PetiteSirah

quality posts: 78 Private Messages PetiteSirah

(With apologies to Public Enemy, I'm VERY proud of this title)

PoSt away, folks!

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

Don't Touch Me.

Brak is my absolute favorite.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of November 11th.

November
11/23: MN#?: Black Friday Retreat

12/8: SoCal #23: Housewarming at Chez Klez(man) (West LA/Culver City)

January 2013
1/19: Austin #1
1/26 - 1/27: Buffalo/WNY #10: Ice Wine Festival (Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada)

February 2013
2/22: 2013 Dark & Delicious (Alameda, CA)
2/23 - 2/25: 2013 D&D Napa/Sonoma Weekend

Pending
TBD: NorCal: Volcanic Terroir and/or Eastern European Finds
TBD: NorCal: Wheelbarrow o' Wine
TBD: Dallas #11
TBD: Arizona Verde Valley Winery Weekend

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

I HIGHLY approve of the pub title this week. I would say top five title ever.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny

Just wanted to say to karenhynes and jmdavidson that it was nice seeing you both
at the grand tasting yesterday. Hope you didn't break the bank, I tried to purchase only limited release wines since I did such damage the week before.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

karenhynes

quality posts: 10 Private Messages karenhynes
funbunny wrote:Just wanted to say to karenhynes and jmdavidson that it was nice seeing you both
at the grand tasting yesterday. Hope you didn't break the bank, I tried to purchase only limited release wines since I did such damage the week before.

Yesterday was much fun!

I was far more well behaved in ordering this time around (limited myself to a case). You can probably guess which wine I ordered the most of.

PS: Check out the Plus listing "Autumn Whites" (and thanks jmdavidson for pointing me to it). Now I just need to go find my notes....

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:I HIGHLY approve of the pub title this week. I would say top five title ever.

I would disagree about the top five.

The title should be recognizable to all, and not need Google to figure it out for Top Five contention.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:I would disagree about the top five.

The title should be recognizable to all, and not need Google to figure it out for Top Five contention.

Or maybe you shouldn't be so old

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:Or maybe you shouldn't be so old

Or maybe you emulated Cornholio too much as a youngster?

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
PetiteSirah wrote:(With apologies to Public Enemy, I'm VERY proud of this title)

PoSt away, folks!

I'm slightly disappointed you didn't add the "a"...

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 27 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:I would disagree about the top five.

He did say "I would say..." He didn't say he needed Google to figure it out. YMMV.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:He did say "I would say..." He didn't say he needed Google to figure it out. YMMV.

He didn't, I did. Don't you have an empty box to pack?

Edit: Note that I grew up with Space Ghost, and my son was more into Pokemon & Ghostbusters than Cartoon Planet.

bhodilee

bhodilee wrote:I HIGHLY approve of the pub title this week. I would say top five title ever.

As you can plainly see, I did in fact add the qualifier, I would say. Ddog is assuredly correct. Now you owe me unfettered access to your wine locker for a period not less than two minutes.

MarkDaSpark

Attention PolarBear ... did someone raid your sock drawer?

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:He didn't, I did. Don't you have an empty box to pack?

Yeah, and leaves to rake, and a lawn that needs a final mowing before winter (another concept foreign to you, I know). I'm off.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:As you can plainly see, I did in fact add the qualifier, I would say. Ddog is assuredly correct. Now you owe me unfettered access to your wine locker for a period not less than two minutes.

Reading Comprehension is right.

I said "I would disagree about the top five."

would being the operative word.

You both get two minutes access to my neighbor's trash.

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Yeah, and leaves to rake, and a lawn that needs a final mowing before winter (another concept foreign to you, I know). I'm off.

No, we get Winter. It's when we have to start wearing long pants and long sleeve shirts instead of shorts and tank tops. Brrr. 62°!!!

Although we do allow pretty young things to wear bikinis while skiing.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

For all you shirt.woot people (I know ddawg and bahwm are) in case you didn't notice, you can now order basically any t-shirt ever featured on woot. They will be digitally printed (don't ask me the difference between that and silk-screened) and it looks like anything not current (daily deal, top 20 or Plus!) is $18, which is a little steep to me, but I guess is a small price to pay for that perfect shirt you missed 4 years ago.

Linky

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

funbunny

karenhynes wrote:Yesterday was much fun!

I was far more well behaved in ordering this time around (limited myself to a case). You can probably guess which wine I ordered the most of.

PS: Check out the Plus listing "Autumn Whites" (and thanks jmdavidson for pointing me to it). Now I just need to go find my notes....

Hee Hee, I saw that this morning and thought of you. I'm guessing there is an order in for the Roussanne. I was going to ask if you want to split? If so, let me know.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
MarkDaSpark wrote:Attention PolarBear ... did someone raid your sock drawer?

Bright enough, but my bike socks all have images, not just color. I was hoping they were offering "socks of flame".

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

funbunny

North316 wrote:For all you shirt.woot people (I know ddawg and bahwm are) in case you didn't notice, you can now order basically any t-shirt ever featured on woot. They will be digitally printed (don't ask me the difference between that and silk-screened) and it looks like anything not current (daily deal, top 20 or Plus!) is $18, which is a little steep to me, but I guess is a small price to pay for that perfect shirt you missed 4 years ago.

Linky

Digital printing is almost like an ink jet process. I had some made by a local company in chicago for my husband's band. The colors are beautiful on white and it get imbedded into the fabric instead of sitting on top like silk screen. I had the band's shirts printed on an athletic grey which gives it a distressed look. It gets tricky with darker color shirts, they have to put down a white background like silkscreen first. What is great is that you can print on demand, no set up, nothing. Shirts are the same price for one or a couple hundred.

Edit: Just bought hubbie wizard magic party! I missed it by a day last time.

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:No, we get Winter. It's when we have to start wearing long pants and long sleeve shirts instead of shorts and tank tops. Brrr. 62°!!!

Although we do allow pretty young things to wear bikinis while skiing.

Current Buffalo temperature @ 3:17 PM is 68 degrees!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

bahwm wrote:Current Buffalo temperature @ 3:17 PM is 68 degrees!

That was then! Cold front came through and an hour later we're down to 52 degrees!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
bahwm wrote:That was then! Cold front came through and an hour later we're down to 52 degrees!

We had 70 and tornadoes on Saturday, followed by 30 and snow flurries on Sunday!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:That was then! Cold front came through and an hour later we're down to 52 degrees!

I guess you don't want to know it was 83 today?!

ddeuddeg

otolith wrote:We had 70 and tornadoes on Saturday, followed by 30 and snow flurries on Sunday!

Gotta love living in the Twin Cities. We don't get tornadoes much in Buffalo, but there is the occasional snow flurry.

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Current Buffalo temperature @ 3:17 PM is 68 degrees!

Well, technically it was 66°, but I wanted to make it seem colder.

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
North316 wrote:For all you shirt.woot people (I know ddawg and bahwm are) in case you didn't notice, you can now order basically any t-shirt ever featured on woot. They will be digitally printed (don't ask me the difference between that and silk-screened) and it looks like anything not current (daily deal, top 20 or Plus!) is $18, which is a little steep to me, but I guess is a small price to pay for that perfect shirt you missed 4 years ago.

Linky

Only if it's back on American Apparel, otherwise I don't even look at that site any more.

MarkDaSpark

RJQ ... responded to your PM.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
mommadeb1 wrote:I guess you don't want to know it was 83 today?!

Not a problem. Too hot. Balmy 60 last night when I got home, after sunset. Outside without a shirt for a little while and it was quite comfortable.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mommadeb1

this sucks!! I'm sick!! grrr. I couldn't stop coughing last night. Had some cointreau which helped. This morning I broke down and took the heavy duty prescription cough med. now I don't know if I should go back to bed or try to get into the dr. I have too much to do before company arrives next week. I tried to pressure wash my porch, pressure washer is acting up... grrrrrr.... not what I need right now... I am now 2 days behind where I wanted to be in getting things done....

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:this sucks!! I'm sick!! grrr. I couldn't stop coughing last night. Had some cointreau which helped. This morning I broke down and took the heavy duty prescription cough med. now I don't know if I should go back to bed or try to get into the dr. I have too much to do before company arrives next week. I tried to pressure wash my porch, pressure washer is acting up... grrrrrr.... not what I need right now... I am now 2 days behind where I wanted to be in getting things done....

Are you a Woman? Or a Man?

Edit: Past few years, as soon as I start getting a cold, I start taking Mucinex. It's helped where it doesn't get into my chest and make me look like the man above. Probably won't help at this point, but maybe in the future.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
MarkDaSpark wrote:Edit: Past few years, as soon as I start getting a cold, I start taking Mucinex. It's helped where it doesn't get into my chest and make me look like the man above. Probably won't help at this point, but maybe in the future.

I've kinda just given up on otc cold meds and just drink hot toddies :P Either way I'm sick but at least one of them is more enjoyable.

CT

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
tenuki wrote:I've kinda just given up on otc cold meds and just drink hot toddies :P Either way I'm sick but at least one of them is more enjoyable.

Aw, feel better soon.
(I'm a Mucinex person or just tough it out sort too. Seems to be about the only thing that works.)

I'm just hanging out, really.

joelsisk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:this sucks!! I'm sick!! grrr. I couldn't stop coughing last night. Had some cointreau which helped. This morning I broke down and took the heavy duty prescription cough med. now I don't know if I should go back to bed or try to get into the dr. I have too much to do before company arrives next week. I tried to pressure wash my porch, pressure washer is acting up... grrrrrr.... not what I need right now... I am now 2 days behind where I wanted to be in getting things done....

So sorry. I do the Mucinex thing too. Also, the netti pot helps me and drinking LOTS of water. Stuffy nose at night? Slather some Vicks on the soles of your feet and put on some socks. Let those vapors work their magic! Feel better soon!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
tenuki wrote:I've kinda just given up on otc cold meds and just drink hot toddies :P Either way I'm sick but at least one of them is more enjoyable.

I have taken the same approach.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

How many times do I have to tell you guys that when you get a cold and all stuffy, to hit the bottle of AFRIN?!?! Let it work it's magic, then follow it a 1/2 hour later with the neti pot or saline rinses to flush it out. It's what the pros do and what we tell our patients, but, if you want to suffer, go ahead. : )

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:

Are you a Woman? Or a Man?

Edit: Past few years, as soon as I start getting a cold, I start taking Mucinex. It's helped where it doesn't get into my chest and make me look like the man above. Probably won't help at this point, but maybe in the future.

Ha Ha! I need to show this to mr. mommadeb!!!!

mommadeb1

otolith wrote:How many times do I have to tell you guys that when you get a cold and all stuffy, to hit the bottle of AFRIN?!?! Let it work it's magic, then follow it a 1/2 hour later with the neti pot or saline rinses to flush it out. It's what the pros do and what we tell our patients, but, if you want to suffer, go ahead. : )

I have been using the nasal rinse!!!! I'm not congested per say....I can breath, I just can't stop coughing and I sound like Bea Arthur!!!