klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
cheron98 wrote:Teaser -

For those of you who think you can only afford one woot weekend event next year - save it for August.

Also, I need everyone to PM me your addresses.

*cough*

Very nice! I'm curious to hear more details

Sparky!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
bahwm wrote:I was agreeing with CAGirl. Need to meet mommadeb. CAGirl & I saw each other.

Sometimes the pub gets so convoluted that it's tricky to figure out what's being said, but I didn't think this was one of those times. rjq must have been having an off day.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
ddeuddeg wrote:Sometimes the pub gets so convoluted that it's tricky to figure out what's being said, but I didn't think this was one of those times. rjq must have been having an off day.

Yeah, I'm prone to that. Reading back, I'd missed a few since we
STILL DON'T HAVE TIME STAMPS YET,
I made the connection.

CT

ddeuddeg

rjquillin wrote:Yeah, I'm prone to that. Reading back, I'd missed a few since we
STILL DON'T HAVE TIME STAMPS YET,
I made the connection.

It seems to me that enough of us have asked for time stamps to come back, and it can't be that difficult to do, since they haven't done it yet, they don't intend to put them up for current posts, FOR SOME UNKNOWN (AND PROBABLY STUPID) REASON.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
ddeuddeg wrote:It seems to me that enough of us have asked for time stamps to come back, and it can't be that difficult to do, since they haven't done it yet, they don't intend to put them up for current posts, FOR SOME UNKNOWN (AND PROBABLY STUPID) REASON.

I brought this up in the Troubles thread, and the response was basically "this is how the TwitterFacebookCommentUniverse works, so that's what we slavishly decided to use. But only for posts < 24 hours old. When you actually care less about the exact time a post was made." Never mind that this is a different sort of forum and we would much rather know when a post was made instead of how long ago a post was made. Code monkeys, are you listening?

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
kylemittskus wrote:I tasted it this past weekend. It's interesting. It's nothing like a big Napa cab, and that's kind of the point. They're trying to make it in the fashion of the pre-big-Napa-can movement. Alc. was 14.5%. $40/bottle wasn't screaming QPR, but it was rather enjoyable. We didn't buy any of it, but did think about it.

Thanks for the info!

14.5%! That doesn't sound like a Bordeaux of old that they're trying to get back to...I would have though 12.5-13%. That said, I like Turley zins, and they can be pretty high alcohol, although they don't strike me as the fruit bomb zins.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bahwm

quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm

Did you guys notice: BeeHive Cheese is up on Plus! Yum!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

So.... Back during the summer when CRAZY heat waves were racking the country I decided I would have all of my eas coast orders which ship out of New Jersey hold shipment until 10/30... Y'know.... So the weather would have a chance to calm down a bit......

WTSO was able to ship yesterday and Wine Library is still without power.

Yet another reason I like ordering from WW..... $5 1 day shipping :-)

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Don't forget Daylight Savings ends Sunday at 2 AM!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
cmaldoon wrote:So.... Back during the summer when CRAZY heat waves were racking the country I decided I would have all of my eas coast orders which ship out of New Jersey hold shipment until 10/30... Y'know.... So the weather would have a chance to calm down a bit......

So sorry that the destruction of the Jersey shoreline caused a delay in your shipping.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cmaldoon

cheron98 wrote:So sorry that the destruction of the Jersey shoreline caused a delay in your shipping.

Oy vey. The statement was about the irony. I don't care about the delay. In the light you cast on it I'm an unfeeling arrogant ghastly ghoul. I assure you I am not.

My Cellar

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
cmaldoon wrote:Oy vey. The statement was about the irony. I don't care about the delay. In the light you cast on it I'm an unfeeling arrogant ghastly ghoul. I assure you I am not.

I hope not. That's the role I fill around here and I don't like competition.

Mainly cause I'm lazy, and competing takes effort.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Waiting 25 minutes so far at the dermatologist's office. And, I was here on time! Gotta love this place. Not!

Edit: OK: 42 minutes from checkin to car with exam complete. Doctor was thorough. I have a clean bill of health! Yippee!

glad you got a clean bill!! I need to find a dermo....

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Of course you NEED to attend! The better question is does HE need to attend?? Think of all the extra $$ available to buy fine wine that weekend!!

but if I don't bring him, who will carry all my wine purchases? and then I can check more wine when we fly home!!

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:I agree with sparky that you need to attend.

thanks!! I am working on it!!

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Absolutely! We NEED to meet!

Agreed!!

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:Teaser -

For those of you who think you can only afford one woot weekend event next year - save it for August.

Also, I need everyone to PM me your addresses.

*cough*

exciting!!! Maybe I can attend 2 wine woot gatherings!!!! (fingers crossed)

mommadeb1

cmaldoon wrote:So.... Back during the summer when CRAZY heat waves were racking the country I decided I would have all of my eas coast orders which ship out of New Jersey hold shipment until 10/30... Y'know.... So the weather would have a chance to calm down a bit......

I had originally told WTSO to ship my wine in October....had to change it to Nov. as it was still in the upper 80's here. They were very accommodating.

bahwm

quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm

mommadeb: You're Elvira posting, you know!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin

mommadeb1 wrote:I had originally told WTSO to ship my wine in October....had to change it to Nov. as it was still in the upper 80's here. They were very accommodating.

Likewise, hope they don't have to ship via a barge however.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:So sorry that the destruction of the Jersey shoreline caused a delay in your shipping.

How can anyone tell?

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:mommadeb: You're Elvira posting, you know!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
cmaldoon wrote:Oy vey. The statement was about the irony. I don't care about the delay. In the light you cast on it I'm an unfeeling arrogant ghastly ghoul. I assure you I am not.

I laughed at the irony. But I am not as sensitive to the damage as I never went to the Jersey shore. Lots of people upset that a part of their childhood is gone now.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mommadeb1

polarbear22 wrote:I laughed at the irony. But I am not as sensitive to the damage as I never went to the Jersey shore. Lots of people upset that a part of their childhood is gone now.

Not to be insensitive... but.... now maybe people have a clue of what we go thru down here with Hurricanes... It takes years for things to be rebuilt...but you don't here us complaining.....yes, things got destroyed, but they are just that, things..they can be rebuilt or replaced, lives can't

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
otolith wrote:Thanks for the info!

14.5%! That doesn't sound like a Bordeaux of old that they're trying to get back to...I would have though 12.5-13%. That said, I like Turley zins, and they can be pretty high alcohol, although they don't strike me as the fruit bomb zins.

The alc is very well hidden. And this is not an over-oaked fruit bomb cab. However, it's nowhere near a BDX with the old world charm that you'd expect from the left bank. It's a very nice, restrained, CA cab. Worth the buy-in, IMO, if just to taste a couple.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ddeuddeg

At last, something to help brighten up a gloomy weekend: Gummibears Gangnam Style.

cmaldoon

We just got BrightGreen her first wine woot purchase... And her Second too! Good cheese and fine wine all for $5 shipping. Woot!

My Cellar

kylemittskus

Why is it always me who pisses people off?

ghyo1 wrote:Excuse me, but "borderline attacking"? So now, asking a valid question about pricing is an attack? You are the one making the attack. I would say I was quite civil, given that the top of this page says "You're not gonna sit there and let that jerkface get away with saying that, are you?" Read all the posts. Many had questions about the pricing. You apparently must work for woot, and, if so, most likely advised David on his ad. If that's the case, you are not representing either him or woot very well. Regardless, I won't be making this mistake again. Goodbye, woot.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
kylemittskus wrote:Why is it always me who pisses people off?

Hard work and dedication?

MarkDaSpark

cmaldoon wrote:We just got BrightGreen her first wine woot purchase... And her Second too! Good cheese and fine wine all for $5 shipping. Woot!

Congrats!!!!!!

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:Why is it always me who pisses people off?

Your sunny personality? No, no, that's bowtie.

Must be your word crafting skills.

jawlz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz
otolith wrote:Thanks for the info!

From the notes they sent out, they're aiming at a style that was found in cali cabs before they got so big/made in a pre-parker style.

They've allocated me 2 cases; I won't buy all of that, but am debating buying 3 or 4 bottles; at $40 for something I haven't had.... I don't know. It's kind of a coin flip right now.

edit - here's their 'fact sheet': http://www.turleywine.com/assets/files/TWC_TL2010_FactSheet.pdf

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
MarkDaSpark wrote:Your sunny personality? No, no, that's bowtie.

Must be your word crafting skills.

I don't think bowtie pisses people off, they just piss him off

CT

kylemittskus

jawlz wrote:From the notes they sent out, they're aiming at a style that was found in cali cabs before they got so big/made in a pre-parker style.

They've allocated me 2 cases; I won't buy all of that, but am debating buying 3 or 4 bottles; at $40 for something I haven't had.... I don't know. It's kind of a coin flip right now.

edit - here's their 'fact sheet': http://www.turleywine.com/assets/files/TWC_TL2010_FactSheet.pdf

I was allocated 24, also. If anyone wants some, let me know.

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:I don't think bowtie pisses people off, they just piss him off

No, no. I meant bowtie has the sunny personality.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:I was allocated 24, also. If anyone wants some, let me know.

Something tells me they allocated it to all of us ....

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:Something tells me they allocated it to all of us ....

Seriously. 2 cases/person. How much did they make?

rjquillin

chemvictim wrote:Hard work and dedication?

That's just plain funny. And Kyle, keep it up, you're a good source of reason and balance. Wait, did I just say that? Where's bowtie?

CT

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

I am this close to throwing a tantrum, or at least a mini-tantrum. I HATE internet explorer, it's a giant POS!!!!! (I have to use it for work)

Not responding, not responding, not responding...connecting...waiting for reply...lies, all lies!

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
chemvictim wrote:I am this close to throwing a tantrum, or at least a mini-tantrum. I HATE internet explorer, it's a giant POS!!!!! (I have to use it for work)

Not responding, not responding, not responding...connecting...waiting for reply...lies, all lies!

You sound so much like cat with that last line Hope you get it running!

CT