rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

Doesn't the specs tab normally include nutritional info for foodie items, like I ~really~ want to know..

CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

No notes on CT (cheese tracker)!

confusedemmy

quality posts: 21 Private Messages confusedemmy

After reading website info and scanning previous offer forums, I am really curious to find out if these are winter or summer cheeses.

Hopefully Mr. Tim Welch will give us some answers later... he was very helpful in previous offerings (but it's still early on the West Coast!).

krissyMS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages krissyMS

I've been waiting for this!!!!

elangomatt

quality posts: 11 Private Messages elangomatt

I'm trying to decide if I want to get one of these packages or if I want to save the cheese money for the new Whole Foods store that opened up near me about an hour ago.

beehivecheesekatie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages beehivecheesekatie
wolfcheater wrote:I really want to give these out for Christmas because the flavors are unusual. Can someone tell me how long these are good for? Or are they going to expire before I manage to give them out for Christmas??

Hi wolfcheater! If you keep the cheese in the original packaging, they will most certainly last until Christmas. It has a 60 day pack life. ^Katie

beehivecheesekatie

editorkid wrote:Come to think of it, since each pair of cheeses is its own page -- if we order multiple pairs of cheeses, will they be packaged together or separately?

Hello from Beehive HQ! Each offering will ship in its own separate box. Cheers! ^Katie

beehivecheesekatie

confusedemmy wrote:After reading website info and scanning previous offer forums, I am really curious to find out if these are winter or summer cheeses.

Hopefully Mr. Tim Welch will give us some answers later... he was very helpful in previous offerings (but it's still early on the West Coast!).

Hey, hey, hey! Tim's blushing right now. He IS super helpful. Spring milk was used to make the cheeses in this offering. Barely Buzzed and Apple Walnut Smoked are typically thought of as winter/holiday cheeses - mainly because they pair nicely with beverages you'd consume when it's cold outside. Need help with some pairing suggestions? I'm happy to advise. :-) ^Katie

beehivecheesekatie

rjquillin wrote:Doesn't the specs tab normally include nutritional info for foodie items, like I ~really~ want to know..

Hey there! Are you looking for ingredients and nutrition panel? I'll see about getting them on the site. In the meantime, which cheeses can I help you with? ^Katie

beehivecheesekatie

funda62 wrote:I LOVE cheese but what would I do with 2 pounds of it in my fridge? Can you use these for grilled cheese or other applications or is it just for nibbling?

Hey funda62! Here is a link to some Beehive Cheese recipes. Hope this helps http://www.beehivecheese.com/recipes! ^Katie

beehivecheesekatie

cmaldoon wrote:Can anyone put forward a good comparison as to a cheese that the interior of any/ all of these are like? I realize that they are flavored by the rubs, I am just curious as to the base texture and flavor. Jack? Cheddar? Dry jack? Asagio? Gouda?

Also, is the promontory a different style? How so?

Hi cmaldoon! Beehive Cheeses are similar to a cheddar. It's Irish-style because it is creamier than a traditional English cheddar. Our milk source has a herd primarily made up of Jersey cows, which produce a fattier, creamier milk. Thus, our cheese is richer and creamier.

Promontory will be sweet, with creamy mushroom soup and brothy notes. Hope that helps! ^Katie

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

Ok, Katie. You convinced me. In for the TeaHive P two-pack. YUM!!!!!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

beehivecheesekatie

kylemittskus wrote:Ok, Katie. You convinced me. In for the TeaHive P two-pack. YUM!!!!!

Awesome! I love TeaHive. It's one of my favorites from our collection. ^Katie

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov
iamwiz82 wrote:I like the placement of the Core cutting board and what looks to be a Shun knife in the pictures ;). Good ad placement.

If I'm not mistaken, that's the 4-inch Chef's from Shun's budget line, the Tan Ren. Not a bad use, as a cheese knife, for anyone who ever doubted it. Very solid knives, actually made in Japan, with a good balance of performance and value. Unfortunately, they've been retired.

Anyway, I can speak for the Barely Buzzed, at least. Be assured, no matter how much of this cheese you buy, you're going to wish you'd gotten more. The thinner you cut it, the faster you eat it. There's simply no avoiding the rate it's devoured at.

dizydi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dizydi

I purchased this cheese last year. Served it as a thanksgiving appetizer. It was absolutely delicious. Can't wait to get this shipment.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

Warning! Keep the Barely Buzzed and the TeaHive away from uniformed barbarians, WHO TRIM AND THROW AWAY THE EDGES!!!! I adore these cheeses almost for the edges alone. Wish I hadn't blown my budget on birthday and ChrismaKwansuKah gifts, I would stock my fridge with this stuff. Good to see you here, Beehive!!!

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Thank you for not making any "who cut the cheese?" jokes!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

threemoons

quality posts: 18 Private Messages threemoons

I am a spoilt East Coaster Elitist, and can therefore get this brand fresh at Murray's Cheese.

Haveing said that, the Barely Buzzed is a real treat, and 2 lbs of this house's cheese for the price is a good deal.

The Barely Buzzed is very smooth, but not wimpy in a "soft Muenster cheee" way. Think the mellowest Cheddar on Earth after 2 bottles of wine and a few doses of substance of choice, and rolling around in floral coffee grounds afterwards. I really liked this with fresh sliced apples and local pickles (and of course a good red since I love me my red).

eperrin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eperrin

I'm in for 3 of the 4 combo packs. I love cheese and yes a few as Xmas presents too. Can't wait for them to arrive.

spammie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages spammie

How will these be shipped? I live in FL - it's still warm here and I'm concerned about long transit time & cheese sitting in a truck over the weekend....

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

As a first try from this company I am considering the Apple Walnut Smoked and Smoked Habanero combo. Anyone out there that has tried this combo and could describe and/or recommend?

Like some others, I am also waiting to see if another offer comes about where I can take advantage of one shipping charge.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST. DO NOT KNOW HOW THAT HAPPENED. MOD, COULD YOU REMOVE ONE. THANKS

As a first try from this company I am considering the Apple Walnut Smoked and Smoked Habanero combo. Anyone out there that has tried this combo and could describe and/or recommend?

Like some others, I am also waiting to see if another offer comes about where I can take advantage of one shipping charge.

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov
charliecarroll wrote:SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST. DO NOT KNOW HOW THAT HAPPENED. MOD, COULD YOU REMOVE ONE. THANKS

Just think of something else to say--even if it's cheesy.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Really wish this was a pick-a-pack type of offer where we could just pick whichever cheeses we want at $15 wedge. I would be in on the SeaHive, Promontory and Cajun, but have no interest in the other cheese offered with any of those three packs as they currently stand. It is probably a good thing anyway, since I just spent $35 on some cheese and salami at the store this week.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

montegobayjr

quality posts: 10 Private Messages montegobayjr

CRAP...missed it! Been working at the firehouse since the storm here in the NorthEast...BRING THIS BACK AGAIN, PLEASE...or any side door ways to still be IN?

beehivecheesekatie

threemoons wrote:I am a spoilt East Coaster Elitist, and can therefore get this brand fresh at Murray's Cheese.

Haveing said that, the Barely Buzzed is a real treat, and 2 lbs of this house's cheese for the price is a good deal.

The Barely Buzzed is very smooth, but not wimpy in a "soft Muenster cheee" way. Think the mellowest Cheddar on Earth after 2 bottles of wine and a few doses of substance of choice, and rolling around in floral coffee grounds afterwards. I really liked this with fresh sliced apples and local pickles (and of course a good red since I love me my red).

Hello threemoons (a.k.a self-proclaimed East Coaster Elitist)! Thanks for kind words and pairing recommendations. Cheers, Katie

beehivecheesekatie

spammie wrote:How will these be shipped? I live in FL - it's still warm here and I'm concerned about long transit time & cheese sitting in a truck over the weekend....

Hi Spammie! Sorry for the delay in response. Beehive ships the cheese from our creamery in Utah. We look at each order individually and determine how much ice to pack to make sure it arrives fresh and delicious. I hope you made the decision to purchase. Cheers, Katie

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
beehivecheesekatie wrote:We look at each order individually and determine how much ice to pack to make sure it arrives fresh and delicious.

That's some great attention to detail, thanks Katie!

I'm just hanging out, really.

bendb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bendb

Any updates on shipping? I had wanted this for Thanksgiving, and the timing is looking very tight now...

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
bendb wrote:Any updates on shipping? I had wanted this for Thanksgiving, and the timing is looking very tight now...

If I remember correctly, this was not guaranteed for Thanksgiving delivery.

inkycatz wrote:Your answers!

1. No guarantee for T-day. Sorry, but it's best we're up front on that for you.
2. Yes, separate packaging, in the same shipping box. (I think that covers all angles, if not let me know.)

psumek

quality posts: 9 Private Messages psumek
bendb wrote:Any updates on shipping? I had wanted this for Thanksgiving, and the timing is looking very tight now...

Check your account today. Mine is showing shipped. Luckily I'm in AZ so coming from UT should be easily in time for Turkeyday.

bendb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bendb
psumek wrote:Check your account today. Mine is showing shipped.

Yeap, if I had waited one more day, I would have had my answer. Shipped Monday, expected delivery is Wednesday (to Massachusetts). So I am thinking it must be second day shipping they sprung for.

krissyMS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages krissyMS

Mine is expected to be delivered tomorrow - I just hope that I don't eat it all before turkey day!!!

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

I got mine today! And I tried promontory today and yum!!! Remind me to go in on this again when it comes up.

faryl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages faryl

Hi there! Who should I reach out to regarding an issue with shipping/packaging?

Figured I'd try the "manufacturer" first, as Woot likes us to do. PM'd Beehive Katie,but I know not everyone checks for PMs, so sent an email to her contact on the Beehive website.

It's been a couple of days. I don't want to be a pest, just I want to make sure there's not a different point person - the Cheesemaster or Cheese Queen perhaps?

Thanks!

North316

faryl wrote:Hi there! Who should I reach out to regarding an issue with shipping/packaging?

Figured I'd try the "manufacturer" first, as Woot likes us to do. PM'd Beehive Katie,but I know not everyone checks for PMs, so sent an email to her contact on the Beehive website.

It's been a couple of days. I don't want to be a pest, just I want to make sure there's not a different point person - the Cheesemaster or Cheese Queen perhaps?

Thanks!

You should ALWAYS contact support@woot.com, not the manufacturer/vendor.

My CT

inkycatz

North316 wrote:You should ALWAYS contact support@woot.com, not the manufacturer/vendor.

Yes please drop them a line with your issue.

North316

inkycatz wrote:Yes please drop them a line with your issue.

You guys should probably just pay me for my awesomeness. I do accept payment in the form of wine and salted caramels.

My CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

FedEx says my cheese was delivered. Guess what... it wasn't! Emailed support (not service).

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

inkycatz

kylemittskus wrote:FedEx says my cheese was delivered. Guess what... it wasn't! Emailed support (not service).

Let's hope it shows up today, too, and someone just got overeager and pushed a button by mistake.