NV The Duke 10
2007 Zinfandel, Meeks Hilltop Ranch, Sonoma Valley
2007 Zinfandel, Sonoma Valley
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan

Willing to take a risk on an unknown winemaker. Hope it's not swill.

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

lassow

quality posts: 132 Private Messages lassow

would snag this super quick if we were around homebase for the holidays this year.

I like to talk about wine, but I'd rather drink it.

hookhams

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hookhams

Every time I see Wellington up here, its out of my price range.

This is promising...and I may have $$ this time to pull the trigger on a case...

nimhgrad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nimhgrad

I may as well stop coming by here until VA gets its act together 'cause all this is doing is pissing me off.

hookhams

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hookhams
nimhgrad wrote:I may as well stop coming by here until VA gets its act together 'cause all this is doing is pissing me off.

Did you ask Obama yet to help?

cyberpenguin

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cyberpenguin

Someone has to whine about Vinito del Finito, so it might as well be me.

Down to two bottles left...

dalematthew

quality posts: 21 Private Messages dalematthew
hookhams wrote:Every time I see Wellington up here, its out of my price range.

This is promising...and I may have $$ this time to pull the trigger on a case...

I'd heavily encourage you - at an avg $12.50 / bottle. I've never been disappointed - and this is a broad selection.

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

Buying one for oneself is a no-brainer given the quality and outstanding value. But now that I think about it, another case would make a great gift for folks that did me an important favor this year.

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

cortot20

quality posts: 132 Private Messages cortot20

Here's my notes on these wines. As a club member I have received all of these.

2007 merlot
10/7/2012: This is a great food wine. It has some nice rounded red fruit with some plum notes. Mildly tannic and full bodied. It will not overpower red meats but will compliment them. Not as soft as a typical merlot but not as aggressive as a good young cab. Highly recommended at the sub $20 that I paid for it.

No notes on the cab. Although I have had three of these and enjoyed them.

England crest Syrah
8/13/2012: Color is dark purple with light around the edges, nice legs as well.
Nose is mostly a blueberry compote, with some earthy notes in the background.
Palate has a slight alcohol burn up front but fades as the fruit and earthy notes come forward.
It really coats the mouth like a nice full bodied wine should.
The finish is medium in length but feels slightly thin, earthiness is much more present in the finish.

Great bottle.

The duke
Good QPR year after year. Not a standout showy wine. But it does what a table wine should which is go well with a variety of foods and not steal the show. I buy a 1/2 case of this every year to fill out my club shipment in the fall.

No notes on either zin. But they are both great as well.

In general I find peters wines to be well priced and well made and that combination led me to join his club.

Getting this case will give you a great feel for what Wellington is all about as it is a good representation of his typical wines.

CT

semirose

quality posts: 2 Private Messages semirose

In for one. My very first wine.woot was a Wellington mixed case, best decision (well, other than for my wallet).

Alison Gail Bixby

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Alison Gail Bixby

So the stock market and my stash of Wellington are both going down. At least I can do something about the Wellington. And the 2007 Syrah is one of my favorites. Now I don't have to hoard the last few bottles. Haven't had the Zins or the Duke, so that I will be a new, and probably delicious experience. Haven't been disappointed in Wellington yet!

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 232 Private Messages SonomaBouliste

Hello and goodnight. Please leave questions for me - I'll try to answer all in the morning / afternoon.

Peter

ghyo1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ghyo1

I got the four-pack of 2007 syrahs when it was offered here. They were serious wine at a great price. I hated to drink the last one. This mixed case is an outstanding deal.

hogfatt

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hogfatt
cyberpenguin wrote:Someone has to whine about Vinito del Finito, so it might as well be me.

Down to two bottles left...

I have a bit more...but I would have clearance from swmbo to go HAM on Vinito del Finito...

CT Updating, please wait....

tamarsmolowitz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tamarsmolowitz

Anyone in Colorado (Front Range) interested in splitting a case?

darogo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages darogo

We often stop at Wellington when we head to Sonoma. Their wines are always solid. I don't have any specific tasting notes other than we buy their wine, drink it and enjoy it.

Prices per bottle usually range from I'd say $15-$25, so this definitely seems like a great deal. Especially for the variety. The Duke is one of the best "inexpensive" wines in the Valley, IMO - a table wine that goes well with just about anything. It's about $10/bottle and it seems to sell like hotcakes. I"m happy to have snagged a case!

outdoorslife

quality posts: 8 Private Messages outdoorslife

Hey?! What happened to NH ?? I got some Wellington E&E Syrah in March, no problem, but now NH is not on the list? What gives?? :-(

Thanks!

dianefreda

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dianefreda

Would these arrive by Thanksgiving if I have them shipped to Ga.? This no shipping to Va is killing me. But I'll be in Ga. for Thanksgivng.

crunchybrownstar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crunchybrownstar

A case from Peter? Now this is a great way to end the week. Thnx Woot! (A much better offering than duck fat in a can.)

gregorylane

quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane
andyduncan wrote:Willing to take a risk on an unknown winemaker. Hope it's not swill.

And the Floridiot can't refuse swill...I'm in. Hello old friends!

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

soshshops

quality posts: 2 Private Messages soshshops

This wine was recommended to me, but alas, I live in Mass, the bluest of blue states but not does not allow internet wine sales (basically). The crooked pols up here are in the distributors pockets. Enjoy those of you who can...and don't move here!

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

Have had all of these but the Duke from a previous offer. They are great drinking wines! In my humble cellar, I always go to these when I have company. After all the great comments about the Duke here on Woot I might have been inclined to go in on this but I live in stinking VA.

Cyradia

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Cyradia

This deal is so ridiculously good, that, as a club member, I'm a bit annoyed.

Club members agree to get a mixed box sent to them 2x a year at what ends up being much higher than these type of prices. The benefit of being a club member is 25% off their wine list. I did the math and the price here is $20 cheaper than if a club member ordered this box...and that's BEFORE shipping. As a club member, I pay shipping and taxes...which ends up being an extra $40 or so on top of this.

So, I of course went in for three.

fgarriel

quality posts: 21 Private Messages fgarriel

How long has NJ been on the allow-ship list? Does it vary by vintner?

flowerchild59

quality posts: 23 Private Messages flowerchild59

This is ridiculously good wine for the price. Buy of the week!!

On the keyboard of life always keep one finger on the escape key.

russguss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages russguss
SonomaBouliste wrote:Hello and goodnight. Please leave questions for me - I'll try to answer all in the morning / afternoon.

Peter

Peter

On your Web site you can ship to Virginia but this woot fall case does not allow shipping VA

zimco

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zimco

What is Virginia's problem?

joeman123

quality posts: 5 Private Messages joeman123
SonomaBouliste wrote:Hello and goodnight. Please leave questions for me - I'll try to answer all in the morning / afternoon.

Peter

I really don't understand what happened to Virginia. There used to be no problem shipping to Virginia, and now most woot deals don't have shipping there.

Did regulations change?

Peter - I have bought a lot of your wine here. Please help a brother out. What's happening with Virginia?

jasonhilgers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasonhilgers
tamarsmolowitz wrote:Anyone in Colorado (Front Range) interested in splitting a case?

I'm in Englewood, CO and would split.

Chargerrt500

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Chargerrt500

I need to echo others here about the Virginia laws. I have a few Wellingtons left from the last time, and now I can't get more. Something needs to be done. WD, Peter, please help.

tradinick

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tradinick
zimco wrote:What is Virginia's problem?

Virginia tweaked their law and Woot hasn't adjusted yet. Blame them both. VA for making a stupid change, Woot for waiting till the law went into effect to try and comply. We may never get another woot wine.

aces219

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aces219

I really want this but my cellar is beyond full. You all need to buy it instead.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Before we get another 30 posts about Virginia, here is the answer: CLICK HERE

Peter's website probably still shows Virginia because it's likely not updated yet.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

North316

North316 wrote:Before we get another 30 posts about Virginia, here is the answer: CLICK HERE

Peter's website probably still shows Virginia because it's likely not updated yet.

Cesare, any chance you can add this to your first post for awhile until people catch on? This question is now being asked daily.

My CT

rmm989

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rmm989

I know it's a joke in the description, but in all seriousness we rode out Hurricane Sandy drinking Wellington. The damage to our stock of it was near total. So incredibly glad this is up to restock.

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
andyduncan wrote:Willing to take a risk on an unknown winemaker. Hope it's not swill.

Great to see your name on here again. It's been a while. Hope everyone gets the -in-cheek message .

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

chipgreen

quality posts: 179 Private Messages chipgreen
North316 wrote:Before we get another 30 posts about Virginia, here is the answer: CLICK HERE

Peter can probably still ship to VA, I think it's just 3rd parties such as WCC that are affected.

North316

Woot and Peter are testing my SIWBM. This is an awesome deal on some wellington wines for a GREAT vintage.

This will be a long day of indecision (unless this sells out quick). I was thinking a potential split to limit space and money concerns, but my splitter has a bunch of all of these already, likely from the RPM tour.

Maybe if the stock market is good today I can justify it...

My CT