rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
chemvictim wrote:I'm going to try some sake tonight for the first time. I don't expect it's a fantabulous sake, just whatever we could find at the grocery store, but whatever. Looking forward to it. If I get any drunken-sake-inspiration (like a certain someone) I will post my insights here.

Oh, please get something good. GS store sake can easily be plonk, and you may get a horrible impression of what quality sake tastes like. And DON'T heat it, drink chilled!

[incorrigible electrons!]

CT

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
rjquillin wrote:Oh, please get something good. GS store sake can easily be plonk, and you may get a horrible impression of what quality sake tastes like. And DON'T heat it, drink chilled!

LOL! Well, it was purchased for cooking. It was not offensive, just kind of boring. Like a weak martini. I didn't find inspiration from it, but maybe next time I'll buy a nicer bottle and learn the meaning of life.

Cesare

quality posts: 1595 Private Messages Cesare

A surprise woot-off!
Let me know if you are looking for anything specific. Feel free to pm me a # I can send a txt to.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

Sure didn't see this one coming.
Best I just unplug from the inter-webs for a day or so.

CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
chemvictim wrote:I'm going to try some sake tonight for the first time. I don't expect it's a fantabulous sake, just whatever we could find at the grocery store, but whatever. Looking forward to it. If I get any drunken-sake-inspiration (like a certain someone) I will post my insights here.

You already feasted up. Whatever you could find at the grocery store likely isn't very good. Especially if it was under 12 bucks.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

rjquillin wrote:Oh, please get something good. GS store sake can easily be plonk, and you may get a horrible impression of what quality sake tastes like. And DON'T heat it, drink chilled!

+1

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bhodilee

chemvictim wrote:LOL! Well, it was purchased for cooking. It was not offensive, just kind of boring. Like a weak martini. I didn't find inspiration from it, but maybe next time I'll buy a nicer bottle and learn the meaning of life.

Get the SakeOne stuff. Excellent, excellent starter stuff (and just all around excellent regardless). It's easy to find (generally), is inexpensive and will teach you all you need to know about quality Sake. If you have a HuHot restaurant around you can get a flight of all their Momokawa line for like 6 bucks.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:We've never ever had the whole week before Thanksgiving off. It's just not done in New York state. The first day of Christmas break is also on the 22nd for us.

this is the first year for us. We normally get thurs. and fri. off. Then the last 2 years we got wed-fri off. So this is nice.