jawlz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz
rpm wrote:sigh, SWMBO here has something like the same approach, but actually wants to see total inventory of both books and wine decrease....

I can't imagine a decrease in my book inventory! SWMBO here is happy maintaining the current level of wine (which is sadly not an astounding amount, given limitations on storage space), but we both find it hard to part with books, though at this point we essentially have a negative amount of shelf-space available to hold any new books.

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 234 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
russguss wrote:Peter

On your Web site you can ship to Virginia but this woot fall case does not allow shipping VA

Sometimes details get crossed between the winery, winedavid and the code monkeys. I'll talk to winedavid and see if we can do something. If not, send me a PM and we'll see if we can work out something.

smwhipple

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smwhipple

Anyone know the drinking window? As in how long can I forget I have them before I need to drink them?

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
nimhgrad wrote:I may as well stop coming by here until VA gets its act together 'cause all this is doing is pissing me off.

Agreed, but in Wellington's case...Using a Wootlegger is totally justified. Getting two cases. Thank you Peter!

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
zimco wrote:What is Virginia's problem?

That is a DAMN good question. Fricking politcal leftovers.

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

rpm wrote:sigh, SWMBO here has something like the same approach, but actually wants to see total inventory of both books and wine decrease....

Books too?! That's mean. Although here, DH wants me to pare down my books and wine too...as well as clothes and shoes and...everything?

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

In for 1! Been contemplating it all morning and decided I couldn't pass it up at this price. Thank you everyone for your comments and feedback - I love this place.

Now if I can only find room...hopefully I have some by the time it arrives, but not likely - more like even less room, lol. My wife has many of the same rules as the others at w.w when it comes to purchases and storage. Only tend to get an earful when she is NOT drinking it though, which isn't too often!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
gregorylane wrote:And the Floridiot can't refuse swill...I'm in. Hello old friends!

Hey Greg! Glad to see you back here... and still alive.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
jmdavidson wrote:Sad to say, yes. SWMBO tries to keep my habit in check. Her rule: You can only buy what it takes to fill the spaces on your wine racks.

Simple solution. Make space for the new case. ;). You'll have space and she can't complain

Neal K Bharadwaj

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

love the Cab and Merlot, but a pass becuase the other 8 won't get consumed

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

Last Wooter to Woot:losthighwayz
Last Purchase:a few seconds ago

Impulse! If anyone in L.A. (not too far from Whittier)wants to split get at me.

"The older I get the better I was"

KillerFox81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KillerFox81

Damn you woot! I have NEVER had the Wellingtons and they always come up at a bad time. Last contracted job ended. Signing a new lease tonight and losing mad cash too... I should be saving but everyone raves about these wines!!!

*sigh*

Anyone want to consider splitting a case in the New York City area? lol

globewalker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages globewalker

I really want to order this..
If I knew it would NOT be delivered Thanksgiving week/weekend...
Any way to know?

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom

Pulsing gold button just hastened the inevitable...

Speed to First Woot:
0m 45.330s
First Sucker:
mill
Last Wooter to Woot:
InFrom
Last Purchase:
a few seconds ago

dwisner1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwisner1

So, lots of talk about cutting back on oders and VA shipping, but how are these wines? Awesome, ok, meh? I want to pull the triger based on some of the feedback, but I need a little more info.

TIA

kylemittskus

globewalker wrote:I really want to order this..
If I knew it would NOT be delivered Thanksgiving week/weekend...
Any way to know?

Where do you live?

globewalker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages globewalker
kylemittskus wrote:Where do you live?

Houston, TX

Took the chance and bought anyhow before it sold out..
Always enjoyed the previous W's

yorknh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yorknh
InFrom wrote:Pulsing gold button just hastened the inevitable...

I hadn't notice the shift from the bouncing oval to the throbbing rod until just now.

Cocontom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Cocontom
dwisner1 wrote:So, lots of talk about cutting back on oders and VA shipping, but how are these wines? Awesome, ok, meh? I want to pull the triger based on some of the feedback, but I need a little more info.

TIA

If you like wines with no residual sugar, but enough fruit to keep the wine from turning your face inside out, you're good. They're big, but not too big, and very, very food friendly, but not such that you have to eat with them or they're gross.

BTW Woot- Best birthday present ever!

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

I'm working from home today in the basement and am literally staring at boxes and boxes of wine, most of it from Wine.Woot! But how can I resist a case of Wellington from the 2007 vintage for less than $13/btl delivered? Answer: I can't.

Curious as to what Woot's imputed shipping cost is on this deal to arrive at retail.

rld513

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rld513

That Last Call tweet did me in. *sigh*

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
SmilingBoognish wrote:I'm working from home today in the basement and am literally staring at boxes and boxes of wine, most of it from Wine.Woot! But how can I resist a case of Wellington from the 2007 vintage for less than $13/btl delivered? Answer: I can't.

Curious as to what Woot's imputed shipping cost is on this deal to arrive at retail.

Retail on just the bottles is $239.90. So the other $22.50 is shipping and taxes.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

dwisner1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwisner1

This place has turned me into a real sicko. I currently have a (6) of the Diablita Red Blend in route, (3) Ardente '97 cabs on order, (3) Ardente Library cabs on order, and I just pushed the big yellow button for this. I'm gonna need to slooooow doooown.

SonomaBouliste

smwhipple wrote:Anyone know the drinking window? As in how long can I forget I have them before I need to drink them?

The Cab and Syrah can last five years, the others not so long. The Merlot is wonderful right now and may hold for several years, but I wouldn't wait too long. I would say both Zins are about as good as they're going to get and should be consumed within the next year or two. The Duke isn't intended to age, but will probably last and evolve for a couple of years.

kylemittskus

dwisner1 wrote:This place has turned me into a real sicko. I currently have a (6) of the Diablita Red Blend in route, (3) Ardente '97 cabs on order, (3) Ardente Library cabs on order, and I just pushed the big yellow button for this. I'm gonna need to slooooow doooown.

Yeah... here's the thing: you can't. You've now started slipping down a very steep slope and it's packed with ice and oil and grease and the tears of our children since we can't afford to pay for their college anymore.

montegobayjr

quality posts: 10 Private Messages montegobayjr

BLINKING, BLINKING...HURRY!!!

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
dwisner1 wrote:This place has turned me into a real sicko. I currently have a (6) of the Diablita Red Blend in route, (3) Ardente '97 cabs on order, (3) Ardente Library cabs on order, and I just pushed the big yellow button for this. I'm gonna need to slooooow doooown.

got Diablita Red Blend yesterday, drank one last night, darn good

unavaca

quality posts: 6 Private Messages unavaca

Went for two cases -- why not.

jeremiahjsmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeremiahjsmith

Just pulled the trigger. Still willing to split with another SW Michigan wine.wooter.

jeremiahjsmith wrote:Anyone in SW Michigan (I'm in Kalamazoo, but GR would be fine) want to split a case? Want this so badly, but no extra $ in this month's budget.

dah7m

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dah7m
nimhgrad wrote:I may as well stop coming by here until VA gets its act together 'cause all this is doing is pissing me off.

Likewise. Stinks.

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122

Wellington was my first wine.woot and now my 100th woot!

unavaca

quality posts: 6 Private Messages unavaca

Oops, looks like I killed it.

Wellington Fall Case (12)
Speed to first woot: 0m 45.330s
First sucker:mill
Last wooter to woot:unavaca
Last purchase:6 minutes ago

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
random122 wrote:Wellington was my first wine.woot and now my 100th woot!

VERY Cool!

SonomaBouliste

jhkey wrote:What a great deal! Peter's wines are a deal at retail prices, so this is a must buy!

Peter, can you talk to us a little about the 2012 vintage and harvest? Everything I've heard is that is could be outstanding?

I intend to write a full blown article / blog about the vintage soon. After the very challenging (especially for growers) 2010 and 2011 vintages everybody was thrilled to see weather conditions return to the "normal" range this year. We had above average crop size, very clean fruit, remarkably even maturity and no problem attaining desired sugar levels. Already by the middle of crush there were winemakers talking of "the best vintage in over ten years", etc. I wouldn't go that far, at least not yet, but all indications are for a very good to possibly great year. Aromas and flavors are great, but it is too early to accurately assess the degree of intensity and concentration of the wines. In other words, at this stage it's hard to tell if they'll be "pretty", medium bodied, early drinking wines or deep, concentrated, age-worthy wines.

longjohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages longjohn

dang, guess i'll have to hope for this to show up again in a woot off....

outdoorslife

quality posts: 8 Private Messages outdoorslife

Just checked on the wellington site, and they can ship to NH. Soooo, why wasn't NH on the ship list here? :-(

BTW, I am really hoping this ships in time for T-giving delivery - as the inlaws just got 2 cases going to them in VT. (3hr drive for us to them!) And they are french canadian, and certainly enjoy wine!!! eeck!!

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
fredrinaldi wrote:got Diablita Red Blend yesterday, drank one last night, darn good

Looks like I bought the WRONG Diablita. Stuck with 5 bottles of the white version. Too sweet to drink.

"The older I get the better I was"

hanuta44

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hanuta44

This is my very first wine woot. I almost missed it. I just ordered a few minutes ago.

Really exited.

erincc77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erincc77

So sad I missed this!

Peter -
Have the fall Wine Club shipments gone out yet? I signed up on the website which says to expect something around October but I haven't heard anything yet. Perhaps I didn't sign up correctly?

cortot20

quality posts: 142 Private Messages cortot20
losthighwayz wrote:Looks like I bought the WRONG Diablita. Stuck with 5 bottles of the white version. Too sweet to drink.

sangria fodder.

CT