trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta
MarkDaSpark wrote:No one has really responded to my post about that, other than asking about Sattui.

I asked about Sattui, MPM, & Prager. I also mentioned about a place in Calistoga where they had a tasting room for multiple wineries, but no one responded if they were still there.

Chateau Montelena is up in Calistoga too. Maybe there after VA?

I'm still tempted to try to make it to Biale before heading up to VA. It's about an hour to there, and then 45 min to VA. So if I can get out of the HI around 9:30 ...

Our plan is to hit Biale first and then drop our stuff. Probably could get to VA by 12:30 or 1. Other option up by VA would be Madrigal. They have been making PS for a long time and I have enjoyed several vintages from the 90's.

I am cool with trying out MPM, never heard of them before but always fun to try something new.

I am also thinking we may get some ideas on Friday night from chatting it up with folks too.

Leave HI @ 9:30 AM
Robert Biale - 10:30 to 11:30 (1 hour from HI Oakland)
Check-in and travel to Vincent Arroyo – 11:30am to 12:45pm (~1 hr drive, 15 min check-in)

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122
CAGrl wrote:Also, I know I owe trifecta money and I think ajrod money (and he owes me wine I think or if I have received it, sorry that I forgot). Am I forgetting anybody?

Me if you still want half the Tercero case.

random122

MarkDaSpark wrote:No one has really responded to my post about that, other than asking about Sattui.

I asked about Sattui, MPM, & Prager. I also mentioned about a place in Calistoga where they had a tasting room for multiple wineries, but no one responded if they were still there.

Chateau Montelena is up in Calistoga too. Maybe there after VA?

I'm still tempted to try to make it to Biale before heading up to VA. It's about an hour to there, and then 45 min to VA. So if I can get out of the HI around 9:30 ...

Hoping to make a visit to Corison at some point, but free to try anything else the rest of the day depending on what the group is doing.

trifecta

CAGrl wrote:
Also, I know I owe trifecta money and I think ajrod money (and he owes me wine I think or if I have received it, sorry that I forgot). Am I forgetting anybody?

You can always just paypal me if its easier.

random122

trifecta wrote:You can always just paypal me if its easier.

I owe you too. Paypal to your email address? I think I have that somewhere.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
trifecta wrote:You can always just paypal me if its easier.

Nope. Have your cash set aside already.

random122 wrote:Me if you still want half the Tercero case.

That's right. I will bring my checkbook.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
CAGrl wrote:Not sure about tasting room in Calistoga. Sattui would be a good place to grab something since they have the outdoor benches and food at their tasting room, if I remember correctly.

Cal-Mart in Calistoga has great sandwiches, if you remember.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

random122 wrote:Hoping to make a visit to Corison at some point, but free to try anything else the rest of the day depending on what the group is doing.

We've gone to Corison in years past, and zTimBz bought out their stock during the RPM Vets tour during the Summer.

They are always great, but it would have to be a morning stop, since we're hitting the VA Barrel Tasting.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

Just an FYI, Peju is having some release party on Saturday..

Neal K Bharadwaj

nealkb

MarkDaSpark wrote:Cal-Mart in Calistoga has great sandwiches, if you remember.

If you want really-really good and quick Mexican, check out La Luna Market. Its right off of 29 and Rutherford Rd.

Neal K Bharadwaj

trifecta

MarkDaSpark wrote:For Sunday ...

Sent an email to Lucas Meeker (hopefully), so more tomorrow on that.

So far Meeker is the farthest north (Geyerserville), with Teldeschi in Healdsburg.

Wellington closes at 4:30 pm, Mayo Family Winery (PS, Carignane, Alicante Bouschet, Sangiovese, plus more including whites) is open til 6:30 pm, but the Fig Cafe opens at 5:30 pm (and gets really crowded then).

So depending on if Lucas gets back to me, how does this sound?

@ Meeker from 11:00 am to 12:15 (or so)

Lunch @ 12:15 - 1:00 (or so)

15 minute drive from Meeker Tasting Room to Teldeschi. Depends on if we go to winery or tasting room, but if winery, we might have lunch there.

@ Teldeschi from 1:15 to 2:15

Travel to Ty Caton's Tasting Room (45 min)

@ Ty Caton from 3:00 to 3:40

Travel to Wellington (5 min)

@ Wellington from 3:45 to 4:30

Travel to Mayo (15 min)

@ Mayo Family Tasting Room from 5:00 to 5:45

Travel to The Fig Cafe (5 to 10 min)

Dinner @ The Fig Cafe (No Corkage) around 6pm to 8/8:30 (depending on seating).

This sounds like a good plan. Any word from Lucas? I know that Julia doesn't work the TR on Sunday's anymore, so we'll kinda have the newbie. I will make sure to pack a bottle for the Fig.

We may hit up the Hawley tasting room in downtown Healdsburg after Teldeschi. I have wine to pick up. After that we will either meet up at Ty or Wellington depending on the time.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
ddeuddeg wrote:Sounds charming. We always love to have flowers in the house. Shouldn't be a problem to find them somewhere along the way on Saturday.

is everyone else ok with me bringing the vase as the Hostess gift? It a big/beautiful vase... don't want to lug it if people are not in agreement.... that will be my contribution

edit: and I am not bringing wine with me... correct?

MarkDaSpark

trifecta wrote:This sounds like a good plan. Any word from Lucas? I know that Julia doesn't work the TR on Sunday's anymore, so we'll kinda have the newbie. I will make sure to pack a bottle for the Fig.

We may hit up the Hawley tasting room in downtown Healdsburg after Teldeschi. I have wine to pick up. After that we will either meet up at Ty or Wellington depending on the time.

I heard from Lucas, and he will be busy with his fiancee's family this Sunday, but his email indicated that Julia would take care of us on Sunday. ???

He's supposed to email me back with more info tomorrow, so I will post it tomorrow night (since I will be on the road with RJ most of tomorrow).

And we might see you at Biale on Saturday, if I get moving early enough!

MarkDaSpark

For Monday's visit to Concannon, what time is preferred?

11:00 am?

11:30 am?

12:00 pm?

I'm thinking 11:30 am.

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:is everyone else ok with me bringing the vase as the Hostess gift? It a big/beautiful vase... don't want to lug it if people are not in agreement.... that will be my contribution

edit: and I am not bringing wine with me... correct?

I think that would be perfect! And no, you don't need to bring wine with you then.

MarkDaSpark

nealkb wrote:If you want really-really good and quick Mexican, check out La Luna Market. Its right off of 29 and Rutherford Rd.

I'm from LA ...

... as in I can get really great and quick Mexican here.

MarkDaSpark

Only 2 more days!!!

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27
CAGrl wrote:
Also, I know I owe trifecta money and I think ajrod money (and he owes me wine I think or if I have received it, sorry that I forgot). Am I forgetting anybody?

Yeah, I have a couple bottles of Sycamore Creek sauv blanc for you. I was hoping you'd forgot about that :P Do you want me to bring them with me on Friday?

And bsevern, I have a couple bottles of The Crusher Orange for you. You have a bottle of something Rhone for me as well...

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:I think that would be perfect! And no, you don't need to bring wine with you then.

its all packed up... can't wait to take it thru security, seeing how it is lead crystal, which seems to throw them for a loop on the x-ray...

I am excited!!!! yea!!

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
ajrod27 wrote:Yeah, I have a couple bottles of Sycamore Creek sauv blanc for you. I was hoping you'd forgot about that :P Do you want me to bring them with me on Friday?

Yes please.

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
ajrod27 wrote:Yeah, I have a couple bottles of Sycamore Creek sauv blanc for you. I was hoping you'd forgot about that :P Do you want me to bring them with me on Friday?

And bsevern, I have a couple bottles of The Crusher Orange for you. You have a bottle of something Rhone for me as well...

I'll have to look at what I've bought recently, I'm not recalling a Rhone...but then again I can't remember what I did yesterday half the time either lately

nealkb

MarkDaSpark wrote:For Monday's visit to Concannon, what time is preferred?

11:00 am?

11:30 am?

12:00 pm?

I'm thinking 11:30 am.

Keep me in the loop for Monday Please! I live in fremont, Id love to meet a couple of you! Ill pm my number to you Mark

Neal K Bharadwaj

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27
bsevern wrote:I'll have to look at what I've bought recently, I'm not recalling a Rhone...but then again I can't remember what I did yesterday half the time either lately

Jan 30, 2013 Sounds like you picked it up from LB. Hope this helps!

random122

MarkDaSpark wrote:We've gone to Corison in years past, and zTimBz bought out their stock during the RPM Vets tour during the Summer.

They are always great, but it would have to be a morning stop, since we're hitting the VA Barrel Tasting.

The last time I was at Corison, the lady (Holly?) said that they were "literally running out of wine." Sounds like we have zTimBz to blame!

Is everyone going separate places in the morning and meeting at the VA tasting at 12:30?

bsevern

ajrod27 wrote:Jan 30, 2013 Sounds like you picked it up from LB. Hope this helps!

Ah ha...that would be the La Colliere Rasteau Cotes du Rhone. I know I have at least one bottle left, I'll have to check my stash. Would you like two if I have two?

trifecta

bsevern wrote:Ah ha...that would be the La Colliere Rasteau Cotes du Rhone. I know I have at least one bottle left, I'll have to check my stash. Would you like two if I have two?

After reviewing the initial thread I was on the hook for one too.

trifecta

MarkDaSpark wrote:I heard from Lucas, and he will be busy with his fiancee's family this Sunday, but his email indicated that Julia would take care of us on Sunday. ???

He's supposed to email me back with more info tomorrow, so I will post it tomorrow night (since I will be on the road with RJ most of tomorrow).

And we might see you at Biale on Saturday, if I get moving early enough!

Ok. Sounds good. I will wait until tomorrow to call Julia up. I can always ask her on Saturday by phone to have some stuff set out for us if Lucas hasn't already lined it up.

I hear you on getting moving Saturday. I already have some "I'm old and I drank last night" remedy's lined up. Hope your drive is going well! Let us know when you have arrived safely.

bsevern

trifecta wrote:After reviewing the initial thread I was on the hook for one too.

Oh oh...I think I have more...I have a bottle at the office, but I'm fairly certain that I took the rest home as I didn't drink them

bsevern

I'm not 100% sure on the plan for Saturday? Could someone post the itinerary for Saturday, or is everyone doing their own thing in the AM and meeting at VS for lunch?

trifecta

bsevern wrote:I'm not 100% sure on the plan for Saturday? Could someone post the itinerary for Saturday, or is everyone doing their own thing in the AM and meeting at VS for lunch?

It is varied. For us and I believe Sparky, VA won't be until later in the day. CAgrl is the only one who has mentioned being at VA by 11am. There may be others who can get up that early (2 hr drive from HI).

MarkDaSpark

bsevern wrote:I'm not 100% sure on the plan for Saturday? Could someone post the itinerary for Saturday, or is everyone doing their own thing in the AM and meeting at VS for lunch?

Saturday is looking like this ...

Option 1: Sleep in and
get to Vincent Arroyo around 11am when Barrel Tasting starts (or 10). Then wait for the rest to show.

Option 2: Robert Biale - 10 to 11am (1 hour from HI Oakland)

Check-in and travel to Vincent Arroyo – 11am to 12:30pm (~1 hr drive, 30 min check-in @ hotels/camp)

Vincent Arroyo: 12:30 – 1:30pm

Lunch: 1:30-2:30

Madrigal or Chateau Montelena - 2:30-4:15

David Fulton Winery: 4:30 – 5:15

Scott Harvey’s: 5:30 - 9/10 pm

MarkDaSpark

1 Day to Go!!!

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
MarkDaSpark wrote:Saturday is looking like this ...

get to Vincent Arroyo around 11am when Barrel Tasting starts (or 10). Then wait for the rest to show.

Check-in and travel to Vincent Arroyo – 11am to 12:30pm (~1 hr drive, 30 min check-in @ hotels/camp)

Or... skip Biale and get to VA earlier and i'll meet you there

random122

MarkDaSpark wrote:Saturday is looking like this ...

Tass and I will be hitting Corison at 10:15 and meeting everyone at VA afterwards. I'm not sure if I missed this, but do we need to make reservations at any of these places?

MarkDaSpark

mewalk707 wrote:Or... skip Biale and get to VA earlier and i'll meet you there

You meeting us on Sunday at all?

MarkDaSpark

random122 wrote:Tass and I will be hitting Corison at 10:15 and meeting everyone at VA afterwards. I'm not sure if I missed this, but do we need to make reservations at any of these places?

For our larger groups, I've tried to let them know. But for just two, you should be okay at Corison.

Lucas got back to me, and Jayson will be in the Tasting Room on Sunday, but he might be able to swing by as well.

Ty will drop by his tasting room on Sunday for us as well (3:00 planned).

random122

MarkDaSpark wrote:For our larger groups, I've tried to let them know. But for just two, you should be okay at Corison.

Lucas got back to me, and Jayson will be in the Tasting Room on Sunday, but he might be able to swing by as well.

Sounds great. Thanks!

MarkDaSpark

Teldeschi is at tonight's D&D pouring a vertical of somewhat aged PS, so say hi and let him know you'll see him on Sunday.

He's looking forward to Sunday as well.

rjquillin

quality posts: 184 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:For our larger groups, I've tried to let them know. But for just two, you should be okay at Corison.

Sparky and I have been trying to get a $$ amount for tasting fees at Wellington, but no joy yet after multiple requests.

CT

Zephyress

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zephyress

Is there room for last minute additions to the group, or are plans well made by this late? We can't make anything until midday on Saturday, but then have the afternoon and most of Sunday.