Borealis

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Borealis
North316 wrote:Cesare, any chance you can add this to your first post for awhile until people catch on? This question is now being asked daily.

I read the link, but was soundly defeated by the legalease. Can anyone with better reading comprehension chime in on whether this a problem that Woot! can/will solve. Is it likely to be a matter of days? Weeks? We're just about to start the holiday wine buying season and if I need to make some arrangements....

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
Borealis wrote:I read the link, but was soundly defeated by the legalease. Can anyone with better reading comprehension chime in on whether this a problem that Woot! can/will solve. Is it likely to be a matter of days? Weeks? We're just about to start the holiday wine buying season and if I need to make some arrangements....

From WineDavid: "VA's absence on the state list is associated with the connected link. Suffice to say we are working on a solution. Sorry VA and stay tuned. "

No time frame given.

Basically my understanding is that based on the relationship that Wine Country Connect has with wineries and woot (acting as a fullfillment warehouse in most cases) they will not be required to change their licensing and contracts with wineries to comply with virginia's new laws. It also looks like paperwork and documention requirements are going to be fairly cumbersome. Based on the number of wineries that Woot and WCC work with, I don't think this is going to be a quick fix.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl
andyduncan wrote:Willing to take a risk on an unknown winemaker. Hope it's not swill.

tongue in cheek no doubt

pfffft!

yorknh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yorknh
outdoorslife wrote:Hey?! What happened to NH ?? I got some Wellington E&E Syrah in March, no problem, but now NH is not on the list? What gives?? :-(

Thanks!

Admittedly I don't know what kind of margins winemakers like Wellington and Harvey have, but I don't get why NH wouldn't be on just about everyone's list. For winemakers, the license is $100 and all you have to provide is the liquor license from your home state.

chipgreen

quality posts: 186 Private Messages chipgreen
North316 wrote:Woot and Peter are testing my SIWBM. This is an awesome deal on some wellington wines for a GREAT vintage.

This will be a long day of indecision (unless this sells out quick). I was thinking a potential split to limit space and money concerns, but my splitter has a bunch of all of these already, likely from the RPM tour.

Maybe if the stock market is good today I can justify it...

WD & Peter have really outdone themselves, haven't they? I didn't actually buy any of these from the rpm tour - I got them all from separate woot deals except The Duke which I ordered directly from Wellington and the 1 bottle of England Crest Syrah I got from you.

I calculated what I paid for the equivalent of this deal and it worked out to $182 without shipping and that was with woot discount pricing.

I could probably be coerced into some sort of split if you feel like splurging. Although I have 8 Dukes and 4 each of the Cab and Merlot, I only have 2 each of the Zins and 1 Syrah.

PM me if you want to try to work something out although I might be away from the pc for a few hours.

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl
soshshops wrote:This wine was recommended to me, but alas, I live in Mass, the bluest of blue states but not does not allow internet wine sales (basically). The crooked pols up here are in the distributors pockets. Enjoy those of you who can...and don't move here!

Me too. ship to an out of state in-law! The funny thing is every time I write to politicians here about the law they always say "I'm with you!". But it never seems to get on the agenda somehow even though the current law is unconstitutional. http://www.wellesleywinepress.com/2012/07/last-chance-for-massachusetts-direct.html

pfffft!

boatman72

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boatman72

I always jump on Wellington wine. except I have all of these in multiples, Except for the Duke. For those that want well structured wine, jump on this deal!!! $12.50 a bottle - WOW. I've got to think though since I have 400+ bottles in the basement and the other half is beginning to chirp! Decisions, Decisions......

sonofzeppo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sonofzeppo
Alison Gail Bixby wrote:So the stock market and my stash of Wellington are both going down. At least I can do something about the Wellington. And the 2007 Syrah is one of my favorites. Now I don't have to hoard the last few bottles. Haven't had the Zins or the Duke, so that I will be a new, and probably delicious experience. Haven't been disappointed in Wellington yet!

Have made two Wellington purchases before. I concur on quality, etc.

rld513

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rld513

Anyone in SW Ohio interested in splitting a case?

With pending home repairs, I just can't go in for a full one.

joeman123

quality posts: 5 Private Messages joeman123
tradinick wrote:Virginia tweaked their law and Woot hasn't adjusted yet. Blame them both. VA for making a stupid change, Woot for waiting till the law went into effect to try and comply. We may never get another woot wine.

Well, that will solve my storage problem.

Why do states want to put up such cumbersome rules?!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

hookhams wrote:Every time I see Wellington up here, its out of my price range.

This is promising...and I may have $$ this time to pull the trigger on a case...

Yeah I can relate...cases are a little much for me.

Also, woot is now sending emails to us when we've bought from that winemaker in the past?

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

rpm

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rpm

Autobuy. I've had both of the Zins and liked them very much. I think I still have some of each, but it's one of our favorites for everyday drinking.

I thought the Merlot quite decent for Merlot, which I rarely buy or drink.

The Duke is a bargain daily drinker.

The Cab should be put away for another few years.

Anyone on the fence should consider that Peter is probably moving out most of the rest of his 2007s (except the Victory which hasn't been released) in the near term. While 2012 will be an outstanding year, and there are some good 2009s, 2008 was not such a wonderful year for reds and neither were 2010 and 2011. I have been loading up on 2007 (and 2005 when it comes along) in anticipation of not buying much red from 2008, 2010 or 2011, other than pure ready-drink and fill-in wines. And some whites.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

WaltW

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WaltW

The Wootbot was smart enough to send me this:

"Have you heard of this guy Peter Wellington? Sure you have! You've bought his stuff from Wine.Woot before. "

but not smart enough to know I am in Virginia and cannot buy it.

I read the regulation and it has McDonnell and Cuccinelli written all over it.

This explains why I have been shut out here lately and loading up at WTSO.

tcklord

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tcklord

Love Wellington so of course in for one!

334 bottles from Wine.woot
17 Normal Woot
4 Sellout Woot

yankeekiwi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages yankeekiwi

I have never turned down a Wellington offer yet and never regreted it, but curse you woot for the hit to the family budget this week!

drexelh1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drexelh1
WaltW wrote:The Wootbot was smart enough to send me this:

"Have you heard of this guy Peter Wellington? Sure you have! You've bought his stuff from Wine.Woot before. "

but not smart enough to know I am in Virginia and cannot buy it.

I read the regulation and it has McDonnell and Cuccinelli written all over it.

This explains why I have been shut out here lately and loading up at WTSO.

Funny enough, can ship to NJ! Rare.
But your comment regarding WTSO is spot on. Their daily deal is usually pretty sweet. Free shipping seals the deal. And it gets to me overnight since they're 50 miles from the house.

michaelrenda

quality posts: 2 Private Messages michaelrenda

Wellington is providing 100% of the wine for my wedding -- 27 cases of the Duke and Duchess!

Routerhead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Routerhead
joeman123 wrote:Well, that will solve my storage problem.

Why do states want to put up such cumbersome rules?!

Same here. I never pass up a Wellington. This is depressing.

dsapp

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dsapp

In for 2. Easy decision.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
michaelrenda wrote:Wellington is providing 100% of the wine for my wedding -- 27 cases of the Duke and Duchess!

That's a big wedding.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

jaschuyler

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jaschuyler

Would anyone living/working in Washington DC want to split a case or be willing to receive a case for me? Victim of Virginia laws, here. I too got the "Hey, you bought this maker's wines before" email but now I'm out in the cold. Way to wind me up and then deny me, Woot!

Routerhead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Routerhead

On the Wellington website, you cannot sign up for the Wine Club now if you are in VA. I think they're both victim of this legal change.

p2002

quality posts: 8 Private Messages p2002

This is bad..., WOOTBOT emailing me about a Wellington offer. Am I that obvious, do they think I am that easy - Really!?!
in for 1. (eyes roll)

guzmantis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages guzmantis
jaschuyler wrote:Would anyone living/working in Washington DC want to split a case or be willing to receive a case for me? Victim of Virginia laws, here. I too got the "Hey, you bought this maker's wines before" email but now I'm out in the cold. Way to wind me up and then deny me, Woot!

Can't you just order it and have it shipped directly to a FedEx store in DC? That's what I do for deliveries that don't ship to MD. There's a few 24/7 FedEx stores which makes pickup convenient, but I think they only hold the shipment for a week or so.

woopdedoo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages woopdedoo
rpm wrote:Anyone on the fence should consider that Peter is probably moving out most of the rest of his 2007s (except the Victory which hasn't been released) in the near term. While 2012 will be an outstanding year, and there are some good 2009s, 2008 was not such a wonderful year for reds and neither were 2010 and 2011. I have been loading up on 2007 (and 2005 when it comes along) in anticipation of not buying much red from 2008, 2010 or 2011, other than pure ready-drink and fill-in wines. And some whites.

Valuable advice - Thanks!

jmdavidson

quality posts: 56 Private Messages jmdavidson

2 cases bought on the recent RPM tour minus one we drank through equals need for another. No brainer. Thanks PW and WD for a great deal. Any people on the fence better jump on this. You will not regret it!

Last Wooter to Woot:jmdavidson
Last Purchase:a few seconds ago

gkarrish

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gkarrish

Would anyone in the Los Angeles area want to split a case?

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
jaschuyler wrote:Would anyone living/working in Washington DC want to split a case or be willing to receive a case for me? Victim of Virginia laws, here. I too got the "Hey, you bought this maker's wines before" email but now I'm out in the cold. Way to wind me up and then deny me, Woot!

Sorry, the email should have pulled the (hopefully temporary) affected VA Wellington lovers.

and some sites out there aren't to be bothered by little things like say the LAW..

rpm

jmdavidson wrote:2 cases bought on the recent RPM tour minus one we drank through equals need for another. No brainer. Thanks PW and WD for a great deal. Any people on the fence better jump on this. You will not regret it!

Last Wooter to Woot:jmdavidson
Last Purchase:a few seconds ago

Only 1?

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

jmdavidson

quality posts: 56 Private Messages jmdavidson
rpm wrote:Only 1?

Sad to say, yes. SWMBO tries to keep my habit in check. Her rule: You can only buy what it takes to fill the spaces on your wine racks.

rpm

jmdavidson wrote:Sad to say, yes. SWMBO tries to keep my habit in check. Her rule: You can only buy what it takes to fill the spaces on your wine racks.

sigh, SWMBO here has something like the same approach, but actually wants to see total inventory of both books and wine decrease....

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

I am not supposed to be buying any wines since I am headed to Santa Ynez tomorrow to pick up club shipments form Lincourt, Foley, and Curtis. BUT this looks to good to pass up...not sure wwhat to do...Ahhhhhhh

"The older I get the better I was"

losthighwayz

gkarrish wrote:Would anyone in the Los Angeles area want to split a case?

where in LA are you? I am interested. I live in the SGV

brinkmann0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brinkmann0

Just when I thought I was out... wine.woot pulls me back in.

jeremiahjsmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeremiahjsmith

Anyone in SW Michigan (I'm in Kalamazoo, but GR would be fine) want to split a case? Want this so badly, but no extra $ in this month's budget.

jwyee90720

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwyee90720

Hello, I might. Where are you located? I am in Los Alamitos. It would be $77 for the split case.

gkarrish wrote:Would anyone in the Los Angeles area want to split a case?

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
rpm wrote:Autobuy. I've had both of the Zins and liked them very much. I think I still have some of each, but it's one of our favorites for everyday drinking.

I thought the Merlot quite decent for Merlot, which I rarely buy or drink.
The Duke is a bargain daily drinker.
The Cab should be put away for another few years.

Anyone on the fence should consider that Peter is probably moving out most of the rest of his 2007s (except the Victory which hasn't been released) in the near term. While 2012 will be an outstanding year, and there are some good 2009s, 2008 was not such a wonderful year for reds and neither were 2010 and 2011. I have been loading up on 2007 (and 2005 when it comes along) in anticipation of not buying much red from 2008, 2010 or 2011, other than pure ready-drink and fill-in wines. And some whites.

Sigh, over two cases on the tour added to the ten cases already filling every nook and cranny, now two more.

Couldn't agree more!
Thanks Peter, WD and RPM for wonderful times and offers like these.

SWMBO, yeah, ship directly to the locker and hide the statements.

CT

losthighwayz

jwyee90720 wrote:Hello, I might. Where are you located? I am in Los Alamitos. It would be $77 for the split case.

I am in Whittier. You want to split? Lets seal the deal before it sells out

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

What a great deal! Peter's wines are a deal at retail prices, so this is a must buy!

Peter, can you talk to us a little about the 2012 vintage and harvest? Everything I've heard is that is could be outstanding?

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady
jmdavidson wrote:Sad to say, yes. SWMBO tries to keep my habit in check. Her rule: You can only buy what it takes to fill the spaces on your wine racks.

Obviously your rackage needs to be expanded