12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1677 Private Messages Cesare

Expression 44° Pinot Noir Randomly Selected 2-Pack
$54.99 (Normally $114.85) 52% off List Price
This offer includes TWO of the following, selected at random.
2007 Expression 44° Pinot Noir Eola-Amity Hills
2007 Pinot Noir, Zena Crown Vineyard
2007 Pinot Noir, Roserock Vineyard
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

mandoo500

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mandoo500

sigh, i wish money grew on trees..

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

If I buy 3 will I get 2 of each?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
loveladyelectric wrote:If I buy 3 will I get 2 of each?

Statistically, yes.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

greyday

quality posts: 54 Private Messages greyday

Can only speak to the Roserock, which is a great wine. The 06 Willakia was excellent too. If my cellar wasn't overfilled I'd be all over this. If the price doesn't scare you off, go for it, never had a bad bottle of Expression Pinot...

youngfish

quality posts: 1 Private Messages youngfish

Description says it can be shipped to NJ but I can't place order.....woot bot, help!

dah7m

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dah7m

By all accounts these are very good wines.
Out of curiosity, has this winery fallen on hard times? We seem to be seeing a lot of them! Just clearing out some old inventory?

mgdsh

quality posts: 10 Private Messages mgdsh
dah7m wrote:By all accounts these are very good wines.
Out of curiosity, has this winery fallen on hard times? We seem to be seeing a lot of them! Just clearing out some old inventory?

I agree these are very good wines but their original price points are far too high.

For $65 a bottle, I'm really expecting higher end Pinot.

At $30 a bottle, I'm in.

Favorites: Corison/Helios Cabs/Cab Franc, TyCaton Cab/TyTaniun & Field Blend, Roessler Pinots, Krupp Verasion Synchrony, Kent Rasmussen PS & Titus Lot 1

takethefarmandrun

quality posts: 1 Private Messages takethefarmandrun
kylemittskus wrote:Statistically, yes.

Actually--and this comment applies to all WW offerings that are described as "randomly selected"--as the sample size [in this case, the number of 2-packs ordered with a max of 3] increases, the better the approximation to the normal. (My comments assume, among other things, that the central limit theorem applies: that whenever a random sample is taken from any discrete distribution with a mean and variance, then the sample mean will be approximately normally distributed.) Which begs the question--and challenges the tacit assumption many of us likely have made--how many of each wine have been allocated to the offering?

Certainly the Specs tab shows that substantially differing quantities were produced. Is WD & Co. willing to reveal the WW allotment?

Only when armed with this info can we then reasonably gauge what distribution we each will receive.

eluofthenine

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eluofthenine

Every time this wine comes up there is A: no winery participation, and B: nobody to hear my rants about how this wine is never offered to KS.

Seriously, I want some.

cortot20

quality posts: 159 Private Messages cortot20
eluofthenine wrote:Every time this wine comes up there is A: no winery participation, and B: nobody to hear my rants about how this wine is never offered to KS.

Seriously, I want some.

The first few offers from this winery a couple of years ago had tremendous winery participation, once they were well known it dropped off.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
eluofthenine wrote:Every time this wine comes up there is A: no winery participation, and B: nobody to hear my rants about how this wine is never offered to KS.

Seriously, I want some.

I think it's xppinotguy who is from this winery. Either way he's provided wealth of knowledge and fun. Personally I'm a fan of Expressions Wine thus far.

As for KS, it's usually a cost/benefit analysis that ends up having permissible states left off the list. Get in touch with your legislators to decrease the licensing and compliance costs and more wineries will ship there.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

ratnikov

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ratnikov

I've gotten hooked on Expression Pinot ever since my first shipment back in August 2010. Each time I have opened a bottle, I found it excellent with a variable, peculiar character (e.g. you may taste a little bit of a spice, and 15 minutes later it's gone).

Considering I only have one bottle left, In for three.