WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Thanksgiving Holiday Wines

These wines, we're assured, will arrive in time for Thanksgiving! Won't that be lovely? Now you just have 999,999 other things to do to prepare. Or in scientific terms roughly 101 hectoJayZs. Go on, punk. Check our math.

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1645 Private Messages Cesare

Thanksgiving Holiday Wines

Pacific Rim Riesling Variety 6-Pack
$79.99 (Normally $116.00) 31% off List Price
2011 Riesling, Columbia Valley
2010 Riesling Wallula Vineyard (Biodynamic) Columbia Valley's Horse Heaven Hills
White Flowers Sparkling Riesling
2011 Riesling Made from Organic Grapes
2010 Riesling Solstice Vineyard, Yakima Valley
White Flowers Sweet Sparkling Riesling
Previous offer: 10/11/12

Inspiration Vineyards Holiday Whites 3-Pack
$49.99 (Normally $73.50) 32% off List Price
2009 Chardonnay ~ Estate, Russian River Valley
2009 Viognier ~ Russian River Valley
2009 Sauvignon Blanc ~ Dry Creek Valley

Tudor Wines Library Pinot Noir 2-Pack
$59.99 (Normally $129.20) 54% off List Price
2006 Tudor Pinot Noir, Anderson Valley
2006 Tudor Wines Pinot Noir, Santa Lucia Highlands

Scott Harvey Barbera and Syrah 750ml 3-Pack
$56.99 (Normally $94.99) 40% off List Price
2009 Barbera, Amador County, J&S Reserve
2010 Barbera, Mountain Selection
2008 Syrah, Mountain Selection

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

So, red for holiday? White? Both?

I'm just hanging out, really.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

inkycatz wrote:So, red for holiday? White? Both?

Both!

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

texacaliali

quality posts: 136 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

neilfindswine wrote:Both!

great line-up, the white offerings are perfect! Thanksgiving Day, the best drinking day of the year.

WineDavid was my Boss!

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

The Scott Harvey selection was made for me! I love the reserve Barbera, it's one of the best wines made in California, and by far the best US Barbera I've ever had and his mountain selection Syrah is a gread crowd-pleaser, and delicious with a winter lamb stew! Do you still portify it Scott?
The Mountain Selection Barbera 06 I loved too, eing very zingy, but I thought the 07 too heavy. How is this one Scott, and how does it compare in ingredients and flavour?

richardhod

I still have two or three Anderson Valley Tudors from my order when this came up a while back. Outstanding, and almost as good as the Inspiration pinots noirs. Very highly recommended, and it's $40-45 retail, so at $30 it's a pretty good deal, if not woot's best.

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Really nice selection! I love the Inspiration wines (have tried all of those, all terrific), the Scott Harvey is great, and I am intrigued to try the Pacific Rim Riesling Variety 6-Pack, would love to try that Riesling bubbly (fun hot tub drink)!!!

dantudor@tudorwines.com

quality posts: 46 Private Messages dantudor@tudorwines.com

Greetings wine.wooters! Dan Tudor here. We've released some of the library stash for the holidays. (only because we love the guys at WOOT and need to pay for all the stuff my girlfriend is buying from their other woot offerings!)

These two 06's are drinking incredibly. Blind taste them next to any grand cru burgs of the same age and I'll bet you prefer the Tudors. They really show how CA pinot can age if made with the correct balance, acid, etc. Let me know if you have any questions

dantudor@tudorwines.com

quality posts: 46 Private Messages dantudor@tudorwines.com
richardhod wrote:I still have two or three Anderson Valley Tudors from my order when this came up a while back. Outstanding, and almost as good as the Inspiration pinots noirs. Very highly recommended, and it's $40-45 retail, so at $30 it's a pretty good deal, if not woot's best.

Thank you for the support! Current Retail price is $55/btl on these two wines.

twstdvn

quality posts: 72 Private Messages twstdvn

Hi everyone - Jon here from Inspiration... This will likely be the last offering for these whites. We're almost out at the winery and this ENTIRE selection are ALL tasting great!

For those of you who like a “less than traditional Turkey day”, try our Viognier with Venison Chili… otherwise, our Sauv Blanc & our Chardonnay will pair nicely with all of you TurDucken fans… ;) A big thank you to the woot community for your support!

twstdvn

bsevern wrote:Really nice selection! I love the Inspiration wines (have tried all of those, all terrific), the Scott Harvey is great, and I am intrigued to try the Pacific Rim Riesling Variety 6-Pack, would love to try that Riesling bubbly (fun hot tub drink)!!!

Thank you very much - I think this entire line-up (everyone elses wine too!) for TG is awesome!

thomasmikebailey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thomasmikebailey

Hello Everyone! Thomas here from Pacific Rim Winery. If you haven't a chance to try our single vineyard dry rieslings(Solstice, Wallula) or A dry riesling - you are in for a real thanksgiving treat! These wines are elegant and nuanced with an abundance of flavor.

The Sparklers are also a playful take on the German Sekt style of wines, and just plain fun.

Riesling in all its amagalmations is perfect for the holidays. Hope you enjoy!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

thomasmikebailey wrote:Hello Everyone! Thomas here from Pacific Rim Winery. If you haven't a chance to try our single vineyard dry rieslings(Solstice, Wallula) or A dry riesling - you are in for a real thanksgiving treat! These wines are elegant and nuanced with an abundance of flavor.

The Sparklers are also a playful take on the German Sekt style of wines, and just plain fun.

Riesling in all its amagalmations is perfect for the holidays. Hope you enjoy!

thanks for coming by!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

I know the deal about individual wineries and state shipping, but I have to take this opportunity to say how incredibly disappointed I am that there is no shipping to VA for these offers.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
slm9951 wrote:I know the deal about individual wineries and state shipping, but I have to take this opportunity to say how incredibly disappointed I am that there is no shipping to VA for these offers.

Read yesterday's main offering thread (Boomtown). You may be disappointed for awhile.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

confusedemmy

quality posts: 22 Private Messages confusedemmy

Wanted to point out a typo/editorial error on the Sauv Blanc write-up...
"On the pallet, flavors of grapefruit, grass and just a hint of oak that’s accentuated by a balanced tartness."

I think y'all mean palate, unless you're tasting them on a flat thing in a warehouse?

slm9951

North316 wrote:Read yesterday's main offering thread (Boomtown). You may be disappointed for awhile.

Geez, thanks for the sad info! I had no idea and have been wondering why VA hasn't been in the recent offerings. Hope winedavid can work quickly on this and I appreciate his efforts.

slm9951

Even though my state prevents me from taking advantage of the Inspration selections, I just want to comment on how delicious these wines are from my past experience! I am jealous of all you who are able to buy.

stebs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stebs

Scott, I want to buy your wines so badly from woot!, but they never ship to MA, RI, or CT anymore. To be fair, I don't think Massachusetts or Rhode Island have EVER had shipping on woot!, but CT has in the past! I will continue to rage against silly laws that keep me from drinking more of your wonderful wines...

Neophyte Oenophile Extraordinaire

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
stebs wrote:Scott, I want to buy your wines so badly from woot!, but they never ship to MA, RI, or CT anymore. To be fair, I don't think Massachusetts or Rhode Island have EVER had shipping on woot!, but CT has in the past! I will continue to rage against silly laws that keep me from drinking more of your wonderful wines...

Per Scott on his 10/22 offering of Jana Old Vine Zin:

"We have no plans to add either CT or Maryland. The cost if the license is to great for the amount of wine we sell there. Call the winery and we'll see what we can do to ship it through a third party shipper. The winery number is 707 968-9575 and ask for Jana"

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

neilfindswine

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

PemberDucky wrote:thanks for coming by!

Agreed, good to see so many of our favorites here in one boutique; wines shipped in time for the holiday!

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
neilfindswine wrote: wines shipped in time for the holiday!

This is the key part, imo.

I'm just hanging out, really.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
slm9951 wrote:Even though my state prevents me from taking advantage of the Inspration selections, I just want to comment on how delicious these wines are from my past experience! I am jealous of all you who are able to buy.

Find a wootlegger close to you in another state?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

twstdvn

slm9951 wrote:Even though my state prevents me from taking advantage of the Inspration selections, I just want to comment on how delicious these wines are from my past experience! I am jealous of all you who are able to buy.

Thank you VERY Much - I appreciate your kind words...

twstdvn

Hey all - just thought I'd also mention it here and I'll leave a post on the broader board - I'm coming to Illinois on Friday for my Fall Road Trip. I'd love to see all of you wooters there while I'm on the road. I should have my updated itin up on the website by tomorrow morning.

richardhod

Ha! Then I found a shop down the coast doing good prices

dantudor@tudorwines.com wrote:Greetings wine.wooters! Dan Tudor here. We've released some of the library stash for the holidays. (only because we love the guys at WOOT and need to pay for all the stuff my girlfriend is buying from their other woot offerings!)

These two 06's are drinking incredibly. Blind taste them next to any grand cru burgs of the same age and I'll bet you prefer the Tudors. They really show how CA pinot can age if made with the correct balance, acid, etc. Let me know if you have any questions

gephross100

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gephross100

I think the Gazzi Estate Syrah offered on here last spring was also a Scott Harvey that I got on here and I still have 1 bottle stashed because it is so good when the last bottle is gone I will cry.

c u

richardhod

the gazzi was good but variable, being old. One was ok, one good, one excellent, but my last bottle was off, sadly! But then they're 8-year-old Pinots.

gephross100 wrote:I think the Gazzi Estate Syrah offered on here last spring was also a Scott Harvey that I got on here and I still have 1 bottle stashed because it is so good when the last bottle is gone I will cry.

gephross100

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gephross100
richardhod wrote:the gazzi was good but variable, being old. One was ok, one good, one excellent, but my last bottle was off, sadly! But then they're 8-year-old Pinots.

Yeah I am in for 2 of this order, I'll bring a couple of these to thanksgiving and offer the last bottle of the gazzi I have as I saw someone say they thought the bottle was slightly out of its drinking prime for a bottle they uncorked in sept.

c u