rjquillin

quality posts: 184 Private Messages rjquillin
cmaldoon wrote:Does anyone else get to play wine bottle Tetris to try and fit everything in?

I've found it much easier just go procure additional storage..

[Sparky!]

CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

I know kids are stupid but my god. I wonder how this world advances.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta
cmaldoon wrote:I have purchased a very large amount of wine this year.

This. +1

cmaldoon wrote:Does anyone else get to play wine bottle Tetris to try and fit everything in?

Absolutely. Anytime I get more than a case at a time I end up having to shuffle. Even worse when I have that specific bottle I am looking for...

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cmaldoon wrote:Just got done accepting 7 boxes of wine, filing most of that away in my locker and then bring 20 bottles home to put in my local stash. I have purchased a very large amount of wine this year. Does anyone else get to play wine bottle Tetris to try and fit everything in?

I think I have room for the remaining 2 cases on their way but I need to drink as fast or faster than I purchase from here on out.

Hello!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:I've found it much easier just go procure additional storage..

[Sparky!]

Yes, but at a certain point, it's easier to get a huge Mega locker with another Wineaux!!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Well, I successfully resisted the Boomtown, McClean, and Wellington offers (at a great strain I might add!), but the Falling Dreams t-shirt is still beckoning!!

Edit: Anyone else getting glitches like posting a new post, and then ending up at the Wine thread, and not back where you were posting??

Keeps happening, even on new posts vs. editing old posts.

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:Yes, but at a certain point, it's easier to get a huge Mega locker with another Wineaux!!!

Yes, but you two are too far away, but I do lust for the opulence of your digs, especially compared to the hovel of my cubicles, and of course the Tetris of the contents.

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm

Happy Friday!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Man I thought since I'm limiting computer time due to my eyes I would be safe, but the wellington offer is so tempting, anyone willing to part with a few bottles? I would say Duke, Cab, and a Zin? I know its along shot, but the I think i'm at 70 bottles in my attic which I know is small by Sparky standards, but way too large by my standards. I'm in Ithaca for anyone who wants to know.

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
bhodilee wrote:I must be bad at life. I don't care about the savings at all. I look at the wine and say, hey sounds good and I can afford it yes/no. If yes buy, if no don't.

I've never saw a wine and said ZOMG, 60% OFF, I HAVE TO BUY THAT!!!!!!!!

If that's how you buy wine, you're an wishbone.

I think we would get along very well.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
mommadeb1 wrote:I am soooo sick and tired of getting migraines!!!! good thing I didn't have to work today!!!! grrrrrrr!!!!!

Sorry, I am so far behind. Catching up now.

Have you tried an injection called Sumavel DosePro? Hurts like hell, but works wonders.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

bahwm

tiger7610 wrote:Man I thought since I'm limiting computer time due to my eyes I would be safe, but the wellington offer is so tempting, anyone willing to part with a few bottles? I would say Duke, Cab, and a Zin? I know its along shot, but the I think i'm at 70 bottles in my attic which I know is small by Sparky standards, but way too large by my standards. I'm in Ithaca for anyone who wants to know.

What's going on with your eyes?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:Yes, but at a certain point, it's easier to get a huge Mega locker with another Wineaux!!!

Do you mind mentioning exactly how huge? There's "climate controlled" storage less than 3 miles from home, and I'm thinking about it. Have to check into exactly how climate-controlled it is, but it would help to have an idea what size I should be looking for.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:Edit: Anyone else getting glitches like posting a new post, and then ending up at the Wine thread, and not back where you were posting??

Keeps happening, even on new posts vs. editing old posts.

It's been happening since the Troubles, but randomly. Can't predict the specific circumstances.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Well. I share a not so mega locker with CAgirl. 3 shelves slated to each hold 8-9 cases. My top shelf currently has over 11 cases and my bottom one is at 8.5 with room for 20 more bottles. That's the kind of Tetris I do! At least it makes it more cost effective if I just get more bottles in a set space.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:Do you mind mentioning exactly how huge? There's "climate controlled" storage less than 3 miles from home, and I'm thinking about it. Have to check into exactly how climate-controlled it is, but it would help to have an idea what size I should be looking for.

Tetris for me really is like Tetris. The two larger lockers are ~ 3x3x3 cases and a huge pita if what I want was first in. More like the smaller unit's at Sparky's, not the huge "walk in clothes closet" type affair you could put a hammock in now. But that 27 case cube I now have is only $35/month ($1.296/year/bottle) too...

CT

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Do you mind mentioning exactly how huge? There's "climate controlled" storage less than 3 miles from home, and I'm thinking about it. Have to check into exactly how climate-controlled it is, but it would help to have an idea what size I should be looking for.

They estimated box storage around 330 cases. Then there is the first set of 20 cases in racks (750ml), and the second set of 20 cases in racks (350ml & 1.5l).

So total of around 370 cases ... which should be good until early next year for the both of us.

The nice part is we can have our wines shipped directly there, and they hold them for us in a room inside the cellar area. So we don't have to worry about them sitting in a hot truck or storage facility while they try to deliver the wine to us.

Unless the Woot Servers "change" your shipping address back to your default. Which has happened several times now since "The Troubles" started, but this past week was the first time in about a month.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

RPM tourists, do you remember a pickled...something or other...at the Pedroncelli lunch? I can't remember exactly what it was. Looked at the recipes on their site but didn't see it.

MarkDaSpark

chemvictim wrote:RPM tourists, do you remember a pickled...something or other...at the Pedroncelli lunch? I can't remember exactly what it was. Looked at the recipes on their site but didn't see it.

I was thinking that you should look in the RPM Tour Thread, where I had posted a link to the recipe, because they removed it from their site. Except the recipe wasn't for their Pickled Zucchini. But it was for their Nom! Nom! Cupcakes. And the link was to the post in the Pub. Doh!

It was Pickled Zucchini with onions. So I would imagine almost any pickle recipe would work.

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs!!!!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

Bad ass LG front loaders procured. 4 cubic feet of washing power. Wife is Happy, bowtie is dead broke. But wife is happy, so who cares.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:ThunderThighs!!!!

Onerous Massive Family Gathering! The headless turkey is doing gangnam style!

chemvictim

MarkDaSpark wrote:I was thinking that you should look in the RPM Tour Thread, where I had posted a link to the recipe, because they removed it from their site. Except the recipe wasn't for their Pickled Zucchini. But it was for their Nom! Nom! Cupcakes. And the link was to the post in the Pub. Doh!

It was Pickled Zucchini with onions. So I would imagine almost any pickle recipe would work.

OK thanks, that's helpful! I couldn't remember which veggie was pickled!

chemvictim

bhodilee wrote:Bad ass LG front loaders procured. 4 cubic feet of washing power. Wife is Happy, bowtie is dead broke. But wife is happy, so who cares.

Reverse the roles, and replace front loaders with old jeep trailer for him to "play with." Wife ain't happy.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:ThunderThighs!!!!

You bellowed?

IT'S DANCING!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:You bellowed?

IT'S DANCING!

Spam in the Saké thread. Again.

Maybe changing the title of the thread might help? Then they might not find it?

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bkarlan wrote:Sorry, I am so far behind. Catching up now.

Have you tried an injection called Sumavel DosePro? Hurts like hell, but works wonders.

never heard of it... tell me more

MarkDaSpark

Thanks to all former and current Veterans!

Happy Veterans Day!!!

MarkDaSpark

Congrats to JoelSisk & MichelleShari on the new addition to their happy family.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus

SWMBO goes back to work tomorrow (she's had 13 weeks off) and I become a stay at home dad and work nights. Not sure how much we're going to like not seeing each other except for weekends, but it's the best decision financially. We'll see how it goes.... :/

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:SWMBO goes back to work tomorrow (she's had 13 weeks off) and I become a stay at home dad and work nights. Not sure how much we're going to like not seeing each other except for weekends, but it's the best decision financially. We'll see how it goes.... :/

Be glad you're not in Spain, you'd have to wear those shiny yellow vests at work.

ThunderThighs

Staff

kylemittskus wrote:SWMBO goes back to work tomorrow (she's had 13 weeks off) and I become a stay at home dad and work nights. Not sure how much we're going to like not seeing each other except for weekends, but it's the best decision financially. We'll see how it goes.... :/

Find family member or friend that will babysit to give you guys some quality together time. Good luck.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mommadeb1

bhodilee wrote:Bad ass LG front loaders procured. 4 cubic feet of washing power. Wife is Happy, bowtie is dead broke. But wife is happy, so who cares.

I have the LG top loader and LOVE it!!

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:

congrats!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

I have LG front loaders and love them. They play such a happy little tune when they're done.

FORUM MODERATOR

chemvictim

Good luck! Maybe it won't be as bad as you think. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, and all that.

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:

Yeah! Congrats!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
MarkDaSpark wrote:

Mazel tov.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

We did that, before the first child. Not fun, but not all that bad. I'd wake up and say "Hi" when she came home. Once in a while she'd wake up in the AM as I left. And you'll have the baby to keep you busy. Very busy.

So, good luck.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

cortot20

quality posts: 159 Private Messages cortot20

my wives leave ended already. But we are going to give one income a go and see if we can make it work.

It will just mean tightening the belt a bit and I'll need to slow down on the pricier wine purchases.

Good luck to you guys and hopefully you are mentally prep'd for spending all day with a 3 month old. I know I'm not.

CT