WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Beehive Cheese Company

Cheese, will you look at that! An exciting selection of unique dairy products, aged just hard enough to be delicious. No whey you can pass this by. Even if you do hate our stupid puns. Listen, the cheese ages better than the jokes.
Beehive Cheese Co. official site

Quality Posts

iamwiz82

quality posts: 3 Private Messages iamwiz82

I like the placement of the Core cutting board and what looks to be a Shun knife in the pictures ;). Good ad placement.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
iamwiz82 wrote:I like the placement of the Core cutting board and what looks to be a Shun knife in the pictures ;). Good ad placement.

They're pretty clever. ;) What cheese is calling your name now that we've got your attention?

I'm just hanging out, really.

Tamstress

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tamstress

They're not just in my neck of the woods, we undoubtedly have the same view of the Wasatch range out our back window. Mayhap this unseasonably warm Utah day calls for a trip to the cheese shop!

PS, No - YOU intah!

Woot was I thinking? Whar was my head?

unclejoeyv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages unclejoeyv

I had the opportunity to try the barely buzzed and sea hive from wine woot many moons ago.

I was surprised how well the lavender and coffee grounds worked together. It's incredible how well the flavors penetrate into the cheese so it's not just on the outside.

If you've ever found yourself saying "I've had salty, now I need sweet!" then you will also enjoy the sea hive. It's salty AND sweet!

two thumbs up from this wooter.

lnljuly

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnljuly

I've been waiting for the TeaHive to come up again! Really enjoyed it and the Promontory last time.

Cesare

quality posts: 1697 Private Messages Cesare

Beehive Cheese Company

Beehive Cheese Company - Barely Buzzed and Sea Hive
$29.99 (Normally $42.10) 29% off List Price
Barely Buzzed 1lb Wedge
SeaHive 1lb Wedge

Beehive Cheese Company - TeaHive and Promontory
TeaHive 1lb Wedge
Promontory 1lb Wedge

Beehive Cheese Company - Apple Walnut Smoked and Smoked Habanero
Smoked Promontory with Habanero 1lb Wedge
Apple Walnut Smoked 1lb Wedge

Beehive Cheese Company - Big John’s Cajun and Uintah Jack
Big John's Cajun 1lb Wedge
Uintah Jack 1lb Wedge

Previous offers:
3/19/09
3/17/11

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cgoudie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cgoudie

I live in the grand state that produces this cheese, and I've tried most of these.

If you hate coffee, and you get the barely buzzed, you'll be disappointed; otherwise this cheese is AMAZING!!!

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

The only question is how many and what flavors...damn I love this stuff!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

editorkid

quality posts: 95 Private Messages editorkid

I know that vendors do their own shipping and it's that much harder for wine.woot to predict these things than the rest of the Woot empire...

but is there any chance we can expect these in time for Thanksgiving, or is that time frame unrealistic?

Thanks!

wolfcheater

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wolfcheater

I really want to give these out for Christmas because the flavors are unusual. Can someone tell me how long these are good for? Or are they going to expire before I manage to give them out for Christmas??

editorkid

Come to think of it, since each pair of cheeses is its own page -- if we order multiple pairs of cheeses, will they be packaged together or separately?

cgoudie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cgoudie
editorkid wrote:Come to think of it, since each pair of cheeses is its own page -- if we order multiple pairs of cheeses, will they be packaged together or separately?

I hope separately, because I just bought one for me and one for a coworker. Any chance you can confirm Woot staff?

inkycatz

cgoudie wrote:I hope separately, because I just bought one for me and one for a coworker. Any chance you can confirm Woot staff?

I'm pretty sure it's separately because logic tells me it'd get confusing otherwise, but we're asking to be extra triple sure.

editorkid wrote:I know that vendors do their own shipping and it's that much harder for wine.woot to predict these things than the rest of the Woot empire...

but is there any chance we can expect these in time for Thanksgiving, or is that time frame unrealistic?

Thanks!

We're also checking to see if your T-day will be cheesy.

karenhynes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes

*HUNGRY*

I might need some cheese...but which combo?????

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

I may have to be in. Love me some cheese.

I want the Tea and the Honey ones. Why aren't those together?!

Likely in for the TeaHive and Promontory, but there aren't any tasting notes for the Promontory. Anyone?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

karenhynes

kylemittskus wrote:I may have to be in. Love me some cheese.

That's exactly the combo I would want, too.

guzmantis

quality posts: 6 Private Messages guzmantis

I've had these at a wine tasting before and they are EXCELLENT! Especially pairing with the right wines. In addition to the Teahive and Seahive we had an oustanding mango stilton, but it must've been a different dairy because I don't see it anywhere on Beehive's website. . .

Now I just need to figure out which combo(s) I want!

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Can anyone put forward a good comparison as to a cheese that the interior of any/ all of these are like? I realize that they are flavored by the rubs, I am just curious as to the base texture and flavor. Jack? Cheddar? Dry jack? Asagio? Gouda?

Also, is the promontory a different style? How so?

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
cmaldoon wrote:Can anyone put forward a good comparison as to a cheese that the interior of any/ all of these are like? I realize that they are flavored by the rubs, I am just curious as to the base texture and flavor. Jack? Cheddar? Dry jack? Asagio? Gouda?

Also, is the promontory a different style? How so?

I have only had the buzzed and IIRC it is slightly firmer than a Gouda.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

inkycatz

Your answers!

1. No guarantee for T-day. Sorry, but it's best we're up front on that for you.
2. Yes, separate packaging, in the same shipping box. (I think that covers all angles, if not let me know.)

kylemittskus

inkycatz wrote:Your answers!

2. Yes, separate packaging, in the same shipping box. (I think that covers all angles, if not let me know.)

Please place another pack of the Tea and BeeHives!!! PPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

lnljuly

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnljuly

Here's the forum from the last TeaHive offering.

ETA: Link fixed

kylemittskus

lnljuly wrote:Here's the forum from the last TeaHive offering.

That link takes you back to the generic forums page, although I'm not sure why.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
lnljuly wrote:Here's the forum from the last TeaHive offering.

The last slash was messing it up, fixed.

CT

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

I hope my fellow Wisconsinites do not shun me for buying Utah cheese. I'm udderly embarrassed...

tenuki

emmabean2000 wrote:I hope my fellow Wisconsinites do not shun me for buying Utah cheese. I'm udderly embarrassed...

As penance you can send us cheese curds!

CT

rheatoomuch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rheatoomuch

How long can this chesse last refridgerated and not opened?

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm
rheatoomuch wrote:How long can this cheese last refrigerated and not opened?

Well, we bought some directly from the Beehive Cheese Company in January, 2012 and, I must confess, still have two unopened 6 ounce 3/8 of an inch slabs that are still in good shape. We actually just opened one of the TeaHive a few weeks ago and it is still tasting really good. We did keep them in the downstairs fridge that is VERY cold.

They are a wonderful company with which to do business, but I'm not sure why they think such a thin slab of cheese is the way to go. I LOVE the one pound wedges! It is very difficult to slice the thin slabs to put onto crackers. However, the cheese is still excellent! I am looking forward to purchasing this cheese for the holidays!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

tenuki

bahwm wrote:Well, we bought some directly from the Beehive Cheese Company in January, 2012 and, I must confess, still have two unopened 6 ounce 3/8 of an inch slabs that are still in good shape. We actually just opened one of the TeaHive a few weeks ago and it is still tasting really good. We did keep them in the downstairs fridge that is VERY cold.

They are a wonderful company with which to do business, but I'm not sure why they think such a thin slab of cheese is the way to go. I LOVE the one pound wedges! It is very difficult to slice the thin slabs to put onto crackers. However, the cheese is still excellent! I am looking forward to purchasing this cheese for the holidays!

Think you just pushed me off the fence, but now I'm going to wait for something else I want to buy to save on shipping

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm
tenuki wrote:Think you just pushed me off the fence, but now I'm going to wait for something else I want to buy to save on shipping

Cool! I just opened the well-aged Promontory. It had a bit of a light haze on the exterior. I scraped it off and it is still VERY tasty! Actually, delicious! It is creamy on the mouth-feel & full-bodied with just a little edge.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
tenuki wrote:Think you just pushed me off the fence, but now I'm going to wait for something else I want to buy to save on shipping

I was thinking the same thing!

funda62

quality posts: 4 Private Messages funda62

I LOVE cheese but what would I do with 2 pounds of it in my fridge? Can you use these for grilled cheese or other applications or is it just for nibbling?

funda62

quality posts: 4 Private Messages funda62
kylemittskus wrote:I may have to be in. Love me some cheese.

Likely in for the TeaHive and Promontory, but there aren't any tasting notes for the Promontory. Anyone?

From the website:

Promontory, as well as all Beehive cheeses, is made from the milk of Jersey cows from Ogden’s Wadeland South Dairy. Wadeland’s Jersey cows enjoy 350 acres near the salty marshes, ponds and mudflats of the mineral-loaded soil of the Great Salt Lake. The same nutrient-rich soil that feeds thousands of migrating birds, feeds the lush alfalfa that the cows love to eat.

kylemittskus

funda62 wrote:

That's on the specs page, as well. No tasting note, though. Nothing about the style or flavor profile.

karenhynes

kylemittskus wrote:That's on the specs page, as well. No tasting note, though. Nothing about the style or flavor profile.

There's not much else on their website other than "Promontory is an Irish-style cheese with buttery, full-bodied texture and snappy, citrus-like fruity notes."

Here's a link to a nice description: http://www.sfgate.com/food/cheesecourse/article/Beehive-Cheese-Co-Promontory-makes-creamy-snack-2310661.php

I think I'll probably go in for some, but I am waiting to see if there is anything else offered tomorrow to take advantage of the $5 all day shipping.

editorkid

inkycatz wrote:Your answers!

Thank you for both answers! I'll order in the morning.

annwat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages annwat

i've been waiting for cheese but this is much too cheesy!!!! it would probably be total overload to buy one of each offering but i've really enjoyed the previous beehive cheeses

does anyone know if the $5 all you can ship would apply if i bought more than one of the various flavors?

Neenie2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Neenie2
annwat wrote:does anyone know if the $5 all you can ship would apply if i bought more than one of the various flavors?

Why, yes. Yes it would. Ask me how I know. *hangs head in deliciously cheesy shame*

I haven't spent this much on cheese since my last trip to Whole Foods! :o

annwat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages annwat
Neenie2 wrote:Why, yes. Yes it would. Ask me how I know. *hangs head in deliciously cheesy shame*

I haven't spent this much on cheese since my last trip to Whole Foods! :o

thanks, neenie! is there room for one more in the cheesy hall of shame?