2008 Bitch Tongue Grenache, Calaveras County
CT links above

Winery website

Previous offer:
7/8/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

nimhgrad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nimhgrad

No Virginia 2 days in a row. It's a conspiracy!

threemoons

quality posts: 19 Private Messages threemoons

Woot, you are KILLING me. I haz no money, but you keep putting out these awesome repeats.

I got the 3-pack the first time around, and I LOVED it.

If I wasn't broke I'd be in. If it was for 3 of the Red Blend, I'd be in ANYWAY.

takethefarmandrun

quality posts: 1 Private Messages takethefarmandrun
nimhgrad wrote:No Virginia 2 days in a row. It's a conspiracy!

Aye, mate! You lily-livered ink spot of a lad - 'tis true!

cortot20

quality posts: 161 Private Messages cortot20

My 2012 resolution was to only buy pirate themed wine. And lookie here, all my wants and desires fulfilled in one click of the mouse.

CT

sodalite

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sodalite

These bottles would have been awesome to add to the festivities! Are we expected to wait until next Halloween?

takethefarmandrun

quality posts: 1 Private Messages takethefarmandrun

Woot! Splice the mainbrace & let thar' rats scurry!

If ye plan 'tis to hornswaggle, bring on the lads & lassies...

smittypap

quality posts: 6 Private Messages smittypap

Um, where be that?

Crap

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
smittypap wrote:Um, where be that?

Disovery Bay, near Brentwood. North of Tracy and Livermore.

Neal K Bharadwaj

true559

quality posts: 25 Private Messages true559

The red blend looks interesting. The others...not so much.

michaelvella

quality posts: 13 Private Messages michaelvella
smittypap wrote:Um, where be that?

www.google.com

smittypap

quality posts: 6 Private Messages smittypap
nealkb wrote:Disovery Bay, near Brentwood. North of Tracy and Livermore.

Nope. That's a small section of a housing development. There is no city in California called Lido Bay.

Crap

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Happy Halloween everyone!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
MarkDaSpark wrote:Oh, almost forgot ....

Happy Halloween everyone!!!

I'm just hanging out, really.

shopping77

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shopping77

What ever happened to the long discussions on the wine that used to happen daily? I used to like to read a variety of tasting notes and make an informed decision. There would be at least 2-3 pages on each offering. The last few offerings that tempted me have had very little repsonse. No more rats now no more rates? Bummer.

lidobay

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lidobay
shopping77 wrote:What ever happened to the long discussions on the wine that used to happen daily? I used to like to read a variety of tasting notes and make an informed decision. There would be at least 2-3 pages on each offering. The last few offerings that tempted me have had very little repsonse. No more rats now no more rates? Bummer.

lidobay

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lidobay

Good Morning all you fine ladies and gentlemen. Bob Balentine here, winemaker of Lido Bay Wines. Lido Bay is actually a cove on the Delta within Discovery Bay. Dave Armstrong who is an associate was the creative force behind the Lido Bay Wines and lives on Lido Bay. Together we created a fun but serious line up of several varietals specializing in small lots from some of the top vineyards on the Central Coast. The Mutiny is a non traditional blend of 8 varietals with a 30% base of Mourvedre. Best described as a blend of the more elegant Old World style and New World full body. It is very balanced and is great on it's own and pairs very nicely with a wide range of food. This blend has been one of our top sellers.

thestickyb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thestickyb

I just recently started drinking wine and am no way an expert nor do I know how to properly convey in wine terminology what these taste like. I can however say I bought this set from Woot before and the 2 that I have opened so far are 2 of the best tasting wines I have personally ever had.

On a side note I ordered in the middle of the summer and when I received my wine 2 of the bottles had leaked from the heat I am assuming. The wine maker was kind enough to send me out replacements no problem so props to them and props to Woot for contacting them for me.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

lidobay wrote:Good Morning all you fine ladies and gentlemen. Bob Balentine here, winemaker of Lido Bay Wines. Lido Bay is actually a cove on the Delta within Discovery Bay. Dave Armstrong who is an associate was the creative force behind the Lido Bay Wines and lives on Lido Bay. Together we created a fun but serious line up of several varietals specializing in small lots from some of the top vineyards on the Central Coast. The Mutiny is a non traditional blend of 8 varietals with a 30% base of Mourvedre. Best described as a blend of the more elegant Old World style and New World full body. It is very balanced and is great on it's own and pairs very nicely with a wide range of food. This blend has been one of our top sellers.

Welcome Bob... Happy Hallowoot!

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

joeme

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joeme

I really want to have a glass of wine with this dude now

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi
lidobay wrote:

Amazon

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Tried to reach "mschauber" through PM no response, he's from NY so I hope he made out OK.

jsouthard007

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jsouthard007

On their website the Mutiny is $39 (2009) and the B**ch Tongue Grenache is $26, so for $59 it's kind of like getting a $6 discount and the Voignier ($24) for free. That being said, I'm not a white wine person, so I don't know... maybe I can give that as a gift.