kellymcclean

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kellymcclean

hidy ho neighbors!

Just checking in and trying to get to some of your questions.

We produced only about 650 cases of this varity, so not very large production at all.

As much as we would love to grow the Viognier, at last we did not. However we did purchase from some friends of ours in the Paso area who really specialize it in and only the top quality. Which we all knows makes a huge difference, especially when its a small varity to start with.

kellymcclean

neilfindswine wrote:I'm back to coffee... we'll see where the afternoon takes us.

Coffee is over rated...i like to put the ME in MEmosas

dmallette

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmallette
dmallette wrote:Ok, you guys helped me out tremendously! The comparisons to Grenache along with the further descriptions of the taste, finish, ect... give me enough confidence to pull the trigger on this offering!

I'm in for 1! (at this price I have a feeling I'm going to kick myself for not buying two!)

Thanks again everyone!

So I went ahead and ordered two cases. The reputation of the wine maker, along with the price point was too good to turn down! I'm going to sell half a case to a buddy, and likely give a few away at Christmas!

Wine.Woot.Win!

kellymcclean

dmallette wrote:So I went ahead and ordered two cases. The reputation of the wine maker, along with the price point was too good to turn down! I'm going to sell half a case to a buddy, and likely give a few away at Christmas!

Wine.Woot.Win!

Yahoo! Thats what we like to hear. Thank you!!

char2na

quality posts: 1 Private Messages char2na

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being sweet, 10 being dry, where would you put this?

neilfindswine

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

char2na wrote:On a scale of 1-10, 1 being sweet, 10 being dry, where would you put this?

9? Not sweet.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

fuzzball59

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuzzball59
neilfindswine wrote:9? Not sweet.

That's what I want to hear. I'm not sweet on sweet.

char2na

quality posts: 1 Private Messages char2na
neilfindswine wrote:9? Not sweet.

You chose...wisely. wine purchased.

rugrats2001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001

Thanks, Larry, that was quite enlightening!

tercerowines wrote:A few points to make here:

First off, viognier is co-fermented with syrah for a couple of potential reasons - color stability; aromatic 'kick'; tradition; interplantings. There is no 'rule' as to how much viognier can or should be included in this, and I know some wineries that co-ferment or add up to 15% to achieve what they want to. If truly co-fermented (ie you ferment the syrah and viognier together), you get the potential for greater color stability along with the potential for floral/violet aromatics and perhaps a 'softening' of the wine. If blended after fermentation, which is the case here, you won't get the color stability, but very well may get the other benefits.

As far as some finding this tannic and others soft, it may very well come down to understanding tannin AND understanding differences in palates. If one is 'bitter adverse', one may find things 'bitter and tannic' at much lower levels than someone who is not bitter adverse. How would you know? One way to generalize - if you have to drink your coffee with a good amount of cream in it, you probably don't like overtly bitter things . . . and if you drink it like me (black with 2 shots of espresso), you probably don't mind bitter/tannic things and therefore a bigger bolder red may still be 'smooth' whereas it will definitely not be that way to a bitter averse person.

Make sense? Sorry if I'm not that clear - just jumped on quickly while getting the kids ready for school (-:

Cheers

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

She's bouncing... err... blinking... err... pulsating?

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
neilfindswine wrote:She's bouncing... err... blinking... err... pulsating?

She's mine!

Neal K Bharadwaj

rottiemom45

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rottiemom45

What year?

nealkb

Is it just me, or do you not feel so bad double dipping when you bought the main wine and then go in for a plus deal? Got myself a case of these and the pinots!

Neal K Bharadwaj

rottiemom45

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rottiemom45

Sorry, I'm new at this & hadn't read far enough.

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

rottiemom45 wrote:What year?

Non Vintage. The Syrah in the blend was the '06 Estate, and the Viognier was '11.

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

nealkb wrote:Is it just me, or do you not feel so bad double dipping when you bought the main wine and then go in for a plus deal? Got myself a case of these and the pinots!

Those Pinots are stellar. And a great price.

nealkb

neilfindswine wrote:Those Pinots are stellar. And a great price.

I would have bit on the Scott Harvey's too, but I'm supposed to go pick up a shipment from them with those in it.

Neal K Bharadwaj

knotheadusc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages knotheadusc

If I weren't going to be going to Scotland next week, I would totally buy this.

nellieward

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nellieward

I just got on as I was watching the and as I went to order a case of this it went to sold ou out I guess I was a little slow on the trigge

kellymcclean

Ahhhh tears of joy! We can't thank you enough for your support!! We all hope you enjoy this wine. We know its not our "norm" big bold in-your-face Syrah but we have a little bit for everyone, no matter what your taste buds crave!

Thanks again from one small farm to your hearts!

nellieward

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nellieward

I just got on woot as I was watching the election results and as I went to order a case of this most excellent wine it went to "sold out". I guess I was a little slow on the trigger.
I am bummed. I hope the election goes better.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

Crap! I was going to buy. You snooze, you lose.

verybadperson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages verybadperson

Got our case yesterday. Opened up a bottle as soon as it arrived.

It tasted like vinegar.

Checked a second bottle, and it had completely turned.

Not a happy camper.

junkyfungus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages junkyfungus

Just got mine today, on a Saturday no less. The FedEx guy was banging on the door. At first I thought it was the bourbon from last night gone bad in my brain, but then I realized it was the door. I must have looked like a complete mess. FedEx guy laughed and said I probably don't need anymore of what's in the box. Went back to sleep for an hour but when I awoke there was already a glass poured for me.

Absolutely delicious! Light and perfect for snacking. This years traditional Italian family Thanksgiving might not be to hurtful. If I can ply everyone with lots of wine I might prevent a fight or worse.

I'm very impressed with the wine. Perfect, but now I hate myself for not going in for 3 cases.

amgrhagen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amgrhagen

I got mine on Saturday, and already on bottle #2.

It is definitely more mellow than a typical bold red due to the blend, but I like it and it was definitely worth the price. Recommend letting the wine open up a bit before drinking.

nxlinc

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nxlinc

I got my case on Friday and had a bottle Saturday. It was very good! I was a little nervous ordering a case without being familiar with this style, but now I'm glad I got it. If it comes up again I'm definitely ordering.

hiperco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hiperco

Got my case. All I can say is I wish I bought 3

need4mospd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages need4mospd

This is my favorite wine.woot purchase by FAR. I was thinking I could use these for easy Christmas gifts, but one sip got this reserved for my consumption only.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
verybadperson wrote:Got our case yesterday. Opened up a bottle as soon as it arrived.

It tasted like vinegar.

Checked a second bottle, and it had completely turned.

Not a happy camper.

Hopefully you have contacted support@woot.com by now, but if not please do!

I'm just hanging out, really.

elton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elton

Got my case and opened up a bottle. Man, initial pour was not great, which was disconcerting. Definitely recommend letting it open up for an hour, really does wonders. Happy camper.