Staff

Poll: Day-old, unsealed wine:
  • 7.8% - Throw it out. 67
  • 42.5% - Take a swig, see if it’s still good. 366
  • 34.9% - Finish it off. Waste not, want not! 301
  • 8.1% - Throw it at the neighbors and yell VIVA LA FRANCE! 70
  • 6.7% - Um, hello? It’s “Vive”? 58
862 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

superchiva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superchiva

use it for cooking!

-Superchiva

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl
superchiva wrote:use it for cooking!

This!
Make up a batch of pizza or pasta sauce.

Funny story - I always keep a bottle of cooking wine which I pour the remains of unfinished red wines. I was out of town, and my mom and her husband were watching the place and had dinner guests. They went through one bottle of wine, then saw my "open" bottle and figured they better drink it before it went south. They raved about how incredible it was, and how much their guests loved it, and that they were sorry that they'd used it all, but they'd buy me a new bottle. I laughed so hard I cried.

ardubu

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ardubu

My cat drinks wine... only with cheese.

Ah, the hell with it.

jimmyt4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jimmyt4
superchiva wrote:use it for cooking!

Can't believe that wasn't a choice....Sheesh

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
wingedsurfgirl wrote:Funny story - I always keep a bottle of cooking wine which I pour the remains of unfinished red wines. I was out of town, and my mom and her husband were watching the place and had dinner guests. They went through one bottle of wine, then saw my "open" bottle and figured they better drink it before it went south. They raved about how incredible it was, and how much their guests loved it, and that they were sorry that they'd used it all, but they'd buy me a new bottle. I laughed so hard I cried.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

frycooks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frycooks

Leave it open for a couple more days and it will make a nice vinaigrette!

blondegordon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blondegordon
frycooks wrote:Leave it open for a couple more days and it will make a nice vinaigrette!

I usually make a pan sauce with it but that is a great idea, think I'll try it.