kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
bhodilee wrote:You need to master the art of making fun of people and having them love you for it.

Of course, sensei. Forgive me. Don't give up on me yet. I will train harder.

Edit: Sparky!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 188 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bhodilee wrote:I totally missed that, we must not be friends, well, we are, Jen and I. I like to interject nonsense into those arguments.

We had enough nonsense (both) there!

And I knew I should have bought the lightsaber flashlights last night!!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:Of course, sensei. Forgive me. Don't give up on me yet. I will train harder.

Edit: Sparky!

Maybe this will help: Dale Carnegie Training's Secrets of Success in the Digital Age download. "Free Tips to Win Friends & Influence People in the Digital Age!"

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

quality posts: 131 Private Messages klezman

I'm having non-buyer's remorse on the Clayhouse white blend. It was tasty. If anybody has a bottle they want to spare, let me know!

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm
klezman wrote:I'm having non-buyer's remorse on the Clayhouse white blend. It was tasty. If anybody has a bottle they want to spare, let me know!

ddeuddeg & I have first dibs on that. ddeuddeg posted earlier on the D&D thread. We had a bad bottle when we tasted, therefore we chose not to post. After hearing the many great comments, that confirmed that it was a bad bottle. We're willing to give one a fair chance.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege

I'm really surprised that none of the cheeses have sold out as of yet.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cheron98 wrote:It's the memories, for me. The shoreline got changed. I can't share these things with my nephews, or HAK's nieces. Or my cousin's kid. We get to keep the memories, but we may never be able to share them with the next generation.

Buildings can be rebuilt, provided the land is still there to rebuild on. The image that haunts me the most is the one of the Mantoloking Bridge now being a bridge to nowhere. Giant swath of land, gone. That cannot be rebuilt. They'll have to tear it down and create new pathways onto the barrier islands.

The face of the Jersey Shore has changed.

I feel the pain, too. Some of the most vivid memories of my pre-high school years are of walking along the boardwalk at Seaside Heights and riding on the rides. We spent a week there several times during the summer, living in a cottage by the beach. Now all that's left are the memories. I can't even imagine how it feels to have spent a lifetime there, and have it washed away forever in a matter of hours.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Kyle, I think this thread was made for you

http://wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=74260&p=1007882#p1007882

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
MarkDaSpark wrote:I got this big ass magnet in the mail today. Question is can I use it as a dartboard??

Edit: Me!!!

Uh, why?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:Uh, why?

It has this picture on it. Of a couple. Save the date flaming bag.

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:I'm really surprised that none of the cheeses have sold out as of yet.

Cause no one wants to cut them?

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:Cause no one wants to cut them?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:It has this picture on it. Of a couple. Save the date flaming bag.

Nothing like getting reminded to check the mail from across the country! And they used a picture that I took on the magnet! (I was going to say, "And they used my picture on the magnet!" but I realized that that statement just wouldn't work!)

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
MarkDaSpark wrote:It has this picture on it. Of a couple. Save the date flaming bag.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
bahwm wrote:Nothing like getting reminded to check the mail from across the country! And they used a picture that I took on the magnet! (I was going to say, "And they used my picture on the magnet!" but I realized that that statement just wouldn't work!)

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

cortot20

quality posts: 166 Private Messages cortot20
cjsiege wrote:I'm really surprised that none of the cheeses have sold out as of yet.

They probably have a very large quantity of each to sell and offering them all at once really minimizes the chance of any one of them selling out.

CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Well now that they're arriving, those of you who DON'T receive one, be patient. We can't invite everyone to the wedding itself due to financial constraints, but there will be something for everyone.

Promise.

Keep August open.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:

Now see the thanks I get for reminding people to check their mail???

Although I thought it would be the other post I'd get in trouble for.

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:

Oh sure, give her a happy face!!!

kylemittskus

tytiger58 wrote:Kyle, I think this thread was made for you

http://wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=74260&p=1007882#p1007882

I laughed out loud. People seriously believe that s***!

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
cheron98 wrote:Well now that they're arriving, those of you who DON'T receive one, be patient. We can't invite everyone to the wedding itself due to financial constraints, but there will be something for everyone.

Promise.

Keep August open.

Ooh so August. Yeah. Weddings are way expensive.

By the way pm for you.

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:Oh sure, give her a happy face!!!

Of course! I captured their happy faces!

klezman

SoCal peoples! Head on over to the SoCal #23 Thread and weigh in on the date and whether you are going to be able to make it.

We're looking forward to hosting our first event together and first SoCal w.w event!

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cheron98

Yeah, totally still need people's addresses. Sending me your address vastly increases the likelihood that the very cool thing will include you.

Not sending your address pretty much guarantees it won't. Unless I already have your address.

CAGrl

cheron98 wrote:Yeah, totally still need people's addresses. Sending me your address vastly increases the likelihood that the very cool thing will include you.

Not sending your address pretty much guarantees it won't. Unless I already have your address.

You're so funny. Sent a pm with my addy.

cortot20

quality posts: 166 Private Messages cortot20

Carter's footie pjs for 6 month olds have an elastic band at the ankle to keep the feet in. It also makes it extremely difficult to get the kicking feet in there at 3 am. We are a nation of extremely smart people, can't we figure this out.

CT

MarkDaSpark

Daylight Savings time ended at 2 AM.

Does anyone else find it ironic that I forgot this?

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:Carter's footie pjs for 6 month olds have an elastic band at the ankle to keep the feet in. It also makes it extremely difficult to get the kicking feet in there at 3 am. We are a nation of extremely smart people, can't we figure this out.

Us smart ones figured out not to try to put them in at 3 AM.

Edit: And why was there a Dancing Broccoli in my Sig this morning? I hate Broccoli!!!

Sparky Smash!!!!

On checking, it appears it's supposed to be a "tree". A tree is supposed to have a brown trunk!

All green = Broccoli

Brown trunk/green top = Tree!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Tsk tsk, broccoli is good for you.

Have a song instead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR6y71x3tSY

PS: nice pony tails you got there.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Tsk tsk, broccoli is good for you.

Have a song instead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR6y71x3tSY

PS: nice pony tails you got there.

Sparky Smash!!!

And I'll see your song and raise you a free cat!!!

And why are you complementing PetiteSirah on his pony tails?

cheron98

So if any of you would like to help out with Sandy stuff, but are wondering what you can do from so far away, read on...

If you want to help, have AMAZON or DRUGSTORE.COM deliver (for delivery Tuesday (3.99/item extra) or Wed (free with prime)) anything you think they would need. Food, toiletries, flashlights, LED lights, C and D batteries, baby needs, feminine needs, senior needs, hammers, shovels, brooms, disinfectant, paper towels, scouring goods, etc etc. Send it in.

Here's a list of shelters in my home area specifically

CAGrl

So for those of you with BevMo's nearby and was on the newbie RPM tour, I was able to pick up a bottle of the Dry Creek Chenin Blanc for 8.99. I was at the Mountain View BevMo for those of you who are local.

MarkDaSpark

So first was the iPad. Now the iPad Mini. What's next, the iPad Maxi???

chemvictim

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chemvictim

If they make an ipad with wings I'm getting one.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
cheron98 wrote:Yeah, totally still need people's addresses. Sending me your address vastly increases the likelihood that the very cool thing will include you.

I did... let me know if you didn't get it

mommadeb1

just got home. Went to Epcot Food and Wine festival... Yummmy things... my favorite drink Was Iron Horse "Fairy Tale" cuvee.... yummmmmm!

ddeuddeg

mommadeb1 wrote:just got home. Went to Epcot Food and Wine festival... Yummmy things... my favorite drink Was Iron Horse "Fairy Tale" cuvee.... yummmmmm!

Maybe I should chill one of those for Tuesday night, just in case.

mommadeb1

ddeuddeg wrote:Maybe I should chill one of those for Tuesday night, just in case.

I now know why everyone is excited when Iron Horse shows up here! I will not be missing out again!

klezman

ddeuddeg wrote:Maybe I should chill one of those for Tuesday night, just in case.

You anticipating an IH wooting, or in the event of happy election results?

kylemittskus

klezman wrote:You anticipating an IH wooting, or in the event of happy election results?

I'm guessing the latter. But D-dog is a wise man; he'll follow Napoleon's famous quote about champagne in either case.