MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
trifecta wrote:Mark - When do you think we should contact HIE about rooms? We had talked about getting suites next to each other to insulate the noise of the after party.

I don't think booking online gives us a good chance of having next door rooms.

I think we can put it in the notes when we book, each other's last name. Plus, I'll be checking in a day early, so I can make sure then.

Edit: Me!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

ok, bear with me, I'm tired and not thinking straight... Do we Stay at the Holiday Inn Express fri, sat and sun? or just Friday? I figured this will be my birthday present to myself.. ha ha... If I know how many rooms/night, I can try to call them and see if they will give us a deal? no promises that they will....

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta
mommadeb1 wrote:ok, bear with me, I'm tired and not thinking straight... Do we Stay at the Holiday Inn Express fri, sat and sun? or just Friday? I figured this will be my birthday present to myself.. ha ha... If I know how many rooms/night, I can try to call them and see if they will give us a deal? no promises that they will....

For us it will just be Friday. Most folks will be moving northward for Sat/Sun.

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:ok, bear with me, I'm tired and not thinking straight... Do we Stay at the Holiday Inn Express fri, sat and sun? or just Friday? I figured this will be my birthday present to myself.. ha ha... If I know how many rooms/night, I can try to call them and see if they will give us a deal? no promises that they will....

We're at the Holiday Inn & Suites (Oakland Airport) for Friday night only.

Then we go someplace in Napa/Sonoma area for Sat/Sun nights. Some will only stay Sat night.

We haven't settled on a place yet. There's been some talk of camping by some, HIE in American Canyon, or also the Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn (right in Sonoma). The BW has (had?) a Groupon for it.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm

I just rented an intermediate car from Tues - Sun on carrentals.com for $57.00 including taxes!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:I just rented an intermediate car from Tues - Sun on carrentals.com for $57.00 including taxes!

must check it out....guess I should actually make hotel reservations....Hubby said we could go..!!!!!!!

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
mommadeb1 wrote:must check it out....guess I should actually make hotel reservations....Hubby said we could go..!!!!!!!

YAY!!! So happy that we get to hang out again.

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:YAY!!! So happy that we get to hang out again.

me to!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Had a thought this AM: we'll be in the Sonoma Valley for a few days before heading into Oakland on Friday. The Russian River Brew Pub says they have Pliny the Elder on tap 93.5% of the time. I've heard so much about that brew, I think we should stop in there for lunch and try some, maybe Friday, on the way south.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27
ddeuddeg wrote:Had a thought this AM: we'll be in the Sonoma Valley for a few days before heading into Oakland on Friday. The Russian River Brew Pub says they have Pliny the Elder on tap 93.5% of the time. I've heard so much about that brew, I think we should stop in there for lunch and try some, maybe Friday, on the way south.

Pliny the Elder is a great brew thats available year-round but if Pliny the Younger is still available, that would be quite the treat. Pliny the Younger releases on the first Friday of February and is usually only available for 2 weeks; named best beer in the world by Beer Advocate (based on average user reviews I believe.)

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
ajrod27 wrote:Pliny the Elder is a great brew thats available year-round but if Pliny the Younger is still available, that would be quite the treat. Pliny the Younger releases on the first Friday of February and is usually only available for 2 weeks; named best beer in the world by Beer Advocate (based on average user reviews I believe.)

Do you know where in the bay area I can find Pliny the Younger? I really want to try it without having to make the trek to Sonoma county.

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27
CAGrl wrote:Do you know where in the bay area I can find Pliny the Younger? I really want to try it without having to make the trek to Sonoma county.

Looks like there are only a few places available in the bay area, none of which are in the south bay. I have a coworker who makes the trek up to the brewery to buy a couple growlers when it's available and brings it back to share. I'll talk to him when I go back to work on the 7nth and see if he can pick up an extra growler.

klezman

quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman
ddeuddeg wrote:Had a thought this AM: we'll be in the Sonoma Valley for a few days before heading into Oakland on Friday. The Russian River Brew Pub says they have Pliny the Elder on tap 93.5% of the time. I've heard so much about that brew, I think we should stop in there for lunch and try some, maybe Friday, on the way south.

Russian River Brewery is excellent. Get the tasting board and share among 3-4 people. Or two. It's too much for just one. And their flatbreads/breadsticks are delicious. I'm getting more jealous! At least it's drivable at the last minute if we choose or there are last minute cheap flights on United frequently.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:must check it out....guess I should actually make hotel reservations....Hubby said we could go..!!!!!!!

So I'm leaning to stay at the BW Sonoma Valley Inn for the weekend. Any one else?

NonnaWY

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NonnaWY

I've been chatting with Sparky about coming, but would like to share a room for Friday night and again on Saturday. I'd be heading back to Denver on Sunday afternoon. Any ladies interested in sharing?

I will drink no wine before it's time. What time is it, anyway?

Here's to the corkscrew - a useful key to unlock the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly.

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan

Not going to make D&D I don't think, but put me in as a maybe+4 for the tastings. Gonna try to drag some friends along.

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

trifecta

FYI... I have reserved a yurt at the BOTHE-NAPA VALLEY SP right up the road (only 4 miles right up 29) from Scott's on Saturday night. There are two left if others are interested. I know a couple folks who may want to share with us. The yurts are 21' diameter, have a queen bed, 4 cots, benches and a table. It also has the typical fire ring and table outside as well. A medium tent can be setup outside. The park has showers.$84 after fees. Standard sites available for $35, but figured the yurt was a nice option for temperature and rain reasons. Cheaper than any other napa stay.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:So I'm leaning to stay at the BW Sonoma Valley Inn for the weekend. Any one else?

has a decision been made as to where we ara staying sat and sun nights? Seeing how i'm on a roll with actually getting things done ha ha ha

trifecta

My +1, ajrod27, and possible another will be camping on Sat night. Headed back to south bay on Sun after the day. In summary, I am no help.

trifecta

Crickets.

Any word back on Scott's for Saturday? What about KR? Thinking we should start up the winery stop discussions again so we can give them some advance notice.

For Sunday I am good with Meeker. If we tell Lucas with enough notice he may be able to host us at the winery in Santa Rosa instead of up in Geyserville. I want to look into Mounts, their PETs I had at the D&D BBQ were fantastic. They are members and will be at the event.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

This Groupon just came up for Best Western Sonoma for people that are staying up there Sunday and maybe going to Livermore Monday it's only $59.

CT

mommadeb1

tenuki wrote:This Groupon just came up for Best Western Sonoma for people that are staying up there Sunday and maybe going to Livermore Monday it's only $59.

ok.. tell me where I need to be booking for sat and sunday night.... we are leaving monday..... is the Best Western Where I need to be booking for sunday????

edit.. and the link doesn't work...

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

No idea, just saw the deal and threw it out there. Fixed the link.

CT

bahwm

tenuki wrote:This Groupon just came up for Best Western Sonoma for people that are staying up there Sunday and maybe going to Livermore Monday it's only $59.

THAT, certainly, is a real deal! But, as you said, it's for Sunday.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

trifecta wrote:Crickets.

Any word back on Scott's for Saturday? What about KR? Thinking we should start up the winery stop discussions again so we can give them some advance notice.

For Sunday I am good with Meeker. If we tell Lucas with enough notice he may be able to host us at the winery in Santa Rosa instead of up in Geyserville. I want to look into Mounts, their PETs I had at the D&D BBQ were fantastic. They are members and will be at the event.

Contact made. Waiting a response from Scott.

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:has a decision been made as to where we ara staying sat and sun nights? Seeing how i'm on a roll with actually getting things done ha ha ha

Best Western SVI seems to be booked for Saturday night.

Checking around. SpringHill Suites Napa (by Napa airport) is only $123 a night.

Holiday Inn Express in American Canyon (a little south of SpringHill) is $117 a night.

These two are at the south end of Napa/Sonoma, so easy to swing either way.

But I may be leaning to the Comfort Inn Calistoga, Hot Springs of the West for $122 a night. We've stayed there in the past, it's not far from Scott's, and close enough to get into northern Sonoma for Sunday. But more of a trek for Wellington/Caton visits. If we go there.

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Contact made. Waiting a response from Scott.

I had contacted him earlier, and just sent a follow-up to him.

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:I had contacted him earlier, and just sent a follow-up to him.

Uh, oh. The two of us in the past few days.

bahwm

We're on for Scott's Sat. Night!

trifecta

bahwm wrote:We're on for Scott's Sat. Night!

Awesome!

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:We're on for Scott's Sat. Night!

yea!!

ok all you veterans of this tour/party.... whats the dress code for this trip/adventure??

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Best Western SVI seems to be booked for Saturday night.

Holiday Inn Express in American Canyon (a little south of SpringHill) is $117 a night.

But I may be leaning to the Comfort Inn Calistoga, Hot Springs of the West for $122 a night. We've stayed there in the past, it's not far from Scott's, and close enough to get into northern Sonoma for Sunday. But more of a trek for Wellington/Caton visits. If we go there.

Let me know... seeing how I have NO idea where anything is... what about sunday?

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:Best Western SVI seems to be booked for Saturday night.

ddeuddeg booked the Wine Valley Inn in Napa for Sat night. It seems to be about a half hour drive from St. Helena. Cost $89.99 for a std King room with continental breakfast & highspeed internet. Not sure about other availability at this time.

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:yea!!

ok all you veterans of this tour/party.... whats the dress code for this trip/adventure??

Black Tie .... not!

Casual all the way. Friday night will be cool, so dress warmly. No heating inside.

Also, we will probably be inside and out at Scott's, so bring something to put on.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Black Tie .... not!

Casual all the way. Friday night will be cool, so dress warmly. No heating inside.

Also, we will probably be inside and out at Scott's, so bring something to put on.

something to put on..... sounds dangerous!! Ha ha ha... so jeans and nice top ok for the trip???

andyduncan

So I'm in plus one for Saturday and plus two for Sunday. Looking forward to seeing you guys!

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:something to put on..... sounds dangerous!! Ha ha ha... so jeans and nice top ok for the trip???

Well, if you want to go topless, who am I to argue?

Yes, jeans and nice top are fine.

bahwm

andyduncan wrote:So I'm in plus one for Saturday and plus two for Sunday. Looking forward to seeing you guys!

Oooooo, yeah! Andyduncan! How great it will be to see you again! Do we know your guests?

andyduncan

bahwm wrote:Oooooo, yeah! Andyduncan! How great it will be to see you again! Do we know your guests?

I don't think so, like the pencilthieves, they're long-time wooters but part of the silent majority. Keep trying to get them more involved in the community. They're coming around, this should seal the deal.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, if you want to go topless, who am I to argue?

Yes, jeans and nice top are fine.

well you are the one who said to bring something to put on........Ha ha ha....