bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
MarkDaSpark wrote:Okay, does anyone need Woot Monkeys? Which ones? I can bring most that are needed (just no spares on the pleather ones).

Also, WD and WF will be attending, and may even get a room!!!

I don't have a single woot monkey....what's up with that?

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
bsevern wrote:I don't have a single woot monkey....what's up with that?

With all the moving I've been doing lately, I've misplaced couple of the monkeys that I have.

CAGrl

So I was able to book a room at the hotel for $99.81!!! YAY!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
CAGrl wrote:So I was able to book a room at the hotel for $99.81!!! YAY!

which night? and where!

CAGrl

mommadeb1 wrote:which night? and where!

Friday night at the Holiday Inn. I've been waiting for the price to drop so I just booked the room.

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:Friday night at the Holiday Inn. I've been waiting for the price to drop so I just booked the room.

I should have waited... I wonder if thurs. night rates have gone down.....now if I can figure out where to stay on sat...

CAGrl

mommadeb1 wrote:I should have waited... I wonder if thurs. night rates have gone down.....now if I can figure out where to stay on sat...

Can you cancel? I booked a room but one that I could cancel so I canceled and rebooked.

Ziegelstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ziegelstein

Is it too late to buy tickets? I've never been to one of these before so I didn't realize the TBD thing wouldn't turn into a ticket link.

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
Ziegelstein wrote:Is it too late to buy tickets? I've never been to one of these before so I didn't realize the TBD thing wouldn't turn into a ticket link.

Still available.

Tickets

Ziegelstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ziegelstein
trifecta wrote:Still available.

Tickets

Hurray, thanks! I wasn't sure if there was some special dance I had to do to get tickets.

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:Can you cancel? I booked a room but one that I could cancel so I canceled and rebooked.

nope, it was a no cancel one.... oh well....

CAGrl

mommadeb1 wrote:nope, it was a no cancel one.... oh well....

Boo. I always try to book a room I can cancel. Been burned one too many times.

trifecta

mommadeb1 wrote:nope, it was a no cancel one.... oh well....

What about a price match guarantee? If its hotels.com I think they do that.

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
trifecta wrote:What about a price match guarantee? If its hotels.com I think they do that.

IIRC, mommadeb booked directly with the hotel.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
CAGrl wrote:So I was able to book a room at the hotel for $99.81!!! YAY!

What kind of room did you get?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:IIRC, mommadeb booked directly with the hotel.

I'm going to call the hotel and see if they can't give me a deal for thursday night....... now, if I can only figure out where to stay sat and sunday night.......

trifecta

mommadeb1 wrote:I'm going to call the hotel and see if they can't give me a deal for thursday night....... now, if I can only figure out where to stay sat and sunday night.......

Folks seem to have somewhat diverse plans for Saturday night. Your best bet is to nail down Sparky on where he plans to stay. Sounded like he was wavering between american canyon and calistoga. We are camping, which isn't for everyone and is harder for out of towners. Others are most likely driving home.

Sunday we are driving home. If you are leaving town Monday, perhaps you should stay somewhere midpoint between your flight and the sonoma area.

CAGrl

bahwm wrote:What kind of room did you get?

Just the normal 1 King room.

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
CAGrl wrote:Just the normal 1 King room.

Won't hubby be ticked if he finds out, you sharing with a King!?

CT

CAGrl

rjquillin wrote:Won't hubby be ticked if he finds out, you sharing with a King!?

Who says it wasn't his idea?

mommadeb1

trifecta wrote:Folks seem to have somewhat diverse plans for Saturday night. Your best bet is to nail down Sparky on where he plans to stay. Sounded like he was wavering between american canyon and calistoga. We are camping, which isn't for everyone and is harder for out of towners. Others are most likely driving home.

Sunday we are driving home. If you are leaving town Monday, perhaps you should stay somewhere midpoint between your flight and the sonoma area.

thanks!......

tercerowines

quality posts: 36 Private Messages tercerowines

Bummed that I will be missing my first Dark and Delicious event in a few years, but just wasn't able to pull it off this year . . . .

I truly hope all you wine.wooters have a fun, safe, fantastic weekend!!!!

And remember, at D and D, when the lights go on, do NOT look straight at anyone until you brush your purple teeth!!!!

Cheers!

Larry Schaffer
tercero wines
www.tercerowines.com
larry@tercerowines.com

mommadeb1

tercerowines wrote:Bummed that I will be missing my first Dark and Delicious event in a few years, but just wasn't able to pull it off this year . . . .

I truly hope all you wine.wooters have a fun, safe, fantastic weekend!!!!

And remember, at D and D, when the lights go on, do NOT look straight at anyone until you brush your purple teeth!!!!

Cheers!

ohhh purple teeth!!!

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
mommadeb1 wrote:ohhh purple teeth!!!

To match your hair?

CT

mommadeb1

tenuki wrote:To match your hair?

ohh, maybe...who knows what color my hair will be for D&D????

trifecta

I just realized that El Jefe is not on the attending wineries list... Bummed. He normally has a great 3 or 4 year vertical going.

CAGrl

Hubby and I have the day off. So we'll probably be at the hotel earlier than we're able to check in. I'll eitehr text Sparky or mommadeb and hang with them until we get a room. Hope you don't mind.

CAGrl

trifecta wrote:I just realized that El Jefe is not on the attending wineries list... Bummed. He normally has a great 3 or 4 year vertical going.

Depressing news.

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27
CAGrl wrote:Hubby and I have the day off. So we'll probably be at the hotel earlier than we're able to check in. I'll eitehr text Sparky or mommadeb and hang with them until we get a room. Hope you don't mind.

Last year we went to Zachary's Chicago Pizza for lunch, prior to checking into the hotel room. Learned our lesson to call ahead next time; their deep dish pizzas take 30-40 minutes to cook! They are worth the wait though

The early comers should meet up for lunch. Who's interested?

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:Hubby and I have the day off. So we'll probably be at the hotel earlier than we're able to check in. I'll eitehr text Sparky or mommadeb and hang with them until we get a room. Hope you don't mind.

works for me...my hubby will be working...so I will need someone to hang out with.... still don't know where we are staying thursday night... need to call the hotel and see if prices have gone down...

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:Depressing news.

extreeeeemmmmllyyyy depressing news!!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
trifecta wrote:I just realized that El Jefe is not on the attending wineries list... Bummed. He normally has a great 3 or 4 year vertical going.

On the bright side, Aaron of Aaron Wines will be there!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

silly question...(I know, when are my questions not silly).... for the actual D&D event... do they sell their wines at the event? Do I need to bring cash/check or my favorite credit card? Do we have to leave tips?

tenuki

mommadeb1 wrote:silly question...(I know, when are my questions not silly).... for the actual D&D event... do they sell their wines at the event? Do I need to bring cash/check or my favorite credit card? Do we have to leave tips?

Nope, no selling/tipping. Only outside cost would be if you win something in the silent auction. Sometimes we've split stuff in the auction too.

CT

tenuki

Also just updating, I'll be +3 for D&D and after party, think +2 for the weekend, I need to find some arm candy

CT

mommadeb1

tenuki wrote:Nope, no selling/tipping. Only outside cost would be if you win something in the silent auction. Sometimes we've split stuff in the auction too.

so, if.. I mean when, I win stuff in the silent auction what forms of payment are accepted?
hmmm I wonder if I told hubby there is an auction? I LOVE auctions.... ha ha ha..... maybe I will let it be a surprise for him!!

mommadeb1

tenuki wrote:Also just updating, I'll be +3 for D&D and after party, think +2 for the weekend, I need to find some arm candy

arm candy is good!! too bad I don't know anyone for ya!!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mommadeb1 wrote:so, if.. I mean when, I win stuff in the silent auction what forms of payment are accepted?
hmmm I wonder if I told hubby there is an auction? I LOVE auctions.... ha ha ha..... maybe I will let it be a surprise for him!!

Credit Card usually, but they might accept checks (but only in state checks?).

Oh, and this is Jo Diaz ... Do not anger her!

And on splitting ...

PetiteSirah and I split one of these a couple of years ago. And 4 of us split a Pedroncelli case one year, IIRC.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Credit Card usually, but they might accept checks (but only in state checks?).

Oh, and this is Jo Diaz ... Do not anger her!

And on splitting ...

PetiteSirah and I split one of these a couple of years ago. And 4 of us split a Pedroncelli case one year, IIRC.

I prefer credit card.. that way I earn points = free flights!!

oh, I would love to split pedroncelli!!!!

edit: I expect you to tell me the rules while we are there!!!

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 79 Private Messages PetiteSirah
mommadeb1 wrote:I prefer credit card.. that way I earn points = free flights!!

oh, I would love to split pedroncelli!!!!

edit: I expect you to tell me the rules while we are there!!!

The #1 rule is that you don't bid against me :-). It will be additionally enforced this year by my large, scary brother-in-law :-).

I will, however, negotiate splits if need be.

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!