takethefarmandrun

quality posts: 1 Private Messages takethefarmandrun
neilfindswine wrote:...and there's not much of the '09 left!

and BTW we were searching the office for the unfinished bottle for hours... glad to hear that Klezman found a home for it...

Neil, taking nothing away from this offer, I don't see where Klezman has responded (publically) in 20+ hours...and I don't understand.

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:All I can say is we all really liked this on Saturday, and it was the favorite.

If you love PS, you can't pass this up. Plus, if Peter is one of your favorite winemakers, you doubly can't pass!

Yes Sparky, it was that good, and that Corison from TimZ was top notch (thanks!). But we're comparing aged Cab with infant PS, not fair.

I've already got four of these. I've held out all day, almost. Finally caved.

CT

rjquillin

takethefarmandrun wrote:Neil, taking nothing away from this offer, I don't see where Klezman has responded (publically) in 20+ hours...and I don't understand.
klezman wrote:Had this at the WCC Hallowoot party. Notes from a few hours post-opening, no decant say that it's a fairly restrained nose, but with some blackberry and woodiness. The flavours were nice, integrated, and surprisingly complete for a PS this young. Bright acidity, nicely tannic, and overall my favourite of all the H-D wines I've yet tried.

I also was fortunate enough to sneak away with the remains of the bottle for sampling on day 2. At that point I thought there was significantly more blackberry and smoky notes emerged. I also found it to be more astringent on day 2, so I suppose it will get more interesting with a bit more age and it's got plenty of life. One for drinking now or later, as you wish.

CT

takethefarmandrun

rjquillin wrote:

hi rjquillin, I'm responding to Neil's comment, and it's been 20++ hours...

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
takethefarmandrun wrote:hi rjquillin, I'm responding to Neil's comment, and it's been 20++ hours...

I'm not sure what exactly you're suggesting. Are you accusing Neil of killing klezman for taking the bottle?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
kylemittskus wrote:I'm not sure what exactly you're suggesting. Are you accusing Neil of killing klezman for taking the bottle?

Yeah, neither am I. Several wooters took home some of the unfinished remains for a second look. I had a feeling this one was going to get interesting so I grabbed it. I reported on the day 1 (which was about 3-4 hours of in-bottle decant) and on day 2, which was also in bottle but with tons of air space. Not to mention Neil only said something 5 hours ago. Confused.

Neil hasn't killed me, at least not that I'm aware of

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
klezman wrote:Yeah, neither am I. Several wooters took home some of the unfinished remains for a second look. I had a feeling this one was going to get interesting so I grabbed it. I reported on the day 1 (which was about 3-4 hours of in-bottle decant) and on day 2, which was also in bottle but with tons of air space. Not to mention Neil only said something 5 hours ago. Confused.

Neil hasn't killed me, at least not that I'm aware of

To make it even more confusing, Neil is Klezman. Da da duhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

CT

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

kylemittskus wrote:I'm not sure what exactly you're suggesting. Are you accusing Neil of killing klezman for taking the bottle?

...I would never kill Klezman....

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

takethefarmandrun

cortot20 wrote:To make it even more confusing, Neil is Klezman. Da da duhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Moving even further from discussing this offer.... You all have me at a disadvantage: Are we talking doppelgängers, vardøger ...?!?

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
takethefarmandrun wrote:Moving even further from discussing this offer.... You all have me at a disadvantage: Are we talking doppelgängers, vardøger ...?!?

Neil is a good 4-5" taller than I am...

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

takethefarmandrun

klezman wrote:Neil is a good 4-5" taller than I am...

An inflated ego has he?!?...or should we psycho-analyze you in comparison?!!!

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:I was surprised I was First Sucker! Even with changing the shipping address to the Irvine Wine Locker. I think PetiteSirah was worn out from berating the SF Giants yesterday.

But yes, if it's PS, I'm in before all else!!!!

I saw it when you were both First and Last Sucker at the same time! I tried to copy and post with my phone, but it failed. Sorry. But it was cool!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cortot20

I think he's suggesting that Klez attempted to take the bottle and the Neil killed him with it.

So in the Standard format; Neil killed Klezman in the WCC spooky basement with the broken bottle.

What did I win?

CT

takethefarmandrun

cortot20 wrote:I think he's suggesting that Klez attempted to take the bottle and the Neil killed him with it.

So in the Standard format; Neil killed Klezman in the WCC spooky basement with the broken bottle.

What did I win?

Perhaps, you are blessed with the opportunity to become (nearly) simultaneously the last (D-H PS) wooter and and the first of the new day [don't let Mill have all the fun]. Is it even possible?!?

kylemittskus

takethefarmandrun wrote:An inflated ego has he?!?...or should we psycho-analyze you in comparison?!!!

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
neilfindswine wrote:...I would never kill Klezman....

But maybe this Neal did!

Neal K Bharadwaj

kylemittskus

nealkb wrote:But maybe this Neal did!

The plot thickens!!!

takethefarmandrun

kylemittskus wrote:....................

Kyle, I don't follow your meaning but I observe (from examining past days' postings) that perhaps you're trying to register the last post of the day. Have you considered a daily straddle?

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

Or we're all just waiting till the next deal comes up.

Neal K Bharadwaj

takethefarmandrun

kylemittskus wrote:The plot thickens!!!

...with chickens, caldrons and stew!

kylemittskus

takethefarmandrun wrote:Kyle, I don't follow your meaning

The feeling is universally mutual.

cortot20

takethefarmandrun wrote:Kyle, I don't follow your meaning but I observe (from examining past days' postings) that perhaps you're trying to register the last post of the day. Have you considered a daily straddle?

CT

takethefarmandrun

cortot20 wrote:..............................................

perhaps you and Kyle should play the financial markets...and then you'd catch on!

It's a new day!...

rjquillin

neilfindswine wrote:...I would never kill Klezman....

Poizon?

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
klezman wrote:Neil is a good 4-5" taller than I am...

Isn't everyone????

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 79 Private Messages PetiteSirah

STUPID HURRICANE!!!!

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

PetiteSirah wrote:STUPID HURRICANE!!!!

:c

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.