MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
PetiteSirah wrote:I think I'm going to bid on the Vina Robles again. Their single vineyard bottlings are hard to get.

And also Stanton, because it's my wife's favorite.

Call me (or email or PM), please. I have something else that will interest you.

Edit: Me!!

Edit2: Also, are you joining us Saturday night at Scott & Jana's?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

am I supposed to be bringing a few bottles of Petite for Friday night?

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:am I supposed to be bringing a few bottles of Petite for Friday night?

No, I'm pretty sure I'll be bringing enough. And usually PetiteSirah brings a few as well to
share.

Part 1 wines:

2008 Aaron PS, Tobin James 2009 PS, 2007 Aaron PS, & 2007 Meeker PS. The first three were also at last year's Partayy

Part 2 wines:

2010 Sattui PS (may be too young), 2010 Jaffurs PS, & 2009 Foppiano PS. I may substitute some older PS for the two 2010's.

Edit: As well as some PS Ports.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

I'm going to bring a bottle of the foppiano ps from the rpm tour and maybe a bottle of ps port. Hope that's okay.

mommadeb1

I will be more than happy to either bring some petite or contribute $$ to those who are fortunate to be able to bring wines that wont be put into shock from traveling...

MarkDaSpark

CAGrl wrote:I'm going to bring a bottle of the foppiano ps from the rpm tour and maybe a bottle of ps port. Hope that's okay.

Which PS Port???

CAGrl

MarkDaSpark wrote:Which PS Port???

Prager or VA?

MarkDaSpark

CAGrl wrote:Prager or VA?

You pick!

trifecta

quality posts: 71 Private Messages trifecta

I have a couple surprises planned.

Sparky- if you want you can rest that tobin for a while. I have an 06 I can bring.

MarkDaSpark

Only 7 days to go to D&D!!! WOOT!!!

mommadeb1

One More Friday Gone, I am trying to add thurs. night to the hotel reservation we have... They have no more rooms at the price and level of what I now have a reservation for.. I can go to a different room for. either $149, 157 or 175 depending on who I talk to..... my original room rate is $113.... grrrrrr.... and I will have to switch rooms..... I didn't book it... might try calling later.... or do I call the hayatt next door for thursday night...????

edit: problem solved... spoke with another front desk manager... got and extra day added for $149.... oh well...at least I won't have to switch rooms!!

mommadeb1

crap... new problem... The Hawthorn hotel sparky said he is staying at ... online says they have no rooms.... grrr procrastination

trifecta

mommadeb1 wrote:crap... new problem... The Hawthorn hotel sparky said he is staying at ... online says they have no rooms.... grrr procrastination

Looks like RJ found another reasonable spot:

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5225845&pageindex=4&replycount=126#post5345249

mommadeb1

trifecta wrote:Looks like RJ found another reasonable spot:

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5225845&pageindex=4&replycount=126#post5345249

just saw that will check it out... thanks!

MarkDaSpark

Only 6 days away!!!!

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:

Only 6 days away!!!!

I'm soooo excited!! Even more so now that I have confirmed hotel reservations!!!

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:

Only 6 days away!!!!

Why ever are you posting at 0230PST?

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Why ever are you posting at 0230PST?

Excitement? And it was a Friday night / Saturday morning.

Edit: Reminder that unfortunately, there can be no smoke from the sacred leaves in the Suite, but maybe on Saturday or Sunday, we can partake.

Edit2: And now it says 4:13 am???? No way was I still up then!

MarkDaSpark

5 Days Away!!!!!

MarkDaSpark

Quick reminder that we should be able to keep the glasses from D&D, especially if you want to drink wine at the After Party!!

If you are local, and want extra glasses, please ask those attending if they aren't keeping them, to give them to you when they are done. Also, you might want to see if you can snag any empty glass boxes from D&D.

These are (were?) extremely nice glasses for Cab/Syrah/PS. No year on them, but handy to have. I have the were? in there, because I thought I read they may have different glasses this year. But we should still be able to keep them.

MarkDaSpark

4 more Days!!!!

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm

Hey, mommadeb: Check to see if your car rental rates have gone down. If fact, keep checking this week before you go. I have been know to get great deals the day or two before we leave thru SWA--I check the rates, book the new car (to make sure that I really can get the better rate ) and then, cancel the old car. However, I don't think they're going to be able to beat our $57 for Tues - Sun at Advantage.

On another note: I realized last night when I went to sign us up for EarlyBird Check-in that, for some reason, I wasn't eligible to do this, but ddeuddeg had already been signed up to do so. OK, fine. This morning I went to check in and printed my boarding passes. Out of Vegas, I have A19 and ddeuddeg has A30! That makes no sense! How do I have an earlier number than he has when they were to check him in automatically with EarlyBird check-in! Next question: will they actually run this plane? They have two other planes scheduled to go to Oakland within a half hour of our scheduled departure. However, these planes have stops and get to OAK quite a bit later--sure to screw up our plans for the afternoon.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

Also, I've picked up a set (18 bottles?) of water for those who might need some during the After Party (AP).

If anyone wants to bring crackers/cheese/chocolate/etc. to the AP, you are welcome to do so.

CAGrl

MarkDaSpark wrote:Also, I've picked up a set (18 bottles?) of water for those who might need some during the After Party (AP).

If anyone wants to bring crackers/cheese/chocolate/etc. to the AP, you are welcome to do so.

Any idea where I could pick up the wine glass holder you let me borrow past year?

MarkDaSpark

CAGrl wrote:Any idea where I could pick up the wine glass holder you let me borrow past year?

Amazon has it (set of 2), and with Prime shipping, you can get it by Wednesday.

Wine Enthusiast also has one (set of 2).

Seems like I've seen them in local wine shops too (Total Wine, BevMo, etc.)

MarkDaSpark

Beginning Post has finally been updated!!!!

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Quick reminder that we should be able to keep the glasses from D&D, especially if you want to drink wine at the After Party!!

If you are local, and want extra glasses, please ask those attending if they aren't keeping them, to give them to you when they are done. Also, you might want to see if you can snag any empty glass boxes from D&D.

These are (were?) extremely nice glasses for Cab/Syrah/PS. No year on them, but handy to have. I have the were? in there, because I thought I read they may have different glasses this year. But we should still be able to keep them.

sounds great... I always need more glasses...

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Hey, mommadeb: Check to see if your car rental rates have gone down. If fact, keep checking this week before you go. I have been know to get great deals the day or two before we leave thru SWA--I check the rates, book the new car (to make sure that I really can get the better rate ) and then, cancel the old car. However, I don't think they're going to be able to beat our $57 for Tues - Sun at Advantage.

On another note: I realized last night when I went to sign us up for EarlyBird Check-in that, for some reason, I wasn't eligible to do this, but ddeuddeg had already been signed up to do so. OK, fine. This morning I went to check in and printed my boarding passes. Out of Vegas, I have A19 and ddeuddeg has A30! That makes no sense! How do I have an earlier number than he has when they were to check him in automatically with EarlyBird check-in! Next question: will they actually run this plane? They have two other planes scheduled to go to Oakland within a half hour of our scheduled departure. However, these planes have stops and get to OAK quite a bit later--sure to screw up our plans for the afternoon.

thanks, I will let hubby know... he said last time he did early bird check in he was in the B group!! he already did early bird for us...

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Also, I've picked up a set (18 bottles?) of water for those who might need some during the After Party (AP).

If someone want to take me to the store on friday I can pick up somme munchies.. or will be more than happy to contribute $$

mommadeb1

I know I have asked this before... but will it be acceptable for hubby to wear black jeans and nice top for friday? Or does he need to dress up? you have to remember, we are very casual here in Florida!!!

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:I know I have asked this before... but will it be acceptable for hubby to wear black jeans and nice top for friday? Or does he need to dress up? you have to remember, we are very casual here in Florida!!!

That's fine. It's very casual there. Just a bit cold inside (no heating).

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:That's fine. It's very casual there. Just a bit cold inside (no heating).

perfect (except for no heat) am I correct in assuming casual for entire weekend (please?!)

You guys might see me in the same outfit all weekend... I am ALWAYS cold.....

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:perfect (except for no heat) am I correct in assuming casual for entire weekend (please?!)

You guys might see me in the same outfit all weekend... I am ALWAYS cold.....

Didn't you ask and we answered this question????

Casual is the whole weekend. But we hope you shower in between wearing the same outfit. But then we understand saving room for the wine in the suitcase.

MarkDaSpark

By the way, should I bring "Cards Against Humanity" for the AP?

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Didn't you ask and we answered this question????

Casual is the whole weekend. But we hope you shower in between wearing the same outfit. But then we understand saving room for the wine in the suitcase.

yes, I asked, but forgot... duhhh brain dead.... yes, I will shower, but need more room in suitcase... .. wondering how many "case" boxes I need to bring to fill.....

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:yes, I asked, but forgot... duhhh brain dead.... yes, I will shower, but need more room in suitcase... .. wondering how many "case" boxes I need to bring to fill.....

As many as you need?

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:As many as you need?

ha ha I think I will bring 2 cases.... don't want hubby to freak out....

MarkDaSpark

Dang it! Knew I forgot something! Stoopid Woot-Off!

3 Days Away!!!!

gijose

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gijose

So excited for this event - i shouldn't have any trouble getting there on my own, but now that more people are probably looking at this thread, does anyone know if they might have an extra spot in their car to drive to the BART station? Would be much appreciated!

NYC!

trifecta

deleted