cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
tenuki wrote:People don't "come around" on the Internet . Would be funny to see sparky banned though wd would probably jump in with all the list sales :p



I guess I'm just too much of an optimist. I like to think that most people are reasonable if you take the time to patiently get an idea through their thick skulls. They'll come around!

Edit: Sparkilicious!!

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

mewalk707


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
MarkDaSpark wrote:As long as it's a good thing.

And maybe try for a relationship that lasts longer than One day?



You're such a buzz kill.

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
rjquillin wrote:Humm, gotta update that BIOS with something that's unobtainium to try to make it work?



seagate had a software workaround. The only BIOS update would not have solved my problem. I guess my workstation is 3 years old. Silly me for not upgrading. Very soon now, I will have all the infra-red photography for the state, which I will need to mosaic by county in MrSid format. Exciting I tells ya!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
cmaldoon wrote:I guess I'm just too much of an optimist. I like to think that most people are reasonable if you take the time to patiently get an idea through their thick skulls. They'll come around!

Edit: Sparkilicious!!



HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH*200030483485305708487039458039845

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
MarkDaSpark wrote:As long as it's a good thing.

And maybe try for a relationship that lasts longer than One day?



That was about the length of all my relationships until I met my wife. She was the only one I could stand to be around for longer than a few hours.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

tenuki


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
mewalk707 wrote:No worries. It's a good thing. And it's recent.

One day!



I only get to pet you for one day? boo!

CT

tenuki


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
bhodilee wrote:seagate had a software workaround. The only BIOS update would not have solved my problem. I guess my workstation is 3 years old. Silly me for not upgrading. Very soon now, I will have all the infra-red photography for the state, which I will need to mosaic by county in MrSid format. Exciting I tells ya!



My first thought was bowtie needs an intern. I immediately started feeling sorry for said hypothetical intern

CT

mewalk707


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
tenuki wrote:I only get to pet you for one day? boo!



Better make it good!

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
bhodilee wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH*200030483485305708487039458039845



I had the qualifier in there: Most. Meaning at least 50.01%

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

InFrom


quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
bhodilee wrote:That was about the length of all my relationships until I met my wife. She was the only one I could stand to be around for longer than a few hours.

Those are words you copied from a Hallmark card, aren't they?

chemvictim


quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
InFrom wrote:Those are words you copied from a Hallmark card, aren't they?



It's so romantic...I despise you less than all others, Dear One.

joelsisk


quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk

If anyone finds themselves in the Denver area on Black Friday, we're hosting an open house in honor of the new kiddo... there will be wine.

klezman


quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman
joelsisk wrote:If anyone finds themselves in the Denver area on Black Friday, we're hosting an open house in honor of the new kiddo... there will be wine.



Mazal tov!!!

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
cmaldoon wrote:I had the qualifier in there: Most. Meaning at least 50.01%



I stand by my previous HA

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
cmaldoon wrote:I guess I'm just too much of an optimist. I like to think that most people are reasonable if you take the time to patiently get an idea through their thick skulls. They'll come around!

Edit: Sparkilicious!!



your funny!!! I needed a good laugh this morning!!! (I used to believe that also, now I don't....)

bahwm


quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

I just found this on LivingSocial: Hôtel de Glace. We take the kids to see this place when we go on our Quebec trip--this year in March. It's a really neat place. It's really quite amazing how well the ice insulates from the cold. That being said, it is still very cold in there!




May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm


quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
joelsisk wrote:If anyone finds themselves in the Denver area on Black Friday, we're hosting an open house in honor of the new kiddo... there will be wine.


Wish . . .

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
joelsisk wrote:If anyone finds themselves in the Denver area on Black Friday, we're hosting an open house in honor of the new kiddo... there will be wine.



Would love to join you. Some day.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

cortot20


quality posts: 145 Private Messages cortot20

My wife has dealt with pretty severe hip pain, moderate back pain and now severe shoulder pain mostly on her right side for the last 5 years or so. All is made worse by our larger than average child who loves to be held.

My mother and family friend recommended a NUCCA style chiropractor. My wife did the initial consult. Which is free but now has her right and left brain doing battle since her heart says do it and head says this is a quack. My own BS o meter started going off when I read into it.

Has anyone here had any experience with this? I think insurance will cover roughly half of the cost of each visit which makes it seem like not quite as big of a of a waste if it doesn't work.

CT

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
otolith wrote:Would love to join you. Some day.


Would love to join you both some day. Denver and Minnesota. Gonna make it happen!

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Dinner tonight at a new wine bar that opened in our town of 9000. Great good, nice wine selection. Inexpensive wines, without too much mark-up that were well selected. Sat at the bar and spoke with the owner's husband.

They should do very well. A little slow getting the food out, but it was very busy and worth the wait.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

klezman


quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman

Covina Ikea sucked today. We went for 2 specific things, neither of which are in stock. We then tried to get a rug, which was also not in attendance this a.m. Grumble.

Now time to figure out what wine to have with our freshly made burgers!

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tiger7610


quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610
CAGrl wrote:Would love to join you both some day. Denver and Minnesota. Gonna make it happen!



And come back to Buffalo as well.

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
tiger7610 wrote:And come back to Buffalo as well.


One of these days we will be up that way.

bahwm


quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

Oh, what a night! Went to see "A Couple of Blaguards" by Frank McCourt at Irish Classical Theater Company. Rollicking good fun it was! Then, to Seabar for dinner. Spoke with Mike the owner who is psyched for our wine.woot group in January. Then, on to Coco's to hear a local band, whose leader I know, that was playing some French & New Orleans style music. Had a couple of drinks featuring absinthe and then, down the street about six or seven doors to a local wine bar where we had some port and cookies. Home safe and sound now. I love how ddeuddeg and I can go into vacation mode almost immediately these days! Too bad we have to work on Monday! Three day week you say? Yeah, but have you tried that with 7th graders????

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

klezman


quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman
klezman wrote:Covina Ikea sucked today. We went for 2 specific things, neither of which are in stock. We then tried to get a rug, which was also not in attendance this a.m. Grumble.

Now time to figure out what wine to have with our freshly made burgers!



And by Covina, I meant Carson. Too many quasi-cities in LA. Sheesh.

The wine was a 2007 Napa Syrah-Cab blend made by a friend from grad school. Delicious, and I'm rather impressed.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 183 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cortot20 wrote:My wife has dealt with pretty severe hip pain, moderate back pain and now severe shoulder pain mostly on her right side for the last 5 years or so. All is made worse by our larger than average child who loves to be held.

My mother and family friend recommended a NUCCA style chiropractor. My wife did the initial consult. Which is free but now has her right and left brain doing battle since her heart says do it and head says this is a quack. My own BS o meter started going off when I read into it.

Has anyone here had any experience with this? I think insurance will cover roughly half of the cost of each visit which makes it seem like not quite as big of a of a waste if it doesn't work.



Has anyone you know gone to him/her? What references do they provide?

As with any practitioner, check their references.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
cortot20 wrote:My wife has dealt with pretty severe hip pain, moderate back pain and now severe shoulder pain mostly on her right side for the last 5 years or so. All is made worse by our larger than average child who loves to be held.

My mother and family friend recommended a NUCCA style chiropractor. My wife did the initial consult. Which is free but now has her right and left brain doing battle since her heart says do it and head says this is a quack. My own BS o meter started going off when I read into it.

Has anyone here had any experience with this? I think insurance will cover roughly half of the cost of each visit which makes it seem like not quite as big of a of a waste if it doesn't work.



If the cost isn't outrageous after insurance you should try it. Chronic pain blows and if it works great, if not, worth the shot.

Unless they spin you a, oh this will take a year, 12 visits and 3 grand before it works spiel.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

cortot20


quality posts: 145 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:Has anyone you know gone to him/her? What references do they provide?

As with any practitioner, check their references.



My mom and a good family friend swear by it.

CT

cortot20


quality posts: 145 Private Messages cortot20
bhodilee wrote:If the cost isn't outrageous after insurance you should try it. Chronic pain blows and if it works great, if not, worth the shot.

Unless they spin you a, oh this will take a year, 12 visits and 3 grand before it works spiel.



The cost should be roughly $1000 for what amounts to 4 months worth of work after insurance. I'm not big on the idea but my wife noted immediate relief from some shoulder pain and a headache so who knows.

CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 183 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cortot20 wrote:The cost should be roughly $1000 for what amounts to 4 months worth of work after insurance. I'm not big on the idea but my wife noted immediate relief from some shoulder pain and a headache so who knows.



I would say try not to pay the whole thing up front, but month to month, and go for it. Especially if she got some relief immediately.

If it stops helping, then you can stop. But if it keeps helping, then continue.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
MarkDaSpark wrote:I would say try not to pay the whole thing up front, but month to month, and go for it. Especially if she got some relief immediately.

If it stops helping, then you can stop. But if it keeps helping, then continue.


Never thought I'd say this about Sparky, but there is wisdom in these words.

I'm not sure how an upper cervical adjustment will help the lower back, but what do I know? Chronic low back pain is a huge issue in this country (chronic pain and chronic narcotic use are as well, but that's another story).

You may want to ask your insurance carrier what options are out there. There may be a Physicians Neck and Back Clinic (the name of one of the local clinics where I live) that deals with non surgical options (possibly injections or physical therapy to work on strengthening the lower back), that may just cost a copay.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 183 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
otolith wrote:Never thought I'd say this about Sparky, but there is wisdom in these words.

I'm not sure how an upper cervical adjustment will help the lower back, but what do I know? Chronic low back pain is a huge issue in this country (chronic pain and chronic narcotic use are as well, but that's another story).

You may want to ask your insurance carrier what options are out there. There may be a Physicians Neck and Back Clinic (the name of one of the local clinics where I live) that deals with non surgical options (possibly injections or physical therapy to work on strengthening the lower back), that may just cost a copay.






From my quick read, they believe that some of lower back pain is due to the upper neck area not being aligned correctly. So by aligning the neck area, it helps alleviate lower back pain.

IMO, you go with what works/helps. So if it helps, good. If it doesn't, move on to the next potential remedy.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cortot20


quality posts: 145 Private Messages cortot20

Thanks for your thoughts guys. I think she's going to do it but not prepay for it. Should be interesting.

CT

klezman


quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman
cortot20 wrote:Thanks for your thoughts guys. I think she's going to do it but not prepay for it. Should be interesting.



Small word of caution - I'm going to channel my father the doctor for a second. Chiropractors don't actually heal anything, but they definitely can make you feel better. There's a risk of becoming dependent on one of those practitioners to keep feeling good. It seems like you've done your research, so go for it, just know these risks are there.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
cortot20 wrote:My wife has dealt with pretty severe hip pain, moderate back pain and now severe shoulder pain mostly on her right side for the last 5 years or so. All is made worse by our larger than average child who loves to be held.

My mother and family friend recommended a NUCCA style chiropractor. My wife did the initial consult. Which is free but now has her right and left brain doing battle since her heart says do it and head says this is a quack. My own BS o meter started going off when I read into it.

Has anyone here had any experience with this? I think insurance will cover roughly half of the cost of each visit which makes it seem like not quite as big of a of a waste if it doesn't work.



What does NUCCA style mean? I go to a chiropractor regularly. and Have been for about 5 years. I can honestly say I was skeptical, but now don't know how I could survive without going to her. To be pain free is AMAZING!! Yes, the first month is hard because you have to go 3x a week. then2x a week,then1x a week.. but it IS worth it!!! I had to pay out of pocket as insurance only covers so many visits per year... so if you can find a good chiropractor.. its worth it!!

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Oh, what a night! Went to see "A Couple of Blaguards" by Frank McCourt at Irish Classical Theater Company. Rollicking good fun it was! Then, to Seabar for dinner. Spoke with Mike the owner who is psyched for our wine.woot group in January. Then, on to Coco's to hear a local band, whose leader I know, that was playing some French & New Orleans style music. Had a couple of drinks featuring absinthe and then, down the street about six or seven doors to a local wine bar where we had some port and cookies. Home safe and sound now. I love how ddeuddeg and I can go into vacation mode almost immediately these days! Too bad we have to work on Monday! Three day week you say? Yeah, but have you tried that with 7th graders????



sorry you have to work Monday! This is our first year, we get the whole week off!! Granted our christmas break starts the 22 this year....

bahwm


quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:sorry you have to work Monday! This is our first year, we get the whole week off!! Granted our christmas break starts the 22 this year....


We've never ever had the whole week before Thanksgiving off. It's just not done in New York state. The first day of Christmas break is also on the 22nd for us.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cortot20


quality posts: 145 Private Messages cortot20
mommadeb1 wrote:What does NUCCA style mean? I go to a chiropractor regularly. and Have been for about 5 years. I can honestly say I was skeptical, but now don't know how I could survive without going to her. To be pain free is AMAZING!! Yes, the first month is hard because you have to go 3x a week. then2x a week,then1x a week.. but it IS worth it!!! I had to pay out of pocket as insurance only covers so many visits per year... so if you can find a good chiropractor.. its worth it!!



NUCCA is a kind of chiropractic, that focuses on the upper spine mostly the neck and uses very minimalist techniques to correct the alignment in your upper spine and thus helps to straighten out your entire back. Look it up, it's rather strange. One of the big things is hip alignment. They check for hip displacement as a primary indicator of spine misalignment.

CT

chemvictim


quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

I'm going to try some sake tonight for the first time. I don't expect it's a fantabulous sake, just whatever we could find at the grocery store, but whatever. Looking forward to it. If I get any drunken-sake-inspiration (like a certain someone) I will post my insights here.