+ Add a Comment

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 186 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

It's that time of year again! Time to think about that most delicious of all, that dark beauty... Petite Sirah!

P.S. I Love You will be hosting their 7th annual Dark & Delicious event at the Rock Wall Wine Company in Alameda, CA. Friday, Feb 22, 6-9 PM. Registration is not open yet. Keep your glass for the After Party!

Since it is on a Friday evening, those of us who travel will stay for the weekend. 2013 D&D Weekend Events Thread

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
FRIDAY FEB 22
7th Annual Dark & Delicious
6:00pm - 9:00pm
Rock Wall Wine Company
2301 Monarch Street, Alameda, CA 94501
Tickets:
Silent Auction List

Those of us with GrouPieS tickets might get in earlier (5 or 5:30 pm).

Attendees:

- PetiteSirah
- PetiteSirah +1
- PetiteSirah's Older, Wiser, Bigger Brother-In-Law
- PS's other 5 peoples
- MarkDaSpark
- CAGrl
- bahwm
- ddeuddeg
- trifecta
- trifecta +1
- ajrod27
- MommaDeb (yeah!)
- Mr. MommaDeb
- rjquillen
- Webdev511
- Webdev511 +1
- hillig
- tenuki
- tenuki's +1 (V from Vegas)
- tenuki's other +1
- WineDavid
- WineFarm
- gijose
- Ziegelstein (I think)
- bsevern
- bsevern +1 (??)
- Zephyress
- Mr. Zephyress

Maybe's:
- J (tenuki's friend)
- J's +1
- rfrusso
- rfrusso +1
- sukeiasa
- sukeiasa's dad
- Itwdswafo
- JoanneVicious
- michaepf
- Richardhod
- sanity
- mr. sanity
- redwinefan

Regrets:

* Anyone who misses this!
- klezman
- klezman +1
- JavaDrinker
- JavaDrinker +1
- kylemittskus
- kylemittskus + 1.5

D&D After Party
9:30pm - 12:01am
Holiday Inn - Oakland Airport
77 Hegenberger Road, Oakland, CA
Sparky's Suite

(Water will be available, just keep your D&D glasses for this too!)

Listing of Last Year's wines

Partial List of After-Party wines:

2008 Aaron PS, Tobin James 2006 PS, 2007 Aaron PS, 2009 Foppiano PS, & 2007 Meeker PS. Prager or VA PS Port. '06 to '08 DiArie PS Vertical. And some PS bottles to be named.

2012 D&D thread including Weekend Activities

2011 D&D thread

Friday's Forecast:

High: 61°F Sunny
Low: 46°F Partly Cloudy

CHANCE OF RAIN: 0% Day, 20% Night

WIND: W at 12 mph

updated: 2/21/2013 09:20 AM PT

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Please add me to the maybe list.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Not even on the maybe list? Do you need help reading this?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

funbunny

quality posts: 26 Private Messages funbunny

Those who travel for the weekend, do you stay near the event or further up for the weekend winery carousing? I usually fly into Oakland for my Napa/Sonoma excursions.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
funbunny wrote:Those who travel for the weekend, do you stay near the event or further up for the weekend winery carousing? I usually fly into Oakland for my Napa/Sonoma excursions.

Friday night they do the Holiday Inn Express near Oakland Airport, since the event itself is in Alameda, we always do the after party at the hotel. Then someplace in the valley for the rest of the weekend, think that one varies.

CT

tenuki

ddeuddeg wrote:Not even on the maybe list? Do you need help reading this?

Happy you and bawhm are going to make it!

CT

tenuki

I should be in for this and the whole weekend. J should be in as well, but we didn't talk about weekend yet or whether her +1 might join. Also have a maybe from V from Vegas.

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

Put me down as a maybe.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Not even on the maybe list? Do you need help reading this?

Computer was (still is) acting up. Creating both threads took 45+ minutes to do, and I had to run out the door.

You two were added to the weekend thread, and in the process of being added to the main D&D thread when the PC acted up again, and I decided to give up and get my old phone's SIM info transferred to the new phone's (Galaxy SIII) SIM.

Mea culpa. You two have been added to the list.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:
Attendees:

- bahwm's +1

Seriously?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta

Sparky - you can add my +1 and I to the list. We were actually talking the other day about booking a suite as well. We should try to get rooms next to each other to cut down on the noise complaints ;). I also have to decide on a bottle for the afterparty.....

We are also PsGroupies this year, so we can help with the tickets.

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Seriously?

I was waiting for you to notice.

MarkDaSpark

trifecta wrote:Sparky - you can add my +1 and I to the list. We were actually talking the other day about booking a suite as well. We should try to get rooms next to each other to cut down on the noise complaints ;). I also have to decide on a bottle for the afterparty.....

We are also PsGroupies this year, so we can help with the tickets.

That would help a lot, if we were side by side.

rjquillin

quality posts: 180 Private Messages rjquillin

Was yacking with bsevern this afternoon. Both considering...

Where you thinking of staying?

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
rjquillin wrote:Was yacking with bsevern this afternoon. Both considering...

Where you thinking of staying?

Check the first post:

D&D After Party
9:30pm - 1:00am
Sparky's Suite

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Unfortunately, with a wedding to plan, HAK & I will not be able to make it this time. I've got crazywork going on in February and then I'm moving at the end of the month, so time and $$ are both very tight. Boo. (But YAY for wedding!)

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

rjquillin

bahwm wrote:Check the first post:

D&D After Party
9:30pm - 1:00am
Sparky's Suite

Thanks for verifying. Wasn't sure that was also to be home base.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:Unfortunately, with a wedding to plan, HAK & I will not be able to make it this time. I've got crazywork going on in February and then I'm moving at the end of the month, so time and $$ are both very tight. Boo. (But YAY for wedding!)

for the wedding.

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Thanks for verifying. Wasn't sure that was also to be home base.

Home base for Friday only. Saturday we move closer to Napa/Sonoma.

I've stayed at the HI - American Canyon twice now. Depends on where we decide to go Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn is nice, but somewhat expensive. And farther from Napa for Saturday.

tenuki

cheron98 wrote:Unfortunately, with a wedding to plan, HAK & I will not be able to make it this time. I've got crazywork going on in February and then I'm moving at the end of the month, so time and $$ are both very tight. Boo. (But YAY for wedding!)

Boo! Use the money you saved by not going to Vegas! Will be missed. Even that crazy chatty guy

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

Ok, I'm trying to flip between the friday and weekend threads.. links aren't loading...so here are my silly questions... Where do you usually fly into? and Alameda is where this is? sorry I'm tired and hopping I can make it to not only friday, but the entire weekend!!!

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:Ok, I'm trying to flip between the friday and weekend threads.. links aren't loading...so here are my silly questions... Where do you usually fly into? and Alameda is where this is? sorry I'm tired and hopping I can make it to not only friday, but the entire weekend!!!

Oakland is very close to Alameda. So, Oakland would be the airport to fly into. Alameda is where the event is on Friday evening.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
mommadeb1 wrote:Ok, I'm trying to flip between the friday and weekend threads.. links aren't loading...so here are my silly questions... Where do you usually fly into? and Alameda is where this is? sorry I'm tired and hopping I can make it to not only friday, but the entire weekend!!!

Also, the hotel for Friday night is close to the Oakland airport.

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta
CAGrl wrote:Also, the hotel for Friday night is close to the Oakland airport.

You could probably skip a rental car the first day if needed. I think HIE has a shuttle and you could catch a ride to D&D with someone.

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

I guess there's two threads on this, but please put me and my +1 down as mebbe

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

Please, put me and mr. mommadeb for maybe

ddeuddeg

trifecta wrote:You could probably skip a rental car the first day if needed. I think HIE has a shuttle and you could catch a ride to D&D with someone.

Ride to D&D shouldn't be a problem. We'll be flying into Oakland on Tuesday, and spending a few days in the Dry Creek area, so we'll have a car. We haven't planned out what time to arrive in Oakland on Friday, but we could possibly do an airport pickup, too. Alas, we have to head home on Sunday afternoon, and will miss much of what's happening Sunday and Monday.

MarkDaSpark

trifecta wrote:You could probably skip a rental car the first day if needed. I think HIE has a shuttle and you could catch a ride to D&D with someone.

Yes, it does.

The HI is right next to the Oakland Airport. So they have a shuttle.

Alameda is right next door to Oakland, and the event is being held on the former Naval Base.

As usual, I'll be driving up on Thursday, and can give 3 or 4 (3 skinny) people rides to D&D on Friday.

So is this year's theme "Call me Maybe"?

tenuki

MarkDaSpark wrote:Yes, it does.

The HI is right next to the Oakland Airport. So they have a shuttle.

Alameda is right next door to Oakland, and the event is being held on the former Naval Base.

As usual, I'll be driving up on Thursday, and can give 3 or 4 (3 skinny) people rides to D&D on Friday.

So is this year's theme "Call me Maybe"?

4 people to D&D but only 2 fit on the way back thanks to all the silent auction stuff ;)

CT

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:4 people to D&D but only 2 fit on the way back thanks to all the silent auction stuff ;)

Doh! That's right. You guys didn't mind hanging on the roof, did you?

Actually, this year I'll make sure to make room in the trunk area BEFORE leaving the hotel.

Oh, and keep your D&D glasses for the after party.

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:As usual, I'll be driving up on Thursday, and can give 3 or 4 (3 skinny) people rides to D&D on Friday.

I could indeed be tempted by this if there's room.

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:I could indeed be tempted by this if there's room.

Well, you are skinny. Mommadeb?

tenuki

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, you are skinny. Mommadeb?

Are you calling her fat? haha

CT

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27

Please add me to the list of attendees.

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:Are you calling her fat? haha

Not at all. I'm just giving her first choice over the next two seats in the Wootmobile. Instead of a backstabbing little ....

MarkDaSpark

ajrod27 wrote:Please add me to the list of attendees.

Just you? Or will there be others like last year. You are already on the Maybe list.

tenuki

MarkDaSpark wrote:Not at all. I'm just giving her first choice over the next two seats in the Wootmobile. Instead of a backstabbing little ....

Haha, as stated in the other thread, I pretty much ignore everyone, if I needle you it's only because you're awesome Besides, y'all buried the hatchet at the end so I didn't jump in

CT

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:Haha, as stated in the other thread, I pretty much ignore everyone, if I needle you it's only because you're awesome Besides, y'all buried the hatchet at the end so I didn't jump in

Needle? That was a hatchet!!!

ddeuddeg

tenuki wrote:4 people to D&D but only 2 fit on the way back thanks to all the silent auction stuff ;)

Silent auction stuff? Horrors! I was not aware of this, and I'm a serious auction junkie. This could be a dangerous trip.

bahwm

ddeuddeg wrote:Silent auction stuff? Horrors! I was not aware of this, and I'm a serious auction junkie. This could be a dangerous trip.

Do I hear one suitcase and three empty wine boxes going to California? TSA, have a ball!