mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
PetiteSirah wrote:The #1 rule is that you don't bid against me :-). It will be additionally enforced this year by my large, scary brother-in-law :-).

I will, however, negotiate splits if need be.

Don't worry, you will prob. be bidding on stuff out of my price range... and if I split stuff, then I can tell hubby... "but I HAD to split" ha ha ha

edit: and large scary brother in laws are no deterrent to me..... esp. if it is something I REALLY want..... I might scare him!! ha ha haha

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
ajrod27 wrote:Last year we went to Zachary's Chicago Pizza for lunch, prior to checking into the hotel room. Learned our lesson to call ahead next time; their deep dish pizzas take 30-40 minutes to cook! They are worth the wait though

The early comers should meet up for lunch. Who's interested?

I'm in. What time sounds good? Trying to decide what time we need to leave PA to drive over the bridge. I haven't been to Zachary's in years!

CAGrl

ajrod27 wrote:Last year we went to Zachary's Chicago Pizza for lunch, prior to checking into the hotel room. Learned our lesson to call ahead next time; their deep dish pizzas take 30-40 minutes to cook! They are worth the wait though

By the way, I pm'd mommadeb about picking her up from the hotel and giving her a ride for lunch.

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:By the way, I pm'd mommadeb about picking her up from the hotel and giving her a ride for lunch.

aww... your soo sweet!! I won't have to be left all alone!!
I am in for lunch!!

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
mommadeb1 wrote:aww... your soo sweet!! I won't have to be left all alone!!
I am in for lunch!!

Is Medley Florida close to you?

CT

mommadeb1

tenuki wrote:Is Medley Florida close to you?

don't think so, I have not heard of it.... where is it?

tenuki

mommadeb1 wrote:don't think so, I have not heard of it.... where is it?

I don't know, near Miami maybe? I was looking online for the IH Chinese Cuvee, and there was one wine company, I was like oh cool, they're HQ is in Oakland. Then I saw their customer pickup location is in Medley Florida :P

CT

mommadeb1

tenuki wrote:I don't know, near Miami maybe? I was looking online for the IH Chinese Cuvee, and there was one wine company, I was like oh cool, they're HQ is in Oakland. Then I saw their customer pickup location is in Medley Florida :P

sorry, miami is about a 3 hour drive...

tenuki

mommadeb1 wrote:sorry, miami is about a 3 hour drive...

No worries, I was *mostly* joking, not sure I'd want to drop $100 on a bottle of bubbly yet but sorely tempted

CT

tenuki

Hey, so Virge might actually be coming out, flying into Oakland at 3:50 p.m. friday, any chance someone can pick her up and hang out until the event?

edit: also anyone have extra ticket I can buy or should I just get another one?

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
tenuki wrote:No worries, I was *mostly* joking, not sure I'd want to drop $100 on a bottle of bubbly yet but sorely tempted

It's the '04 (late-disgorged) that's close to $100. When it was still available from the winery, the more recent vintage wasn't nearly so expensive, IIRC. I don't know if you'd find that anywhere or not, since it doesn't even show on the winery website at all.
Or else I've got it totally wrong. I'm at school meeting with parents for 3 hours, but I'll look at what I have when I get home.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mommadeb1

tenuki wrote:No worries, I was *mostly* joking, not sure I'd want to drop $100 on a bottle of bubbly yet but sorely tempted

well, for the record, if it was closer, I would have gone to get it for you!!!

mommadeb1

tenuki wrote:Hey, so Virge might actually be coming out, flying into Oakland at 3:50 p.m. friday, any chance someone can pick her up and hang out until the event?

sorry, Mr. Mommadeb will be working til I don't know when... I am having to rely on others for a ride myself...

CAGrl

tenuki wrote:Hey, so Virge might actually be coming out, flying into Oakland at 3:50 p.m. friday, any chance someone can pick her up and hang out until the event?

So far I have 2 tickets. One has been spoken for by Mr. mommadeb for his early entry ticket. And I'm not sure if anybody else has spoken for the 1 regular entry ticket. Anyone?

If nobody else is in need of a ticket, I can sell you my regular entry ticket. Hopefully someone speaks up soon.

tenuki

CAGrl wrote:So far I have 2 tickets. One has been spoken for by Mr. mommadeb for his early entry ticket. And I'm not sure if anybody else has spoken for the 1 regular entry ticket. Anyone?

If nobody else is in need of a ticket, I can sell you my regular entry ticket. Hopefully someone speaks up soon.

Cool, let me know.

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

Yikes, I just realized I don't have any tix. Just get at the door, or what?

CT

rjquillin

CAGrl wrote:So far I have 2 tickets. One has been spoken for by Mr. mommadeb for his early entry ticket. And I'm not sure if anybody else has spoken for the 1 regular entry ticket. Anyone?

YES YES YES YES.
But an early entry would be nice.
Can they still be purchased?
Sparky, you've got early entry, right?

CT

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
rjquillin wrote:YES YES YES YES.
But an early entry would be nice.
Can they still be purchased?
Sparky, you've got early entry, right?

Early entry tickets are only through GrouPieS. My dual membership is tapped out at all 8 tickets. I think Mark already got his 4 as well. Maybe PetiteSirah has a couple, but maybe not

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Actually, I got the MommaDebs their early entry tickets. And RJ too.

Although I believe that Mr. MDB is exchanging his early entry for one of CAgirl's regular entry tickets.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:Actually, I got the MommaDebs their early entry tickets. And RJ too.

Although I believe that Mr. MDB is exchanging his early entry for one of CAgirl's regular entry tickets.

Phew, anxiety and over reaction last night on my part; but Mark had it covered. Guess 'cause I hadn't paid him, or he asked, that had me freaked. Friday will be good, will be good, yes it will.

CT

CAGrl

So did someone get bsevern a ticket? I believe that might be the person I'm holdin my extra for. If he has a ticket then tenuki can have my extra one for his friend.

trifecta

I don't think so. He was on my list, but you claimed his because you were available for early entry.

The last I birdie I heard from said that sales were currently a bit low compared to last year. Thinking there might be a discount deal closer to the event. IIRC last year they did a bogo starting the week prior to the event.

As for early entry it looks like the group is set.

MarkDaSpark

Oh, and I call shotgun on the Concannon Vineyard 3-Liter 2009 Captain Joe’s Petite Sirah. And any Clayhouse 3 liter (if any).

Edit: I've gotten one at each D&D (except for two years ago, when someone walked out with it!).

There's gonna be a big blowout eventually with them!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 80 Private Messages PetiteSirah
trifecta wrote:Early entry tickets are only through GrouPieS. My dual membership is tapped out at all 8 tickets. I think Mark already got his 4 as well. Maybe PetiteSirah has a couple, but maybe not

I have a few extra regular-entry tickets, but my 8 early entry tickets are long-since spoken for. (One of the many nice benefits of being married is the couPleS membership!)

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

rjquillin

Is the page one list getting any updates?

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Is the page one list getting any updates?

It's on my To-Do list for tomorrow.

Sorry.

Edit: Will also update weather forecast next Friday as well for D&D.

AVERAGES (Alameda)
Hi 63°F
Lo 48°F

trifecta

This time around we are going to check out Gather while we are in that neck of the woods. Zachary's was disappointing, but we didn't get to try their specialty.

We'll double back and meet up with folks before heading to DnD. Not sure yet how early we want to head over.

tenuki

trifecta wrote:This time around we are going to check out Gather while we are in that neck of the woods. Zachary's was disappointing, but we didn't get to try their specialty.

We'll double back and meet up with folks before heading to DnD. Not sure yet how early we want to head over.

D&D tickets have hit the discount sites. Bloomspot

CT

CAGrl

tenuki wrote:D&D tickets have hit the discount sites. Bloomspot

By the way bsevern has claimed my extra ticket so you need to buy one. Sorry.

trifecta

tenuki wrote:D&D tickets have hit the discount sites. Bloomspot

I fully expected this to happen. I wonder if they will open it up to single tickets...

tenuki

CAGrl wrote:By the way bsevern has claimed my extra ticket so you need to buy one. Sorry.

It's cool, she's been wishy washy (actually I know she has a lot on her plate so I understand, but it's annoying to try to plan around).

CT

tenuki

trifecta wrote:I fully expected this to happen. I wonder if they will open it up to single tickets...

Yeah, not sure, maybe if you call PSILY directly they might, they'd get a bigger cut anyway I assume ...

CT

tenuki

tenuki wrote:Yeah, not sure, maybe if you call PSILY directly they might, they'd get a bigger cut anyway I assume ...

It's also possible we can split two.

CT

PetiteSirah

I still have 2 extra regular entry tickets.

mommadeb1

Sparky, please pm me your phone #.. do you have mine?...

anyone else who might need to get in touch with me during d&d...please do the same

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:Sparky, please pm me your phone #.. do you have mine?...

anyone else who might need to get in touch with me during d&d...please do the same

Yes, and sent mine.

MarkDaSpark

MarkDaSpark wrote:You have now idea how dangerous!!! However, I now here and henceforth claim any 3L PS Silent Auction wines!!!

What we may have to do is see what's there for the Auction, and discuss who wants what the most (as well as which ones might be split among two or more). It was fun in the past splitting with one (Loweeel & some VR PS set) and more than one (Pedroncelli PS with Cheron, Loweeel, and tenuki (and others?).

D&D Auction List is now up.

And you guys are lucky that there are so many 3L up. (Ballentine, Bogle, Concannon, Don Sebastiani & Sons, & Michael-David)

So I will only claim dibs on the Concannon 3-Liter 2009 Captain Joe’s Petite Sirah (Nom, nom, nom!) ~ VALUE: $225.00 and the Biale Magnum, Etched & Hand Painted, 2005 Royal Punisher Petite, Napa Valley ~ VALUE: $325.00 (goes with my 3L etched one).

Although I am tempted by the Michael~David Etched 3-Liter of 2009 Earthquake Petite ~ VALUE: $400.00, which would go nicely with the 2006 one (non-etched) one I got several D&D's back.

For those interested in splitting (or not):

Artisan (or Artezin) 2009 Petite Sirah Garzini Ranch (3-pack) ~ VALUE: $108 (good for a 3 way split).

Concannon Tour & Tasting for Group of 8 People with the historic producer of Petite Sirah ~ VALUE: $240.00

Field Stone Winery Private Tour and Tasting for up to Six (6) People ~ VALUE: $160.00

Field Stone Winery 2 Bottles Each of Field Stone Petites (I would also be interested in splitting this): ~ VALUE: $210.00
- 2011 Rose of Petite Sirah
- 2008 Staten Family Reserve Petite Sirah
- 2009 Staten Family Reserve Port

Handal Denier Vineyards 4 pack: ~ VALUE: $140.00
- Two (2) bottles of 2009 Petite Sirah (rare!)
- Two (2) bottles 2010 Petite Sirah

Line 39 One (1) case 2011 Central Coast Petite Sirah ~ VALUE: $120.00

Pedroncelli Four (4) pack of 2009 Family Vineyards, Dry Creek Valley Petite Sirah ~ VALUE: $75.00

Trentadue Winery (Alexander Valley) tour, tasting, and gondola ride for six (6) people ~ VALUE: $150

Twisted Oak Private Tour and Tasting for Six (6) ~ VALUE: $250.00

Vina Robles Trio of Petites In A Decorative Wooden Box ~ The six bottles include two (2) bottles each of: ~ VALUE: $250.00
(this is the one PS & I split one year.)
- Vina Robles 2009 Estate Petite Sirah
- Vina Robles 2008 Creston Valley Petite Sirah
- Vina Robles 2008 Fore Petite Sirah

Six Bottles of Wilson Vineyards Petite Sirah and One (1) Day with the Grape Grower for Wilson Farms in Clarksburg, lunch included, for One (1) couple. ~ VALUE: $275.00

Plus many more ... including several verticals (Aver Family, Handel-Denier (mentioned above), J. Baldwin, Mounts Family, & Stage Left Cellars) plus several magnums (Biale, Delectus, J. Baldwin, Miro (which is really good), & Stanton).

And I just know that PS is going to bid on the Justin Grace item (3 bottles: 1 organic, 1 sustainable, & 1 VDDD).

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:D&D Auction List is now up.

And you guys are lucky that there are so many 3L up. (Ballentine, Bogle, Concannon, Don Sebastiani & Sons, & Michael-David)

So I will only claim dibs on the Concannon 3-Liter 2009 Captain Joe’s Petite Sirah (Nom, nom, nom!) ~ VALUE: $225.00 and the Biale Magnum, Etched & Hand Painted, 2005 Royal Punisher Petite, Napa Valley ~ VALUE: $325.00 (goes with my 3L etched one).

Although I am tempted by the Michael~David Etched 3-Liter of 2009 Earthquake Petite ~ VALUE: $400.00, which would go nicely with the 2006 one (non-etched) one I got several D&D's back.

For those interested in splitting (or not):

Artisan (or Artezin) 2009 Petite Sirah Garzini Ranch (3-pack) ~ VALUE: $108 (good for a 3 way split).

Concannon Tour & Tasting for Group of 8 People with the historic producer of Petite Sirah ~ VALUE: $240.00

Field Stone Winery Private Tour and Tasting for up to Six (6) People ~ VALUE: $160.00

Field Stone Winery 2 Bottles Each of Field Stone Petites (I would also be interested in splitting this): ~ VALUE: $210.00
- 2011 Rose of Petite Sirah
- 2008 Staten Family Reserve Petite Sirah
- 2009 Staten Family Reserve Port

Handal Denier Vineyards 4 pack: ~ VALUE: $140.00
- Two (2) bottles of 2009 Petite Sirah (rare!)
- Two (2) bottles 2010 Petite Sirah

Line 39 One (1) case 2011 Central Coast Petite Sirah ~ VALUE: $120.00

Pedroncelli Four (4) pack of 2009 Family Vineyards, Dry Creek Valley Petite Sirah ~ VALUE: $75.00

Trentadue Winery (Alexander Valley) tour, tasting, and gondola ride for six (6) people ~ VALUE: $150

Twisted Oak Private Tour and Tasting for Six (6) ~ VALUE: $250.00

Vina Robles Trio of Petites In A Decorative Wooden Box ~ The six bottles include two (2) bottles each of: ~ VALUE: $250.00
(this is the one PS & I split one year.)
- Vina Robles 2009 Estate Petite Sirah
- Vina Robles 2008 Creston Valley Petite Sirah
- Vina Robles 2008 Fore Petite Sirah

Six Bottles of Wilson Vineyards Petite Sirah and One (1) Day with the Grape Grower for Wilson Farms in Clarksburg, lunch included, for One (1) couple. ~ VALUE: $275.00

Plus many more ... including several verticals (Aver Family, Handel-Denier (mentioned above), J. Baldwin, Mounts Family, & Stage Left Cellars) plus several magnums (Biale, Delectus, J. Baldwin, Miro (which is really good), & Stanton).

And I just know that PS is going to bid on the Justin Grace item (3 bottles: 1 organic, 1 sustainable, & 1 VDDD).

I wish I lived closer, some of the tours sound wonderful.... I'm sure I could be convinced to split something....

PetiteSirah

I think I'm going to bid on the Vina Robles again. Their single vineyard bottlings are hard to get.

And also Stanton, because it's my wife's favorite.

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27

I'm interested in the Handal-Denier and Teldeschi; both great people and great winemakers.