Black Truffle Butter 8 oz.
White Truffle Butter 8 oz.
Natural Duck Fat 7 oz.

Product website
Product website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

mike808

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808

Holiday season is here.

Bring on the Cavedoni!

wnissen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wnissen

I can verify the quality of the black and white truffle butters, though I really prefer the white. Unlike many white truffle oils, it doesn't seem excessively reliant on synthetic flavors. Costco had a two-pack of the butters (no duck fat) and I went back for more.

Nate650

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Nate650

I'm interested in seeing the ingredient lists.

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

I'm sure it's tasty, but I have to admit I laughed when I read today's Wine.Woot offering.

It sounds like an exclamation a goofy cartoon character would make.

Example:
"Truffle butter and duck fat that was close! That saw blade nearly cut us in two!"

wootsmittywoot

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootsmittywoot

Do these freeze well?

quantumparticle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages quantumparticle
wootsmittywoot wrote:Do these freeze well?

Yes, they can last a long time frozen and used sparingly. In for 1 again. Great stuff.

Fnord.

saiedp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages saiedp
wnissen wrote:I can verify the quality of the black and white truffle butters, though I really prefer the white. Unlike many white truffle oils, it doesn't seem excessively reliant on synthetic flavors. Costco had a two-pack of the butters (no duck fat) and I went back for more.

How much was it at Costco? And two of each butter (ie, 4 total) or just one of each?

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Duck Fat? balance the budget Dat.

rookaloo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rookaloo

What do you do with duck fat?

Julia Byrd Bishop

noslensj

quality posts: 41 Private Messages noslensj

It appears that wine.woot is skipping the International Tempranillo Day festivities this year.

spline9

quality posts: 3 Private Messages spline9
rookaloo wrote:What do you do with duck fat?

Use it just like you would with butter or bacon grease. The stuff is fantastic.

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
noslensj wrote:It appears that wine.woot is skipping the International Tempranillo Day festivities this year.

Maybe the plus offering tomorrow?

Neal K Bharadwaj

pwlittell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pwlittell

How are these shipped? Do they stay cold (or need to)?

fiftymegatims

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fiftymegatims

Lol Duck Butter I will not eat

ChefJoAnnaM

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ChefJoAnnaM

I'm Chef JoAnna, and I approve this message.

But seriously, is this stuff shipped cold? Fats go rancid pretty quickly when they get warm.

¡ʎɹƃunɥ ʎɹǝʌ 'ʎɹǝʌ ǝɹɐ noʎ :ǝƃɐssǝɯ lɐuıɯılqns

jclau00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jclau00
pwlittell wrote:How are these shipped? Do they stay cold (or need to)?

yes, i ordered this last year minus the duck fat and it came with 1 chilled ice pack enclosed within styrafoam packaging.

SuburbanWoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SuburbanWoman

This truffle butter is great! It's an auto-buy for me.

auxdelices

quality posts: 64 Private Messages auxdelices
jclau00 wrote:yes, i ordered this last year minus the duck fat and it came with 1 chilled ice pack enclosed within styrafoam packaging.

And by the way,duck fat is shelves stable .My grand mother used to keep it in a clay jar around the house (sometime with truffles inside)
just like our butters ,it will become soft with warmer temperature,just putting them back in the freezer and they will keep for a while.
by the way try to cook french fries with the duck fat and add some black truffles just before serving : A Perigourdine specialty!A must

auxdelices

Cook your vegetables,chicken ,great for french fries.Duck fat is one of the higher temperature cooking fat. So great for frying anything.

clcaruthers

quality posts: 32 Private Messages clcaruthers

This stuff is freaking AMAZING!!! If I didn't still have a decent amount left of all of them, I would be ordering more. Use the black truffle butter on a kobe steak the moment it comes off the grill; it will change your life!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

auxdelices

Thinking about turkey? Get the dressing underway by sautéing veggies in it; massage it into skin instead of butter.

auxdelices

Nate650 wrote:I'm interested in seeing the ingredient lists.

Truffle Butters - All truffle all the time. Yes there are some add-ons but there are no artificial additives in Aux Delices des Bois products. Ever. Or allergens.
Duck Fat is simply duck fat.

auxdelices

wootsmittywoot wrote:Do these freeze well?

The high butterfat butter is very forgiving. Not only do they freeze well, they also are indestructable! Let it melt, chill, freeze, and sit on the counter. We test-drove it by living in Normandy, where using butter and refrigerator in the same sentence is sacriligous!

auxdelices

jclau00 wrote:yes, i ordered this last year minus the duck fat and it came with 1 chilled ice pack enclosed within styrafoam packaging.

They're shipping without ice this time.

LaVikinga

quality posts: 13 Private Messages LaVikinga
auxdelices wrote:They're shipping without ice this time.

Even to Florida? Temperatures will still be well above 70 and into the 80s for many of us for weeks to come.

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

jelliott04

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jelliott04
auxdelices wrote:They're shipping without ice this time.

Even to Louisiana? We routinely have 80's well into December.

I was in on this immediately but not if I'm going to get a container of melted butter.

dgreen2012

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgreen2012

Chefs Guy Fieri and Anne Burrell have recommended this many times on their cooking shows. The truffles on stead, using the duck fat to fry potatoes. Yummy for the tummy!!

Postal1398

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Postal1398

I was just thinking this morning about how I have a skinned duck in my freezer and that I should buy some duck fat to help cook it better (you know, since it's skinless). Damn you, Woot, for reading my mind!

DigitalFoobar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DigitalFoobar

Is there an expiration date on these?

auxdelices

LaVikinga wrote:Even to Florida? Temperatures will still be well above 70 and into the 80s for many of us for weeks to come.

Yep, it may be warm, but throw it right into the freezer to firm up. It won't spoil unless you keep it on your dashboard in the sun for about a week.

auxdelices

Postal1398 wrote:I was just thinking this morning about how I have a skinned duck in my freezer and that I should buy some duck fat to help cook it better (you know, since it's skinless). Damn you, Woot, for reading my mind!

Why not detach the legs and confit them?

auxdelices

DigitalFoobar wrote:Is there an expiration date on these?

There isn't a date on the package, but shelf life is 6 weeks in the fridge and about a year in the freezer. Duck fat can be refrigerated or frozen; our family always has a gallon pail in the fridge. It's good to slather on burns, too.

Postal1398

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Postal1398
auxdelices wrote:Why not detach the legs and confit them?

Because confit is best with the skin on as well.

kevlar51

quality posts: 43 Private Messages kevlar51

There's a restaurant near me that serves duck fat fries. Those things alone are worth the visit. They taste like Thanksgiving.

They've also got duckfat poutine, which puts it on a whole different level.

[EDIT] ...and bought. I am absolutely going to get yelled at for this.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

How would any of these taste on a salted caramel?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

rafitzge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rafitzge

I seriously was looking for some duck fat this past week to make a potato rosti - the best fat for frying potatoes, hash browns, etc. But I couldn't find any in my little town! Ordered the truffle butter as a gift last year. It was shipped very well and I kept it frozen until ready to gift. Not sure what it tasted like though.

Geniekid

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Geniekid

All of this stuff goes well with fries. You can literally dip the fries you fried using duck fat into the butter after they've been sprinkled with parmesan/pecorino and minced chives. You'll die a happy man.

ewyho

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ewyho

Auto-buy, in for 3! Woot always seem to have the truffle butters just in time when I am about to run out from the last time. I easily go through a container a month, bagels need their truffle butter!