PetiteSirah

quality posts: 80 Private Messages PetiteSirah

PoSt away, folks!

(And yes, that substation did explode...)

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

klezman

quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman
Itwdswafo wrote:Ooooooh.... Time stamps!

What time stamps? Still says "7 minutes ago" or other equally useless relative time statements on posts for me.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of November 4th.

November
11/23: MN#?: Black Friday Retreat

December
TBD: SoCal #23: Housewarming at Chez Klez(man) for molarche (West LA/Culver City)

January 2013
1/19: Austin #1
1/26 - 1/27: Buffalo/WNY #10: Ice Wine Festival (Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada)

February 2013
2/22: 2013 Dark & Delicious (Alameda, CA)
2/23 - 2/24: 2013 D&D Napa/Sonoma Weekend

Pending
TBD: NorCal: Volcanic Terroir and/or Eastern European Finds
TBD: NorCal: Wheelbarrow o' Wine
TBD: Dallas #11
TBD: Arizona Verde Valley Winery Weekend

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Itwdswafo
klezman wrote:What time stamps? Still says "7 minutes ago" or other equally useless relative time statements on posts for me.

Go back a day.

Edit: Unless that's the way it has been.... Never really been that far back to notice. And I just got home from a 13 hour day at work. Leame alone!!

klezman

quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman
Itwdswafo wrote:Go back a day.

Edit: Unless that's the way it has been.... Never really been that far back to notice. And I just got home from a 13 hour day at work. Leame alone!!

Yeah, that's been the (crappy) status quo for a while now. Relative (and useless) time statements for the first 24 hours after a post is made, then real timestamps afterward. Pout.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

Itwdswafo wrote:Go back a day.

Um, IIRC, they changed it that way about a month or so ago. They only have the time-stamp for older (>24 hours) posts now.

Edit: Dang it Klez!!!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
MarkDaSpark wrote:

We are all just eagerly waiting for updates on your CT progress.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:We are all just eagerly waiting for updates on your CT progress.

Sorry, it's been slow, since I haven't had time to go in and start adding the Wine Club orders. But I will this week!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Some friends coming back from England were able to get me a bottle of Highland Park Drakkar Scotch.

Only available in duty free shops. Sherry cask finished. Had a sample in Heathrow when we flew out. Can't wait to get home to try it again.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

I am soooo sick and tired of getting migraines!!!! good thing I didn't have to work today!!!! grrrrrrr!!!!!

MarkDaSpark

Has anyone else had problems with the new Support at Woot email?

Sent an email last week, and no acknowledgement nor response yet.

Just sent another email about a different problem (magical shipping address change), first to Service, then to Support once I remembered.

Got a response back, assigning me a Case Number. Only problem is, I HAVE NO CLUE as to which email it is regarding. Last week's? Today's?? The email is totally worthless other than to let me know I have a case number assigned to some problem.

Edit: Just got a second Case Number email. Still don't know what it's for. Is if for the first Support email sent last week? For the one sent today?

Or was the other one for the one sent to Service today, and the second one for the one sent to Support today?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
mommadeb1 wrote:I am soooo sick and tired of getting migraines!!!! good thing I didn't have to work today!!!! grrrrrrr!!!!!

LSD helps. Seriously.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:Has anyone else had problems with the new Support at Woot email?

Just sent another email about a different problem (magical shipping address change), first to Service, then to Support once I remembered.

Got a response back, assigning me a Case Number. Only problem is, I HAVE NO CLUE as to which email it is regarding. Last week's? Today's?? The email is totally worthless other than to let me know I have a case number assigned to some problem.

I haven't, but I have read on other threads that people are having issues. We email "support" now instead of "service"?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
MarkDaSpark wrote:Has anyone else had problems with the new Support at Woot email?

:| You could use the case number and mail in and ask them which case it is regarding.

I'm just hanging out, really.

inkycatz

mommadeb1 wrote:I am soooo sick and tired of getting migraines!!!! good thing I didn't have to work today!!!! grrrrrrr!!!!!

Feel better. Here is a soothing otter in hopes that helps.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:I haven't, but I have read on other threads that people are having issues. We email "support" now instead of "service"?

Yes, per ThunderThighs and InkyCatz sig lines.

MarkDaSpark

inkycatz wrote::| You could use the case number and mail in and ask them which case it is regarding.

I would, but I'm afraid of getting a third email back with another case number!!!

At least the old emails from Service included your original email, so you knew what the Case was about.

Now, who knows??? (The Shadow knows, but he's MIA).

Edit: Or did the acknowledgement back not include it, and then the "live" person response include it???? Shoot. Now I have to go look. Or not.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
inkycatz wrote::| You could use the case number and mail in and ask them which case it is regarding.

But what do you do if they merely respond with yet another case number?
EDIT: Sparky beat me by a few seconds, because he types faster.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:But what do you do if they merely respond with yet another case number?

Whoa! Deja Vu!

Edit: Seconds??? Try a minute!

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

That soothing otter is adorable!

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:Yes, per ThunderThighs and InkyCatz sig lines.

Ah. I never saw the change. I just filled in "service" because that's what I expected to read.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
kylemittskus wrote:Ah. I never saw the change. I just filled in "service" because that's what I expected to read.

Yeah, support? I thought that's what the wine was for!

CT

MarkDaSpark

And then a shipment arrived today at my wine locker. Problem is that it "shipped" (Picked up) from Carson on the 2nd, sat there til the 3rd, then "left" (3rd at Noon) for Anaheim where it arrived this morning (5th at 4:55 am).

So it sat in a truck 1/2 day Saturday and all day Sunday when the temps were hot here in SoCal again.

So I'm trying to figure out why shipped from Carson, and why it sat over the weekend. It also may be a 3 bottle shipment, which I'm not expecting at all.

AWOSPDWNOVWC3PK = AWOSPDW / Nov / Wine Club / 3 Pack

So it looks like a November Wine Club shipment, with up to 3 wines. If it's 2 bottles, it could be my Ty Caton club shipment (2010 PS & Upper Bench Merlot). But they indicated they wouldn't ship based on weather. So I don't think it's them. Plus they've always used a 2-bottle shipper for 2 bottles.

It was sent by Lulu (or LULU) of ILS Inc. which rings no bells either.

And other WC shipments are not scheduled to ship until this week, and none are 3 bottles either.

Edit: According to this, ILS Inc. is a warehouse in SoCal. So it could be they store wine for wineries there.

Edit2: Yep

inkycatz

ddeuddeg wrote:But what do you do if they merely respond with yet another case number?
EDIT: Sparky beat me by a few seconds, because he types faster.

Hang out and be patient, because they will get to the case?

I know, it's a bit frustrating. Sorry.

polarbear22

MarkDaSpark wrote:And then a shipment arrived today at my wine locker. Problem is that it "shipped" (Picked up) from Carson on the 2nd, sat there til the 3rd, then "left" (3rd at Noon) for Anaheim where it arrived this morning (5th at 4:55 am).

So it sat in a truck 1/2 day Saturday and all day Sunday when the temps were hot here in SoCal again.

So I'm trying to figure out why shipped from Carson, and why it sat over the weekend. It also may be a 3 bottle shipment, which I'm not expecting at all.

So it looks like a November Wine Club shipment, with up to 3 wines. If it's 2 bottles, it could be my Ty Caton club shipment (2010 PS & Upper Bench Merlot). But they indicated they wouldn't ship based on weather. So I don't think it's them. Plus they've always used a 2-bottle shipper for 2 bottles.

And other WC shipments are not scheduled to ship until this week, and none are 3 bottles either.

Lulu was the shipper for Vincent Arroyo for me.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:Lulu was the shipper for Vincent Arroyo for me.

VA order arrived 2 weeks ago, in time for inclusion in the bottle total. (No wines ordered after the end are included).

polarbear22

MarkDaSpark wrote:VA order arrived 2 weeks ago, in time for inclusion in the bottle total. (No wines ordered after the end are included).

Maybe they sent you bonus bottles, or the first was not a full order? My VA order was initiated in Carson, and Fed Ex tells me shipper is LULU CHEN of ILS.

Good luck.

My Cellar

chemvictim

Gel versus sponge. That is the question of the day.

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
chemvictim wrote:Gel versus sponge. That is the question of the day.

keep the BC to the Politicks thread?

kylemittskus

joelsisk wrote:keep the BC to the Politicks thread?

HA!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
inkycatz wrote:Feel better. Here is a soothing otter in hopes that helps.

I want an otter so bad it's physically painful.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

chemvictim

joelsisk wrote:keep the BC to the Politicks thread?

LOL

I've come to the conclusion that a gel is not a sponge, and a sponge is not a gel, although a gel can be sponge-like and a sponge could be gel-like. My brain hurts.

Edit: there is such a thing as a porous gel. If a gel is porous, does it become a sponge?

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
chemvictim wrote:LOL

I've come to the conclusion that a gel is not a sponge, and a sponge is not a gel, although a gel can be sponge-like and a sponge could be gel-like. My brain hurts.

I can only assume this has some bearing on a patent application...

chemvictim

joelsisk wrote:I can only assume this has some bearing on a patent application...

Indeed. One "thing" is a gel, and the other "thing" is a sponge, but they are made the same way, from the same material. So I'm thinking one man's firm, porous gel is another man's sponge.

bhodilee

chemvictim wrote:Indeed. One "thing" is a gel, and the other "thing" is a sponge, but they are made the same way, from the same material. So I'm thinking one man's firm, porous gel is another man's sponge.

is the gel absorbent? Some gels are I guess. conundrum

Is it boob implants?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bhodilee

First off, it was fun while it lasted Mike Vick, you suck at football almost as much as you suck at life.

Second, who can tell me whats wrong with this, aside from it being hideous.

chemvictim

bhodilee wrote:is the gel absorbent? Some gels are I guess. conundrum

Is it boob implants?

Nope. Spine thing. Maybe you could use it for boobs...new patent application idea!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:And then a shipment arrived today at my wine locker. Problem is that it "shipped" (Picked up) from Carson on the 2nd, sat there til the 3rd, then "left" (3rd at Noon) for Anaheim where it arrived this morning (5th at 4:55 am).

Edit: According to this, ILS Inc. is a warehouse in SoCal. So it could be they store wine for wineries there.

Edit2: Yep

This is what totally out of control must be like.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
kylemittskus wrote:LSD helps. Seriously.

I am about ready to try anything!!!! nothing like spending your day off, in bed in total pain!! poor kids, came home from school, came into my room to tell me they were home and that is all they saw of me....til they came in to tell me they were going to bed...