mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
CAGrl wrote:I would really like the mods to remove the stupid shipping questions/whinings/"suggestions" from all these wishboneic people on the main site. It really makes me not want to read the forum and it really overtakes the discussion. Can people just get over it??? Okay. Rant over.

agreed!! can't they make their own thread? So those who want to complain can and leave the rest of us alone?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

CAGrl wrote:I would really like the mods to remove the stupid shipping questions/whinings/"suggestions" from all these wishboneic people on the main site. It really makes me not want to read the forum and it really overtakes the discussion. Can people just get over it??? Okay. Rant over.

Which thread? The cheese? I put a note in his post to include shipping when comparing. I'm hoping that will stop some of the replies.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
bahwm wrote:I know Doc (insert whiny voice), but I don't like the way it feels. However, I will give it another try next time I get sick like that.

You may find adding white Karo corn syrup to your saline mixture will help. No kidding, btw.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:Not stuffy, but congested chest if I don't use the Mucinex in time.

And those using the neti pots, remember you have to be careful with the water, IIRC.

Got it.

Tap water is ok. There were a couple cases of an amoebic infection in LA (the state), when people used untreated water, IIRC. If you're concerned, boil the water first and then let it cool before use. : )

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:What are you talking about??? I still have plenty!

Edit: Kyle, the Troll (ghyo1) is back whining about pricing again on the main thread. I thought he/she was leaving Woot forever?

He's only a troll as you allow him to be. Just ignore him, or try to take a higher road and be nice to him when responding to him. You should get a different response...

--John Muir

otolith

joelsisk wrote:Did you all see this? 10000 bottles of wine in the house, 10000 bottles of wine...

Must be where Rudy K kept his stash...

--John Muir

otolith

Amen! Wait, what is this "main site" you talk about?

--John Muir

otolith

mommadeb1 wrote:I have been using the nasal rinse!!!! I'm not congested per say....I can breath, I just can't stop coughing and I sound like Bea Arthur!!!

Are you sure you don't have cough variant asthma?

And Bowtie is correct, in that you probably do have some irritative drainage.

--John Muir

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
otolith wrote:Are you sure you don't have cough variant asthma?

That means you should hire me and I'll pretend to be you. We look nothing alike, but I'm good at BS. NO one will know!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mommadeb1

otolith wrote:Are you sure you don't have cough variant asthma?

thanks, I think there is a bit of drainage, just not like I'm used to. Seems like this time every year I come down with an upper respiratory infection... prob all the little children "sharing" their lovely germs with me!! I thought I was better today.. but end still woke up with the horrible cough... Might have to break down and go in to see my Dr. thanks!

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mewalk707 wrote:Mill's secret hideout?

Ooh, forgot about his stash. It has to be greater than mine!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

mewalk707 wrote:Mill's secret hideout?

Are you and your plus one joining us for D&D or the weekend after next year??? The threads are created.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:No, I didn't realize that Inky's post was a "warning" to cease & desist.

You're kidding, right? What other possible interpretation was there?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:You're kidding, right? What other possible interpretation was there?

I don't hang out there a lot, and I just thought it was a warning not to call him (the troll) names.

I thought I could still defend myself (since the post before her's was saying I was the troll).

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Perhaps we need a standardized inkycatz system:

Proceed with caution cat: Peeking in as questionable thread derailing behavior may occur. Don't go there, back the truck up, don't make us turn this thread around.

Random happy cat because the thread needs one.

If it's Monday, there might be sightings of...

Wait, that's not a cat.

And if the situation is entirely dire, perhaps we can break out with a...

Okay, maybe not that one.

Of course, suggestions are entirely welcome. We try not to intrude when we can help it and all.

I'm just hanging out, really.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Well, I like the fact that the mods dont just completely edit out posts. They let the community police itself for the most part and only come in when things need real help. Heavy censoring is the quickest way to kill the community atmosphere here. I think we can all put on our patient hats and deal with the slow folks who are still catching up to the current WW modus operandi. In a few months they should all come around.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin

I've got too much inventory, too little storage space and need some help on the consumption side.

My storage locker manager just called and expanded me into a vacant locker, my forth, as there were too many boxes cluttering the isle.

Do I hear any interest for a San Diego event?

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:I've got too much inventory, too little storage space and need some help on the consumption side.

My storage locker manager just called and expanded me into a vacant locker, my forth, as there were too many boxes cluttering the isle.

Sure. Or you could rent space with us.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
cmaldoon wrote:Well, I like the fact that the mods dont just completely edit out posts. They let the community police itself for the most part and only come in when things need real help. Heavy censoring is the quickest way to kill the community atmosphere here. I think we can all put on our patient hats and deal with the slow folks who are still catching up to the current WW modus operandi. In a few months they should all come around.

People don't "come around" on the Internet . Would be funny to see sparky banned though wd would probably jump in with all the list sales :p

CT

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:People don't "come around" on the Internet . Would be funny to see sparky banned though wd would probably jump in with all the list sales :p

Jump in with all the list sales????

And here we thought drunken bowtie was amusing!

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
MarkDaSpark wrote:Jump in with all the list sales????

And here we thought drunken bowtie was amusing!

Apparently I misplaced an o in the dirty martini

CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

woopdedoo, wkdpanda, TimB, otolith - check your PMs.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
rjquillin wrote:I've got too much inventory, too little storage space and need some help on the consumption side.

Looking at your CT, you are almost in Sparky territory. You both should just take a month off work and make drinking your full-time job.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

inkycatz

tenuki wrote:Apparently I misplaced an o in the dirty martini

Hate when that happens!

It's Friday. What's up this weekend?

North316

inkycatz wrote:Hate when that happens!

It's Friday. What's up this weekend?

The start of 9 days off work and the classy combination of video games and wine drinking.

My CT

inkycatz

North316 wrote:The start of 9 days off work and the classy combination of video games and wine drinking.

Whatcha playing?

I only get four days off for the holiday. Next Friday isn't an official holiday, but I had some vacation time so I figured why not.

Haven't decided what to do yet.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
North316 wrote:The start of 9 days off work and the classy combination of video games and wine drinking.

That sounds like fun!

North316

inkycatz wrote:Whatcha playing?

I only get four days off for the holiday. Next Friday isn't an official holiday, but I had some vacation time so I figured why not.

Haven't decided what to do yet.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II, of course.

My CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

For the love of Pete, had I known it was going to be a Fiasco to install a 3TB drive, I"d have bought 2 2TB drives instead!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
bhodilee wrote:For the love of Pete, had I known it was going to be a Fiasco to install a 3TB drive, I"d have bought 2 2TB drives instead!

Humm, gotta update that BIOS with something that's unobtainium to try to make it work?

CT

mewalk707

MarkDaSpark wrote:Are you and your plus one joining us for D&D or the weekend after next year??? The threads are created.

What is this plus one you speak of?

I will probably join you guys for one day... i'm waiting to see what wineries you guys settle on to see which day

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:For the love of Pete, had I known it was going to be a Fiasco to install a 3TB drive, I"d have bought 2 2TB drives instead!

Is that the new GM Car? The GM Fiasco?

MarkDaSpark

mewalk707 wrote:What is this plus one you speak of?

I will probably join you guys for one day... i'm waiting to see what wineries you guys settle on to see which day

Oops. Let's just say it's been a while since I peeked at your FB page. Sorry about that.

Only one day?

mommadeb1

well, my order from Last Bottle showed up today..... good thing it is in a Styrofoam box.... that way I can store it in my closet until I have room in my wine fridge!! I thought I had picked out 12 bottles.. but, I guess, not... only 11!! between this order and the one from WTSO, I have no more room... but is that stopping me? nope... now I have to explain to hubby why in 1 week 30 bottles of wine showed up!!! I did plan this all out when I ordered them in the summer... Gave different shipping dates, so they all didn't show up at once. The weather didn't cooperate (to Hot) so I changed the shipping dates (twice) and as luck would have it, they all showed up the same week.... oh well, as my family says, I'm not addicted to drinking wine, I'm addicted to buying wine!! Ha Ha ha!!Happy Friday!!

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
mommadeb1 wrote:I'm not addicted to drinking wine, I'm addicted to buying wine!! Ha Ha ha!!Happy Friday!!

My g/f was kinda insinuating that I have a similar problem. I think it is a common one around these parts. Wine buyers anonymous anyone?

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

mommadeb1

cmaldoon wrote:My g/f was kinda insinuating that I have a similar problem. I think it is a common one around these parts. Wine buyers anonymous anyone?

how bout wine enablers anonymous?

mewalk707

MarkDaSpark wrote:Oops. Let's just say it's been a while since I peeked at your FB page. Sorry about that.

Only one day?

No worries. It's a good thing. And it's recent.

One day!

MarkDaSpark

cmaldoon wrote:My g/f was kinda insinuating that I have a similar problem. I think it is a common one around these parts. Wine buyers anonymous anyone?

mommadeb1 wrote:how bout wine enablers anonymous?

You might be a Wine.Woot Addict ... if your wine storage facility moves your boxes out of the aisle into an empty locker for you.

Right RjQ?

Edit: Almost forgot all about that thread.

MarkDaSpark

mewalk707 wrote:No worries. It's a good thing. And it's recent.

One day!

As long as it's a good thing.

And maybe try for a relationship that lasts longer than One day?