WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Quady Winery

When you finally catch the fox that's currently on the run, why not celebrate with a sweet dessert wine! It's also nice to have around to calm down a ballroom full of strangers. Who even let that man in the back come through in the first place? Aren't they checking IDs tonight?
Quady Winery official site

Facebook

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1598 Private Messages Cesare

Quady Winery

Quady Winery Sweet Sampler 4-Pack
$64.99 (Normally $103.55) 37% off List Price
2010 Essensia Orange Muscat, California 750ml
2010 Elysium Black Muscat, California 750ml
Starboard Batch 88 Dessert Wine 750ml
2011 Electra, Moscato California 750ml

Quady Winery 2011 Electra 6-Pack
$59.99 (Normally $101.20) 41% off List Price
2011 Electra, Moscato California 750ml

Quady Winery 2010 Elysium Black Muscat 4-Pack
$64.99 (Normally $103.55) 37% off List Price
2010 Elysium Black Muscat, California 750ml

Quady Winery 2010 Essensia Orange Muscat 4-Pack
$64.99 (Normally $83.55) 22% off List Price
2010 Essensia Orange Muscat, California 750ml

Quady Winery Starboard Batch 88 Dessert Wine 3-Pack
$64.99 (Normally $86.55) 25% off List Price
Starboard Batch 88 Dessert Wine 750ml

Previous offer: 11/25/11

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Holy rise in price batman. Yeah yeah I know, there are two different thing. The 2010 Electra Orange Muscat was replaced with the 2011 Moscato and this is Woot plus.

This is still cheaper then going to my local store and buying them indivually, but not by much.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman

Elysium is the best Muscat of any sort I've ever tasted. Tempted, but I can get single bottles (or half bottles) for not much difference in price locally.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bkarlan

I got a wicked headache off the Electra. It definitely was NOT because of the alcohol. It was because it was so tasty and the HIGH sugar content. Too dehydrated + high sugar did not equal a fun late evening.

They are great wines, but the rent is too damn high

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

chipgreen

quality posts: 186 Private Messages chipgreen

Glad I stocked up on these last time they were offered.

tafoxx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tafoxx

I've had the orange muscat before, and it was fantastic. I even looked into getting some myself, but everything else looked so good, and I couldn't decide which to get... and I couldn't afford to get them all. In for two samplers. :D

smwhipple

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smwhipple

Very pleased with everything except the fizzy 4.5% from the last time. The price is great as I'd pay the same for a 1/2 bottle locally on sale.
My only current issue is that for some reason they won't ship to me in California.

bkarlan

smwhipple wrote:
My only current issue is that for some reason they won't ship to me in California.

Why?

Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators, wine may only be delivered to the following states:
California, Colorado, District Of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming

They are in CA and they say they ship to CA, so what's up smwhipple?

mrsweet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages mrsweet

[quote postid="5223325" user="bkarlan"]Holy rise in price batman. Yeah yeah I know, there are two different thing. The 2010 Electra Orange Muscat was replaced with the 2011 Moscato and this is Woot plus.

Just wanted to point out that we haven't changed the way we make Electra. Its always been a blend of Orange Muscat and Muscat Canelli, with a little petillance, and about 4.5% alcohol. Its just that we started labeling it "moscato" instead of "Orange Muscat" - Moscato being Italian for "Muscat." As for style, "moscato" normally refers to the lower alcohol types with a little petillance. We continue to label our 15% alcohol styles with the grape varietal, eg: Orange Muscat, Black Muscat. Hope you are not too confused.

mrsweet

klezman wrote:Elysium is the best Muscat of any sort I've ever tasted. Tempted, but I can get single bottles (or half bottles) for not much difference in price locally.

When shopping for the best price be sure to check the bottle size. We make all these wines in both 375ml and 750ml sizes. This offering is all 750ml. Also, you don't need to drink the whole bottle at one sitting. Put the partially used bottle in the fridge, cork on, and its good for a month, easy.

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin

Got the combo last offering, and while increased in price, still less than the local BevMo sells for and they don't stock the Batch 88.

Mrsweet, don't recall your name, but I do remember meeting and speaking with you at the DelMar event last year, good to see you back up on woot!, and in for another sampler.

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
mrsweet wrote:When shopping for the best price be sure to check the bottle size. We make all these wines in both 375ml and 750ml sizes. This offering is all 750ml. Also, you don't need to drink the whole bottle at one sitting. Put the partially used bottle in the fridge, cork on, and its good for a month, easy.

I typically cap any open bottle with Argon. How might this extend the month you suggest if just refrigerated?
You going to be including your suggested cocktail mixers with shipments?

CT

weblair

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weblair

The price of both the Elysium and the Essensia is $23.99 a bottle at my low price super store. One of each for me!

andrejita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrejita

Love, Love, Love this wine! They are all delicious dessert wines. This is one of our favorite wineries, and an amazing price, even compared to shipping it from the winery itself. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

andrejita

mrsweet

rjquillin wrote:I typically cap any open bottle with Argon. How might this extend the month you suggest if just refrigerated?
You going to be including your suggested cocktail mixers with shipments?

I haven't experimented with Argon. the reduced temp seems to do fine. And re cocktails that can be made with Electra, Essensia, Elysium, and Batch 88, our cocktail book is on-line and can be downloaded from www.quadywinery.com It has recipes for drinks made with all our wines especially our Vya vermouth. Also, check out Vya.com. We will soon be posting a bunch of holiday cocktails, one of which is the midnight manhattan made with Batch 88, Sweet Vya, and Whiskey.

somhrita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages somhrita

oh how i wish this shipped to LA. sigh.

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday

Ok, by "litchi" (assuming lychee), does that mean mild citrusy but sort of custardy? Basically I'm trying to decide between the Elysium and the Essensia, and by the descriptions the Essensia is winning (apricot vs lychee is not a contest). Any thoughts from people who have tried both?

smwhipple

bkarlan wrote:Why?

Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators, wine may only be delivered to the following states:
California, Colorado, District Of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming

Damned if I know. I can get any of their other selections, just not the orange muscat...maybe they're out? I've got an e-mail into customer service, but that probably won't help me in time.

Korista

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Korista

Yay!! This is like Christmas in October!

Thank you!

(Could you nudge Quady North to think about showing up here,too?)

smwhipple

greyday wrote:Ok, by "litchi" (assuming lychee), does that mean mild citrusy but sort of custardy? Basically I'm trying to decide between the Elysium and the Essensia, and by the descriptions the Essensia is winning (apricot vs lychee is not a contest). Any thoughts from people who have tried both?

My recollection (yes, I had to try all four within a week of getting the samplers) is that the black muscat while very good is just a bit on the over sweetened side for me. The Orange Muscat was the winner overall, followed by the port, then the black muscat and my least favorite was the slightly fizzy one.

I'm a big fan of dessert wines and especially orange muscat so I tend to sample them whenever they are available.

mrsweet

Korista wrote:Yay!! This is like Christmas in October!

Thank you!

(Could you nudge Quady North to think about showing up here,too?)

I know everybody likes a great deal but Quady North operates on a different business plan from Quady. Their costs are higher so they need to sell their wines at pretty much full price. Sorry about that.

That being said, their quality is very high for the prices they charge.

I will bring it up and maybe there is an item or two which might work for woot. No promises.

mrsweet

smwhipple wrote:Damned if I know. I can get any of their other selections, just not the orange muscat...maybe they're out? I've got an e-mail into customer service, but that probably won't help me in time.

I suggest you call the winery at 559-673-8068 and speak to either Shelley or Cynthia about your issue so you can get it resolved. We do ship to California.

Arista07

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Arista07

I love dessert wines, and apparently this winery comes highly recommended. I know I'm getting the Starboard 88. However, it's a toss up between the 2010 Essensia and the 2011 Elysium. What's the aging time on these? Do they require more aging, unlike the Starboard?

thespiansmc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thespiansmc

Last month (just; it was mid September) I went to a bartender camp in Kentucky. We did a lot of bourbon tours, but we also had people in to talk to us about other things, and Quady Winery sent a brand ambassador with a full line of their wines.

I tried the Batch 88 and the Essensia, and I have to tell you, they were amazingly good. I like dessert wines and ports, and these were very enjoyable. The Batch 88 had a velvety, deep fruitiness that I especially enjoyed.

lukewarmplay

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lukewarmplay

The Electra is supposed to be carbonated? Between that and not feeling any effects from the alcohol, I assumed it had gone bad and dumped it. But it was a lot more than "slightly" fizzy.

lukewarmplay

(The others were great, though)

Darksoul13

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Darksoul13

How is shipping affected to NYC?

Silly Rabbit......

mrsweet

Arista07 wrote:I love dessert wines, and apparently this winery comes highly recommended. I know I'm getting the Starboard 88. However, it's a toss up between the 2010 Essensia and the 2011 Elysium. What's the aging time on these? Do they require more aging, unlike the Starboard?

Regarding Aging:

Neither Essensia, Elysium, or Starboard Batch 88 require aging. Essensia and Elysium are best when fresh, within a few years of the vintage date. They are also fine when aged although the Essensia will darken and form a sediment. Starboard Batch 88 is made from a blend of wines with different ages. these are all different port wines made with different varietals and from different vintage years. When bottled the average age is about 5 to 6 years. If aged in the bottle the wine will become more like a tawny port. If drunk within a few years of bottling, it is like a blend of a vintage port with a tawny port. But the style is different from ports from Portugal with more "ripe fruit" and softer tannins.

mrsweet

Darksoul13 wrote:How is shipping affected to NYC?

Sorry, can't answer that. But Manhattan doesn't seem to be as affected as some other areas. I believe flights will start up into Kennedy today (Wed). It probably all depends on whether the UPS and FEDEX trucks and warehouses are O.K. among other things.

mrsweet

lukewarmplay wrote:The Electra is supposed to be carbonated? Between that and not feeling any effects from the alcohol, I assumed it had gone bad and dumped it. But it was a lot more than "slightly" fizzy.

RE: This poster's preference for Essensia, Elysium, Batch 88 over Electra. Wooters should know that Electra is actually our best selling wine. But, the people buying this 4.5% "moscato" type sweet wine are likeing it possibly for the reasons that this poster doesn't like it, mainly the low alcohol and the slight petillance. Incidentally, the CO2 in Electra results from the wine's cold fermentation and bottling shortly after fermentation has completed.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Darksoul13 wrote:How is shipping affected to NYC?

I'm sure it will. Here's the info on the FedEx site.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mrsweet

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm sure it will. Here's the info on the FedEx site.

We will ship your wine as soon as FEDEX says they can service the recipient's area.

Arista07

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Arista07
mrsweet wrote:Regarding Aging:

Neither Essensia, Elysium, or Starboard Batch 88 require aging. Essensia and Elysium are best when fresh, within a few years of the vintage date. They are also fine when aged although the Essensia will darken and form a sediment. Starboard Batch 88 is made from a blend of wines with different ages. these are all different port wines made with different varietals and from different vintage years. When bottled the average age is about 5 to 6 years. If aged in the bottle the wine will become more like a tawny port. If drunk within a few years of bottling, it is like a blend of a vintage port with a tawny port. But the style is different from ports from Portugal with more "ripe fruit" and softer tannins.

Thanks for the reply. I decided on the 88 and Elysium, just because I have not had black muscat before. However, I do hope to see Essensia on the site again when I have a greater wine budget. I just couldn't justify getting all 3. Glad to know I can have these on tap for Christmas and New Years as well. Knowing my people, I don't think they'll last much longer than that.

dmbott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmbott
bkarlan wrote:Why?

Not only that, when I tried to ship to CA they said:
"
Not availiable to the selected shipping address
"

So, I suspect spelling-challenged Gremlins

Update: I tried and succeeded to buy this via iphone - still fails on Mac. That must be hard to code !

lukewarmplay

mrsweet wrote:RE: This poster's preference for Essensia, Elysium, Batch 88 over Electra. Wooters should know that Electra is actually our best selling wine. But, the people buying this 4.5% "moscato" type sweet wine are likeing it possibly for the reasons that this poster doesn't like it, mainly the low alcohol and the slight petillance. Incidentally, the CO2 in Electra results from the wine's cold fermentation and bottling shortly after fermentation has completed.

I wish I'd known!

kewee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kewee

Essensia with some dark chocolate is a bit of heaven. Perfect hostess gift.

lorf

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lorf

I enjoyed my first bottle of the essensia. It definitely lived up to all the hype. I gave away the other bottles as gifts and all of them were well received.

Heck it was so good, I probably will need to order more from the winery.