacement was $100-$150. Kinda pricey considering what of can get the iPad 2 for coming up this weekend.

However if my iPhone went south, I would pay the money for them to fix it.

On a separate note, I AM IN CALI NOW. What a drive that last leg was. Sick kid and all. Ugh!!!

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

rjquillin

bkarlan wrote:In Albuquerque, price for front glass replacement was $100-$150. Kinda pricey considering what of can get the iPad 2 for coming up this weekend.

However if my iPhone went south, I would pay the money for them to fix it.

On a separate note, I AM IN CALI NOW. What a drive that last leg was. Sick kid and all. Ugh!!!

gonna be cheaper this weekend..?

Gimme a call to sort out the xfer.

CT

bkarlan

rjquillin wrote:gonna be cheaper this weekend..?

Gimme a call to sort out the xfer.

It was for 399 and it came with a $75 Walmart gift card. However if you go to Walmart for black Friday, you are better than me.

I sent you a few emails. You have my phone number now too. I am headed to bed right now. Completely worn out now. Check out my messages and let me know what you think. I will call you tomorrow morning.

kylemittskus

bkarlan wrote:It was for 399 and it came with a $75 Walmart gift card. However if you go to Walmart for black Friday, you are better than me.

I sent you a few emails. You have my phone number now too. I am headed to bed right now. Completely worn out now. Check out my messages and let me know what you think. I will call you tomorrow morning.

Is that price a door buster or is it all day?

rjquillin

bkarlan wrote:It was for 399 and it came with a $75 Walmart gift card. However if you go to Walmart for black Friday, you are better than me.

Had to dig back further than I realized, found 'em.

CT

bkarlan

kylemittskus wrote:Is that price a door buster or is it all day?

Hmmm, not too sure.

bkarlan

rjquillin wrote:Had to dig back further than I realized, found 'em.

Really. I just sent them right before posting, well the last one I did.

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 79 Private Messages PetiteSirah

Because your wife is Genetically Superior, just let me know and I'll send you some wine from my stock if you're running low.

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

rjquillin

bkarlan wrote:Really. I just sent them right before posting, well the last one I did.

PM

CT

MarkDaSpark

Onerous Massive Family Gathering. No Monkey or Big ol' Cornucopia again??? What is Woot coming to?

On the other hand, I ended up going in for 10 more crap items. Including the Key-ring Breathalyzer. Got a spare, if anyone wants one.

kylemittskus

PetiteSirah wrote:Because your wife is Genetically Superior, just let me know and I'll send you some wine from my stock if you're running low.

Dude, I'm the MOT.

Seriously, there is no doubt that I married WAY up.

cortot20

MarkDaSpark wrote:Onerous Massive Family Gathering. No Monkey or Big ol' Cornucopia again??? What is Woot coming to?

On the other hand, I ended up going in for 10 more crap items. Including the Key-ring Breathalyzer. Got a spare, if anyone wants one.

You know, they make this cool one that just hooks right up to your car. Why carry it with you everywhere when its always in your car.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:You know, they make this cool one that just hooks right up to your car. Why carry it with you everywhere when its always in your car.

Dude! MY drinking problem is that I'm not drinking enough, unlike yours. But glad they finally hooked it up in yours. It was embarassing at my Nephew's wedding, your antics.