MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 183 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Nice to see everyone, sad that mewalk couldn't make it either day.

Edit: Me!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
MarkDaSpark wrote:Nice stop at Concannon with rj, ajrod, & nealkb. Nice to meet him. PS Port & Choc sauce bought.

At Harris Ranch for lunch, then back on the road.

Hope you guys made it home safe! It was a pleasure meeting you mark, rj, and ajrod!
Ajrod and I went to both of wentes locations afterwards.

Neal K Bharadwaj

MarkDaSpark

nealkb wrote:Hope you guys made it home safe! It was a pleasure meeting you mark, rj, and ajrod!

Thanks! Wish we could have joined you, but there was no more room for Wine Box Tetris© in the Wootmobile.

We had lunch at Wente two years ago or so (could be 3).

But Rj had 2 more hours to drive from my house, so we really did need to leave. And both of us are home safe and sound.

Although I'm somehow missing one of the 500ml Teldeschi PS bottles. Bought and paid for 2, and only one made it home. Both of us looked thru our boxes, but it wasn't there. We both had the 1995, but the other one I bought was missing.

I blame Corrado, because he was close enough in SoCal to fly up and snag it. That, or during one of the Sunday exchanges, it slipped into MommaDeb's purse.

Oh, and I still have that jacket from Friday night. I may have to see if it will fit me!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Zephyress

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zephyress

Yesterday was a lot of driving for us, but it was definitely fun. It was nice meeting everyone!

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
Zephyress wrote:Yesterday was a lot of driving for us, but it was definitely fun. It was nice meeting everyone!

Amen to the driving. MdS and I traded off duties in the blue woot-mobile, and after some eats at Harris Ranch made it thru surprisingly light LA traffic to do the unload, sort, check, oops, and reload for my final segment to east of San Diego. Rolled in only a bit after 22:00, but there were more than a few moments I don't remember; it was a long day.

And I think I may have some extra bottles I don't recall, possible of some late harvest, but brain still fuzzy and work beckons, so I'll know a bit more after a visit to the lockers.

Great time with all and putting some names to faces.

CT

rjquillin

nealkb wrote:Hope you guys made it home safe! It was a pleasure meeting you mark, rj, and ajrod!

I remember Wente of the 70's and 80's. Would have been a nice visit, but time and space won out. Great to meet you Neal.

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:Thanks! Wish we could have joined you, but there was no more room for Wine Box Tetris© in the Wootmobile.

We had lunch at Wente two years ago or so (could be 3).

But Rj had 2 more hours to drive from my house, so we really did need to leave. And both of us are home safe and sound.

Although I'm somehow missing one of the 500ml Teldeschi PS bottles. Bought and paid for 2, and only one made it home. Both of us looked thru our boxes, but it wasn't there. We both had the 1995, but the other one I bought was missing.

I blame Corrado, because he was close enough in SoCal to fly up and snag it. That, or during one of the Sunday exchanges, it slipped into MommaDeb's purse.

Oh, and I still have that jacket from Friday night. I may have to see if it will fit me!

hey now.... I don't have it.... I wish I did!!!!

mommadeb1

Zephyress wrote:Yesterday was a lot of driving for us, but it was definitely fun. It was nice meeting everyone!

Glad we got to meet you!! It was fun!!

mommadeb1

Home now.... don't want to be... wish the weekend didn't have to end!!! now all I have to do is find room for all I bought..... Thanks to all!! Sparky thanks for your arranging our stops!!!! It was great meeting/seeing everyone!!!

mommadeb1

sparky and rj... I just put my wines away (and I even had room!!) somehow I ended up with 2 sweet claire from prager instead of 1 sweet claire and 1 petite sirah..... my fault... I can either hold this until we meet again or I can send you the price difference.... plus rj. remember I owe u money... I am really, really sorry.... don't know how I screwed up....

edit: or I can ship it to its rightful owner...

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

rjquillin, i owe you $$. let me know how much and where to mail the check to for my prager port.

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:sparky and rj... I just put my wines away (and I even had room!!) somehow I ended up with 2 sweet claire from prager instead of 1 sweet claire and 1 petite sirah..... my fault... I can either hold this until we meet again or I can send you the price difference.... plus rj. remember I owe u money... I am really, really sorry.... don't know how I screwed up....

edit: or I can ship it to its rightful owner...

I think rj had you down for 2 on his list ... I'm still wondering what happened to my other 500ml Teldeschi bottle!

On the bright side ...

D&D Silent Auction wins -

• magnum of 2005 Biale Royal Punishers, same as a previous D&D, just not in a nice box or signed.
  • 3L of Michael-David 2009 Earthquake (goes with 2006 3L I have)
  • signed 2009? Concannon Capt Joe's, &
  • signed 2007 Clayhouse

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:I think rj had you down for 2 on his list ... I'm still wondering what happened to my other 500ml Teldeschi bottle!

On the bright side ...

D&D Silent Auction wins -

• magnum of 2005 Biale Royal Punishers, same as a previous D&D, just not in a nice box or signed.
  • 3L of Michael-David 2009 Earthquake (goes with 2006 3L I have)
  • signed 2009? Concannon Capt Joe's, &
  • signed 2007 Clayhouse

well, I must have tasters brain.. hubby thinks I wanted 2 sweet claire's ...I thought I got a petite.... so i guess if someone is missing a sweet, or has a petite they didn't want... let me know...
Like the auction winnings!! Now I wish I had won the Pedroncelli..a ha ha ha but one thing is for sure... I do not have your wine!!

MarkDaSpark

On a sadder note ...

My WW magnum decanter bit the dust. Barely touched a bottle (in a bag) and it shattered.

I still have a 2nd WW decanter (it's different shape, and may not be magnum capacity) as well as one decanter from a recent (within last 6 months) Home.Woot offer.

sniff, sniff.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:On a sadder note ...

My WW magnum decanter bit the dust. Barely touched a bottle (in a bag) and it shattered.

I still have a 2nd WW decanter (it's different shape, and may not be magnum capacity) as well as one decanter from a recent (within last 6 months) Home.Woot offer.

sniff, sniff.

oh, the tragedy!!!!!

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
MarkDaSpark wrote:... I'm still wondering what happened to my other 500ml Teldeschi bottle!

I checked mine as I updated CT yesterday. I ended up with the following:

'94 and '95 PS 500mL
'97 PS 375mL
'99 PS 375mL
'00 Terranova 750mL
'01 Terranova 750mL
'09 Muscat 375mL

Double checked the math and it matches my receipt.

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:On a sadder note ...

sniff, sniff.

You'd really be sniff-sniff had one of the D&D mags have been it. At least it was just full of Napa atmosphere and not grape juice.

CT

rjquillin

To all PM's and posts...

I'll dig out as fast as I can and update you all. This week looks to be a very crazy one as a business I'm working for is moving out of a space and have two days remaining to do so.

Wish me endurance, gonna need it.

CT

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:To all PM's and posts...

I'll dig out as fast as I can and update you all. This week looks to be a very crazy one as a business I'm working for is moving out of a space and have two days remaining to do so.

Good luck with work!! As far as D&D stuff, I am in no hurry, I just didn't want anyone to be upset if I had their stuff or for you not to get your $$ I owe you.. no worries here...

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
rjquillin wrote:To all PM's and posts...

Good luck with all that! I bailed on a meeting at 6 PM Monday. I just couldn't do it on 2.5 hours of sleep and a full day back at school. I had a one hour nap and thought it was 5:15 am and couldn't figure out why it was so bright out or where I was! That's what I get for staying in four different places in 5 nights!

Plus, my week has something each evening and progress reports are due on Friday!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

trifecta wrote:I checked mine as I updated CT yesterday. I ended up with the following:

'94 and '95 PS 500mL
'97 PS 375mL
'99 PS 375mL
'00 Terranova 750mL
'01 Terranova 750mL
'09 Muscat 375mL

Double checked the math and it matches my receipt.

The '94 is the one I'm missing, IIRC. Because I paid for 2 500ml, 2 375ml (same 4 as yours), then a Cab Franc and a 2002 PS Lot 2. Have them all but the '94.

Which is driving me up the wall even more than the Poli-Tics thread.

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:The '94 is the one I'm missing, IIRC. Because I paid for 2 500ml, 2 375ml (same 4 as yours), then a Cab Franc and a 2002 PS Lot 2. Have them all but the '94.

JUST got home frm dropping off at the locker and doing case inventory for ~3 hours. I think I left the notepad on the top of the car and drove off, as I can't find it. &^%#$%@#!!!! They are all taped up and tetras'd in. I am so bummed, and tired.

I'll drive by tomorrow, just in case.

ZZZZzzzzzz....

CT

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Good luck with all that! I bailed on a meeting at 6 PM Monday. I just couldn't do it on 2.5 hours of sleep and a full day back at school. I had a one hour nap and thought it was 5:15 am and couldn't figure out why it was so bright out or where I was! That's what I get for staying in four different places in 5 nights!

Plus, my week has something each evening and progress reports are due on Friday!

you sound like me when I get back from a trip... this time I didn't even hear my phone when work texted me, wanting me to come in!! oh well, I hope you can get some rest!!!

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:JUST got home frm dropping off at the locker and doing case inventory for ~3 hours. I think I left the notepad on the top of the car and drove off, as I can't find it. &^%#$%@#!!!! They are all taped up and tetras'd in. I am so bummed, and tired.

I'll drive by tomorrow, just in case.

ZZZZzzzzzz....

3 hours + all the extra stuff at work?!! and loosing the notepad? you need a drink!!!

rjquillin

mommadeb1 wrote:3 hours + all the extra stuff at work?!! and loosing the notepad? you need a drink!!!

I think I'm going to be relieved if nothing else when this week has ended.

Didn't even bother with supper or a glass. Just too pooped.
Shower this morning; cold. Pilot light had gone out on the heater. So out of the house at 06:15 to see if I could find the notepad.

SUCCESS, it had fallen off the top of the car on the first turn out of the drive at storage, and while slightly tattered, and now soon to be retired, the data was intact. The pen didn't do so well.

Now, back to closing shop. It's only 07:30 and I'm already tired.

CT

trifecta

So happy for you that you found it. I know how I would feel after losing 3 hours of inventory data.

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:The '94 is the one I'm missing, IIRC. Because I paid for 2 500ml, 2 375ml (same 4 as yours), then a Cab Franc and a 2002 PS Lot 2. Have them all but the '94.

Is someone missing some 2011 Prager Sweet Claire Late Harvest Riesling? Of the nine on the receipt, I still have four. Mommadeb, I have you down for two. Were these supposed to fill those two empty holes in your styro packers?

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Is someone missing some 2011 Prager Sweet Claire Late Harvest Riesling? Of the nine on the receipt, I still have four. Mommadeb, I have you down for two. Were these supposed to fill those two empty holes in your styro packers?

She said she already had them packed ... so did someone else not get theirs?

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

I think the morale of the story is to start inventory while still at the event, otherwise there will be a lot of cross country wootlegging to get the bottles back to their owners.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

I will take all excess inventory at no extra charge!

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

trifecta

tiger7610 wrote:I think the morale of the story is to start inventory while still at the event, otherwise there will be a lot of cross country wootlegging to get the bottles back to their owners.

Far easier said than done. If it comes down to the stats, only 3 bottles of confusion over the whole group is pretty low. I think the total for the group was well over 10 cases, so less than 3%.

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:Is someone missing some 2011 Prager Sweet Claire Late Harvest Riesling? Of the nine on the receipt, I still have four. Mommadeb, I have you down for two. Were these supposed to fill those two empty holes in your styro packers?

filling the styro...I wish... I have my 2.... I wonder if they messed up at prager?

mommadeb1

after your week, I hope you are able to rest this weekend!!

mommadeb1

If no one claims them let me know...I will pay pal you $$ for them...that is, providin

mommadeb1

If no one claims them let me know...I will pay pal you $$ for some of them...that is, providing you don't mind storing them for me .....

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
MarkDaSpark wrote:Nice to see everyone, sad that mewalk couldn't make it either day.

Edit: Me!

Sorry I missed all of you too. Sounds like you had a great time!!

mommadeb1

I think I am regretting not joining the wine club when we were at Jana and Scott's ..... those who are members, are there options? ....

trifecta

mommadeb1 wrote:I think I am regretting not joining the wine club when we were at Jana and Scott's ..... those who are members, are there options? ....

I remember hearing there is now a library club option... That definitely piqued my interest. Did you taste that '03 Cathedral? Wow.

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:I think I am regretting not joining the wine club when we were at Jana and Scott's ..... those who are members, are there options? ....

Far too many good ones, especially with the new Library one.

Check their web site for them.

Edit: SH Wine Club Page

HARVEY GRIFFINS - 4-Bottle Shipment
(*) Shipped quarterly in February, May, September and November ($85.00/Shipment Average)
(*) Scott Harvey Amador County Reds (Zinfandel, Barbera, Syrah)
(*) Receive 2 bottles each of Reserves and Mountain Selections

Also a 2 bottle shipment

HARVEY FAMILY OF WINES - 4-Bottle Shipment

(*) Shipped quarterly in February, May, September and November ($85.00/Shipment Average)
(*) 4 selections including Scott Harvey Amador Reds, Napa Valley Whites and Reds and Super Hero wines
(*) Receive 1 bottle of each from our Family of Wines

CLUB 1869 - 2-Bottle Shipment
(*) Shipped quarterly in February, May, September and November ($50.00/Shipment Average)
(*) 2 selections of Zinfandels - Vineyard 1869, Amador Old Vine, Napa Valley Old Vine, Mountain Selection and InZINerator
(*) Receive 2 different bottles of a Scott Harvey Zinfandel

JANA WINE CLUB - 2-Bottle Shipment

(*) Shipped quarterly in February, May, September and November ($55.00/Shipment Average)
(*) 2 selections per shipment including Rose, Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Old Vine Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon and Angel Eis
(*) Receive 2 different bottles of a Jana Napa Valley Wine

InZINerator Club - 1-2 Bottle Shipment

(*) Shipped quarterly in February, May, September and November ($45.00/Shipment Average)
(*) March shipment – 2 bottles of InZINerator
(*) June shipment – 1 signed InZINerator magnum (equal to two bottles)
(*) September – 2 bottles of InZINerator
(*) November – 1 signed 3 Liter of InZINerator (equal to four bottles)
(*) Selections are subject to change

I'm in the Harvey Griffins (2) & Club 1869 clubs.

rjquillin

trifecta wrote:I remember hearing there is now a library club option... That definitely piqued my interest. Did you taste that '03 Cathedral? Wow.

Singing, and somehow I find I have one. I think Monica told me I needed it in my cellar. Gonna miss her.

CT