jhkey


quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey
lassow wrote:Went in for 1 mixer last night. This will be fun to share over the holidays with my family that is FINALLY getting an appreciation for wine! All it took was a trip to Bordeaux Wish I could have gone.

Does the standard 4(+) week rest period after shipping apply to these bottles? Or should it be longer?



no empirical evidence to back this up, but I always let older wines rest a bit longer after shipment. Usually a couple months minimum. Also, don't forget to stand the bottle upright for a couple of days to a week before opening so the sediment will settle. I then use a headlamp as I decant (focused on the neck) and stop pouring once I see the sediment. Usually lose 1/2 glass, but well worth the sacrifice.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

woopdedoo


quality posts: 36 Private Messages woopdedoo
jhkey wrote:no empirical evidence to back this up, but I always let older wines rest a bit longer after shipment. Usually a couple months minimum. Also, don't forget to stand the bottle upright for a couple of days to a week before opening so the sediment will settle. I then use a headlamp as I decant (focused on the neck) and stop pouring once I see the sediment. Usually lose 1/2 glass, but well worth the sacrifice.



We need pictures!

jonahp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jonahp

I bought three packs last time. I gave one '97 as a thank you to friends for babysitting and they said it was "quite good", but that wasn't the most useful tasting note. I opened a second last night even though my wife said she wanted a margarita. She was on the phone when I handed her the glass. She took a sip, put the phone down, and said "how much of this do we have?" That is all the data I need (she doesn't use fancy terms, but she has a great palate).
Just bought two packs of the '97 and two more verticals. I'll try to open the '01 tonight to see how that compares.

ardentevintner


quality posts: 18 Private Messages ardentevintner
jonahp wrote:I bought three packs last time. I gave one '97 as a thank you to friends for babysitting and they said it was "quite good", but that wasn't the most useful tasting note. I opened a second last night even though my wife said she wanted a margarita. She was on the phone when I handed her the glass. She took a sip, put the phone down, and said "how much of this do we have?" That is all the data I need (she doesn't use fancy terms, but she has a great palate).
Just bought two packs of the '97 and two more verticals. I'll try to open the '01 tonight to see how that compares.



Awesome! You know what they say..."Happy wife, happy life"! ;) Nice buy and enjoy! Cheers, Angela

ardentevintner


quality posts: 18 Private Messages ardentevintner
ardentevintner wrote:Awesome! You know what they say..."Happy wife, happy life"! ;) Nice buy and enjoy! Cheers, Angela



Oh! And I hope you get lots of babysitting out of that gift. With two kids under two I know how hard it is to find someone who will give up a Friday or Saturday so you can get out...Thanks for the support

1080me


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1080me

Just ordered the Estate Library! Super excited for it to get here! It'll be most aged cabs i've ever had!

ardentevintner


quality posts: 18 Private Messages ardentevintner
1080me wrote:Just ordered the Estate Library! Super excited for it to get here! It'll be most aged cabs i've ever had!



Awesome! Congrats. Hope you *love* them Cheers, Angela

jonahp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jonahp
ardentevintner wrote:Oh! And I hope you get lots of babysitting out of that gift. With two kids under two I know how hard it is to find someone who will give up a Friday or Saturday so you can get out...Thanks for the support



Mine are both under four, so I know where you're coming from. Here's a product story for you. In the three minutes between getting home from work and taking my daughter to the urgent care center (just regular sick, nothing life threatening) I managed to open a bottle of the '02 cab. That was not well received by my wife, with screaming daughter who couldn't keep anything down, but she was happy to see it when we got back. So all you new parents, remember most of parenthood's little crises are just opportunities to decant.
As for the wine, it didn't quite match the complexity of the '97, but it was very good. I look forward to having the rest tomorrow. I have no need for wine right now, but the value here is outrageous. I think I'm going to have to re-reorder.

jonahp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jonahp

Ok, that makes six packs today (liking the high limits). Must go to sleep to avoid taking advantage of more free shipping (and because there's no way a sick child is letting me sleep through the night).

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
jonahp wrote:I bought three packs last time. I gave one '97 as a thank you to friends for babysitting and they said it was "quite good", but that wasn't the most useful tasting note. I opened a second last night even though my wife said she wanted a margarita. She was on the phone when I handed her the glass. She took a sip, put the phone down, and said "how much of this do we have?" That is all the data I need (she doesn't use fancy terms, but she has a great palate).
Just bought two packs of the '97 and two more verticals. I'll try to open the '01 tonight to see how that compares.



Ya I bought a "case" (1 97 & 3 Verticals) on Monday, and just about ready to buy some more, after drinking a "02" earlier this week
a 7 day event isn't fair

ardentevintner


quality posts: 18 Private Messages ardentevintner
jonahp wrote:Ok, that makes six packs today (liking the high limits). Must go to sleep to avoid taking advantage of more free shipping (and because there's no way a sick child is letting me sleep through the night).



Hope you got some sleep in between all of that! Sorry to hear about the sickness. The toughest days of parenthood are when my kids are sick or hurt. You truly realize how much our lives revolve around them. Wine definitely helps ease the pain a bit...

ardentevintner


quality posts: 18 Private Messages ardentevintner
fredrinaldi wrote:Ya I bought a "case" (1 97 & 3 Verticals) on Monday, and just about ready to buy some more, after drinking a "02" earlier this week
a 7 day event isn't fair



It's totally fair! This way you get to really take advantage and have no regrets I am sure the wine will be gobbled too soon. Cheers again!

ardentevintner


quality posts: 18 Private Messages ardentevintner

The sale is almost over!! Just a few more hours left so drink up an order more No, seriously, thank you for all who participated in the discussion, especially those who came back with detailed feedback and those who returned to buy more. Hope you all have an a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration with your families. Cheers, Angela

nealkb


quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
ardentevintner wrote:The sale is almost over!! Just a few more hours left so drink up an order more No, seriously, thank you for all who participated in the discussion, especially those who came back with detailed feedback and those who returned to buy more. Hope you all have an a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration with your families. Cheers, Angela


Ending soon? This is going till Monday morning.

Neal K Bharadwaj

ardentevintner


quality posts: 18 Private Messages ardentevintner
nealkb wrote:Ending soon? This is going till Monday morning.



Ooops! Just kidding...can you tell I am sleep-deprived parent today?! Sorry...thanks for calling me out. Enjoy the weekend, wooters! Thanks, Angela

clockmn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages clockmn

The 97 maybe the best wine I have ever drank from woot :-) Thanks woot! Now I am spoiled!

clockmn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages clockmn
clockmn wrote:The 97 maybe the best wine I have ever drank from woot :-) Thanks woot! Now I am spoiled!



Sorry I still love you to thou Scott Harvey!

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

whoa is me, Just bought 2 more of the 97 three packs, total order is three 97 three packs & three of the Vertical, plus I still have 5 from last offer, It's gonna be a VERY Merry Christmas.

ardentevintner


quality posts: 18 Private Messages ardentevintner
clockmn wrote:The 97 maybe the best wine I have ever drank from woot :-) Thanks woot! Now I am spoiled!



Wow! What a compliment Thank you! Cheers, Angela

ardentevintner


quality posts: 18 Private Messages ardentevintner
fredrinaldi wrote:whoa is me, Just bought 2 more of the 97 three packs, total order is three 97 three packs & three of the Vertical, plus I still have 5 from last offer, It's gonna be a VERY Merry Christmas.



Merry Christmas to you, Mr.! Thank you and enjoy, Angela

eluofthenine


quality posts: 8 Private Messages eluofthenine

Broke my siwbm on the vertical. Had to try that 97! Got out alive with only one click, so far...

greyday


quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday

I have now drank through a full vertical, and I have to say I really like this wine. Drinks WAYYY above the price, and the 2002 is much more fruit forward (in comparison), with the 2001 falling comfortably in between. If I didn't already have two more verticals, a full cellar, and a toght budget, I would be all over this deal. I still might be, even all that considered...

ardentevintner


quality posts: 18 Private Messages ardentevintner
greyday wrote:I have now drank through a full vertical, and I have to say I really like this wine. Drinks WAYYY above the price, and the 2002 is much more fruit forward (in comparison), with the 2001 falling comfortably in between. If I didn't already have two more verticals, a full cellar, and a toght budget, I would be all over this deal. I still might be, even all that considered...



Thank you for your great feedback! I agree, this wine drinks way above its regular retail price. It is an absolute STEAL to get it here through this deal!! So glad you enjoyed it Cheers, Angela

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Downed another "97" watching my Bruins beat Washington State last night. Nice evening.

bobrush12866


quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866

Bought 3 of the library selection last time around....Purchased 2 of the 97 on the first day of wootplus offering based on the comments, followed by an 01 a day or two later. Finally opened a 97 last night...Great wine...so buying another 97 before it disappears.

Hey winery: How bout putting up the 1999 next time!

bobrush12866


quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866

2001 Cabernet was just available on WTSO for $17.99 a bottle with free shipping on 4 or more. What's that all about woot? Less than woot price by $2.00 a bottle and free shipping. Should have waited!!

noogadave


quality posts: 0 Private Messages noogadave

Any idea when these are shipping? Hoping to be able to crack one open over Thanksgiving dinner

tzarfoss


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tzarfoss

Bought the 97 three pack and drank the first one a month or so ago which was excellent. Opened up the second last night and it was corked, dumped it and opened the third which was just as good as the 1st

bkarlan


quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

All out, need more.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
bkarlan wrote:All out, need more.

He who snoozes, stays sober. Many of us have multiple cases. Stunning QPR WD scored here.

CT

bkarlan


quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
rjquillin wrote:He who snoozes, stays sober. Many of us have multiple cases. Stunning QPR WD scored here.



I am hopefully it will re appear. I bought in a few times when I saw it up on the wine woot sight and again on the woot plus site.

You are absolutely correct, the QPR is great. Dare I say I would pay even a little more for it :O

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill