MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

I got this big ass magnet in the mail today. Question is can I use it as a dartboard??

Edit: Me!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
MarkDaSpark wrote:I got this big ass magnet in the mail today. Question is can I use it as a dartboard??

Edit: Me!!!

Answer, yes! Second question: will it work as one?

Oh, and there is a shot at you in today's offer thread ;-)

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
rjquillin wrote:That's just plain funny. And Kyle, keep it up, you're a good source of reason and balance. Wait, did I just say that? Where's bowtie?

Seriously, please tell me if I am out of line. But I feel like this is the second id.iot in a few days (the other was takethefarmandrun), though, and I can't not say something.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

cmaldoon wrote:Answer, yes! Second question: will it work as one?

Oh, and there is a shot at you in today's offer thread ;-)

Well, I probably took a shot at them first for going after kyle.

Edit: But I think it's hilarious that they bought a set after all of their whining.

I figured out who it is ... Alec Baldwin!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, I probably took a shot at them first for going after kyle.

Which I, of course, appreciate.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
kylemittskus wrote:Seriously, please tell me if I am out of line. But I feel like this is the second id.iot in a few days (the other was takethefarmandrun), though, and I can't not say something.

You do tend to jump on people, whether you consider them shills or zombies or whatever, and are willing to escalate. It's the internet, you can't win To be fair, not picking you out, I feel the same way about BD discussions, politics (Mark's argument with Jen on fb, holy cow, that was out of nowhere), etc. I just tune it out.

CT

kylemittskus

tenuki wrote:You do tend to jump on people, whether you consider them shills or zombies or whatever, and are willing to escalate. It's the internet, you can't win To be fair, not picking you out, I feel the same way about BD discussions, politics (Mark's argument with Jen on fb, holy cow, that was out of nowhere), etc. I just tune it out.

I appreciate the honestly. I am not afraid to say something, but perhaps I do so too often/too strongly. I know it's completely futile, but I just can't help myself! (Pointless self-defense warning!) This guy threatened to leave "for good" at least twice! How can I not say something. (End of pointless self-defense.)

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:You do tend to jump on people, whether you consider them shills or zombies or whatever, and are willing to escalate. It's the internet, you can't win To be fair, not picking you out, I feel the same way about BD discussions, politics (Mark's argument with Jen on fb, holy cow, that was out of nowhere), etc. I just tune it out.

Yeah, we were talking past one another (it didn't help she was reading things into it that wasn't there).

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:I appreciate the honestly. I am not afraid to say something, but perhaps I do so too often/too strongly. I know it's completely futile, but I just can't help myself! (Pointless self-defense warning!) This guy threatened to leave "for good" at least twice! How can I not say something. (End of pointless self-defense.)

Exactly! And then they end up buying the set! It has to be Alec Baldwin.

Edit: And funnier still was that they replied about their leaving to the wrong post of mine. The one they wanted was 2 or 3 posts down from that one. The one they responded to was a simple explanation of the pricing.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
polarbear22 wrote:I laughed at the irony. But I am not as sensitive to the damage as I never went to the Jersey shore. Lots of people upset that a part of their childhood is gone now.

Yes. Seeing your hometown underwater and the pathway to one of your favorite hangouts obliterated, and knowing that that hangout was the hardest hit and is basically gone... kind of puts you on edge.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

mommadeb1 wrote:Not to be insensitive... but.... now maybe people have a clue of what we go thru down here with Hurricanes... It takes years for things to be rebuilt...but you don't here us complaining.....yes, things got destroyed, but they are just that, things..they can be rebuilt or replaced, lives can't

It's the memories, for me. The shoreline got changed. I can't share these things with my nephews, or HAK's nieces. Or my cousin's kid. We get to keep the memories, but we may never be able to share them with the next generation.

Buildings can be rebuilt, provided the land is still there to rebuild on. The image that haunts me the most is the one of the Mantoloking Bridge now being a bridge to nowhere. Giant swath of land, gone. That cannot be rebuilt. They'll have to tear it down and create new pathways onto the barrier islands.

The face of the Jersey Shore has changed.

cheron98

tenuki wrote:You sound so much like cat with that last line Hope you get it running!

Lies!

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm
cmaldoon wrote:We just got BrightGreen her first wine woot purchase... And her Second too! Good cheese and fine wine all for $5 shipping. Woot!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:Seriously, please tell me if I am out of line. But I feel like this is the second id.iot in a few days (the other was takethefarmandrun), though, and I can't not say something.

Seriously? I find your posts most generally antagonistic, but honest, towards those those that are being unrealistic of what woot! is, or had become. We may not like it, as it has changed, but it's what we've got.

CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Hmmm....nope, and I would take one of those Turley cabs if your getting any.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

kylemittskus

rjquillin wrote:Seriously? I find your posts most generally antagonistic, but honest, towards those those that are being unrealistic of what woot! is, or had become. We may not like it, as it has changed, but it's what we've got.

Ok. New rule for me. My first post will be nicer and less antagonistic. My second post...

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:Ok. New rule for me. My first post will be nicer and less antagonistic. My second post...

I don't know, I like the old Kyle

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

kylemittskus

tytiger58 wrote:I don't know, I like the old Kyle

I kind of do, too. I don't really want to be aD, though. However, I still feel that my posts, even if they're quasi-offensive, have merit.

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
rjquillin wrote:Seriously? I find your posts most generally antagonistic, but honest, towards those those that are being unrealistic of what woot! is, or had become. We may not like it, as it has changed, but it's what we've got.

I'd tend to agree with this. You bring up good points, but they do tend to be pretty direct and can be perceived as antagonistic. I'm all for pointing it out, ftr.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

kylemittskus

otolith wrote:I'd tend to agree with this. You bring up good points, but they do tend to be pretty direct and can be perceived as antagonistic. I'm all for pointing it out, ftr.

Diplomatic is not a word anyone would use when describing me. I have no illusions about this fact.

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
kylemittskus wrote:Diplomatic is not a word anyone would use when describing me. I have no illusions about this fact.

Well, then don't be surprised by some of the responses.

I suspect you're just as critical of yourself, however (I know the type).

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:Diplomatic is not a word anyone would use when describing me. I have no illusions about this fact.

And unlike others, (the offended) I have absolutely no problems with this. Quite refreshing actually.

CT

kylemittskus

otolith wrote:Well, then don't be surprised by some of the responses.

I suspect you're just as critical of yourself, however (I know the type).

First of all, quite perspicacious of you considering the only medium on which we have interacted is the interwebs. And I'm not surprised by the reactions. I, however, don't want to turn people away from the fantastic community that I was able to become part of. Out of the other side of my mouth, though, I don't want people to come in and turn others away (today, the wine maker) from the fantastic community I was able to become part of.

rjquillin

I've now finished off a 2004 Meeker Kiss Ridge, and the Domenico 2001 Syrah. Both capped with Ar and held up very nicely, but only one glass each. It's Friday, I feel compelled to find something else to consume, but what...?

CT

kylemittskus

rjquillin wrote:I've now finished off a 2004 Meeker Kiss Ridge, and the Domenico 2001 Syrah. Both capped with Ar and held up very nicely, but only one glass each. It's Friday, I feel compelled to find something else to consume, but what...?

Whisk(e)y!!!!

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:Whisk(e)y!!!!

Pumpkin bread and some Robert Hall port, meh. Oban, yeah! Good call.

CT

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:Whisk(e)y!!!!

I'm going to need some tonight, that troll keeps showing up. I really wanted to call him out for saying he was leaving, yet keeps coming back.

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:I'm going to need some tonight, that troll keeps showing up. I really wanted to call him out for saying he was leaving, yet keeps coming back.

I did that twice, although they've been deleted. I had some hard apple cider tonight for the first time. Quite enjoyable.

Cesare

quality posts: 1698 Private Messages Cesare

What the hell! Every time! Spam post, only in these two threads.
International Saké Day: Made like a beer and sipped like a wine.
Priorat, it's the Schist!
Why is it always only those two...

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Cesare wrote:What the hell! Every time! Spam post, only in these two threads.
International Saké Day: Made like a beer and sipped like a wine.
Priorat, it's the Schist!
Why is it always only those two...

They do 2 on every site except shirt (0) and Sellout (1). I have no idea how they target the threads.

Gone now.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:They do 2 on every site except shirt (0) and Sellout (1). I have no idea how they target the threads.

Gone now.

TT Smash!!!

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm
ThunderThighs wrote:They do 2 on every site except shirt (0) and Sellout (1). I have no idea how they target the threads.

Gone now.

Love the enhanced club!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
tenuki wrote:You sound so much like cat with that last line

Totally.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ddeuddeg

kylemittskus wrote:First of all, quite perspicacious of you considering the only medium on which we have interacted is the interwebs. And I'm not surprised by the reactions. I, however, don't want to turn people away from the fantastic community that I was able to become part of. Out of the other side of my mouth, though, I don't want people to come in and turn others away (today, the wine maker) from the fantastic community I was able to become part of.

I'm sure you'll remember there was a time, many years ago, when you and I used to go at it. Once I figured out that, basically, you're a lot like me when it comes to saying what's on your mind, and most of the time (including the most recent discourse) I tend to agree with you, the nasty bits completely went away. I don't think you've ever turned away anyone of substance. Now, get off the maybe list, and onto the attendees list for D&D, and we can finally meet in person. I'll bring a bottle of Ty's '05 Field Blend Red (still drinking nicely).

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
kylemittskus wrote:Why is it always me who pisses people off?

cause you're a Beelzebub?

I think the real reason is people don't like people pointing out when they're stupid.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

ddeuddeg

rjquillin wrote:Oban, yeah! Excellent call.

IFTFY.

bhodilee

tenuki wrote:I don't think bowtie pisses people off, they just piss him off

basically. I don't set out to antagonize people, but if they're stupid they should be told in hopes they cease being stupid. If I hung out in the main threads anymore I'd constantly be in trouble. But since I dont' hardly buy anything with the spectre of daycare haunting me, I just stay away.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bhodilee

rjquillin wrote:That's just plain funny. And Kyle, keep it up, you're a good source of reason and balance. Wait, did I just say that? Where's bowtie?

a day ago, I was a lot of places. seeing as how we lack TIME STAMPS (different, but similiar to tramp stamps) I'm not sure where I was precisely when you were posting. Hey, I like being a sheep though so I'm glad we followed everyone else and got rid of the time stamps. It's like Facebook and that's good cause their stock is doing AWESOME!

bhodilee

I totally missed that, we must not be friends, well, we are, Jen and I. I like to interject nonsense into those arguments.

bhodilee

kylemittskus wrote:Ok. New rule for me. My first post will be nicer and less antagonistic. My second post...

You need to master the art of making fun of people and having them love you for it.