ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
bahwm wrote:Do I hear one suitcase and three empty wine boxes going to California? TSA, have a ball!

One suitcase? You can't be serious! We need two suitcases for a simple 2-day weekend in Detroit.
EDIT: Sparky!

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ddeuddeg wrote:One suitcase? You can't be serious! We need two suitcases for a simple 2-day weekend in Detroit.
EDIT: Sparky!

She didn't meantion the two carry-on suitcases to go along with it all

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 186 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ddeuddeg wrote:Silent auction stuff? Horrors! I was not aware of this, and I'm a serious auction junkie. This could be a dangerous trip.

You have now idea how dangerous!!! However, I now here and henceforth claim any 3L PS Silent Auction wines!!!

What we may have to do is see what's there for the Auction, and discuss who wants what the most (as well as which ones might be split among two or more). It was fun in the past splitting with one (Loweeel & some VR PS set) and more than one (Pedroncelli PS with Cheron, Loweeel, and tenuki (and others?).

bahwm wrote:Do I hear one suitcase and three empty wine boxes going to California? TSA, have a ball!

Umm, I may have one or two foam case shipping boxes you could have. Then you don't need to bring them and worry about them on the flight out here.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
tenuki wrote:Are you calling her fat? haha

thanks!! ha ha. Hopefully we will have a car!

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Oakland is very close to Alameda. So, Oakland would be the airport to fly into. Alameda is where the event is on Friday evening.

thanks...

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:Also, the hotel for Friday night is close to the Oakland airport.

thanks, now waiting to see if where hubby needs to "work" can rearrange their schedule so it fits within these dates!

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Not at all. I'm just giving her first choice over the next two seats in the Wootmobile. Instead of a backstabbing little ....

aww your so sweet!! we prob. will have a rental, seeing how hubby has to "work" when he gets there....

mommadeb1

ddeuddeg wrote:Silent auction stuff? Horrors! I was not aware of this, and I'm a serious auction junkie. This could be a dangerous trip.

agreed!!

mommadeb1

I have saved 2 case boxes and 1 half case box from summer shipping.... see, I knew I would need them...

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:Umm, I may have one or two foam case shipping boxes you could have. Then you don't need to bring them and worry about them on the flight out here.

"Worry" about empty shipping boxes? I don't even worry about the full ones we're going to be taking home. SWA takes good care of us. However, it will make life a bit easier. Thanks for the offer. We'll see how things are in February. We may have to make arrangements to transport large bottles of PS won at auction.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta

Sparky - I call foul on reserving rights to large formats! My new buying rules are in respect to the # of bottles per month, and large formats still count as 1!

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

By the way, Sparky, how'd you figure out the date for D&D? It's not on their website. Or I just can't find it. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
CAGrl wrote:By the way, Sparky, how'd you figure out the date for D&D? It's not on their website. Or I just can't find it. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

They mentioned it in a fb post.

edit: well, I saw it on fb with mere mortals, sparky probably has little birds :P

CT

MarkDaSpark

trifecta wrote:Sparky - I call foul on reserving rights to large formats! My new buying rules are in respect to the # of bottles per month, and large formats still count as 1!

You still lose!!!

Besides, it's not like I'm not going to share them! 3L bottles are huge, plus I need to keep the vertical going (2005, 2006, 2007).

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ddeuddeg

trifecta wrote:Sparky - I call foul on reserving rights to large formats!

I don't bother crying foul. I just ignore it, and bid on what I want.

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:I don't bother crying foul. I just ignore it, and bid on what I want.

As long as you don't mind spending a lot, fine!

tenuki

Just funny "You asked, and we listened...for the first time, we will have a coffee partner at Dark & Delicious. We are thrilled to announce that Catahoula Coffee Co will serve drip coffee and offer an espresso bar at our event!"

My first thought was, we can be drunk AND caffeinated

CT

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:As long as you don't mind spending a lot, fine!

But

MarkDaSpark wrote:I now here and henceforth claim any 3L PS Silent Auction wines!!!

How can we know which MarkDaSpark to believe?

EDIT: For the benefit of anyone reading this thread for the first time, don't think this banter is anything but friendly. Sparky is one of my longest-standing woot buddies, and has been an honored guest in my home. But some of us who have been fairly regular contributors for quite a while still long for the old days of 30 page weekly pubs, when all kinds of fur would fly, all in good fun, and nearly everyone looking in would understand.

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:How can we know which MarkDaSpark to believe?

EDIT: For the benefit of anyone reading this thread for the first time, don't think this banter is anything but friendly. Sparky is one of my longest-standing woot buddies, and has been an honored guest in my home. But some of us who have been fairly regular contributors for quite a while still long for the old days of 30 page weekly pubs, when all kinds of fur would fly, all in good fun, and nearly everyone looking in would understand.

Muhawahahahahahahahahaha!! Which one will show up?

webdev511

quality posts: 38 Private Messages webdev511

Count me and SWMBO in! All the way from Santa Clara no less. Oh what an arduous trek that will be.

mommadeb1

ddeuddeg wrote:How can we know which MarkDaSpark to believe?

maybe I will out bid both of you!!! muuhhhaaaahhahaa

trifecta

MarkDaSpark wrote:That would help a lot, if we were side by side.

Should we call ahead and just book with HIE directly? I can PayPal you if you want to book both. It would be nice to find a good rate, but they may not discount the suites.

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27

I'm open to splitting a room if anybody is interested. Looking at the rates, it's about $133(including taxes) for a 2-king room.

rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin
ajrod27 wrote:I'm open to splitting a room if anybody is interested. Looking at the rates, it's about $133(including taxes) for a 2-king room.

I roomed up with bsevern and TimB for the rpm tour. Not sure about TimB, but I think bsevern may have a +1, so I'm looking to save on room to spend on PS. What days?

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm

I am soooo looking forward to this!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27
rjquillin wrote:I roomed up with bsevern and TimB for the rpm tour. Not sure about TimB, but I think bsevern may have a +1, so I'm looking to save on room to spend on PS. What days?

I believe everybody is only staying one night(2/22/13) in Alameda, then migrating to Sonoma for the next two nights. I did not see your name on the list of attendees, are you planning on attending?

rjquillin

ajrod27 wrote:I believe everybody is only staying one night(2/22/13) in Alameda, then migrating to Sonoma for the next two nights. I did not see your name on the list of attendees, are you planning on attending?

If I can make it work out, I'm going to give it a best effort. With $$ invested in a room, that improves. Still hoping too, to if Sparky has an empty seat...
Looking forward to another visit to Concannon.

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:If I can make it work out, I'm going to give it a best effort. With $$ invested in a room, that improves. Still hoping too, to if Sparky has an empty seat...
Looking forward to another visit to Concannon.

I usually head up on Thursday, so I can visit family graves on Friday. Among other visits. Heading back on Monday, when we stop at Concannon.

So if you can leave Thursday, fine. And can afford another stop at Concannon!!!

MarkDaSpark

Just a reminder that we have a separate thread for the D&D Weekend activities. Link is in the first post in this thread.

Please post in that thread if you will be joining us for any (or all) of those three days (Sat - Napa, Sun - Sonoma, Mon - Concannon).

MarkDaSpark

Cyber Monday has D&D single & group tickets on sale tomorrow.

$53 for singles, $43 per ticket for groups of 8 or more.

Link should work after midnight Monday.

tenuki

MarkDaSpark wrote:Cyber Monday has D&D single & group tickets on sale tomorrow.

Are we grouping? I'm in for at least 2, possibly 3, but not the VIP whatever since I can't make it by 6 anyway.

CT

mommadeb1

tenuki wrote:Are we grouping? I'm in for at least 2, possibly 3, but not the VIP whatever since I can't make it by 6 anyway.

crap, I am assuming this deal is only for today? I don't know if hubby has found out if he is working that weekend out there.....

trifecta

Is this better than our GrouPieS rate?

bahwm

Ddeuddeg & I would love to save some money on this deal! Sparky, would you please count us in on whatever you think is the best way to buy the tickets? I don't know how the groupies thing works exactly & I'm tied up with a big project @ work. We can Paypal you later or send you a check. Thanks!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin

I'm thinking I'm in on this too should we get to an eight count.

CT

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:crap, I am assuming this deal is only for today? I don't know if hubby has found out if he is working that weekend out there.....

Yes, this is only for today.

Not sure if this is better than PSgrouPieS rate, but it seems close for the group rate.

PSgrouPies get to go in early, between 5 and 6 pm, so if you don't (or can't) make the 5/5:30 pm entry, then this ticket is for you. Not sure how many PSgrouPieS tickets I'll be able to get when they tell me. But it might be
enough then.

I like to go in early and scope out the Silent Auction stuff. And food. Oh, and there might be some excellent wine there too!

Edit: So, if interested in this special CM group rate, post here. And once we reach 8, be prepared to PayPal me.

trifecta

MarkDaSpark wrote:Yes, this is only for today.

Not sure if this is better than PSgrouPieS rate, but it seems close for the group rate.

PSgrouPies get to go in early, between 5 and 6 pm, so if you don't (or can't) make the 5/5:30 pm entry, then this ticket is for you. Not sure how many PSgrouPieS tickets I'll be able to get when they tell me. But it might be
enough then.

I like to go in early and scope out the Silent Auction stuff. And food. Oh, and there might be some excellent wine there too!

Good point. I will hold out for the grouPieS rate. We have a membership as well, if we end up needing more tickets.

I guess I will get to scope the auction early too

bahwm

enough then.

Edit: So, if interested in this special CM group rate, post here. And once we reach 8, be prepared to PayPal me.

At the bottom of the link that you posted to the CM deal it says, "DISCOUNTS for GrouPieS and Designated Driver available upon request. Call or Email." Don't know for sure when that takes effect.

hillig

quality posts: 10 Private Messages hillig

Sorry folks - just discovered this thread.

What comprises the after party? More PS? Comparing silent auction winnings? Actually seeing what fellow WWers look like?

I'll definitely be at D & D, had a great time last year.

mommadeb1

enough then.

I still don't know... aggggggghhh when will the other tickets be for sale? what should I do?