mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:Reminder that there should be a bottle brought per couple to Scott's! We don't want to impose more on them than necessary.

So when you are buying during the day, consider what you might purchase to share that evening.

remind me of all these "rules" so I don't look like an Milton..

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, I think Bruce and Demi are mad at her over those topless pics.

Edit: No PS = "Talk to the hand".

There should be some slack if you get up early on Sunday and hit it before we go to the first winery.

Or on Saturday.

sorry they don't have ps.... I just opened a bottle of syrah, and was wondering.....

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
ddeuddeg wrote:PMs for rjquillin and ajrod27. Please respond ASAP.

Replied

CT

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:Reminder that there should be a bottle brought per couple to Scott's! We don't want to impose more on them than necessary.

So when you are buying during the day, consider what you might purchase to share that evening.

Am I correct in assuming we can purchase from Scott?

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mommadeb1 wrote:remind me of all these "rules" so I don't look like an Milton..

Scott & Jana are always nice to us, and have a very nice wine cellar. That being said, we are their guests, so we need to bring some wine to share.

Also, we will be buying pizzas for dinner that night, and sharing with Scott & Jana (and whoever they have helping), so bring cash along to help pay for the pizza.

Speaking of, does anyone have any dietary needs regarding Pizza? We will be getting a mix, so if everyone could post their top 3 choices for themselves and SO's ....

Examples:

1) Pepperoni, Sausage, & Mushroom
2) Pepperoni & Sausage
3) Pepperoni

1) Everything
2) Vegetarian
3) Cheese

We can then sort them, and decide which pizzas we will get. Pretty sure we got them at That Pizza Place last year. Menu.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Am I correct in assuming we can purchase from Scott?

Yes. I'm picking up my Wine Club order then. And probably getting more too.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Scott & Jana are always nice to us, and have a very nice wine cellar. That being said, we are their guests, so we need to bring some wine to share.

Also, we will be buying pizzas for dinner that night, and sharing with Scott & Jana (and whoever they have helping), so bring cash along to help pay for the pizza.

Speaking of, does anyone have any dietary needs regarding Pizza? We will be getting a mix, so if everyone could post their top 3 choices for themselves and SO's ....

Examples:

2) Pepperoni & Sausage
3) Pepperoni

1) Everything
2) Vegetarian
3) Cheese

We can then sort them, and decide which pizzas we will get. Pretty sure we got them at That Pizza Place last year. Menu.

Do we buy their wine to share? We are good with whatever on the pizza's Mr. Mommadeb requested NO anchovies or fish please.... I like "white" pizzas or ones light on the sauce.... the all meat one looks good....

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:Do we buy their wine to share? We are good with whatever on the pizza's Mr. Mommadeb requested NO anchovies or fish please.... I like "white" pizzas or ones light on the sauce.... the all meat one looks good....

Sure. His Barbera, Syrah, & Zin are most excellent!!

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm

Not to mention, if somebody wanted bring them a hostess gift . . .

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Sure. His Barbera, Syrah, & Zin are most excellent!!

LOVE his zin!!!

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Not to mention, if somebody wanted bring them a hostess gift . . .

good thought

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:Scott & Jana are always nice to us, and have a very nice wine cellar. That being said, we are their guests, so we need to bring some wine to share.

Examples:

2) Pepperoni & Sausage
3) Pepperoni

1) Everything
2) Vegetarian
3) Cheese

ddeuddeg & I are good with whatever on the pizzas. Is there a way that we could get some sort of salad to help lighten things up a bit, instead of just all pizza? Thanks. If I knew the hood better, I'd be happy to help out. I've got a great Roasted Garlic and Spinach Salad with Roasted Pine Nuts or a Roasted Beet, Greens & Goat Cheese Salad.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:ddeuddeg & I are good with whatever on the pizzas. Is there a way that we could get some sort of salad to help lighten things up a bit, instead of just all pizza? Thanks. If I knew the hood better, I'd be happy to help out. I've got a great Roasted Garlic and Spinach Salad with Roasted Pine Nuts or a Roasted Beet, Greens & Goat Cheese Salad.

I like the salad idea!!

bahwm

bahwm wrote:ddeuddeg & I are good with whatever on the pizzas. Is there a way that we could get some sort of salad to help lighten things up a bit, instead of just all pizza? Thanks. If I knew the hood better, I'd be happy to help out. I've got a great Roasted Garlic and Spinach Salad with Roasted Pine Nuts or a Roasted Beet, Greens & Goat Cheese Salad.

I Just emailed Jana to see what she thinks of either of these ideas. Actually, Scott's '06 InZinerator goes beautifully with the Roasted Beet Salad!

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

Love the salad idea too! But I absolutely hate goat cheese.

rjquillin

CAGrl wrote:But I absolutely hate goat cheese.

However could this be true? Goat and Cavedoni! Heaven with wine.

CT

bahwm

CAGrl wrote:Love the salad idea too! But I absolutely hate goat cheese.

Hmmm. I've been known to plate the salads for our dinners or, could do some with goat cheese and some without. Actually, I don't put a ton of it in. We could work with that. It also has a really nice, light vinaigrette.

CAGrl

rjquillin wrote:However could this be true? Goat and Cavedoni! Heaven with wine.

I keep thinking this time will be different. And then I end up spitting it out again. I do that with olives too though. Oh, and I'm a finicky cheese eater. Don't like gorgonzola, blue, feta and such.

rjquillin

CAGrl wrote:I keep thinking this time will be different. And then I end up spitting it out again. I do that with olives too though. Oh, and I'm a finicky cheese eater. Don't like gorgonzola, blue, feta and such.

Stilton and a Vintage Port?

[edit]
Ha, I remember years ago when I was doing Ren faires, one got rained out and a batch of us went for supper. Buffy's first time with oysters; she launched it to the other end of the table!

CT

CAGrl

bahwm wrote:Hmmm. I've been known to plate the salads for our dinners or, could do some with goat cheese and some without. Actually, I don't put a ton of it in. We could work with that. It also has a really nice, light vinaigrette.

Don't worry. If it's big enough chunks, I can pick it off. Make or not make whatever works for you. By the way, I think you made the spinach salad when I visited and that was absolutely amazing!

CAGrl

rjquillin wrote:Stilton and a Vintage Port?

Um, no! Looking at the picture tells me definitely no. The port, yes. Cheese, ew.

bahwm

CAGrl wrote:Don't worry. If it's big enough chunks, I can pick it off. Make or not make whatever works for you. By the way, I think you made the spinach salad when I visited and that was absolutely amazing!

I think I made that one too and probably served it with one of Scott's Zins--maybe even the '06 InZinerator!

CAGrl

bahwm wrote:I think I made that one too and probably served it with one of Scott's Zins--maybe even the '06 InZinerator!

Maybe. All I remember is that you gave me the recipe. Gotta find that one and try making it. It was so yummy! But you and ddog are amazing cooks!!! I should get cooking lessons from you two.

bahwm

CAGrl wrote:Maybe. All I remember is that you gave me the recipe. Gotta find that one and try making it. It was so yummy! But you and ddog are amazing cooks!!! I should get cooking lessons from you two.

Come on over!

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:I Just emailed Jana to see what she thinks of either of these ideas. Actually, Scott's '06 InZinerator goes beautifully with the Roasted Beet Salad!

Sorry, should have mentioned about salad. They didn't have it on the list, but I was going to check with Scott about places we could pick one up. But you seem to have it well in hand.

Note: I feel about Beets the same CAgirl feels about cheese. I could have sworn you said Roasted Beef salad.

And great idea about the Hostess gift. Thoughts anyone?

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Sorry, should have mentioned about salad. They didn't have it on the list, but I was going to check with Scott about places we could pick one up. But you seem to have it well in hand.

Note: I feel about Beets the same CAgirl feels about cheese. I could have sworn you said Roasted Beef salad.

And great idea about the Hostess gift. Thoughts anyone?

I like beets and goat cheese.... as for hostess gift let me see what I have... I used to work for lenox china... I will check my "gift" box to see if I have anything that might be acceptable..

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
trifecta wrote:Sparky - I think this is the updated list for Saturday. I think it is the same for Sunday with andyduncan having a +2, random & tassadar out, and bahwm & ddeuddeg limited due to flight.

Saturday:
Sparky
ajrod27
rjquillin
trifecta
trifecta +1
CAGrl
CAGrl +1
bahwm
ddeuddeg
Mommadeb1
Mommadeb1 +1
Andyduncan
Andyduncan +1
Random122
Tassadar2k03

Maybe:
bsevern
bsevern +1
tenuki
tenuki +1

Move me to the positively going list, now to get the +1 to go

I'll probably be driving up North after D&D Friday night to get my +1, and meeting everyone at the first winery on Saturday (Robert Biale??).

Purple teeth here we come!

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Anyone up for a cigar at Scott's on Saturday night?

MarkDaSpark

bsevern wrote:Anyone up for a cigar at Scott's on Saturday night?

Duh.

MarkDaSpark

4 more Days!!!!

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta
bsevern wrote:Anyone up for a cigar at Scott's on Saturday night?

Especially if you have one of those special ones for me wink

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta

I have a special wine from his past that I picked up at auction for him. We will also bring a few bottles of wine to choose from.

MarkDaSpark wrote:

Wow, only a single specialty pie without red meat.... I guess we can pick stuff off. Our only vote is vegetarian. We would do a chicken pizza, but they don't seem to have any.

We are trying to be better about our diet anyway, so we will bring a healthyish side dish as well.

MarkDaSpark

trifecta wrote:Wow, only a single specialty pie without red meat.... I guess we can pick stuff off. Our only vote is vegetarian. We would do a chicken pizza, but they don't seem to have any.

We are trying to be better about our diet anyway, so we will bring a healthyish side dish as well.

We can also get one with just the toppings you pick ... weird that they don't have chicken.

Depending on how many want veggie, we could do two of them, one regular and one with picked toppings.

But thanks on the side dish, that will help!

mommadeb1

I have a Lenox Facination vase I can bring for sat. night gift. The only problem is the box is a bit beat up.. we could give them the vase with flowers in it... it is large crystal vase... really nice...

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan

Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend. Not going to be able to make the friday night festivities, but still in for the sat/sun tastings.

For saturday night dinner will be bringing both the plus one and the plus two, she's still not available for saturday tastings, but will be available for dinner, if there's room.

Will dig through my cellar and try to find something interesting to bring up.

-Andy

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

MarkDaSpark

andyduncan wrote:Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend. Not going to be able to make the friday night festivities, but still in for the sat/sun tastings.

For saturday night dinner will be bringing both the plus one and the plus two, she's still not available for saturday tastings, but will be available for dinner, if there's room.

Will dig through my cellar and try to find something interesting to bring up.

-Andy

Excellent!!!

Oh, and ...

Only 3 days left til the weekend!!!

CAGrl

So I'm starting out at VA. Where are we going after that? And then we move onto David Fulton and Harvey's. Just curious as to how I should plan my day.

Also, I know I owe trifecta money and I think ajrod money (and he owes me wine I think or if I have received it, sorry that I forgot). Am I forgetting anybody?

And I'm bringing 1997 and 1998 Foppiano PS and Prager port.

MarkDaSpark

CAGrl wrote:So I'm starting out at VA. Where are we going after that? And then we move onto David Fulton and Harvey's. Just curious as to how I should plan my day.

Also, I know I owe trifecta money and I think ajrod money (and he owes me wine I think or if I have received it, sorry that I forgot). Am I forgetting anybody?

And I'm bringing 1997 and 1998 Foppiano PS and Prager port.

No one has really responded to my post about that, other than asking about Sattui.

I asked about Sattui, MPM, & Prager. I also mentioned about a place in Calistoga where they had a tasting room for multiple wineries, but no one responded if they were still there.

Chateau Montelena is up in Calistoga too. Maybe there after VA?

I'm still tempted to try to make it to Biale before heading up to VA. It's about an hour to there, and then 45 min to VA. So if I can get out of the HI around 9:30 ...

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
mommadeb1 wrote:I have a Lenox Facination vase I can bring for sat. night gift. The only problem is the box is a bit beat up.. we could give them the vase with flowers in it... it is large crystal vase... really nice...

Sounds charming. We always love to have flowers in the house. Shouldn't be a problem to find them somewhere along the way on Saturday.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

CAGrl

MarkDaSpark wrote:No one has really responded to my post about that, other than asking about Sattui.

I asked about Sattui, MPM, & Prager. I also mentioned about a place in Calistoga where they had a tasting room for multiple wineries, but no one responded if they were still there.

Chateau Montelena is up in Calistoga too. Maybe there after VA?

I'm still tempted to try to make it to Biale before heading up to VA. It's about an hour to there, and then 45 min to VA. So if I can get out of the HI around 9:30 ...

Not sure about tasting room in Calistoga. Sattui would be a good place to grab something since they have the outdoor benches and food at their tasting room, if I remember correctly.