tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
texacaliali wrote:well sorta, more in the calorie consumption department, day drinking typically leads to massive amounts of night drinking, which then leads to stuffing my face.

well i only feel guilt when I'm buying.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
tercerowines wrote:I want to commend all of those who have commented on this thread, including those who are 'concerned' about pricing and about discounts.

The wine world certainly can be a challenging one, and I think many consumers have grown accustomed to fantastic deals, both here and elsewhere. It seems to me that the vast majority of these 'deals' have involved wines
that either a winery or distributor was truly

trying to 'move quickly' and therefore were willing to sell at pretty steep discounts.

What we have here, and what you'll hopefully continue to see more of, are current release
wines that are still 'active' in the marketplace but ones the winery wants to offer to the wine.woot community

I truly hope that it does not simply come down to 'how big a discount am I getting' when it
comes to the decision of purchasing wine. Where does 'quality' come into play> Where does 'ability to pair with food' come into play? And how do you define 'QPR' when it comes to wines? Do you compare variety to variety,
region to region, vintage to vintage, case
production of winery to case production of winery? Most don't, but perhaps more should.

As a small producer, I dig the wine.woot community, just as other winemakers have
said here and on previous offers. The immediacy of feedback and the give and take are awesome and right up my alley - and that's why I enjoy posting and taking part in offers from time to time . . .

I do hope that it does not just come down to 'discounts off of retail' and 'how low can you go' - if it does, my guess is that you'll see some of the deals you've enjoyed in the past dry up a bit . . .

Cheers!

"The older I get the better I was"

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
losthighwayz wrote:

I concur with everything you stated. My concern wirh the pricing change, and ive said it before, is that Wine Woot NEVER made it known they had changed how they come up with list price? It just kinda "happened" a few weeks ago. This was deceptive in my opinion. All I would hope is that WW, like any other business taking my dollars, woyld be honest and upfont with me. I think tjis may bevthe sticking point with some of us regarding the list price practices in play now.

"The older I get the better I was"

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin

Sparky, pm and in.

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
losthighwayz wrote:I concur with everything you stated. My concern wirh the pricing change, and ive said it before, is that Wine Woot NEVER made it known they had changed how they come up with list price? It just kinda "happened" a few weeks ago. This was deceptive in my opinion. All I would hope is that WW, like any other business taking my dollars, woyld be honest and upfont with me. I think tjis may bevthe sticking point with some of us regarding the list price practices in play now.

They did change the schematic without warning or notice. This didn't bother me, but I can completely see why it would bother some. However, now that we know how they are getting their pricing, I think we should accept it, move on, and stop continually calling it deceptive (which you are not doing, obviously, but others have in almost every thread).

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
losthighwayz wrote:I concur with everything you stated. My concern wirh the pricing change, and ive said it before, is that Wine Woot NEVER made it known they had changed how they come up with list price? It just kinda "happened" a few weeks ago. This was deceptive in my opinion. All I would hope is that WW, like any other business taking my dollars, woyld be honest and upfont with me. I think tjis may bevthe sticking point with some of us regarding the list price practices in play now.

Most businesses, IME, have always used the full "retail" price when calculating discounts.

The "How Good Is This Deal" spreadsheet (created by us users) always used the full retail price listed by the winery in calculating the deal. It also listed the potential shipping costs, but I don't think they were included in the "deal".

So I'm not really sure how anything has "changed".

Edit: Okay, I see they now say they are including Sales Tax and Shipping in the Retail Total.

But that's not deceptive, since if you bought off the winery's website, you would pay sales tax and shipping.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Sparky, pm and in.

Done and done!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ghyo1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ghyo1

Time for a nice glass of wine.

MarkDaSpark

ghyo1 wrote:Continually, in almost every thread? Interesting. Losthighwayz says "This was deceptive in my opinion" but you tell him he obviously was not calling it deceptive. Be ye careful- I've heard (or read) that liars go to hell. Sounds like you should know.

I hate to feed the troll ...

If it were truly deceptive, they wouldn't have put anything there about how the list price is calculated.

Kyle was channeling his softer side.

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:Kyle was channeling his softer side.

Damned if I do...

For the record, LH said it was deceptive that they changed the price comparison without any warning; he didn't say that the price comparison itself was/is deceptive. Hence, my comment that he wasn't saying that woot is currently being deceptive. I feel like people aren't reading everything that's being posted lately.

ghyo1

MarkDaSpark wrote:

I hate to feed the troll ...

If it were truly deceptive, they wouldn't have put anything there about how the list price is calculated.

Kyle was channeling his softer side.

I tried to delete that one. Too late. Now, about that glass of wine.

MarkDaSpark

ghyo1 wrote:I tried to delete that one. Too late. Now, about that glass of wine.

We all need that!!!

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20
ghyo1 wrote:I tried to delete that one. Too late. Now, about that glass of wine.

Its alright they will mod the crap out of this thread. And all will be forgotten.

CT

ghyo1

kylemittskus wrote:
For the record, LH said it was deceptive that they changed the price comparison without any warning; he didn't say that the price comparison itself was/is deceptive. Hence, my comment that he wasn't saying that woot is currently being deceptive. I feel like people aren't reading everything that's being posted lately.

Dear Woot,

I'm sorry that some histrionic, overly-sensitive person on the boards mistook a clever pun for something worthy of deletion. I had no idea that saying "parse-imonious" was so offensive. I was merely trying to display some much needed humor. I'm sure you understand.

kylemittskus

ghyo1 wrote:Dear Woot,

I'm sorry that some histrionic, overly-sensitive person on the boards mistook a clever pun for something worthy of deletion. I had no idea that saying "parse-imonious" was so offensive. I was merely trying to display some much needed humor. I'm sure you understand.

Why are you responding to me? I didn't do it; I thought it was funny.

ghyo1

kylemittskus wrote:Why are you responding to me? I didn't do it; I thought it was funny.

I guess Woot took it off. They must want to protect you from injurious puns. I'm glad you thought it was funny.

kylemittskus

ghyo1 wrote:I guess Woot took it off. They must want to protect you from injurious puns. I'm glad you thought it was funny.

Contrary to what you seem to think, I don't work for, nor am I associated with, woot. I have no control over posts being deleted or moderated or worthwhile.

fuzzball147

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuzzball147

Buy it, don't buy it, but quit complaining and review the actual wine! I had a chance to try the Petite Sirah last year and fell in love so you can bet I'm trying this one! And since I live in the Midwest, where shipping is at least always $50.00, this is a great deal. Mr. Complains Alot needs to realize that a great many of us don't have the fortune to be able to get in the car and avoid shipping. Thanks Mr. Hance for your help!!

MarkDaSpark

Any updates on shipments? I have the FedEx tracking, but nothing shows since 11/7.