mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:I suppose you could, except with the PS we drink at the after-party, it may be better not to have to walk that far!

It probably will be okay. But we usually go to Midnight.

Hubby can help me navigate!! ha ha ha... I will try to call HI and see if they can match prices. Hubby wanted to stay at Hilton to get points.... and save money..

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
MarkDaSpark wrote:Not yet. Sent an email off to her about it.

Anyone else need early entry tickets?

Edit: Or just regular entry tickets?

I still need a ticket...can paypal $$

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bsevern wrote:I still need a ticket...can paypal $$

Anyone else? I will order them tomorrow.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Anyone else? I will order them tomorrow.

Me, I think/hope. How much? PP?

CT

mommadeb1

are we going in early? just wondering.... pm me your Pay pal and how much... THANK YOU for doing this!!

trifecta

quality posts: 71 Private Messages trifecta
bsevern wrote:I still need a ticket...can paypal $$

Are you still coming for the weekend as well?

trifecta

Did you hear from Jo? Or just calling it in?

bsevern

trifecta wrote:Are you still coming for the weekend as well?

Probably will do Saturday too, but not 100% positive yet. You guys aren't going Sat/Sun?

MarkDaSpark

trifecta wrote:Did you hear from Jo? Or just calling it in?

I had heard from her, but haven't called in yet to order the tickets.

And from what I've heard, they may limit how many early entry tickets you can get, but that you can get in earlier for a behind the scenes tour there at the winery.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

trifecta

bsevern wrote:Probably will do Saturday too, but not 100% positive yet. You guys aren't going Sat/Sun?

We are going for the weekend (maybe not Monday). I am going to reserve a site for Sat night if you are still interested.

trifecta

MarkDaSpark wrote:I had heard from her, but haven't called in yet to order the tickets.

And from what I've heard, they may limit how many early entry tickets you can get, but that you can get in earlier for a behind the scenes tour there at the winery.

Just checking. Getting a bit frustrated because I never get the emails, and have no way of staying in the loop. Nor have we been added to the GrouPieS list on the website.

Are they still at least allowing early entry for members? I am not really interested in the tour.

MarkDaSpark

trifecta wrote:Just checking. Getting a bit frustrated because I never get the emails, and have no way of staying in the loop. Nor have we been added to the GrouPieS list on the website.

Are they still at least allowing early entry for members? I am not really interested in the tour.

Only email I got was the Cyber Monday one (IIRC). I don't think I got my renewal notice yet either.

And yes, as far as I know, they are still offering early entry tickets for GrouPieS, but you don't have to go on the tour.

I'll check today.

mommadeb1

Hotel booked for friday!!! We will be at the Holiday Inn with the rest of the gang!! I had to call the hotel directly to get a better rate....

trifecta

Received a email about GrouPieS tickets. Should have a code tomorrow. We have a dual membership, so I can get folks early entry at my rate ($43). This is the same as Sparky's deal. Let me know if you would like me to grab tickets. Just a note, it looks like we should be able to get in a bit earlier this year.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
trifecta wrote:Received a email about GrouPieS tickets. Should have a code tomorrow. We have a dual membership, so I can get folks early entry at my rate ($43). This is the same as Sparky's deal. Let me know if you would like me to grab tickets. Just a note, it looks like we should be able to get in a bit earlier this year.

Sad I can't get in on this deal since I already have normal entry tickets.

trifecta

mommadeb1 wrote:Hotel booked for friday!!! We will be at the Holiday Inn with the rest of the gang!! I had to call the hotel directly to get a better rate....

Ok, so the rate I am seeing is $113 for a king. I was going to go with the suite for noise insulation purposes next to sparky, but those are running $190. What kind of rate did you get?

Sparky - Have you booked?

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
trifecta wrote:Ok, so the rate I am seeing is $113 for a king. I was going to go with the suite for noise insulation purposes next to sparky, but those are running $190. What kind of rate did you get?

ddeuddeg was able to get us a King Non-smoking room for $113.55 base rate, with taxes $129.45 for Friday night. This should be the same rate that mommadeb got since I provided her with the info and she said she got the same rate.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

trifecta

I currently am using 2 of my 8 available discount/early entry tickets. I will buy at the end of the week. Let me know if you want one. I guess this year there will be VIP wristbands to control early entry.

mommadeb1

trifecta wrote:Ok, so the rate I am seeing is $113 for a king. I was going to go with the suite for noise insulation purposes next to sparky, but those are running $190. What kind of rate did you get?

the $113....it was weird thursday night was going to be 149 but friday is 113??

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:Sad I can't get in on this deal since I already have normal entry tickets.

what is the time difference between early entry and "normal" entry?

CAGrl

trifecta wrote:I currently am using 2 of my 8 available discount/early entry tickets. I will buy at the end of the week. Let me know if you want one. I guess this year there will be VIP wristbands to control early entry.

I might be interested in 2 early entry tickets if somebody wants my regular tickets for what I'm paying for the early entry tickets. Let me know!

CAGrl

By the way those of you interested in a better deal on the hotel rooms pm me. I might be able to find a cheaper rate. You just can't cancel the room. And get charged upfront.

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:By the way those of you interested in a better deal on the hotel rooms pm me. I might be able to find a cheaper rate. You just can't cancel the room. And get charged upfront.

thanks a lot.... now that I am locked into a room rate already!! ha ha ha....

trifecta

mommadeb1 wrote:what is the time difference between early entry and "normal" entry?

From email:
Exclusive VIP event from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. ($30 value/each)
§  Before general public is allowed to enter D&D
§  Back stage pass while we’re setting up during the afternoon, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m

Sounds like well before the 6 pm start. Going too early (2) won't help much because no one will be setup and pouring by then.

mommadeb1

trifecta wrote:From email:
Exclusive VIP event from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. ($30 value/each)
§  Before general public is allowed to enter D&D
§  Back stage pass while we’re setting up during the afternoon, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m

Sounds like well before the 6 pm start. Going too early (2) won't help much because no one will be setup and pouring by then.

thanks... CAGrl ...I can see if Mr. Mommadeb wants to come later..I think he might be working during the day.. and then you can go in early!! I will check with him.... assuming Sparky was able to get me 2 early tickets........

edit: just talked to hubby, he said he will most likely be working friday, so no prob with swithching your "reg" ticket for his early one.... only catch... is that I will need a ride to the event.....please? I figured between all of us, someone might have room for me?

CAGrl

mommadeb1 wrote:thanks... CAGrl ...I can see if Mr. Mommadeb wants to come later..I think he might be working during the day.. and then you can go in early!! I will check with him.... assuming Sparky was able to get me 2 early tickets........

edit: just talked to hubby, he said he will most likely be working friday, so no prob with swithching your "reg" ticket for his early one.... only catch... is that I will need a ride to the event.....please? I figured between all of us, someone might have room for me?

Cool. Now one more early ticket for the hubby and we're set. And yeah we can figure out rides and drivers that night. Hubby says he's not driving because he's always my DD at these events. So it looks like we both will need rides too.

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:Cool. Now one more early ticket for the hubby and we're set. And yeah we can figure out rides and drivers that night. Hubby says he's not driving because he's always my DD at these events. So it looks like we both will need rides too.

mine is always my DD, we will work something out.... I think we got a decent sized rental car...should be able to fit extra riders and purchases into it!!!

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
CAGrl wrote:Cool. Now one more early ticket for the hubby and we're set. And yeah we can figure out rides and drivers that night. Hubby says he's not driving because he's always my DD at these events. So it looks like we both will need rides too.

But he doesn't drink wine anyway so what's the difference?

CT

tenuki

trifecta wrote:I currently am using 2 of my 8 available discount/early entry tickets. I will buy at the end of the week. Let me know if you want one. I guess this year there will be VIP wristbands to control early entry.

I might want 2-3, will let you know asap.

edit: Okay, definitely would like two more, will let you know about the third.

CT

tenuki

Oh, and as long as I'm thinking about it, do we want to go in on those neck lanyard things this time or do people have extra so I can use some?

And SJ people, do you normally drive back after or just get a hotel? My friends are coming from peninsula, wondering if they should grab a room or not (and hopefully not blow .4 on the breathalyzer like some people :P).

CT

CAGrl

I'll take one early entry ticket as well. So swapping with mr. mommadeb gives me 2 early entry. And I'll have an extra regular entry that I'm looking to just sell for what I buy the early entry for. So people let me know.

tenuki, we're planning on getting a hotel because we're doing the Saturday tasting as well. But if your friends aren't doing that then they can probably just head home

MarkDaSpark

I can give rides to you two. I will also order my tickets tomorrow. Just need to confirm who I'm buying tickets for (can only get 4 early entry)

1) Me
2) MommaDeb
3) Mr. MommaDeb (to be exchanged w/ CAgirl)
4) Rjquillen ???

Edit: Seeing if I can get regular entry tickets as well.

trifecta

My ticket list:

1) trifecta
2) trifecta +1
3) ajrod27
4) CAgirl
5) tenuki
6) tenuki +1
7) besevern??? (saw request and you aren't on Sparky's list)
8)

FYI... price is $43 + $2.50 service fee.

tenuki

CAGrl wrote:I'll take one early entry ticket as well. So swapping with mr. mommadeb gives me 2 early entry. And I'll have an extra regular entry that I'm looking to just sell for what I buy the early entry for. So people let me know.

tenuki, we're planning on getting a hotel because we're doing the Saturday tasting as well. But if your friends aren't doing that then they can probably just head home

How much are rooms?

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:I can give rides to you two. I will also order my tickets tomorrow. Just need to confirm who I'm buying tickets for (can only get 4 early entry)

1) Me
2) MommaDeb
4) Rjquillen ???

urrrgh! ddeuddeg & I would want early entry, I would think. Are we on your hidden list?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bsevern

trifecta wrote:My ticket list:

1) trifecta
2) trifecta +1
3) ajrod27
4) CAgirl
5) tenuki
6) tenuki +1
7) besevern??? (saw request and you aren't on Sparky's list)
8)

FYI... price is $43 + $2.50 service fee.

Count me in. Not sure if I can get there early yet or not, I usually don't get off work until 6PM....then gotta drive from Sunnyvale to Alameda.....sigh...dumb job thingy always getting in the way

trifecta

bsevern wrote:Count me in. Not sure if I can get there early yet or not, I usually don't get off work until 6PM....then gotta drive from Sunnyvale to Alameda.....sigh...dumb job thingy always getting in the way

Maybe it is better to add bahwm and ddeuddeg to my list and you could buy a normal ticket from CAgirl (same price)?

That way early entry would be taken advantage of?

If you have a chance of getting of early though I can add you.

CAGrl

MarkDaSpark wrote:I can give rides to you two. I will also order my tickets tomorrow. Just need to confirm who I'm buying tickets for (can only get 4 early entry)

1) Me
2) MommaDeb
4) Rjquillen ???

Cool. You're giving me and my imaginary, possibly anatomically incorrect () hubby a ride. Yay! Thanks!

And bsevern, if you're not needing an early entry ticket, then you can buy my regular entry ticket from me. Or tenuki's friend can or whatever. I really want early entry since we're both taking a half day or day off.

tenuki

bahwm wrote:urrrgh! ddeuddeg & I would want early entry, I would think. Are we on your hidden list?

Well, I'm buying the two off trifecta for my friends who I doubt would make early entry anyway, if you find two regular tickets to trade for it :P

CT

CAGrl

I love all the trading going on here. Hmm, now to find where I placed those tickets.