$64.99 (Normally $125.55) 48% off List Price
2008 Enos Girasole, Dry Creek Valley and Chalk Hill
CT link above

Winery website

Brack Mountain website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

Can someone tell me the blend? The mobile site is worthless.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:Can someone tell me the blend? The mobile site is worthless.

Varietal: 45% Cabernet Sauvignon, 55% Sangiovese
Harvest Dates: Sangiovese- October 21st, Cabernet- September 8th & October 15th, 2008

CT

kylemittskus

rjquillin wrote:Varietal: 45% Cabernet Sauvignon, 55% Sangiovese
Harvest Dates: Sangiovese- October 21st, Cabernet- September 8th & October 15th, 2008

Are there numbers? I need numbers!

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:Are there numbers? I need numbers!

geeze, patience grasshopper

Winemaker: Dan Fitzgerald
Yeast: Sangiovese: Brunello, Cabernet: Proprietary
Cooperage & Aging: The wines were aged for 19 months, the Cabernet in 50% new French oak, the Sangiovese in 100% neutral French oak.
Bottling: May 2010
Production: 840 cases
pH: 3.62
TA:.69
Alcohol: 14.2%

The Cabernet was fermented in two lots. Both were hand sorted and destemmed only, then cold soaked for 5 days. After a long extended maceration, the wine was gently pressed off to barrel. The wine was on the skins for a total of 45 days. The Sangiovese was hand sorted, destemmed only, then cold soaked for 7 days before inoculation with a Brunello yeast strain. The wine was gently pressed off prior to dryness to preserve fruit and softer tannins.

CT

kylemittskus

This is fun. It's like live google.

Ali, give us your pitch, but don't talk to us like those Whole Foods snobs. We're wine snobs!

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

This is another wine we tasted at the Hallowoot tasting and as I recall also one that has a connection with TexicaliAli

My notes: the bottle had been opened roughly 4 hours before we tasted it on request of the winery, it is apparently helped by significant air time at this age.

Nose: berries and earth. Hints of olive and smoke

Palate: deep berries, good earth, good acid.

This was a pretty tasty wine that would pair well with food given its earthy and acidic natures. I noted down a $15 price point that would make me happy and this is pretty much right there.

Enjoyable and more than just Tuesday night wine

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

texacaliali

quality posts: 136 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

kylemittskus wrote:This is fun. It's like live google.

Ali, give us your pitch, but don't talk to us like those Whole Foods snobs. We're wine snobs!

ohhh yeahh! we truly wanted to start off our "Woot Relationship" with a magical one, of all the wines this is the red wine that remains open at my house throughout the week and draws me in for a glass each night.

For now, I'm going to (try) and hang back and let those who've tasted this beauty comment...oh and am certainly looking forward to the winemaker and Jason Enos logging in too!

PS: here's the Brack Mountain Winery Website (Enos Vineyards website is relaunching soon too). http://brackmountainwine.com/

WineDavid was my Boss!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of November 11th.

November
11/23: MN#?: Black Friday Retreat

12/8: SoCal #23: Housewarming at Chez Klez(man) (West LA/Culver City)

January 2013
1/19: Austin #1
1/26 - 1/27: Buffalo/WNY #10: Ice Wine Festival (Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada)

February 2013
2/22: 2013 Dark & Delicious (Alameda, CA)
2/23 - 2/25: 2013 D&D Napa/Sonoma Weekend

Pending
TBD: NorCal: Volcanic Terroir and/or Eastern European Finds
TBD: NorCal: Wheelbarrow o' Wine
TBD: Dallas #11
TBD: Arizona Verde Valley Winery Weekend

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
rjquillin wrote:geeze, patience grasshopper

Winemaker: Dan Fitzgerald
Yeast: Sangiovese: Brunello, Cabernet: Proprietary
Cooperage & Aging: The wines were aged for 19 months, the Cabernet in 50% new French oak, the Sangiovese in 100% neutral French oak.
Bottling: May 2010
Production: 840 cases
pH: 3.62
TA:.69
Alcohol: 14.2%

The Cabernet was fermented in two lots. Both were hand sorted and destemmed only, then cold soaked for 5 days. After a long extended maceration, the wine was gently pressed off to barrel. The wine was on the skins for a total of 45 days. The Sangiovese was hand sorted, destemmed only, then cold soaked for 7 days before inoculation with a Brunello yeast strain. The wine was gently pressed off prior to dryness to preserve fruit and softer tannins.

And????

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

danbrkmtn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages danbrkmtn

Hi guys, Dan with Brack Mountain here. If you have any questions... Now's the time!

texacaliali

Guest Blogger

danbrkmtn wrote:Hi guys, Dan with Brack Mountain here. If you have any questions... Now's the time!

Good Evening From Chicago Dan!

WineDavid was my Boss!

danbrkmtn

texacaliali wrote:Good Evening From Chicago Dan!

Hi Ali!

texacaliali

Guest Blogger

danbrkmtn wrote:Hi Ali!

whew, it's late for me. would love to hear what's happening at the winery post-crush at some point tomorrow...oh and thanks for leaving the Vintners Voicemail...a good one folks!

WineDavid was my Boss!

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27

I found this wine to be fruit-forward, ripe and super juicy, but was surprised at how much tannin was showing; even after being open for 4 hours. Unfortunately, my notes on this wine were not very detailed... I'd definitely recommend laying these down for a few years to mellow out or, if you can't wait, decant for a few hours before serving.

pinotfile

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinotfile

This wine sounds like the U.S. version of a Super Tuscan, yes?

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951
pinotfile wrote:This wine sounds like the U.S. version of a Super Tuscan, yes?

Vintner's voicemail calls it a super Tuscan style wine.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

I noticed WW now breaks down the list price under the specs tab. THANK YOU Wine David for doing so. I am sure I speak for a good number of loyal wine wooters.

"The older I get the better I was"

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
losthighwayz wrote:I noticed WW now breaks down the list price under the specs tab. THANK YOU Wine David for doing so. I am sure I speak for a good number of loyal wine wooters.

Hadn't noticed that, I like it as well. Much better. Showing the breakdown is much clearer and a fairer representation of the list price.

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
losthighwayz wrote:I noticed WW now breaks down the list price under the specs tab. THANK YOU Wine David for doing so. I am sure I speak for a good number of loyal wine wooters.

Yay! No more debates or posts about that now. Next big issue is virginia

Neal K Bharadwaj

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866

Yes, WD...I like the new FULL DISCLOSURE of all of the details...Thanks much for doing this!

kylemittskus

Ali/Dan: AJ says tannins and time. What are your thoughts on cellaring this wine?

texacaliali

Guest Blogger

So a snapshot of my woot wine closet - it's stuffed with Pellegrini (you've tasted Dan's wines before if you've bought Pellegrini), Porter Bass, Davis Family, Meeker, Broc Cellars, Tahllulah, Inspiration, Esterlina, Artadi, Pacific Rim, Corison, Tercero, Jem Rose, Wellington, Bernardus, Keller Estate, Denier Handal, Hawley, Jelly jar, Woodenhead, Meyer Family, Old World Winery...the ENOS Girasole fits in oh so nicely.

WineDavid was my Boss!

texacaliali

Guest Blogger

kylemittskus wrote:Ali/Dan: AJ says tannins and time. What are your thoughts on cellaring this wine?

Morning! I'll let Dan pipe in when he gets to the winery soon on the 2008.

A few months ago, I made a mistake and pulled out a 2006 Girasole from our library in the winecave, poured it for an account without realizing until I tasted a sip - it was brilliant!

After a double-take, I noticed the 2006 on the bottle - the oak on the nose was gone and the wine was singing like a well-aged cabernet with nice amounts of fresh sangiovese fruit and polished spice flavors - and an incredibly long finish.

I batted 1000 that day with my buyers...so very excited about the age-ability of the 2008.

WineDavid was my Boss!

rtovar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rtovar

What? No more shipping of woot wine to the blue State of Virginia? Anyone know why??

-Roger

slm9951

Go over to the World of Wine Woot and there is a thread about it! And wine david is supposed to be working on a solution.

rtovar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rtovar
nealkb wrote:Yay! No more debates or posts about that now. Next big issue is virginia

--Yeah, why is wine not being shipped to Virginia?? I'd bought a few cases of the "draculas blood" back in Oct...not bad and a notch better than Trader Joes "2 buck chuck"

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rtovar wrote:--Yeah, why is wine not being shipped to Virginia?? I'd bought a few cases of the "draculas blood" back in Oct...not bad and a notch better than Trader Joes "2 buck chuck"

As mentioned above, there's an entire thread devoted to this topic.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen
ThunderThighs wrote:As mentioned above, there's an entire thread devoted to this topic.

TT, I love your ever-changing "uniforms"!

texacaliali

Guest Blogger

just got a text from Dan, he's been moving barrels all morning and will log back in soon. it's been a HUGE and Fabulous Harvest and the winery is 110% packed these days with 2012 juice.

WineDavid was my Boss!

danbrkmtn

kylemittskus wrote:Ali/Dan: AJ says tannins and time. What are your thoughts on cellaring this wine?

Sorry, had a busy morning prepping barrels. We are putting our new 2012 wines down to barrel like crazy right now...
I noticed a few comments on tannin and age ability. Yes, I would absolutely recommend laying this wine down. It will reward the patient! I am really enjoying it right now though. I love wines with good structure. We eat a lot of Italian food at home so this is a good fit.

slm9951

danbrkmtn wrote:Sorry, had a busy morning prepping barrels. We are putting our new 2012 wines down to barrel like crazy right now...
I noticed a few comments on tannin and age ability. Yes, I would absolutely recommend laying this wine down. It will reward the patient! I am really enjoying it right now though. I love wines with good structure. We eat a lot of Italian food at home so this is a good fit.

Hi Dan, Sounds like a delicious wine. I enjoyed your voicemail Never had this blend before and sounds like my kind of wine. I am a Va wooter so none for me today but will watch for you in the future. Glad for your terrific harvest.

danbrkmtn

slm9951 wrote:Hi Dan, Sounds like a delicious wine. I enjoyed your voicemail Never had this blend before and sounds like my kind of wine. I am a Va wooter so none for me today but will watch for you in the future. Glad for your terrific harvest.

Thanks!

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

ajrod27 wrote:I found this wine to be fruit-forward, ripe and super juicy, but was surprised at how much tannin was showing; even after being open for 4 hours. Unfortunately, my notes on this wine were not very detailed... I'd definitely recommend laying these down for a few years to mellow out or, if you can't wait, decant for a few hours before serving.

...agreed on all counts. This is a big boy; I'm going to lay a couple down to see how they evolve in a couple o' years...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

Synos10

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Synos10

I love Cab and Love Sangio, sounds like a great blend. In for one.

Last wooter to woot:Synos10

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman

Thanks to WD for clarifying the pricing/MSRP. Clearly the most transparent option!

Of course I also tasted this at Hallowoot, and my notes read: nose of plum, seems a bit on the ripe side for my preferences. Flavours are not overripe, though, with a vegetal note, nice minerality, and some grape tannin (the kind that hits the tip of your tongue...I think that's grape tannin rather than oak tannin). I think it would improve with a year or so for that grape tannin to settle out. At $16.25/bottle it seems like a pretty solid buy.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

zmanonice

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zmanonice

Ok Ali, going take a flyer on this one. Tried the Bench Cab from my local Costco and it was average. Hope this one impresses.

Z

skidd420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skidd420

Dang. 27 minutes left to pull the trigger, I don't bother to look at the states and of course when I go to order... No shipping to AZ. Everybody ships to AZ!!
Sounds like a good blend.

+1 on the list price info.